Season ticket refund ?

Mate I am sorry but I am getting the same grief from her in doors but nobody is holding a gun to your head to re-new.
You have the option to not purchase your tickets.
Its a choice you make, I really don't see why its Rangers fault. They have gave you the option.
Your not reading my point. I'm not saying anyone is holding a gun to my head ( well appart.from my wife but I can live with that) but I am of a strong opinion that Rangers are over charging a lot of us for a product they won't deliver and know.they won't deliver..
100% on board supporting for a season that will not happen. But my support should not cost me more than your support orn anyone elses support in this situation. I don't have a choice to support at a cost other than my CD season ticket price. So I will be looking for some sort of refund at the.end of next season if my bum was on my living room seat as opposed to my Club Deck seat. By that I mean the difference in seat price, not a full refund.

Your not reading my point. I'm not saying anyone is holding a gun to my head ( well appart.from my wife but I can live with that) but I am of a strong opinion that Rangers are over charging a lot of us for a product they won't deliver and know.they won't deliver..
100% on board supporting for a season that will not happen. But my support should not cost me more than your support orn anyone elses support in this situation. I don't have a choice to support at a cost other than my CD season ticket price. So I will be looking for some sort of refund at the.end of next season if my bum was on my living room seat as opposed to my Club Deck seat. By that I mean the difference in seat price, not a full refund.
Thats the choice you make with regards to the ST you have I pay for 3 in the Govan but thats my choice. I can easily not renew but I know as we all you do if I don't someone else will hence the way I l see it that this season our money is a donation to keep the club going and if/when we get back well then its a bonus. When we stop the mentally challengeds form 10 I really could not give a monkeys as to the money I have paid and wont be looking for a refund even though Mrs FB may not agree.

I’m not sure the club have done too well here.

The fact it wasn’t even mentioned in the renewal element was disappointing.

SR confirms, you can have one if you want as part of the interview.

One way to potentially offset it; you could roll the £100 per person as equity into the club, granted via Club1872.

It would strengthen fan position, open up new shareholders in C1872, whilst recognising the contribution as more than simply a donation.

Each to their own you say when it comes to claiming a refund but shame own anyone who doesn’t think it’s right to use that money to buy another season ticket - despite all the points you make!

I’m not arguing with any of the other points you make mate, that’s your prerogative but why did you buy another season ticket? What happens if you don’t get offered a refund next year?
I'm saying shame on anyone who judges or belittles another person's need or want for a refumd.
If someone wants or needs a refund form last season, I have no issue or objection nor the right to say that's not right. As.you mention that refund cost could be used and could be the difference in affording a ticket for next season. Exactly what saying. If someone needs or wants a refund, charge on. They are.entitled to it.

I bought a.tixket because I want to support the club. My support from my house should not cost more than your support from your house if we are all embracing a closed.door season and watching on TV.. I could easily have just sided with my wife, given nothing, picked.up the game on IPTV for he haw....but I don't want to do that, i want to support ( at fair and.equitable price to others).

If you don't like it, don't buy it, isn't the answer here.

Where are people getting the impression that there will be a very small minority claiming? There’s a thread on twitter with thousands of response from the filth saying over quarter will claim - I can only assume we will be roughly the same.

Why would you assume that? We are fuck all like them, what a ridiculous thing to say.

They had banners over their seats when winning the league while we had near sellout crowds in the 3rd division.

Why would you assume that? We are fuck all like them, what a ridiculous thing to say.

They had banners over their seats when winning the league while we had near sellout crowds in the 3rd division.
I'm more concerned that he's reading some twitter thread with thousands of responses from the filth and coming on here to tell us. Very strange behaviour.

I'm saying shame on anyone who judges or belittles another person's need or want for a refumd.
If someone wants or needs a refund form last season, I have no issue or objection nor the right to say that's not right. As.you mention that refund cost could be used and could be the difference in affording a ticket for next season. Exactly what saying. If someone needs or wants a refund, charge on. They are.entitled to it.

I bought a.tixket because I want to support the club. My support from my house should not cost more than your support from your house if we are all embracing a closed.door season and watching on TV.. I could easily have just sided with my wife, given nothing, picked.up the game on IPTV for he haw....but I don't want to do that, i want to support ( at fair and.equitable price to others).

If you don't like it, don't buy it, isn't the answer here.
I agree fully with your second point, I pay £500 or there abouts and you shouldn’t have to pay more for the same service.

If people are struggling don’t feel guilty for taking it just do it your no lesser a bear remember our club are still paying players thousands of pounds a week that you in your support have contributed to

Utter bullshit, you’re out because it’s obvious the jibberish being spouted. Relating Murray’s era and raping of the club to now, after the huge progress on fan engagement, mhedia strategy revolution and material wealth getting overly invested etc.

