Season ticket refund ?

How do I claim a refund for the last 5 games of Season 2019/20 which were cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown?

A. To claim a refund on the cost of your 2019/20 Season Ticket, an application form should be completed and returned by post to Rangers Ticket Centre, 150 Edmiston Drive, Ibrox Stadium, G51 2XD, by the closing date of Tuesday 30 June. The form, for download and print, can be found HERE. A refund application form must be completed for each individual Season Ticket; multiple use applications will not be accepted.

So erm how do you go about claiming yer refund? Are we any nearer to the answer?

Its on the Club website:

Give yourself peace

Personally I don’t need the £25 voucher but I’ve claimed it in order to put towards mygers membership

The club originally told us we’d get a £25 voucher and thanking us for loyalty (even though a refund would amount to around £150 cash). This was the first step which annoyed me.

The second step was that the club made fans have to write to them requesting said voucher which was just another obstacle to prevent fans claiming it

Thirdly, at a time where we have a pandemic and plenty of bears struggling, the club have asked me to stump up over £500 for a season ticket knowing full well that I’ll be lucky to attend half of the home games. The club have failed to address the big question which is what we’ll get in return for our money as a virtual season ticket isn’t enough to merit a £500 contribution on a ST

To top things off, the club then launched the mygers membership wanting £50 off ST holders knowing fine well it’ll be effectively useless for half of the season. The club should have postponed the launch of this until next season or at the very least have ST holders free membership this season as a way of compensating us for missed games from the season just past.

So with all due respect, too right I was taking the £25 voucher. Club should be grateful that I and others aren’t claiming a cash refund
Completely agree with you sir, the clubs whole attitude towards this has been poor. A great many of the fans are struggling as it is without having to find extra for nothing in return.

If the guy needs the refund he should contact the club when the advice to do so is released. No need for fellow bears to have a go. Needs must
Sadly with the economy and job prospects in the state it is currently in and looks like it will be for a few years there will be some people finding themselves in financial trouble. The economy shrank by 20% today and unemployment in the private and public sectors will inevitably rise. You can’t criticise anyone who finds themselves in trouble for wanting some cash back. I see myself as lucky that I currently don’t need any refund facility.

the voucher is 25 quid not the refund, those claiming refund dont get the voucher
Yeah I know but there was a previous poster who said they’d been told it was a 25 quid refund too. But obviously that wasn’t true reading the rest of the thread.

Yeah I know but there was a previous poster who said they’d been told it was a 25 quid refund too. But obviously that wasn’t true reading the rest of the thread.
i would think just over 100 quid for the cheap seats scaling up to the dear seats

Give yourself peace

Personally I don’t need the £25 voucher but I’ve claimed it in order to put towards mygers membership

The club originally told us we’d get a £25 voucher and thanking us for loyalty (even though a refund would amount to around £150 cash). This was the first step which annoyed me.

The second step was that the club made fans have to write to them requesting said voucher which was just another obstacle to prevent fans claiming it

Thirdly, at a time where we have a pandemic and plenty of bears struggling, the club have asked me to stump up over £500 for a season ticket knowing full well that I’ll be lucky to attend half of the home games. The club have failed to address the big question which is what we’ll get in return for our money as a virtual season ticket isn’t enough to merit a £500 contribution on a ST

To top things off, the club then launched the mygers membership wanting £50 off ST holders knowing fine well it’ll be effectively useless for half of the season. The club should have postponed the launch of this until next season or at the very least have ST holders free membership this season as a way of compensating us for missed games from the season just past.

So with all due respect, too right I was taking the £25 voucher. Club should be grateful that I and others aren’t claiming a cash refund
Well don’t be the first to whinge when we don’t sign certain players and don’t win anything.
If you don’t need the £25 you should claim it.

Whether anyone is claiming or not the grudging way the club have went about the refunds, whilst talking about loyalty is very telling.
Download a form and post it back.

Selling you a ticket?
Why it's right there in your basket, just click checkout!*

*make sure you remove all your friends and families tickets that are in your basket first.

Genuine question.

