Season finish

steniebear

Dont now how true this is but my friend who owns bookies shops told me that the league will be finished behind closed doors games. Players to be screened before for the coronavirus and the games are being played all live on TV. Scotland and England.
He was on about the effect on his business and he said that horse racing and golf have to start back in 2 weeks behind closed doors as well. All betting will be on line or telephone as you would imagine.
He said an announcement will be made this Friday
As i said, just saying what i was told but the way his busineses have been effected for the last few weeks he seemed delighted he will be making cash again.

I’m sure the players and coaches will be absolutely delighted if that’s true.

Sounds made up
Nobody knows what’s going to happen with this virus.
Closed doors games, hmmm, terrible idea.
Fans will still congregate outside.
Liverpool’s will and I’m sure the poets as well.

I heard tonight that some senior players from a lower level championship club in England had a meeting with their chairman. His words were that this season would definitely be played to a finish.

Just can’t see it happening that the league would finish behind closed doors. If it’s not safe for fans, it’s not safe for players.

I heard tonight that some senior players from a lower level championship club in England had a meeting with their chairman. His words were that this season would definitely be played to a finish.
I’m thinking that way now as well

Theres still horse racing going ahead in America, Australia and Hong Kong, i think its all behind closed doors

PFA will put an end to this.
For a start, our foreign players that have returned home, may find getting back difficult due to them not being UK nationals

According to reports the PFA in England are coming round to the idea of closed door games, even if it happens it won’t be anytime soon.

Just can’t see it happening that the league would finish behind closed doors. If it’s not safe for fans, it’s not safe for players.
Basically, its 40 players and coaches and tv crew and thats it. All will be screened before hand.
He said the consequence financially of the season being nil and void is huge. There seemingly is no where is the contract that means you cant play behind closed doors. Looks like racing in UK to start May 1st and Ireland April 19. Football to be shortly after that.

Can’t see it happening.
If there was a ‘crunch match’ between us and the bheasts or the bheasts v us and it was a title decider, you’d probably need the British Army to keep fans away from outside the stadium during the match and off the streets after the match!

so, a sizeable chunk of the country are either unemployed or furloughed, and we need to get football & horse racing back so we can get bet on it from our living room, with money we can no longer guarantee? Sounds a good plan.

:oops:

FBS

Basically, its 40 players and coaches and tv crew and thats it. All will be screened before hand.
He said the consequence financially of the season being nil and void is huge. There seemingly is no where is the contract that means you cant play behind closed doors. Looks like racing in UK to start May 1st and Ireland April 19. Football to be shortly after that.
A player would only need to bump into a neighbour or fan on the way to match and catch the virus. I might be wrong but imagine it wouldn’t show up on a test so quickly (might be wrong). Would imagine there would be games getting called off all over the place as players pick it up

Financial consequences would be huge??? really?

Has he heard the UK government is spending upwards of £600 billion to help people eat, stay housed and stay alive?
Sport, whether football, racing or golf, so not even remotely important at the moment.

Sounds like he's telling you what he wants to happen.

Case in point, the BHA (horse racing) have an action plan for behind closed door racing to resume in May at the earliest. So that part's BS anyway.

Dont now how true this is but my friend who owns bookies shops told me that the league will be finished behind closed doors games. Players to be screened before for the coronavirus and the games are being played all live on TV. Scotland and England.
He was on about the effect on his business and he said that horse racing and golf have to start back in 2 weeks behind closed doors as well. All betting will be on line or telephone as you would imagine.
He said an announcement will be made this Friday
As i said, just saying what i was told but the way his busineses have been effected for the last few weeks he seemed delighted he will be making cash again.

bull shit

The peak of the virus in the UK is in the next two weeks

The Govt will be forced to introduce more measures to limit people movement and limit people leaving their houses and essential work will only be allowed

Yet the bookies want sport back within 2 or 3 weeks

FS there are too many people dying all over the world and this virus is not going away anytime soon and no way is professional sport coming back for months

How many months no one knows

At this moment Sport is not high on people’s agenda

Staying safe and keeping families safe is the priority or it should be

Sounds made up
Nobody knows what’s going to happen with this virus.
Closed doors games, hmmm, terrible idea.
Fans will still congregate outside.
Liverpool’s will and I’m sure the poets as well.
How did this work out when we played Inter bcd?

NHS and Bookies. The true heroes of the UK. When things do start getting turned back on, I'm sure tax revenue will play a part in the Government's decisions, but surely this is a long way away yet.

Back