Take your faux principle bullshit and either be honest in your motivations or bailout before you get embarrassed more.

I’m glad the majority recognise the clubs financial position for what it is. How much people are over investing into the club. How God forbid those investing millions into the club don’t take your principled approach to Rangers. I can see Park et al now...some of these customers are chasing a few bob back on principle whilst I’m throwing millions into this. In principle I’m out also.
How many of those who spent millions to save the club refused to take the transfer to shares of the amount owed?
How many of them would punt their shares, with no cash coming back to the club, if they hit financial difficulties?

Last edited:
Club should have stuck with the 25 quid voucher for me.

To anyone who is buying for 20/21 you know it's BCD if we go 2/3 season this way or whole season will you be screaming for your money back? As that could literally finish the club. If so don't buy let others who don't care about the money buy instead.

Glad the club have now offered the refund. Correct thing to do.
Those who need to can now get their money back to do with it what they will.
Fortunate enough to be able to forego a refund but will be taking up the £25 offer, although not sure what I will be able to use it for yet as I have already paid for myGers.
Would have been nice if the players had helped out by taking a wage reduction and not a referral.

Yes but those same people pleading poverty want to buy another season book it stinks

Yeah that's a tricky one mate.

As I've posted from the very start I thought Rangers should offer a refund not a voucher & I got slaughtered by some on here for that but I stand by it.

Folk might genuinely need that money to live on, we don't know everyone's personal financial circumstances. If that's your case then take the refund 100%.

Having said that I think we all acknowledge that for those that can afford it leaving the money in the Club is the "best" option so for folk that want the refund to put towards their next years Season Ticket? I'm not sure how I feel about that as you'd assume they can afford it without so should they be taking the cash? Especially in the current climate when we've no clue what will happen next season

Obviously they're entitled to it I make no bones about it but if you don't need it? Up for the individual to decide I guess.

At last common sense prevails offering the fans money back not everyone is in a position just to wave goodbye to there money then do same with half of this season I'm lucky enough that I have been working and I can afford to do it but not everybody is in same situation all I've read here is if you take the money out your hurting the club yes I do agree with that but I the same breath do you think the club care about the punter when there sending emails out just after final whistle and making some fans scramble to find the cash to pay the following day or so to secure there ticket for the next game in the cup each individual has different circumstances and shouldn't be judged just because they need the money

Excellent news, been dying for one of those pint pulling machines for ages now, the refund will be put towards that, thanks Rangers!

Extremely crass and lacking empathy for a situation that is effecting the majority of us. Scratching my head with some of these comments.

We need better players to compete for the league - don’t be moaning on match threads or blaming Gerrard if we don’t win it next season.

I’ve done my bit. For near on 30 years ST holder.

As I said though, the club treats us like customers when it suits.

Yet you have only been on here for a month - Starting a thread asking questions about season book numbers and fermenting outrage about the cost of a session in the pub.

Yet you have only been on here for a month - Starting a thread asking questions about season book numbers and fermenting outrage about the cost of a session in the pub.

I’ve been on here since the very early FF where you could see how many minutes folk had been active down the right hand side of the screen

Just under other usernames.

Yes but those same people pleading poverty want to buy another season book it stinks
Here's a wee scenario for you.
My daughter has renewed her SJ rear seat on the finance option. Very affordable, even in the present circumstances.
Over the last few weeks two kitchen appliances have bit the dust and yesterday her car developed a fault.I’ve taken care of the kitchen appliances but her car repair is around £700.
Will I be encouraging her to apply for a refund?
You're damn right I will.

Taking any refund from the missed games would hurt us imo.

Take the £25 offered.

Also you can pay up your season ticket.
Why do people continue continue with this telling folk what to do with their finances . The OP has stated he needs the money and as such is entitled to do what he wants . At risk from the staunch brigade the club can afford it more than the OP .

Club should have stuck with the 25 quid voucher for me.

To anyone who is buying for 20/21 you know it's BCD if we go 2/3 season this way or whole season will you be screaming for your money back? As that could literally finish the club. If so don't buy let others who don't care about the money buy instead.

pleading poverty - is that the new description of someone who is out of work due to Covid?

i agree where possible keep the money in the club - however what would you suggest, people finish their families before they 'finish the club'?

For the vast majority of us who live by good Presbyterian values wouldn’t look down on anyone who haS no choice but take a refund to genuinely look after the right priorities in life, COVID impact or not.

It’s the few chancers out there (not the OP) who havnt been adversely impacted and see this as an opportunity to save a few quid and subsidies next years season ticket cost that would stick in my throat.
The club have done the right thing here making the offer, not much they can do if there are people out there who decide to abuse it.

