Season ticket refund ?

I’ve had a season ticket since 1981/2. Followed everywhere through good times and bad.

I’m now self employed and not worked since the lockdown. Money I put aside for season ticket and holiday has all gone... more or less

I don’t want to take any money out the club. What I might like to do is take whatever refund I am due and renew
I sympathise with you. I am in exactly the same position also self employed living off savings and will be applying for the rebate for both my tickets

We all have the same view on our TVs so it would have been fairer for Rangers to have found a way of charging us all the same for the bcd games. Then when we are allowed back at Ibrox to be charged by where you sit in the stadium.

Just been told I am possibly going to be made redundant possibly.

How do you go about this?

Sorry to hear that mate, form is here:

What certainly doesn't help is that no players or staff have taken pay cuts. 25 quid here or there makes no difference to the club, regardless.
It’s does if say 20,000 people claim it back and say use for a stadium tour,that’s half a million club would of lost out on.

It’s does if say 20,000 people claim it back and say use for a stadium tour,that’s half a million club would of lost out on.
Or to put that in context, the players wages for a week. Again - if the players don't take a wage cut how can you moan at fans for wanting their hard earned back?

Or to put that in context, the players wages for a week. Again - if the players don't take a wage cut how can you moan at fans for wanting their hard earned back?
I thought the players and staff took a pay cut?
For the sake of £25 voucher I would rather club keep it and spend on making team better and winning silverware.

The refund should be used to help out the most financially impacted individuals. I think that should be notice that the individual has given up the ticket though and can’t then use the money to automatically renew. If you are in financial peril then you don’t get another season ticket. If you could afford to leave the money in but claim a refund then everything indicates you would do the same again this year, which the club presumably can ill afford.

I thought the players and staff took a pay cut?
For the sake of £25 voucher I would rather club keep it and spend on making team better and winning silverware.
Players only took a wage deferment. So they will get it all back. So they are on full wages , while thousands of fans are on reduced or no wages . If fans want the refund they are entitled and same applies to the voucher for £25 .

The refund should be used to help out the most financially impacted individuals. I think that should be notice that the individual has given up the ticket though and can’t then use the money to automatically renew. If you are in financial peril then you don’t get another season ticket. If you could afford to leave the money in but claim a refund then everything indicates you would do the same again this year, which the club presumably can ill afford.
No offence mate , but who are you to dictate and tell fans what to do ! Fans have paid their money out but if they claim a refund they can't get a season ticket next year ? Aye ok then ... Maybe if players that make more in 1 week than a lot of fans do in a year take a wage cut that would help ! Wind your neck in mate .

Last edited:
No offence mate , but who are you to dictate and tell fans what to do ! Fans have paid their money out but if they claim a refund they can't get a season ticket next year ? Aye ok then ... Maybe if players that make more in 1 week than a lot of fans do in a year would help ! Wind your neck in mate .
I’m not telling fans what to do. I’m saying that Rangers should make the call that a refund means you gave up your season ticket three quarters of the way through a season and therefore you go to the end of the waiting list. It’s simple supply and demand, if Rangers can sell tickets to fans less likely to take a refund next year then they should.

If I was on the 10 instalments and then stopped paying after 7 would I get first dibs on my ticket next year? Nope. My suggestion isn’t to punish fans claiming a refund but simply treat them fairly.

The players are a separate issue. I agree with what you are saying but they don’t have the same attachment to the club so won’t.

I’m not telling fans what to do. I’m saying that Rangers should make the call that a refund means you gave up your season ticket three quarters of the way through a season and therefore you go to the end of the waiting list. It’s simple supply and demand, if Rangers can sell tickets to fans less likely to take a refund next year then they should.

If I was on the 10 instalments and then stopped paying after 7 would I get first dibs on my ticket next year? Nope. My suggestion isn’t to punish fans claiming a refund but simply treat them fairly.

The players are a separate issue. I agree with what you are saying but they don’t have the same attachment to the club so won’t.
So people that have had a season ticket like myself that has had a season ticket for last 16 years , has to go to the back of the queue if they want a refund ? Na no chance mate . So you are saying the club has to prejudice now ? End of the day money is tight for a lot of people and if they want they are more than entitled . And if they want to use it towards next season's ticket that is people's choice as well. £100 quid or whatever refund is could be difference of people being able to renew or not. You can no discriminate fans because they want a refund for a product they have not received.

So people that have had a season ticket like myself that has had a season ticket for last 16 years , has to go to the back of the queue if they want a refund ? Na no chance mate . So you are saying the club has to prejudice now ? End of the day money is tight for a lot of people and if they want they are more than entitled . And if they want to use it towards next season's ticket that is people's choice as well. £100 quid or whatever refund is could be difference of people being able to renew or not. You can no discriminate fans because they want a refund for a product they have not received.
I didn’t say it was fool proof and i don’t think we are going to find common ground. I sympathise with financial hardship. This time isn’t going to be easy for most.

