Season Ticket Money 2020 / 2021

Robert Marshall

Looking at the various threads regarding ST for next season and the financial shortfall the Club will undoubtedly face.
The European run will have helped in a big way but we as a Club have large overheads and I think we, as fans will be the usual suspects that will need to dig deep.
I think it would be a massive help if we could pay the Club Direct rather than, for instance, Credit Card.
Before anyone has a go at me, we as a family know how much a hardship it is at the moment, and that everyone has a family to look after first and foremost.
All I'm saying that those in our fanbase, if possible, should try and pay upfront.
If that is not possible, then it is not possible. I agree the players should have offered a 20% pay cut, but that is another debate, players come and go but we are forever.
Not wanting an argument about this, it is just my opinion.

Admirable but as witnessed from the problems with getting a credit facility previously, I think it’s a non-starter.

I think the club also have to be careful with how they pitch any pricing and that strategy has to be based around what they decided to do in terms of any refunds.

Admirable but as witnessed from the problems with getting a credit facility previously, I think it’s a non-starter.

I think the club also have to be careful with how they pitch any pricing and that strategy has to be based around what they decided to do in terms of any refunds.
I'm not asking for Credit facilities, I am asking ST who are in a position to pay cash upfront to do so.
I have never even given it a thought to ask for a refund, my attitude is that it is paid for and as such, I am not losing anything

A tad worried with the timing, especially if there is going to be an increase (another argument for another day with if this is justified). My other half has been laid off in the short term and it'll be a bit of a crunch over the next month or two and I imagine tens of thousands at least will be in the same boat.

I did pay mine over 4 installments direct to the club last year I'm sure. June / July / August / September I think it was? Things should calm down enough to repeat the same this year hopefully.

A tad worried with the timing, especially if there is going to be an increase (another argument for another day with if this is justified). My other half has been laid off in the short term and it'll be a bit of a crunch over the next month or two and I imagine tens of thousands at least will be in the same boat.
Here is your pal

Looking at the various threads regarding ST for next season and the financial shortfall the Club will undoubtedly face.
The European run will have helped in a big way but we as a Club have large overheads and I think we, as fans will be the usual suspects that will need to dig deep.
I think it would be a massive help if we could pay the Club Direct rather than, for instance, Credit Card.
Before anyone has a go at me, we as a family know how much a hardship it is at the moment, and that everyone has a family to look after first and foremost.
All I'm saying that those in our fanbase, if possible, should try and pay upfront.
If that is not possible, then it is not possible. I agree the players should have offered a 20% pay cut, but that is another debate, players come and go but we are forever.
I’ll be taking the 4 payment option through the club.

I can’t pay upfront,unless my holiday is refunded lol

At the moment, I think the vast majority of our support are more interested on the next mortgage payment and where that's coming from. I'm off work now until the week beginning 28th April and will address our season tickets when the time comes, but paying up front, is looking very unlikely now.

I'm not asking for Credit facilities, I am asking ST who are in a position to pay cash upfront to do so.
I have never even given it a thought to ask for a refund, my attitude is that it is paid for and as such, I am not losing anything

Im aware of that, I’m saying that the fact that credit facilities(or lack of) were such a huge issue to a large section of the support previously, would probably suggest that there are not a huge amount in the position to front load , rendering it a non-starter.

Im aware of that, I’m saying that the fact that credit facilities(or lack of) were such a huge issue to a large section of the support previously, would probably suggest that there are not a huge amount in the position to front load , rendering it a non-starter.
It would be interesting to know the % that paid up front

This season has been my 1st with a ST which I paid for via my credit card. I did not appreciate that payments to the Club are then staggered however, going forward I can & will be paying by debit card to ensure the Club has my money quicker.
One does appreciate the many differing financial positions & pressures that will be experienced by fellow Bears over the unique period we are living through.

At the moment, I think the vast majority of our support are more interested on the next mortgage payment and where that's coming from. I'm off work now until the week beginning 28th April and will address our season tickets when the time comes, but paying up front, is looking very unlikely now.
It is going to be a difficult time for everyone

The difficulty is those who probably were in a position to pay may no longer be able to do so.

Agree that if they could then they should consider doing it but I'd imagine more will do the four payments now.

This season has been my 1st with a ST which I paid for via my credit card. I did not appreciate that payments to the Club are then staggered however ,going forward I can & will be paying by debit card to ensure the Club has my money quicker.
One does appreciate the many differing financial positions & pressures that will be experienced by fellow Bears over the unique period we are living through.
That was my point that everyone thought the Club was getting the money up front. People forget about the 20% VAT

It would show great solidarity if tavernier got the players together and said ok 20% pay cut for 3 months , that’s easily affordable to the players .

In tandem we the fans step up and buy our season tickets early so that the club have it up front . Let’s hope something can be ironed out .

Rangers would approach us if this was the case

the full payment if affordable

4 month and 10 month options hopefully still be there

Although the club will be going through a difficult time financially they’ll be aware 99.9% of the fans are working class and will be facing the same hardships I hope they remember this when it comes to renewal time in the ways that we can pay i also hope the players give up between 10-20% of their wages during this hard time

Do you mean pay the full amount upfront rather than in instalments (eg by taking credit)? Or to avoid the use of cards and make a bank transfer?

I would pay the full amount upfront but normally using a credit card.

