Season finish

Sounds like your mates manager it trying to convince him and himself that their jobs are safe . He is of course talking complete and utter shite .

Dont now how true this is but my friend who owns bookies shops told me that the league will be finished behind closed doors games. Players to be screened before for the coronavirus and the games are being played all live on TV. Scotland and England.
He was on about the effect on his business and he said that horse racing and golf have to start back in 2 weeks behind closed doors as well. All betting will be on line or telephone as you would imagine.
He said an announcement will be made this Friday
As i said, just saying what i was told but the way his busineses have been effected for the last few weeks he seemed delighted he will be making cash again.
Never trust a bookie robin barstewrds

Dont now how true this is but my friend who owns bookies shops told me that the league will be finished behind closed doors games. Players to be screened before for the coronavirus and the games are being played all live on TV. Scotland and England.
He was on about the effect on his business and he said that horse racing and golf have to start back in 2 weeks behind closed doors as well. All betting will be on line or telephone as you would imagine.
As i said, just saying what i was told but the way his busineses have been effected for the last few weeks he seemed delighted he will be making cash again.
what odds is your buddy giving on this news.

Tell your mate to bet against it

Restrictions are likely to get worse in two weeks and I think in the grand scheme of things, football is way down the pecking order. Season is over!

No disrespect to the OP or his bookie source, but I just can't this happening while there is a national emergency on. And its not goin away any time soon.

People are starting to get fines for being in groups, out and about, football players playing football should also get fined or arrested. A petty fine wont matter to certain players so they should have ankle tags put on them to stop them from going to play football with their team mates and against opposition. Every walk of life is going to suffer financially, eventually, not just football.
What is more important, money or health? And safety of family.

So teams are to be screened and if there's a few positive test results, is that not a huge spanner in the works?
More than that, it's fucking back to square one.

I say your mate is talking...

Why can't they just announce that as soon as it's safe to do so and restrictions lifted the current season will be played out until the league is technically won and relegation/promotion sorted. That will be followed by a 6 week pre season then the 20/21 season will take place even if it means only playing each other twice and only one cup competition taking place?

Make the 21/22 the target for everything reverting to normal.
We're still months away from a vaccine and people need to get their lives back to normal before thinking about spending money on sports.

The only thing that will be announced this Friday is further measures to keep people inside and off the streets, no out to play sport.

Why can't they just announce that as soon as it's safe to do so and restrictions lifted the current season will be played out until the league is technically won and relegation/promotion sorted. That will be followed by a 6 week pre season then the 20/21 season will take place even if it means only playing each other twice and only one cup competition taking place?

Make the 21/22 the target for everything reverting to normal.
We're still months away from a vaccine and people need to get their lives back to normal before thinking about spending money on sports.
To develop a vaccine, trial it (which has started I believe), manufacture & roll it out to billions will take us into next year.
I think that means that us oldies, will be restricted in our movements until then.

What team does he support?

This season is done with, no chance it’s getting finished unless they want to %^*& up next season too.

Basically, its 40 players and coaches and tv crew and thats it. All will be screened before hand.
He said the consequence financially of the season being nil and void is huge. There seemingly is no where is the contract that means you cant play behind closed doors. Looks like racing in UK to start May 1st and Ireland April 19. Football to be shortly after that.
You'd need to screen them repeatedly for a week or so. Quarantine them for that time, then get them match fit. Away from family. Then start games. Keeping players isolated from family and friends for as long as it took to complete the season.
Not to mention starting the whole process from scratch for all 500 players in the SPFL if one caught it somehow.
Did I mention cooks. Cleaners. Coaches and medics and doctors all also being quarentined and then isolated with the players.
They'd then need to get supplies. Food, drink, medicine.
And so on.
About as practical as a chocolate teapot.

The problems with this are

1 - the players/coaches etc will not be happy with this
2 - ar*eholes will still congregate outside grounds.

well, wont be shocked their is alot of money at stake for everyone

What a load of old tosh.
Tell your 'mate', he might want to watch the news now and again.

Has your mate heard of 'social distancing'?
Insurance companies would be 100% behind this happening......NOT.

Oh, and ask your mate if he's taking bets on what he has told you.
ask him if hes taking bets on the final death toll and who is favourite country? because thats how f....g sick even suggesting this is going to happen,honestly getting sickened by people posting total pish on here,as a few messages before yours mate, does this bookie watch the news?10,000 dead in italy,nearly the same in spain!how many are we going to loseand this bookie has a tip ffs,mind you nothing surprises me from the epl eufa or fifa wave a euro or a dollar and they sit up,money grabbing bastards1

Every league in europe voided except the english money grabbing bastard premiership who want to play games behind closed doors so they can get there money from sky.

It would tarnish them forever

Not gonna happen mate. All golf tournaments have been cancelled up to and including the start of June for starters ...

2 weeks time the death toll I'm the UK will be times what it is today, really shows how pathetic footballing authorities who run the game really are.

Your pal talks pish

I can’t see that happening. Lockdown can’t happen for some people and not for others. This situation isn’t going to clear up in two weeks
In their dreams i imagine. Do they realize the amount of people involved. Players will say for a starter never mind the government.

If 22 people were having a kick about in the park just now they would get lifted so what's the chances of 22 players being allowed to play behind closed doors absolute bullshit

Basically, its 40 players and coaches and tv crew and thats it. All will be screened before hand.
He said the consequence financially of the season being nil and void is huge. There seemingly is no where is the contract that means you cant play behind closed doors. Looks like racing in UK to start May 1st and Ireland April 19. Football to be shortly after that.
There's no way because there's been no training. There would be injuries all over the camp.

What nonsense, do you actually believe this?

There are far bigger business than this being affected, think they turn around and say we’re losing money, f.uck the health scare...

Jesus, your “mate” is obviously a mentally challenged

Screening only gived the result for that time. They could walk out the screening place and get infected.

Every league in europe voided except the english money grabbing bastard premiership who want to play games behind closed doors so they can get there money from sky.

It would tarnish them forever

It wouldn't tarnish them and if it did they wouldn't care as viewing figures records would be absolutely smashed to smitherenes.

Back