Season Ticket Money 2020 / 2021

I’ll be renewing but unsure if paying in full or doing the 4 debit card payments through the club direct. Need too see at the time as renewals won’t be here for a while yet.

Another day another lets see who the staunchest is thread. Could you not have added to one of the pay your ST money early threads we've been having every day since last week?

And for what its worth, theres other priorities to worry about at the moment than a millionaire getting his over infalted wages on time.

Considering we're missing some games this year I think the idea of some free games next year is a good one. Also freezing the prices will help, most clubs are in similar positions and I'm sure it won't have a major impact if we can offload the fringe players to free up more money. Plus if this investment comes in we'll still be in a good place.

Everyone's situation will be different. I usually pay over 4 payments but due to the corona lockdown my February wage is untouched apart from rent and food. Looking like the March wage will be the same so when the renewal forms come out I could be in a position to pay in a 1er if I wanted.

We will just have to see how it pans out and what the club are planning with renewals etc. Probably have to wait til this season is officially canned for a start.

Don’t think I am going to able to afford next season with all of this going on and with a mates stag doo and wedding in July - if it happens.

Could well be just be trying to sell my season ticket in bar72 for one season only and keeping it under my name and supporters club though.

This is going to be a difficult decision for many especially as household income will be put under immense pressure in the coming months,
I can honestly see a reduction in season ticket numbers in the upcoming season whenever it starts.
My own position is at the moment, I have seen the value of my pension fund go down and will need to monitor and prioritise where my money goes in the short to medium term until I see where the full affects of this coronavirus is know both health wise and financially.
That said I was due to go on holiday on 17th April and hope the government extends the current 30 days travel advice which ends on 16th April, this will give me a full refund which would go towards season tickets.

Don’t think I am going to able to afford next season with all of this going on and with a mates stag doo and wedding in July - if it happens.

Could well be just be trying to sell my season ticket in bar72 for one season only and keeping it under my name and supporters club though.
I think there will be a few who don't take up there Bar 72 Seats

Some folk are over thinking it.

If you can afford to pay a season ticket early and Rangers ask - do so as it will help Rangers.

If you can't pay you can still get a opportunity to purchase your usual seat at the usual time.

It is a lot of money I just about managed it somehow last year but it was a killer tbh.

Worth every penny though.

If any friends or family don’t want it I’ll be putting it on here I am sure I won’t struggle, the lad next to me has 3 seats so he might even want it for a season.

It wouldI
Looking at the various threads regarding ST for next season and the financial shortfall the Club will undoubtedly face.
The European run will have helped in a big way but we as a Club have large overheads and I think we, as fans will be the usual suspects that will need to dig deep.
I think it would be a massive help if we could pay the Club Direct rather than, for instance, Credit Card.
Before anyone has a go at me, we as a family know how much a hardship it is at the moment, and that everyone has a family to look after first and foremost.
All I'm saying that those in our fanbase, if possible, should try and pay upfront.
If that is not possible, then it is not possible. I agree the players should have offered a 20% pay cut, but that is another debate, players come and go but we are forever.
Not wanting an argument about this, it is just my opinion.

Going to be hard for the club if they use next season money to pay the bills now.
wages needs addressing ASAP dispointed nothing Said from the club about it fans losing jobs can’t pay bills we get nothing like those big earners.

I think there will be loads who don't renew for lots of areas. I'v always chose the 4 month option. Like loads of others iv so much shit in my life that I'm not even thinking about the fitba. I love the club and if I had spare cash they can have it. That said I'm watching Barcelona multi millionaires refusing a pay cut and I'm thinking I must be phuckin daft.

Another day another lets see who the staunchest is thread. Could you not have added to one of the pay your ST money early threads we've been having every day since last week?

And for what its worth, theres other priorities to worry about at the moment than a millionaire getting his over infalted wages on time.
I think if you read the op, it was answered in the first line.
No idea where you are getting the Staunchness from

I think if you read the op, it was answered in the first line.
No idea where you are getting the Staunchness from
The same thread pops up nearly every day. Can we not get this season done first? What exactly do you plan on paying for anyway? We have no idea how next season will even look.

