Season ticket and new membership scheme

I will buy my ticket as soon as possible and join any membership scheme to ensure the club gets much needed dough. The one proviso I would ask is I don’t get any special treatment re tickets etc for being an early bird. I am lucky but there are plenty who just can’t do it at this time through no fault of their own.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of fans are not reluctant for medical risk reasons rather than solely financial considerations.

Unbelievable that we were sitting in a 50000 crowd at Ibrox against Bayer Leverkusen a couple of weeks ago!
Yip it was unbelievable , game should never have been played

The club are ripping the piss.

Not a single comment regarding the 5 home games we missed out on.. in any other line if business we'd be getting a full refund.

Now we're getting hit with renewals and a new memberships scheme.

They have acted the cu.nt in the last 2 weeks in my opinion.

Not a single comment regarding the 5 home games we missed out on.. in any other line if business we'd be getting a full refund.

If there is still a possibility however small the season can be fully complete why would the club refund season ticket holders?

I'll ask again as no one has ever given me a proper answer, how do the Directors raise enough money to stop us going into Admin if they don't sell ST's?

This season has not officially finished yet though, so the club can't do anything about these fixtures.

The club can keep my money from the last games which were cancelled. This is not the clubs fault. The season ticket was paid for a long time ago. The money is better with the club. I understand supporters struggling and want money to help at a bad time but nothing will happen and certainly not until the SFA grow a set and null and void the league.

If this happens and the club come looking for money for another season in the middle of this crisis then I am done with football. I will walk away as its an f'ing disgrace. I am not looking for compensation for a written off season, but to come looking for more money right now is disgusting and I cannot actually believe they will sink so low when some folk have no work and cant pay their rent through no fault of their own.

Many many people, including myself are up shit creek financially. Me and my missus both work for ourselves and have had to furlough people and see our sales collapse. Absolutely heartbreaking for the people furloughed after years of good service with bugger all, and to see business we have built up just collapse. And meanwhile football continues in its stupid bubble, paying daft bits of kids tens of thousands a week to piss about in Lambos and give nothing back to the communities and behave like wee jumped up pricks.

Honestly if the club do this, at this time and come with their hands out for more, I am done after a lifetime of supporting them. Morally bankrupt if they do this.
Understand completely what you are saying and feel for you. However Rangers are a business as well and the directors have a lot of tough decisions to make. Money has to come from somewhere or the club will be in big trouble. I think we all need to wait until next week and see what the club is saying regarding renewals/payments. Difficult times ahead for us all sadly.

The club can keep my money from the last games which were cancelled. This is not the clubs fault. The season ticket was paid for a long time ago. The money is better with the club. I understand supporters struggling and want money to help at a bad time but nothing will happen and certainly not until the SFA grow a set and null and void the league.
I think the vast majority of ST holders will hold this view

If there is still a possibility however small the season can be fully complete why would the club refund season ticket holders?

So they can't refund our tickets due to the uncertainty of next season but they can crack on sending out renewals for next season?

I'll ask again as no one has ever given me a proper answer, how do the Directors raise enough money to stop us going into Admin if they don't sell ST's?

Start by cutting players and managers wages.

I'm sick of the average fan getting shafted while our over paid, underperforming players and management sit on their arse earning thousands a week.

A large percentage of Rangers fans will be struggling financially just now and will have other priorities above paying for a ST.

So they can't refund our tickets due to the uncertainty of next season but they can crack on sending out renewals for next season?
Yes because this season isn't over yet ? The games can still be played and next seasons games will be played as well?

Yes because this season isn't over yet ? The games can still be played and next seasons games will be played as well?

Mate theres no chance both this season will be completed and next season will have the usual full set of fixtures.

Somethings got to give but the club are carrying on like its business as usual.

If the club are concerned financially have a look at the players and management teams wages before coming to the fans.

I don't care if other clubs are doing it, nows not the time to be coming to fans looking for ££££.

