Season ticket refund ?

Fair enough and the upload did work. Thank you. You will both, I hope, understand my suspicions.

I suspect 'Bobby' at the Ticket Centre has made a bit of a balls-up here. Time will tell.

Cheers for the help, understand the suspicions lol, fully expected I've been on here over 10 years on the old board, very rarely post though. My mate who received the email, had been in contact with the ticket center about the refund. He was told it was only £25, which he was then questioning and the screenshot was the final reply he had this morning confirming it was only £25.

Hopefully Bobby at the ticket center has his information mixed up, and it does turn out to be more than £25. I'd be very surprised and disappointed if it is the case. I sent forms away earlier this week and have not heard anything back yet.

I've sent away for refunds for two tickets. One of the guys in our group has had an email from Rangers stating the refund is only £25. Quote from email "It's either a voucher or refund, both with a value of £25."

Very poor and disingenuous from the club IMO, I'm sure many supporters like myself, would have been expecting the refund to be greater than £25.

That's not correct. The refund is for the value of your ST for the remaining games.

This has been done to death but why should an employee - any employee of any company on any level of salary - take a wage cut to help the Company? If they have no emotional attachment to said Company and could find employment easily elsewhere why should they? Its not their issue, it’s the Company’s issue.

How many employees on here with no emotional attachment to their employers, and who could find themselves work elsewhere, have taken a wage cut just to help their company survive Coronavirus? Not many I’d suggest.

Its nothing to do with the Club’s employees. Regardless of how well paid some may be.
You know nothing about what others may have to do with their employer. Nothing. Your guessing and speculating to try and trivialise.
Many people all through the country are on the governments 80% furlough and hopefully lucky enough to have an employer make up the other 20%
But there are many on furlough with employers not making up the other 20% so for them that's a wage cut.
Others are being asked to take voluntary pay cuts to help their companies through the hard times.
I' m personally being asked to take unpaid holidays between July and October that will cost me best part of £600 per month. That's a position for 1000's of employees in my company in the UK alone.
Many will face pending redundancy. That's inevitable on the back of all this.

So with all due respect, you have no possible knowledge of how this virus hurts people within our support.

So If anyone wants that season ticket refund, go get it...
Don't let anyone play on your heart strings if you need that money ( for whatever reason).

You know nothing about what others may have to do with their employer. Nothing. Your guessing and speculating to try and trivialise.
Many people all through the country are on the governments 80% furlough and hopefully lucky enough to have an employer make up the other 20%
But there are many on furlough with employers not making up the other 20% so for them that's a wage cut.
Others are being asked to take voluntary pay cuts to help their companies through the hard times.
I' m personally being asked to take unpaid holidays between July and October that will cost me best part of £600 per month. That's a position for 1000's of employees in my company in the UK alone.
Many will face pending redundancy. That's inevitable on the back of all this.

So with all due respect, you have no possible knowledge of how this virus hurts people within our support.

So If anyone wants that season ticket refund, go get it...
Don't let anyone play on your heart strings if you need that money ( for whatever reason).

Whoa, hold up there buddy. Read my post again. There's nothing in it debating the rights or wrongs of folk asking for a refund. I have stated that its nothing to do with the players. Nothing more, nothing less. It isn't. It's for the Club to deal with.

Save your rant for someone else, because I think you've misunderstood my point.

Last edited:
What a load of absolute crap. If people want a refund for their hard earned money they’ve spent on something that they won’t get then they are entitled to a refund if they choose to take up that option. And if that helps them buy next years season ticket and puts money back into the club for years to come then great.
Same again next season then? Ask for a 50% refund this time if we are shit out until Christmas. That won’t hurt the club.

That's not correct. The refund is for the value of your ST for the remaining games.

Good to hear, thanks for clearing it up.

Bobby can get the first round in for the ticket office staff, when the pubs open:). In hindsight I should have also blanked his name out the screenshot, he was just the messenger and obviously got something mixed up.

'My' company? Are you the owner or am I misreading that? Obviously if you are the owner - or one of them - then you have an emotional attachment to the company, which was one of my riders. The other was whether you could easily find alternative employment - as our players would.

