Season ticket and new membership scheme

Think they have this one wrong how can they sell tickets when we have no idea if we will even be playing football this year. What happens if we football doesn't resume until the 21/22 season would we be expected to lose a full years money?

If its true, then I'll be renewing and worry about anything else later. Our club needs money, and now.
Which is great if you're in a position to do so.

Many people with families have lost jobs the club shouldn't be assuming they can do this and expect a full take up of tickets.

Completely the wrong time to introduce additional costs never mind looking for season ticket money.

Very strange from the club tbh. They’ll need to come out with a pretty honest statement of what position we are in if they are asking for this amount of money from fans at this current time.

Wonder what kind of deadline they will put on renewals too, a lot of fans simply will not be in a position to renew at the moment, or within the very uncertain near future.

I'm happy to renew and for the club to keep any season book money already paid , but a gesture to hard up fans would go down well.

Every fan that renews gets a match in hospitality!

Which is great if you're in a position to do so.

Many people with families have lost jobs the club shouldn't be assuming they can do this and expect a full take up of tickets.

Completely the wrong time to introduce additional costs never mind looking for season ticket money.

I fully appreciate that, mate.

If this is genuine, and we all know the guy has been spot on in the past, there can be no deadline.

We have no idea when we'll get to see football again, so many are out of work, many more living on 80% wages.

I'll be disgusted of there is any kind of pressure put on fans at this time.

If this is genuine, and we all know the guy has been spot on in the past, there can be no deadline.

We have no idea when we'll get to see football again, so many are out of work, many more living on 80% wages.

I'll be disgusted of there is any kind of pressure put on fans at this time.

I agree but if we make the assumption that the ‘rush’ if you like is to get some money in the bank, surely not putting a deadline on it will have a huge impact on the uptake?

Club are taking the piss here.

Making supporters fork out for season tickets and a membership scheme in a time of uncertainty is wrong.

They aren't making anyone do anything.

Lot of hysteria here. The deadline for renewals might be 20th July for all we know.

Gives the club some income at the moment.

Hopefully common sense prevails and the Club offer, for example, free entry next season to matches that hitherto were not included in the season ticket (be that friendlies, Euro qualifiers or whatever). That could be done by activating cards for specific games nearer the time (note: we don't know yet if the knobheads at the SPFL will continue this charade of playing out this season so we don't know yet if there actually WILL be any shortfall on this seasons tickets). We also don't know when next season will start or how many games it may involve FFS. Those latter points being amongst the many reasons why the SPFL need to make the call on this season sooner rather than later.

I understand the Club doing this, though there are many questions, as right now we need every penny we can get.

Last edited:
4lads tweeted it out last week mate :p

Good stuff mate.

I just mean in general that mark confusion generally gets absolutely cast iron info, as do you guys. Certainly two of the most reliable sources out there!

The club need money but cant really say when season will start or how many games will be on it.
An option could be you renew but just pay 20-25% just now until the situation is clarified

I have a season ticket in the Copland front but looking for a move to the govan front, don’t know if this will be possible.

As much as the club need the money, I don’t want to part with £450 or thereabouts when there’s the still the possibility the SPFL will try award Celtic the title. If Rangers don’t ensure this season is rendered null and void, then I am finished with my season ticket and will be going to watch the juniors.

As much as the club need the money, I don’t want to part with £450 or thereabouts when there’s the still the possibility the SPFL will try award Celtic the title. If Rangers don’t ensure this season is rendered null and void, then I am finished with my season ticket and will be going to watch the juniors.
Of course if that’s what you want to do go ahead. None of us have a crystal ball I’m afraid.

Why are a few going on about selling tickets before the end of this season? They always go on sale at this time of year and we buy them before the season is done! Are we just to hold off the plans for next season cause this one is fucked?

Clearly no one could have forsaw Covid 19 coming but to sell something for next season the Club must make clear

What are we paying for? 19 matches or however many end up getting played

What happens if restructuring occurs and less than 19 homes occur, will a pro-rata rebate be given

Clearly a lot of fans want clarity over the Clubs intentions should the league be awarded. Will there be a no quibble refund prior to next season’s start for anyone unhappy?

Why are a few going on about selling tickets before the end of this season? They always go on sale at this time of year and we buy them before the season is done! Are we just to hold off the plans for next season cause this one is fucked?

No one knows when next season will start or how many games will be played. Think people are looking for some clear clarity from the Club especially in light of the fact people have paid for 5 matches that they are unlikely to be able to attend should they even take place

No one knows when next season will start or how many games will be played. Think people are looking for some clear clarity from the Club especially in light of the fact people have paid for 5 matches that they are unlikely to be able to attend should they even take place
The club are unable to provide such answers. We still need to plan for next season in whatever form that takes. We will also need revenue to continue, season tickets normally get renewed now, so that should carry on, or probably needs to carry on.

There is no guarantee when next season will start if at all or how many games will be played.

50,000 crowds could quite possibly be a long way off.

The fall out from the Covid crisis depending how long it lasts could see the end of the season ticket culture.

Of course if that’s what you want to do go ahead. None of us have a crystal ball I’m afraid.
I know, I appreciate the club are in a difficult position here - but if we were to roll over if that mob were gifted the title, I'd be too scunnered to go back.

What are the plans for next season?

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of fans are not reluctant for medical risk reasons rather than solely financial considerations.

Unbelievable that we were sitting in a 50000 crowd at Ibrox against Bayer Leverkusen a couple of weeks ago!

I will renew my season ticket and already sign up for cup and Euro games. I don't need away tickets nor do I need discounts from clothing stores et al. If the membership scheme is mandatory for a season ticket I would not be happy. I already spend a very large portion of my disposable income on home games and don't want to feel fleeced by a membership scheme.

I'm self employed and %^*& knows when I'm getting my next wage. I doubt I'll be renewing next season unless I can pay from June onwards

I know I'm lucky but I can afford to write off any 'lost games' this season and to renew for next and would like to do so. Can also lend my son and his wife the money for theirs if they can't get the money together in time. But I agree I'll think twice about it if we just roll over and let them gift the scum the title.

I’m not privy to them, but there will be plans for next season.
I was thinking more of when next season would be starting.
I would agree with you when you said season tickets are normally on sale at this time but that's normally for a July/August start.
There's not a hope in hell that will happen this time

Is that absolutely 100% confirmed? I'm of the understanding that buying a season ticket is entering into a consumer agreement with the club.

Until I know how this season is to be finalised, whether I'll be offered a refund/given the option to allow the club to keep the monies, when next season is to start & how it will look, I'll be holding off my renewal
Is this the difference in being a supporter rather than being a fan??

I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to wait and see how the club deal with the “null and void” debate for this season first before I hand over £500 odd quid for next season.
The null and void decision is not in our hands and the Club have already made their views clear on what should happen.It seems strange that you will make a decision about buying a season ticket based on what the SPFL decide.

I usually take the four monthly payment option,and will do again.but it might be a nice gesture for guys struggling to make it six or even eight payments.could be the difference between renewing or not for some
There literally is an option to do it over 10

Back