A temporary financial contribution by all staff at our club would go a long way to shifting ST’s in the coming months. Also a ten month payment option would alleviate considerable pressure on many of our fellow supporters.

Would be claiming a refund from the spfl for the missed games of this season be an options if they award the beasts the title ?

The club can’t do anything regrading the remaining home fixtures of this season until the SPFL/SFA or whoever, grows a set and decides what’s happening with the league this season, a decision on that could still easily be a month away.

I don’t care about the remainder of home games this season, the club can keep my cash.
However due to me losing my job and currently having no income then I won’t be renewing until I have a bit more certainty over work.
I don’t say that lightly either, I’ve had my ST for 23 years now give or take. I just hope I can get that before any renewal deadline.

Been made redundant due to missing out on the furlough status by one day because I changed jobs. No chance I can afford to pay for a season ticket right now.

I know Aberdeen have a club led membership scheme. Any other clubs in Scotland have one?

Don’t know I understand club opening renewals as it is the same as every season yes I know this is different I don’t think there will be a rise in prices from last year I also think they will give fans more time to pay I do however think they should hold off on membership schemes

Heard between £40 & £50

Had a wee look at Aberdeen's scheme which they say has 6000 members and brings in £1 million a year.

A Premium membership and an International membership costs £216 per year.
A Standard membership costs £144 per year.
A Youth membership costs £96 per year.
A Junior membership is free.

Each category has its' own particular benefits.

Surprised they have 6000 signed up to be honest. Not sure how those sort of fees would be received by our support.

Before asking for season ticket money the club really need to let fans what their plans are.

Club should be negotiating with players to reduce their salaries until we get back to normal. It's beyond the pale expecting fans to hand over cash, which will go directly into players bank accounts without actually knowing when we might see a game of football again.

I said to my mates this morning that I would probably renew because so much of my social life revolves around the football. But, unless I get some reassurance from the club that they are taking serious steps to reduce costs, I might reconsider.

They are in danger of alienating many supporters if they don't act.

Before asking for season ticket money the club really need to let fans what their plans are.

Club should be negotiating with players to reduce their salaries until we get back to normal. It's beyond the pale expecting fans to hand over cash, which will go directly into players bank accounts without actually knowing when we might see a game of football again.

I said to my mates this morning that I would probably renew because so much of my social life revolves around the football. But, unless I get some reassurance from the club that they are taking serious steps to reduce costs, I might reconsider.

They are in danger of alienating many supporters if they don't act.

We don't know that they aren't. Its also entirely down to the players whether they accept or not. I'm hopeful that we will do as Hibs have done and release a statement saying we've furloughed some non-playing staff - but will top them up to 100% - and, at the same time, the players have agreed a salary cut (more realistically I suspect it will only be a salary deferral) for 3 months or more. It is only a hope though, nothing more.

We don't know that they aren't. Its also entirely down to the players whether they accept or not. I'm hopeful that we will do as Hibs have done and release a statement saying we've furloughed some non-playing staff - but will top them up to 100% - and, at the same time, the players have agreed a salary cut (more realistically I suspect it will only be a salary deferral) for 3 months or more. It is only a hope though, nothing more.
I think they probably are. If the players won't negotiate we should be looking to do something about it. Not sure what that would be, but the players are hardly in a strong position. At the back end of this football clubs across Europe are going to be skint, many may go out of business. There could well be a surplus of professional football players.

Heart & Hand
@ibroxrocks
Contrary to stories earlier this week, Season ticket renewal/membership scheme not launching Monday. Club hasn’t firmed up the final date internally

Heard between £40 & £50
I'll be passing on that I think.
Bee in the CCS for years, mainly for Hampden, but I don't need to be paying £50 just for the chance of a ticket for that dump. I get away fans might see something in this but for me, it's not gonna do much and I'm already a wee bit more expensive than I'd like to be paying in the club deck. I suppose the club can get 10-15k(or more) paying this, then it all adds up.

Back