Maybe the club could come up with a unique solution

offer shared season tickets.

team up with a pal and you both get a ticket and it’s alternative home games you get or some sort of split process.

£250 is a lot easier to afford for many than the full amount.

we need to be creative to help folk out.

whilst I have job security and will buy. I’ll also be thinking that some of my friends and family will struggle and £400 could feed one of their families for a month.

a lot of moving parts to this.

i Will say something. It’s times like this that we appreciate what’s been taken away. Albeit temporarily. Even if we get beat by Hamilton.

Sadly luxuries like going to the football will have to be cut back by a lot of people, in the current situation essentials (food on table, mortgage etc) will have to be dealt with first and hopefully that leaves enough to pay for luxuries.

It is going to be a difficult time for everyone

And more so for some of our support. If this virus takes hold, season ticket renewals will be the the furthest thing on our minds. As I said, I'm off until the 28th of April, the company I work for is acting responsibly to contain this bloody thing, but that is at a cost to us the employees and if we are laid off for a longer period, unfortunately tough financial decisions will have to be made.

Yes it's going to be difficult.

I would imagine the board are assessing the situation and will let us know if the Club needs financial assistance.

They'll know that money will be tight for a lot of people in the short term, so the Board will probably look at reducing players wages and/or put in additional money themselves before launching season ticket sales now.

And more so for some of our support. If this virus takes hold, season ticket renewals will be the the furthest thing on our minds. As I said, I'm off until the 28th of April, the company I work for is acting responsibly to contain this bloody thing, but that is at a cost to us the employees and if we are laid off for a longer period, unfortunately tough financial decisions will have to be made.

Yes it's going to be difficult.
At least the Government is guaranteeing you 80% of your wages

I am fortunate enough to be in a position to pay up front and will do so as soon as the season tickets come out. It would be good if the first team players offered to take a cut maybe until the football started again. A 20% like I think Bayern players did would be good

Do you mean pay the full amount upfront rather than in instalments (eg by taking credit)? Or to avoid the use of cards and make a bank transfer?

I would pay the full amount upfront but normally using a credit card.
I mean pay upfront using Debit Card or cash

I’d pay cash upfront tommorow and so would my laddie.
But the players have to take a pay cut.
Pretty much same for myself. I’m on 4 months auto renewal as it stands changed it a few years back to save me from doing it but would happily pay upfront. Then again I’m a single man in his twenties with no children suppose it’s different for everyone

At least the Government is guaranteeing you 80% of your wages

Bloody hell mate, what a thing to say. Your thread was about being in a position to buy season tickets outright and when I put forward a reasonable explanation as to why this may not be possible, you come back with the above.

Still at least I'm getting paid.......

What's the problem with credit card? I intend to renew as soon as they ask but I didn't realise there's a difference regarding how it's done.

How can the club sell a season ticket, ticket for what?

When does it start?

How many games?

What teams are we going to be playing?

A minefield!

This.

We won’t know for a long time what next season will look like, how many games we play, when it starts and if supporters can attend.

The club are used to getting the ST money injection in May/June every year. It won’t be there this year and the club and the support need to think about how we get through this process

i'm classed as self employed and dont know if i'll be working much in the short term , only just paid my membership with leeds £50 that enableds me to buy match tickets , i would do this with Rangers but would have to think a bit about a whole Season Ticket

Pretty much same for myself. I’m on 4 months auto renewal as it stands changed it a few years back to save me from doing it but would happily pay upfront. Then again I’m a single man in his twenties with no children suppose it’s different for everyone
that you know of :p

It's an awkward one. At this moment in time I'm in a position to pay cash upfront. In 2 months time I'm expecting my financial position to deteriorate quite a lot so I'm needing to look further ahead.

This.

We won’t know for a long time what next season will look like, how many games we play, when it starts and if supporters can attend.

The club are used to getting the ST money injection in May/June every year. It won’t be there this year and the club and the support need to think about how we get through this process

Far too logical a response for some I feel, but it'll sink in eventually.

With zero idea of when this season will even be finished I don’t think the club is even going to possibly be able to think about season tickets for next season anytime soon.

I think Tav should get a few old heads together, McGregor, Davis esp, and come up with a way to shorten our overheads. With the fans seeing this I'd bet more than most would be willing to dig deeper in these hard times

Bloody hell mate, what a thing to say. Your thread was about being in a position to buy season tickets outright and when I put forward a reasonable explanation as to why this may not be possible, you come back with the above.

Still at least I'm getting paid.......
My point is that your ST can be seen a luxury, The Government is making sure you or your family don't starve

This is going to be a difficult decision for many especially as household income will be put under immense pressure in the coming months,
I can honestly see a reduction in season ticket numbers in the upcoming season whenever it starts.
My own position is at the moment, I have seen the value of my pension fund go down and will need to monitor and prioritise where my money goes in the short to medium term until I see where the full affects of this coronavirus is know both health wise and financially.
That said I was due to go on holiday on 17th April and hope the government extends the current 30 days travel advice which ends on 16th April, this will give me a full refund which would go towards season tickets.

Last edited:
I’ll pay cash upfront as soon as they ask for it, I’m in a fortunate position currently but people must put their family first. For the first time I can remember I don’t really care about football. But the club is my family and I’ll do what I am able.

Back