It's not our players responsibility to fund refunds.
No, I don't own the company. I'm sure I could easily find other employment as many others in my company (sorry, my employers) could, but it's not as straightforward as that. Many people don't tend to do that, and not one of the 100s employed by my employers have done it.

There's certainly a lot more than you suggest who are taking pay cuts.

Last year was different, but anyone buying a season ticket this year should not be able to claim anything for any games behind closed doors. I think that’d be very cheeky considering you knew exactly the situation you were getting into when you purchased your ticket.

Those who paid for last season who really need the cash are understandable though.

Whoa, hold up there buddy. Read my post again. There's nothing in it debating the rights or wrongs of folk asking for a refund. I have stated that its nothing to do with the players. Nothing more, nothing less. It isn't. It's for the Club to deal with.

Save your rant for someone else, because I think you've misunderstood my point.
Sorry I never intended to word it to say that you did intimate a leaning on refunds. ...that wasnt my intention. My.response to you was about pay cuts and you generalising that not many would face these..

I simply added a footnote to my response (intended for everyone) that nobody should feel pressured not to take a refund if needed.

Sorry if it came across the wrong.way.

Same again next season then? Ask for a 50% refund this time if we are shit out until Christmas. That won’t hurt the club.

Next season a completely different situation. Folk know upfront they probably won't get a full season in, last year they didn't.

That's not to say they won't be entitled to a refund next season as well though.

Bar72 have been told they will get some form of pro rata refund next season and they also know the risk though

Is that official?

I'm sure there is some logic or explanation behind it, probably cost of their seats, but IMO that should be communicated to all ST holders provided of course it will apply to everyone which you'd assume it would.

I’m sure Bar72 got a price rise while it was frozen everywhere else?
It was but the refund would be pro rata at the higher price. Based on the number of games. At what price doesn't it matter that you know you won't see the games?

Be interesting to see how this goes. I wonder if we will ever hear how many claimed a full refund. Saw this article putting the Falkirk reclaims at just 2%. Judging by the somewhat heated debate on here about this matter we will be significantly beyond that. In our terms 2% would be under 1000.

Is that official?

I'm sure there is some logic or explanation behind it, probably cost of their seats, but IMO that should be communicated to all ST holders provided of course it will apply to everyone which you'd assume it would.
It was posted on one of the threads on here. I think it was based on them getting 30 games a season given they get all games.

Be interesting to see how this goes. I wonder if we will ever hear how many claimed a full refund. Saw this article putting the Falkirk reclaims at just 2%. Judging by the somewhat heated debate on here about this matter we will be significantly beyond that. In our terms 2% would be under 1000.

A lot would depend on the amount of the refund. Accy Stanley offered refunds long before the season even ended but it worked out around £9 a game so not many took them.

Here we are talking a lot more and they have introduced a membership scheme in addition to the season ticket that you need to get ticket priority on top of being unlikely to see games. That has annoyed people too

A lot would depend on the amount of the refund. Accy Stanley offered refunds long before the season even ended but it worked out around £9 a game so not many took them.

Here we are talking a lot more and they have introduced a membership scheme in addition to the season ticket that you need to get ticket priority on top of being unlikely to see games. That has annoyed people too

What is the value of the old firm game on ST?

Obviously refunds will be different depending on cost of the season ticket but on average, including kids and concessions, I'd say it will work out around £25-£30 per match in most cases, for a missing 5 matches. So in the region of £125-£150 in total.

I assume they will refund based on missing 5/19ths of the matches and the cost of an OF ticket as an individual purchase won't come into it.

It’s hard times for everyone but whoever claims the £25 voucher really needs to take a long hard look at themselves and ask what’s more for more important a £25 voucher we can’t hardly spend on anything or a better chance of us winning silverware?
I know what my answer is

Give yourself peace

Personally I don’t need the £25 voucher but I’ve claimed it in order to put towards mygers membership

The club originally told us we’d get a £25 voucher and thanking us for loyalty (even though a refund would amount to around £150 cash). This was the first step which annoyed me.

The second step was that the club made fans have to write to them requesting said voucher which was just another obstacle to prevent fans claiming it

Thirdly, at a time where we have a pandemic and plenty of bears struggling, the club have asked me to stump up over £500 for a season ticket knowing full well that I’ll be lucky to attend half of the home games. The club have failed to address the big question which is what we’ll get in return for our money as a virtual season ticket isn’t enough to merit a £500 contribution on a ST

To top things off, the club then launched the mygers membership wanting £50 off ST holders knowing fine well it’ll be effectively useless for half of the season. The club should have postponed the launch of this until next season or at the very least have ST holders free membership this season as a way of compensating us for missed games from the season just past.