Why would anyone renew their season ticket for the coming season knowing full well the current situation and consequences in advance, but moan they are paying more for their virtual ticket than anyone else? Or already want money back for games that will be behind closed doors.

Mental behaviour.

Genuine question.

Why would anyone renew their season ticket for the coming season knowing full well the current situation and consequences in advance, but moan they are paying more for their virtual ticket than anyone else? Or already want money back for games that will be behind closed doors.

Mental behaviour.
Genuine question.
Who’s said that?

Genuine question.

Mental behaviour.

I renewed because I’ve had my ST for near 30 years

However, why does that mean that I can’t expect to receive a partial refund for the games I am unable to attend?

I’ll receive access to RTV for our home games the same as every other ST holder. So why am I paying more than other parts of the ground and by the same token, others will be paying more than me, all for the same RTV access.

The club have been extremely quiet on this matter and given the poor way they handled the £25 voucher, the cynic in me believes the club are perhaps deliberately remaining quiet on this matter

People who need the refund wont have access to a printer like an oap. Seems like an unnecessary step, surely they could post one out to an oap?

I don't really see the problem with people asking for a partial refund.

Folk like myself have no choice. Personally I've been told by my employer that I'll be in and out of furlough for the entire time the scheme will run so my wages will vary for the next few months. I've also had my car stolen through this lock down which has left me out of pocket to clear the shortfall on it and while id rather leave the money in the club I don't have a choice but to claim for a refund.

Everyone has different situations right now and if you can afford to leave the money in the club then great but of you need to claim for one then do it. Folk saying your not a proper Rangers supporter if you claim for it need to remember where the world is right now

This has been done to death but why should an employee - any employee of any company on any level of salary - take a wage cut to help the Company? If they have no emotional attachment to said Company and could find employment easily elsewhere why should they? Its not their issue, it’s the Company’s issue.

How many employees on here with no emotional attachment to their employers, and who could find themselves work elsewhere, have taken a wage cut just to help their company survive Coronavirus? Not many I’d suggest.

Its nothing to do with the Club’s employees. Regardless of how well paid some may be.
The flip side is the exact same for customers, if this was not the Rangers but a company with customers that have no emotional attachment to that company - they would be hammering down the doors to be refunded money for goods that have been paid for and only part delivered or received,

the loyalty and emotional attachment is being used and exploited as a tool to not getting and receiving a refund for games cancelled.

I’m not going to take it but when the Mrs heard earlier that I could claw back a refund, wasn’t an easy one telling her I’m not doing it.

Already baffled as to why I’ve paid over £500 knowing I won’t get to any games this year.

They don’t get it I suppose but fortunately I’m in the position to be able to pay it. Others aren’t and even if they were, taking a refund to spend it on something else Is well within their rights
[/QUOTE

Where are people getting the impression that there will be a very small minority claiming? There’s a thread on twitter with thousands of response from the filth saying over quarter will claim - I can only assume we will be roughly the same.

The club has asked supporters not to ask for a refund if they are able to do so.
Appreciate some supporters are in dire staights and would never have an issue where supporters have to put family first.
However those who are asking for refund when not in dire staights need to be aware that they are hurting the club when it will be facing an unpredicatable future.
In effect a poorer team on park
For the vast majority of us who live by good Presbyterian values wouldn’t look down on anyone who haS no choice but take a refund to genuinely look after the right priorities in life, COVID impact or not.

It’s the few chancers out there (not the OP) who havnt been adversely impacted and see this as an opportunity to save a few quid and subsidies next years season ticket cost that would stick in my throat.
The club have done the right thing here making the offer, not much they can do if there are people out there who decide to abuse it.

Absolutely nailed
No issue with those who need the funds back due to financial circumstances ,
No doubt we will have unfortunately a minority who will see this as a chance to get a few quid back.
By doing so they will hurt the club and make us less competitive.

I believe the way rangers have handled this situation is nothing short of a disgrace. The impression that they give to me is that they are trying their damndest not to facilitate any money back to the fans.

They offered a poultry £25 voucher, only to then come out days later with the refund statement when the fans rightly kicked up a fuss...must have thought we were mugs as well as loyal..