Also, on a different note, people are already stressing about where the next wage comes from and how they plan to keep their families going in the current climate. They dont need to be made to feel inadequate by those in the fortunate position to want to throw money at Rangers when they cant afford to. I'm sure millionaire footballers will be fine for a couple of months.

Genuine question - Why is this ?.
Are other businesses stagger paid ?.
It was something I was told years ago when we were really struggling that Credit Card companies refused to pay full amount in case we went back into administration and they were liable to pay back the money.
Not sure if it is still the same

The same thread pops up nearly every day. Can we not get this season done first? What exactly do you plan on paying for anyway? We have no idea how next season will even look.

Also, on a different note, people are already stressing about where the next wage comes from and how they plan to keep their families going in the current climate. They dont need to be made to feel inadequate by those in the fortunate position to want to throw money at Rangers when they cant afford to. I'm sure millionaire footballers will be fine for a couple of months.
Do you honestly not think we are struggling?
I was saying that those fortunate enough to be able to pay upfront, IMO should, as it would help the Club's cashflow.
I hope everyone will be in a position to renew their ST but I doubt it very much.
To be clear, everyone should put their families first above everyone else.
I think the players should take a voluntary wage cut but they are perfectly allowed to want their contract honoured

Looking at the various threads regarding ST for next season and the financial shortfall the Club will undoubtedly face.
The European run will have helped in a big way but we as a Club have large overheads and I think we, as fans will be the usual suspects that will need to dig deep.
I think it would be a massive help if we could pay the Club Direct rather than, for instance, Credit Card.
Before anyone has a go at me, we as a family know how much a hardship it is at the moment, and that everyone has a family to look after first and foremost.
All I'm saying that those in our fanbase, if possible, should try and pay upfront.
If that is not possible, then it is not possible. I agree the players should have offered a 20% pay cut, but that is another debate, players come and go but we are forever.
Not wanting an argument about this, it is just my opinion.
Would it be better if the club allowed people to log in to their account online and pay on say a monthly or weekly basis direct into the clubs account.

Everybody’s circumstances different but what Robert is saying is if you can pay upfront then do it simples really

I could pay for mine upfront now. However if I did that, in a couple of months time the way things are going I'd be wishing I had that £600 in my bank account.

it's going to be a fine balancing act for a lot of people

It is mate. The financial implications of all this haven't hit most of us yet, but I'm sure they will. I need to be sure me and my family have food on the table and a roof over our heads ahead of buying any season tickets for a season I don't know when will begin, how many teams will be in the league and how many games it'll end up covering.

It is mate. The financial implications of all this haven't hit most of us yet, but I'm sure they will. I need to be sure me and my family have food on the table and a roof over our heads ahead of buying any season tickets for a season I don't know when will begin, how many teams will be in the league and how many games it'll end up covering.
I keep saying it, family comes first

It might just be the way I’m feeling this morning but I’ll be disgusted if our club ask us for cash at a time when the police are threatening us with arrest if we leave our house.
Despite the unprecedented times we live in, the future has got to be, somehow, planned out. be that Rangers or any other business and that's why The Government are putting plans in place to safeguard jobs when this is over and it will be over at some point

Although the club will be going through a difficult time financially they’ll be aware 99.9% of the fans are working class and will be facing the same hardships I hope they remember this when it comes to renewal time in the ways that we can pay i also hope the players give up between 10-20% of their wages during this hard time

I’m pretty fortunate with no kids and would do the same in a heartbeat.

I think people are still missing the seriousness of the situation the club are in, going by some of the responses.

The club operates on a cash basis. It pays it's bills from existing funds. There is no overdraft available, no credit (other than loans from existing investors), so it absolutely relies on cash in the bank.

That has to fund wages, day to day running costs and if required unexpected cost. Things like legal bills etc.

If it comes to the situation where it cannot pay the bills as they fall due then there will be no alternative but administration. Bearing in mind administration is a way to defend yourself against being wound up. That would lead to the club being handed over to an administrator, who takes total control of the business, making every decision, on every aspect of the business.