The argument of not getting the product applies to everyone not claiming a refund too. Plus the facts are we are going to miss a massive chunk of this season and it stands to reason that it will be the same people asking for refunds again. Rangers just can’t afford this.

I’ve never said those who get refunds can’t get a ticket. I said they go on the waiting list with 15k people who are desperate for a ticket too. I’d be pissed off if I was on the list for years and found out that people who had essentially given up their ticket 3 quarters of the way through the season got priority for the next season.

I didn’t say it was fool proof and i don’t think we are going to find common ground. I sympathise with financial hardship. This time isn’t going to be easy for most.

The argument of not getting the product applies to everyone not claiming a refund too. Plus the facts are we are going to miss a massive chunk of this season and it stands to reason that it will be the same people asking for refunds again. Rangers just can’t afford this.

I’ve never said those who get refunds can’t get a ticket. I said they go on the waiting list with 15k people who are desperate for a ticket too. I’d be pissed off if I was on the list for years and found out that people who had essentially given up their ticket 3 quarters of the way through the season got priority for the next season.

No offence mate but thank %^*& you’re not in charge of season tickets.

If people want to apply for a refund then that is their choice. If people are falling on hard times then what you will most probably find is that a large percentage of people who take the refund will simply use that money to secure their ST next season. There is nothing wrong with that. They want to keep their ST and keep that normality in their lives.

To say that if you take the refund then that should say to club that you are for cancelling your season ticket is lunacy mate. I’m sorry but it really is.

The refund is there for anyone who wants it. There is no criteria to meet. If someone feels they want their money back then they are entitled to it. Simple as that.

What a load of old Bollocks. Loyalty works both ways.
Fans hitting on hard times after holding a season ticket for 25 years should have their tickets removed and put to the back of the queue if they apply for a refund?

What a load of old Bollocks. Loyalty works both ways.
Fans hitting on hard times after holding a season ticket for 25 years should have their tickets removed and put to the back of the queue if they apply for a refund?
Exactly , if you ask for a refund you have to lose your season ticket and join the queue .... biggest lot of nonsense I've heard yet !

You say people giving up season ticket 3/4 way through the season , people aren't giving up season ticket , they are asking for a refund of product they have haven't received . There's only been 3/4 of the games . And if folk renew and get refund next season , well that's their choice as well. You don't get extra staunch my gers points for not taking refund. But sounds like you would like that to happen as well.

Fair enough, I can see why it’s not popular and it is flawed for some so maybe not well thought through. There will be those claiming the refund to boost the coffers though which doesn’t sit right when everyone is being asked to take the hit as the club spent the money.

Using that logic, anybody wanting s new s/t should have to buy the matches that Rangers failed to provide last season, if the existing s/t holder has to be punished, pain should be shared with people who - maybe - didn’t fancy committing to Rangers when we were shíte.

Obviously I’m being díckísh in making such a stupid suggestion.

Fair enough, I can see why it’s not popular and it is flawed for some so maybe not well thought through. There will be those claiming the refund to boost the coffers though which doesn’t sit right when everyone is being asked to take the hit as the club spent the money.
Has the MD our millionaire Manager and Assistant and our senior players took a hit? No. You just have to look at the managers comment's to season tickets holders here is the quote. "This current crisis has created unprecedented challenges. Players and senior staff have shown their loyalty to our club in recent weeks, and now we want to reward you for your loyalty to us. What loyalty was that a wage cut? no it was deferred wages.

People are entitled to a refund if they wish, with no strings attached. My only worry is the same thing is going to happen next year, as we are not going to get to attend all the games this season either.
So next year we go down the same route, people demanding a refund again. All the while the club have to find the money for upgrading our playing squad, repairs to stadium etc.

This has been done to death but why should an employee - any employee of any company on any level of salary - take a wage cut to help the Company? If they have no emotional attachment to said Company and could find employment easily elsewhere why should they? Its not their issue, it’s the Company’s issue.

How many employees on here with no emotional attachment to their employers, and who could find themselves work elsewhere, have taken a wage cut just to help their company survive Coronavirus? Not many I’d suggest.

Its nothing to do with the Club’s employees. Regardless of how well paid some may be.

They took a 3 month deferment, so will be getting a juicy pay packet shortly whilst the economy is shrinking by 20pc. So forgive me and many others who insist on a refund, after having spent thousands over the years following and supporting the teams.

I don’t get the obsession with analysing the players. It’s like people who post pictures of a footballer and a nurse ‘one earns £200k, one can’t feed their kids’. It’s nonsense.

If you are financially able to leave the money in the club and you choose a refund then crack on but don’t dress it up as some moral stand against footballers wages. The rest of the working class people who leave their money in will pick up the shortfall for money already spent. I hope you don’t moan about lack of quality on the park next year though.

