Season Ticket Cancelled?

I don’t think the club are entirely blameless here as staunch as a I am! They still need to be held accountable, at the very least give us an official update to what’s going on, it’s not asking too much I don’t think.

Exactly when the "WARNING" not to proceed appeared on the renewal website is crucial here,I renewed on 3rd of May and there was absolutely no "WARNING" at that point.In my opinion the TO are liable for for any ST,s renewed up until the "WARNING" was put in place,They should therefore issue ST,s to those affected by this then it's their responsibility to pursue the cash
I agree with you 100%, I also renewed my ticket and my son's ticket on the 3rd of May. There was no warning on either of the renewals at that point.
I also think you are correct when you say the club should renew the season tickets and that they should pursue the merchant to retrieve all monies due to them.

Basically, IMO, this is what has happened:

- Transactions are cancelled and Rangers instruct merchant supplier to issue refunds.
- Rangers Ticket Office inundated with emails due to lockdown. A load of these emails are from people asking when their refunds will arrive.
- Ticket Office decide on a policy to not respond to any of the refund emails, because they are under the impression that the refund process is under way and the money will arrive in accounts within a few days, fixing the problem.
- After about a week, it THEN transpires the merchant payment supplier has actually NOT commenced the refund process after all.

By now, the policy to ignore all emails about refunds becomes a problem because the merchant supplier has f*cked up.

What I'm saying is - Yes this is the fault of the merchant supplier, but RFC simply ignoring the emails chasing refunds is not helping at all.

It costs very little to put out a pro-forma response or even a notice on the website. I've essentially paid twice for our season tickets and would like it sorted. I'm lucky enough that I can afford the hit in cashflow but it's still pretty shocking.

I don’t think the club are entirely blameless here as staunch as a I am! They still need to be held accountable, at the very least give us an official update to what’s going on, it’s not asking too much I don’t think.
I agree 100%. I appreciate that Greg Marshall comes on here and gives updates. But something official would be more beneficial, don't understand why there is such secrecy in what's going

Exactly when the "WARNING" not to proceed appeared on the renewal website is crucial here,I renewed on 3rd of May and there was absolutely no "WARNING" at that point.In my opinion the TO are liable for for any ST,s renewed up until the "WARNING" was put in place,They should therefore issue ST,s to those affected by this then it's their responsibility to pursue the cash

Not sure that’s correct. If I went on the amazon website and paid for something and they said “you shouldn’t have done that” I’d be a bit pissed off with them and expect amazon to sort it. The option to pay incorrectly on our site shouldn’t have been there.

Fair play to Greg for answering here best he can but it’s really poor we have never been officially told we are even getting refunds. Never mind when to expect them. All I’ve been told is I did it wrong and to pay again.

Really glad it's not just me who's waiting. There definitely wasn't any warning when I paid, either.

Simply don't have the cash flow to renew until this is sorted as well. I wish they'd just give us an update. If this was Amazon or any other company behaving like this, I'd be fuming.

Renewed on the 1st of May,cancellation email arrived on the 4th of May,no apparent reason given for the cancellation within the email.

Second paragraph it states this, 'If you have selected credit or debit card payment, we will have debited the amount due from the card supplied.

I paid in full by C.C, I didn't contact them about it nor have I received anything further,other than the cancellation email.

They say 'We will have debited the amount due from the card supplied'

It's a shambles and anyone claiming the supporters are in some way culpable need their head read.

Thank you mate. I would've just bought from my basket on the website.
That's what I done when I seen it in my basket on the 1st may. Went ahead bought it fine and then it was cancelled on the monday still sitting the now waiting for the money to come back to renew via the link in the email

I'm about to renew mine just now. Was going to pay in a oner.

Is this wrong to do it this way? Ie will it get cancelled?
I didn't get all my renewal emails but I paid mine by bank transfer yesterday afternoon as enough details were in the emails I did received. Transferred to the Rangers bank account listed with rangers number and seat details as stated as the reference. I did 5 tickets as 5 separate trsnsfers and just got email confirmations of all 5 successful purchases. If you have the cash in the bank id say yes is the way to go.