Yes, absolutely, 100%, people must put their families first. There is no doubt about that, it's not even an issue. However please don't kid yourself on about how serious this is. Funds are needed now.

Not speaking for anyone else, but I think this is the point Robert is making.

If the club is planning for all eventualities then the main scenario they should be planning for is that most fans will be struggling financially and probably won’t be able to pay their ST all at once. IMO they should be looking at extending the 4 payment option without having to pay some finance company a 10% levy.

If they gave us that option I don’t see too many people having to give theirs up.
I think that is a reasonable scenario

I think people are still missing the seriousness of the situation the club are in, going by some of the responses.

The club operates on a cash basis. It pays it's bills from existing funds. There is no overdraft available, no credit (other than loans from existing investors), so it absolutely relies on cash in the bank.

That has to fund wages, day to day running costs and if required unexpected cost. Things like legal bills etc.

If it comes to the situation where it cannot pay the bills as they fall due then there will be no alternative but administration. Bearing in mind administration is a way to defend yourself against being wound up. That would lead to the club being handed over to an administrator, who takes total control of the business, making every decision, on every aspect of the business.

Yes, absolutely, 100%, people must put their families first. There is no doubt about that, it's not even an issue. However please don't kid yourself on about how serious this is. Funds are needed now.

Not speaking for anyone else, but I think this is the point Robert is making.
In the cold light of day, the Club will need as much money upfront as possible.

Do you honestly not think we are struggling?
I was saying that those fortunate enough to be able to pay upfront, IMO should, as it would help the Club's cashflow.
I hope everyone will be in a position to renew their ST but I doubt it very much.
To be clear, everyone should put their families first above everyone else.
I think the players should take a voluntary wage cut but they are perfectly allowed to want their contract honoured
Im pretty sure most of us are struggling, thats why we dont need threads pressuring folk into throwing money at Rangers every day.

The players should be taking a wage cut, we've sacrificed enough for the club. If they refuse, then f*ck them. Offer them the door like Hearts have. Why should a fitba player be on full pay when the rest of us aren't?

Im pretty sure most of us are struggling, thats why we dont need threads pressuring folk into throwing money at Rangers every day.

The players should be taking a wage cut, we've sacrificed enough for the club. If they refuse, then f*ck them. Offer them the door like Hearts have. Why should a fitba player be on full pay when the rest of us aren't?

I don't see anyone pressurising anyone to buy a ST
If you can afford to pay upfront brilliant
If you can renew any other way Great
If you only have money for your family or an ST, It's a no brainer, family always comes first
Twice you have referred to the players as millionaires and now you say '%^*& them '
Whether we like it or not they have legal contracts that need to be honored, if you worked in a company would you want your contract honoured?

If the club is planning for all eventualities then the main scenario they should be planning for is that most fans will be struggling financially and probably won’t be able to pay their ST all at once. IMO they should be looking at extending the 4 payment option without having to pay some finance company a 10% levy.

If they gave us that option I don’t see too many people having to give theirs up.
Given the unique situation that we're in, the clubs gonna have to offer us a few different payment options. Personally theres no chance i could pay up front ( self employed and currently out of business ) but i'd probably renew if payment options suited my situation.

I don't see anyone pressurising anyone to buy a ST
If you can afford to pay upfront brilliant
If you can renew any other way Great
If you only have money for your family or an ST, It's a no brainer, family always comes first
Twice you have referred to the players as millionaires and now you say '%^*& them '
Whether we like it or not they have legal contracts that need to be honored, if you worked in a company would you want your contract honoured?
Most folk are now on 80% so no contracts aren't being honoured. Theres people posting here saying they cant afford it, thats pressure.

Don't think anyone is being made to feel inadequate, it is a very stressful time at the moment for everyone and Robert was not trying to rub anyone's face in it. I will pay for my seat up front coz I can, to help Rangers but I certainly don't think I am better than any other Rangers fan out there

Back