Aye nice one
I’m sorry but to come on here and tell people to have a look at themselves for taking the £25 voucher when they’ve paid up to £1k for games they will watch on the TV is out of order.

if you want the voucher take it
If you don’t want the voucher don’t take it

don’t come on here and belittle another supporter

Me and most of the other staff within my company who haven't been furloughed.

'My' company? Are you the owner or am I misreading that? Obviously if you are the owner - or one of them - then you have an emotional attachment to the company, which was one of my riders. The other was whether you could easily find alternative employment - as our players would.

It's not our players responsibility to fund refunds.

'My' company? Are you the owner or am I misreading that? Obviously if you are the owner - or one of them - then you have an emotional attachment to the company, which was one of my riders. The other was whether you could easily find alternative employment - as our players would.

It's not our players responsibility to fund refunds.
Well that's true is the Players responsibility to win trophy's which they have failed to do maybe lower their wages and up the win bonuses might get them winning titles.

Well that's true is the Players responsibility to win trophy's which they have failed to do maybe lower their wages and up the win bonuses might get them winning titles.

Maybe we should - but that's a whole different argument to 'punishing' the players in order to refund fans for an incomplete season. In effect they will be sitting at home getting paid for doing nothing right now - just like millions of other workers across the UK.

EDIT: To be clear on this, I too would have preferred the players to offer up wage cuts rather than deferrals - but I wouldn't and won't criticise them for not doing so. As I said, its nothing to do with them.

Last edited:
This has been done to death but why should an employee - any employee of any company on any level of salary - take a wage cut to help the Company? If they have no emotional attachment to said Company and could find employment easily elsewhere why should they? Its not their issue, it’s the Company’s issue.

How many employees on here with no emotional attachment to their employers, and who could find themselves work elsewhere, have taken a wage cut just to help their company survive Coronavirus? Not many I’d suggest.

Its nothing to do with the Club’s employees. Regardless of how well paid some may be.

I offered and was told no. Although I have a job I've no right to have so would quite like to keep it :D

I've sent away for refunds for two tickets. One of the guys in our group has had an email from Rangers stating the refund is only £25. Quote from email "It's either a voucher or refund, both with a value of £25."

Very poor and disingenuous from the club IMO, I'm sure many supporters like myself, would have been expecting the refund to be greater than £25.

What a load of absolute crap. If people want a refund for their hard earned money they’ve spent on something that they won’t get then they are entitled to a refund if they choose to take up that option. And if that helps them buy next years season ticket and puts money back into the club for years to come then great.

I see your point but even a token 10% wage cut for senior players or something along those lines would have made sense in times like this , for me its down to the captain to speak up for the team and do something like this, would show a sense of being in it together with the fans and probably more fans wouldn’t bother with refunds etc if then team lead by example , it’s disappointing that it hasn’t been done and will be remembered.

I've sent away for refunds for two tickets. One of the guys in our group has had an email from Rangers stating the refund is only £25. Quote from email "It's either a voucher or refund, both with a value of £25."

Very poor and disingenuous from the club IMO, I'm sure many supporters like myself, would have been expecting the refund to be greater than £25.

With just 1 post in nearly 3 years you are going to need to produce a bit more 'evidence' than that.

A screenshot of the email might be a good start.

With just 1 post in nearly 3 years you are going to need to produce a bit more 'evidence' than that.

Fair enough, I was trying but couldn't get it posted. How do I send a screenshot from my phone and I'll happily post it?

Fair enough, I was trying but couldn't get it posted. How do I send a screenshot from my phone and I'll happily post it?

Save the screenshot to your Camera Roll or whatever your photo storage folder is called. Then use https://postimages.org/ to upload it. Use the Hotlink for Forums button to post to FF.

EDIT: Better yet, if those are indeed the emails going out - which I doubt - then we will shortly see numerous posts on here to that effect. The only part that sounds 'right' is that its one or the other - £25 or full refund. We know that already.

Last edited:
i presume it would depend on cost of your ST. I still think giving those who do not take refund the equivalent in shares would be good or increase c1872 shareholding by that equivalent after all not taking refund is the same effectively as giving loans to the club which were later converted to shares £100 refund for 45,000 or so ST holders is £4.5m would help c1872 maintain the percentage shareholding

Great Idea re shares mate.

Fair enough and the upload did work. Thank you. You will both, I hope, understand my suspicions.

I suspect 'Bobby' at the Ticket Centre has made a bit of a balls-up here. Time will tell.
I would be very surprised if that was right for the refund. I doubt a section 75 reclaim would go along with that and that's before you consider the bad feeling that would produce. Perhaps the SLO can shed some light on it.

I would be very surprised if that was right for the refund. I doubt a section 75 reclaim would go along with that and that's before you consider the bad feeling that would produce. Perhaps the SLO can shed some light on it.

Unless we start to see more of these email - from other than 'Bobby' - I think I'd put it down to him being 'misinformed'. Hopefully nothing more than that.

Back