I didn't get all my renewal emails but I paid mine by bank transfer yesterday afternoon as enough details were in the emails I did received. Transferred to the Rangers bank account listed with rangers number and seat details as stated as the reference. I did 5 tickets as 5 separate trsnsfers and just got email confirmations of all 5 successful purchases. If you have the cash in the bank id say yes is the way to go.
I cant afford to repay till I'm refunded but thinking doing bank transfer as dont really like look of this stripe payment link and would trust money to get to club quicker that way.

Renewed on the 1st of May,cancellation email arrived on the 4th of May,no apparent reason given for the cancellation within the email.

Second paragraph it states this, 'If you have selected credit or debit card payment, we will have debited the amount due from the card supplied.

I paid in full by C.C, I didn't contact them about it nor have I received anything further,other than the cancellation email.

They say 'We will have debited the amount due from the card supplied'

It's a shambles and anyone claiming the supporters are in some way culpable need their head read.
Couldn't agree more with your last sentence mate

I just received the email too. Glad the club saw sense to get something sent out. Saves folk getting unnecessarily stressed out with the lack of clarity on the situation.

Yes I also got the email, that's what we wanted, some clarification. Now waiting for refund to drop into my account and then I can get renewal sorted out.
Just got an official email from Rangers saying the refunds are happening and offering apologies. Just wish they had put something like this out sooner. Still no refund as of yet though but at least it's official communication with whats happening

Query;

So, I paid following the correct link ;-)

Does the price include MyGers membership?

When I try and go to buy one, it says I cannot, as my Rangers numbers is already associated with an account? :-/

Just got an official email from Rangers saying the refunds are happening and offering apologies. Just wish they had put something like this out sooner. Still no refund as of yet though but at least it's official communication with whats happening
Same as you mate got the email saying 3-5 days,nothing in yet.

They've obviously been looking in here and seen this thread snowballing and reacted,mind you it may be the first time they were actually on the T.O. to do so.

It's it my latest email so I'll go with it. But as I'm lead to believe you can pay in full by bank transfer.
You can, as I said I did it yesterday and got a confirmation email in under 24 hours for all 5 tickets.

Info is below where in the reference bit 500****** is your rangers number, G** is your section (ie GR3 - goven rear 3) and C**** is your seat number '

Bank Transfer – Payment in full – Please quote reference ‘500********* G**C***'
Payment must be made on or before Tuesday 30 June

For UK payments please use the following account details:

Barclays Bank PL Leicestershire United Kingdom LE87 2BB
Account Name: RFC Ticket Direct
Sort Code: 20-33-70
Account Number: 33512916

Last edited:
You can, as I said I did it yesterday and got a confirmation email in under 24 hours for all 5 tickets.

Info is below where in the reference bit 500****** is your rangers number, G** is your section (ie GR3 - goven rear 3) and C**** is your seat number '

Bank Transfer – Payment in full – Please quote reference ‘500********* G**C***'
Payment must be made on or before Tuesday 30 June

For UK payments please use the following account details:

Barclays Bank PL Leicestershire United Kingdom LE87 2BB
Account Name: RFC Ticket Direct
Sort Code: 20-33-70
Account Number: 33512916
Did you have to use the e-Mail renewal link as well mate along with your Rangers no and seat details or only the bank details thanks in advance

Did you have to use the e-Mail renewal link as well mate along with your Rangers no and seat details or only the bank details thanks in advance
Not sure I follow you? They are 2 different methods of payment.

You either pay with card via the link, or you pay bank transfer with the Rangers number and seat detail reference.

Not sure I follow you? They are 2 different methods of payment.

You either pay with card via the link, or you pay bank transfer with the Rangers number and seat detail reference.
I don't have the link never received it mailed the ticket office twice about it no response as yet just looking to getting it paid noticed a lot of bears getting money taken then their seat cancelled and awaiting refunds just looking for advice on the best option for me.

I just logged into my own Internet banking. Picked to make a new payment and put in the rangers sort code and account number, im sure the account name then automatically came up. I put in the amount and the reference details as I mentioned which were shown on my email. I didn't click any links at all from the email. A couple of my tickets didn't get emails so I just put in their rangers number, section and seat number and it worked fine

Back