So with all due respect, too right I was taking the £25 voucher. Club should be grateful that I and others aren’t claiming a cash refund

No , because this season people know there is a risk of this happening and should accept that risk when renewing.

I disagree with this

By your logic, if I sign up to a 12 month subscription with a company and they go bust in 6 months time due to covid, I shouldn’t bother requesting a partial refund?

The club should have been open about this from the moment they launched ST sales.

A virtual season ticket isn’t enough to justify a £500+ ST outlay. They have to compensate further depending on how long were unable to attend games.

Failure to do so is ripping the piss.

If the club state a virtual season ticket is all we’re getting then how can they justify charging different amounts of money for ST in different stands, when we’ll all be watching the same tv stream

Here's a wee scenario for you.
My daughter has renewed her SJ rear seat on the finance option. Very affordable, even in the present circumstances.
Over the last few weeks two kitchen appliances have bit the dust and yesterday her car developed a fault.I’ve taken care of the kitchen appliances but her car repair is around £700.
Will I be encouraging her to apply for a refund?
You're damn right I will.
scrap the car and get your priority's right :p ;)

Give yourself peace

Personally I don’t need the £25 voucher but I’ve claimed it in order to put towards mygers membership

The club originally told us we’d get a £25 voucher and thanking us for loyalty (even though a refund would amount to around £150 cash). This was the first step which annoyed me.

The second step was that the club made fans have to write to them requesting said voucher which was just another obstacle to prevent fans claiming it

Thirdly, at a time where we have a pandemic and plenty of bears struggling, the club have asked me to stump up over £500 for a season ticket knowing full well that I’ll be lucky to attend half of the home games. The club have failed to address the big question which is what we’ll get in return for our money as a virtual season ticket isn’t enough to merit a £500 contribution on a ST

To top things off, the club then launched the mygers membership wanting £50 off ST holders knowing fine well it’ll be effectively useless for half of the season. The club should have postponed the launch of this until next season or at the very least have ST holders free membership this season as a way of compensating us for missed games from the season just past.

So with all due respect, too right I was taking the £25 voucher. Club should be grateful that I and others aren’t claiming a cash refund

Agree 100% with every point made and throw in the ridiculous end of season behaviour from the spfl makes me question what I’m doing.

The communications on season ticket renewalS have been very poor imo.

Ive got 3 tickets so looking at over £1000 for what? We all know there is uncertainty but id Like to know what the mitigation will be.

Here's a wee scenario for you.
My daughter has renewed her SJ rear seat on the finance option. Very affordable, even in the present circumstances.
Over the last few weeks two kitchen appliances have bit the dust and yesterday her car developed a fault.I’ve taken care of the kitchen appliances but her car repair is around £700.
Will I be encouraging her to apply for a refund?
You're damn right I will.
If it’s correct that the refund is only £25 then it’s hardly worth the hassle.

Anyone got the link to get these vouchers

How can I apply for my £25 voucher due to Season 2019/20 finishing early?

The £25 voucher, available to supporters who have not requested a Season Ticket refund for the remaining games of Season 19/20, can be requested by emailing your name and Rangers number to ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk One email request per Season Ticket must be sent from the email address registered to the Season Ticket no later than the deadline of Tuesday 30 June. Vouchers will expire on Thursday 31st December if not redeemed.

Last edited:
This has been done to death but why should an employee - any employee of any company on any level of salary - take a wage cut to help the Company? If they have no emotional attachment to said Company and could find employment easily elsewhere why should they? Its not their issue, it’s the Company’s issue.

How many employees on here with no emotional attachment to their employers, and who could find themselves work elsewhere, have taken a wage cut just to help their company survive Coronavirus? Not many I’d suggest.

Its nothing to do with the Club’s employees. Regardless of how well paid some may be.
I dont know what world you live in but i guarantee you many people will be forced to give up hours that they were contracted wether they like it or not to to save companies before we come out the other side of this

Back