They then advise on the refund form that fans who requested the voucher cannot apply for the refund...which is truly shocking..it’s not the fans fault that they release the refund statement when some fans have already taken the voucher..

You then have to be a detective to find anything on their webpage regards refunds, never mind locating the actual form..

With regards to the refund form, do they seriously think everyone has a printer in their house? It’s easy for them to deal by email when they want the season ticket money off you yet when we need to contact them we need to print it off and post it back...will also need to be sent RD post as well as I wouldn’t put it past them to say they never received..

Despite the fact that all fans will be watching on tv, some fans are still being asked to pay more than others for the full price of their ST..joke..

The fact they cannot send confirmation emails when renewed...

Just a shit show all round from the club...

Not seen many fans shower Alfie with tenners when he scores a late winner.

Now they want him to take a pay cut for not playing ...

Absolutely nailed
No doubt we will have unfortunately a minority who will see this as a chance to get a few quid back.

Have to laugh at the last line

IMO I reckon maybe 10k or so will take the voucher/cash refund.

It’s those guys that are the baddies though and will make us less competitive.

Forget the fact players and staff are taking full wages throughout the last few months or the fact that our board have cost us millions in legal fees due to signing us into piss poor contracts with sports direct and the memorial wall proposals.

It’s all the fans fault wanting something back for the money they paid for last season. Ok.

On a different refund, has anyone else not received their refund for St Mirren away? I didn't even get an email about it.

Absolutely nailed
Away don’t talk pish. The best on this thread not you quoted but is the ones that admit they aren’t ST holders telling ST holders what to do

Forget the fact players and staff are taking full wages throughout the last few months or the fact that our board have cost us millions in legal fees due to signing us into piss poor contracts with sports direct and the memorial wall proposals.

It’s all the fans fault wanting something back for the money they paid for last season. Ok.
Don’t talk sense. A refund will stop us signing players when the club have offered it and also already paid £3.5 on Hagi

Do I think players should be taking a pay cut - YES
Will fans requesting a refund hurt the club at a time when every club is fighing for survival -YES

Away don’t talk pish. The best on this thread not you quoted but is the ones that admit they aren’t ST holders telling ST holders what to do

For your info I have had a season ticked since 1982.
Not telling anyone whether to ask for refund or not, thats down to individuals and their personal cirumstances.
However fact is if circa 10k request refund at £120 a pop thatd circa 1.2 million lost income from the club at a time when income is already being decimated due to lack of games.
The more that ask for a refund the more it hurts the club financially.
FACT not pish as you stated.

I believe the way Rangers have handled this situation is nothing short of a disgrace. The impression that they give to me is that they are trying their damndest not to facilitate any money back to the fans.

They offered a poultry £25 voucher, only to then come out days later with the refund statement when the fans rightly kicked up a fuss...must have thought we were mugs as well as loyal..

They then advise on the refund form that fans who requested the voucher cannot apply for the refund...which is truly shocking..it’s not the fans fault that they release the refund statement when some fans have already taken the voucher..

You then have to be a detective to find anything on their webpage regards refunds, never mind locating the actual form..

With regards to the refund form, do they seriously think everyone has a printer in their house? It’s easy for them to deal by email when they want the season ticket money off you yet when we need to contact them we need to print it off and post it back...will also need to be sent RD post as well as I wouldn’t put it past them to say they never received..

Despite the fact that all fans will be watching on tv, some fans are still being asked to pay more than others for the full price of their ST..joke..

The fact they cannot send confirmation emails when renewed...

Just a shit show all round from the club...
[/QUOTE]
It's chicken feed.

For your info I have had a season ticked since 1982.
Not telling anyone whether to ask for refund or not, thats down to individuals and their personal cirumstances.
However fact is if circa 10k request refund at £120 a pop thatd circa 1.2 million lost income from the club at a time when income is already being decimated due to lack of games.
The more that ask for a refund the more it hurts the club financially.
FACT not pish as you stated.
You need to factor in the cash earned from the new membership fees.

Back