Season ticket Radio advert

If season tickets sell out and there is apparently a "three year" waiting list, what's the need to advertise them at all?
Or is it just more of a reminder to renew for existing season ticket holders?
What is meant by a 'three year waiting list"?? How can they say it will take so long?

Surely it would be a figure like say 1000 or 5000 waiting list.

Not advertising via the Bauer Media network would be cutting your nose of to spite your face.

Why? Are there Rangers fans out there who were hitherto unaware the club sold season tickets? No. So what does the advert achieve other than fund one of the club’s vocal critics?

If season tickets sell out and there is apparently a "three year" waiting list, what's the need to advertise them at all?

Create interest. Maybe see how big the waiting list can get before looking at plans ahead of project 2022?

Why? Are there Rangers fans out there who were hitherto unaware the club sold season tickets? No. So what does the advert achieve other than fund one of the club’s vocal critics?

Yet still gets the message out to hundreds of thousands within the targeted segment of the population.

Would you's prefer it was just Celtic on all the most popular stations?
Like it or not clyde is a very popular station and before Any one says different no I don't like clyde.

Yet still gets the message out to hundreds of thousands within the targeted segment of the population.

What target? The club is not an unknown brand trying to sell an unknown product. If you're a Rangers fan, you know the club sells season tickets. It is a futile exercise and a waste of money and, worst of all, giving money to a sworn enemy of the club. There is no sensible business that would do this.

Everybody likes to think advertising doesn’t have an effect on them. Studies have shown that’s not the case. The Bauer Network has 22 million listeners UK wide. I’ll leave you to figure out the rest.

Coca-Cola, the biggest selling soft drink in the world spends millions on advertising.

Advertising is paramount to any successful business, glad to see the club finally putting out ads via different channels to our own.

Everybody likes to think advertising doesn’t have an effect on them. Studies have shown that’s not the case. The Bauer Network has 22 million listeners UK wide. I’ll leave you to figure out the rest.

We're not advertising UK wide. And, as is repeatedly said, there is no evidence that the club has a market of untapped custom waiting by the radio.

Even if one was to argue that the club needed to advertise, there is absolutely no sense in funding a body that churns out daily negative publicity against the club.

Perhaps the Alan Sugars on here will explain that one.

Coca-Cola, the biggest selling soft drink in the world spends millions on advertising.

Advertising is paramount to any successful business, glad to see the club finally putting out ads via different channels to our own.
And there is your argument there stone dead
And also advertising the lottery we all know it is on on a sat

But they still advertise it

It’s called

Exposure

For all the bed welters

What target? The club is not an unknown brand trying to sell an unknown product. If you're a Rangers fan, you know the club sells season tickets. It is a futile exercise and a waste of money and, worst of all, giving money to a sworn enemy of the club. There is no sensible business that would do this.

Should multi million worldwide brands like Coca-Cola and McDonald's just stop wasting time and money advertising?

Any advert for our club through any channel is a good thing. Settle down.

I get what you are saying by keeping the brand name out there and ahead of the competition, but coca cola haven't sold out their supply.... they can always produce more whereas rangers are already at their limit. It's just a bit cringeworthy advertising on clyde, that's all I was thinking.

I get what you are saying by keeping the brand name out there and ahead of the competition, but coca cola haven't sold out their supply.... they can always produce more whereas rangers are already at their limit. It's just a bit cringeworthy advertising on clyde, that's all I was thinking.

It's not just season tickets that's being advertised, yes the ad is for that reason, but it's exposure for the club, it's our brand being put out through the radio.

Should multi million worldwide brands like Coca-Cola and McDonald's just stop wasting time and money advertising?

Any advert for our club through any channel is a good thing. Settle down.

Not equivalent. An advert for Coca-Cola and McDonald's is to make you desire the product at that moment, to plant the thought - in theory, it can be consumed every day. A Rangers season ticket is not comparable.

Until the club starts being clever with our money then we'll continue to be a punchbag in the media.

And there is your argument there stone dead
And also advertising the lottery we all know it is on on a sat

But they still advertise it

It’s called

Exposure

For all the bed welters

Those companies advertise because their product sales have a percentage of impulse purchases, you fool.

People getting worked up over this:))

I'm sure it won't break the bank.

If places like Jem carpets can afford it then I think we'll be ok:D:D

We're not advertising UK wide. And, as is repeatedly said, there is no evidence that the club has a market of untapped custom waiting by the radio.

Even if one was to argue that the club needed to advertise, there is absolutely no sense in funding a body that churns out daily negative publicity against the club.

Perhaps the Alan Sugars on here will explain that one.

I know we aren’t advertising UK wide, I was using the figure to point out how big a platform they have.
The advert is acting as a reminder to ST holders to renew, thus increasing revenue. You will also have tens of thousands of potential new customers listening that might fancy a ST and be reminded that the sales process has began.

What is meant by a 'three year waiting list"?? How can they say it will take so long?

It will just be an approximation based on renewal rates.

If you have say 1000 people waiting a year for a season ticket since last year and 3000 this year, then you have a 3 year waiting list. It sounds much better that just a raw figure.

It will just be an approximation based on renewal rates.

If you have say 1000 people waiting a year for a season ticket since last year and 3000 this year, then you have a 3 year waiting list. It sounds much better that just a raw figure.
But that's my point. You could be waiting for 10 years (folk to die or pack it in)
OR folk chuck it en masse say because, heaven forbid, the scum get to ten, and then you get the chance of a ticket straight away.
In effect timelines are totally pointless.

Why do folk get annoyed with stuff like this?

We’ve been wanting our presence felt for 7 years now and we’re finally getting it. We have a shop in Glasgow, new shop in Belfast, advertisements in the Subway etc.

Plus it winds up all the greeting faced Tims that listen to Radio Clyde, while promoting our club. Anyone on here that is actually annoyed with this, is a weapon.

Back