I don't think it's possible to abuse a system to get your own money back.

Take away the tribalism of football and if anything else you pay for was not fulfilled, you'd be expecting a refund.

You can add in all the "good presbyterian" emotive language you want, but realistically the actions of an individual in a situation like this is completely their own choice. It's the adult online version of peer pressure.

people that require money due to being out of work are now bellends? that's an interesting one.

Some of the comments not only on this thread but on others on this subject have been really disappointing to see. People are quick to judge.

It's fine to have an opinion, that's what forums are all about but there's a way to get your point across. Some posters would be minded to remember this.

It may have escaped you but those investing millions have either got some of that back or have received shares instead.
i believe people who require a refund for their family if money is tight should apply for it.

however it's incredibly naive to think that current directors have received any money they have invested back already and yes, they have received shares, but when you plough £10m worth in every year they dilute their shares continually. they are clearly not in this for the money, the club made a £10m loss last year.

I'm not talking about people like the OP that are hard up at the moment but the people on the forum trying to convince people to claim their money back 'out of principle' aren't fooling anyone.

This thread is a disgrace,now i am in a lucky position that i dont need to request a refund but some of the shit people are saying about people who are not in the position is an embarrassment and not befitting of the Rangers support.£120 or whatever it is could be the difference in paying a bill or not so as i said earlier in the thread if you need the refund you need the refund and dont let anyone on here try to tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
If say 10% of season ticket holders ask for a refund, and refund is around £100 (5 home games) .

That works at 4600 x £100 = £500k

That's no small number and will likeky impact our summer plans to some extent.

All I would say to those considering it, is the £100 worth it? Is it worth giving them 10 in a row? Who knows if this cash could be used to buy that 1 quality player who could make a difference.

If folk want their money back apply for it as is your right. Simple as that. If the club are happy to take your money for something you won’t get, then it is absolutely correct that they are also willing to refund what wasn’t received last season.

They’ve made the option available, which is the right thing to do under the circumstances. Nobody should be the least bit concerned about claiming it back on the basis of what other customers think of them for doing so.

Likewise, those who want to leave their money where it is are entitled to do so.

If say 10% of season ticket holders ask for a refund, and refund is around £100 (5 home games) .

All I would say to those considering it, is the £100 worth it? Is it worth giving them 10 in a row? Who knows if this cash could be used to buy that 1 quality player who could make a difference.

£100 might go towards the mortgage, rent, electricity bill or a council tax bill for some.

The idea that if they do their tainted 10 next then it's somehow on the support who asked for a refund is just plain wrong.

Last edited:

It will be nowhere near that amount who ask for refunds

I know it’s petty, I wanted a refund due to the club only offering the £25 voucher, but now the club have done the decent thing in offering it, I don’t want it. o_O

Take the £25 offered.

He’s struggling.
Not worked for months.
Still wanting to buy a season Tkt for next season knowing we won’t get into at least half the games.
Players still getting thousands per week.

And you have a dig at him.

Unbelievable

I don’t know what the OP does for a living but it got me thinking. Perhaps we should have a sticky on here or some format where the self employed could advertise their particular talents and supporters could keep the money in the Rangers family. The person could maybe do a bit of a better price if contacted through here with a section to leave feedback?
Trust a Ranger.com

There is, or was, a big thread for this sort of thing in the lounge a while back

I have always viewed my ST money as supporting the club, always knew full well I wouldn’t be able to make every game of every season. My reward for supporting the club is access to the games. Just how I have viewed it.

people who are asking for refunds I sympathise with it’s an incredibly tough time for most. However I also think they should have 20/21 ST money returned to them and a mygers non ST holder should be offered the chance to buy them. Or people who have renewed but have requested transfers to more expensive areas or for seats together. I think this as the people who are asking for 19/20 refunds will alsobe expecting 20/21 refunds so the “loyalty” argument can be blown right out the water.

(I am also acutely aware of how tory that sounds and the irony of it coming from me.)

Our management team are multi-millionaires and not taken a wage cut and the senior players are also millionaires haven't taken a wage cut and this be honest the players and management should have taken a wage cut after the dismal football after the winter break and another season winning nothing. They have been rewarded greatly for not doing there Jobs.The fans have been loyalty to the club and with this pandemic have asked the club for a refund i can't see anything wrong with that.

Take the £25 offered.

I agree,i will not be requesting a refund as taking money from the club will hurt us financially,i have also renewed my season ticket for myself and my son and happy to watch on tv until we can get back,all monies will go directly to the first team which i am happy with

If you can afford to forego it then you should.

We are about to embark on the biggest season of our lives and to take money out of the club is unforgiveable.

if the guy needs some of the money back for the product he hasn’t received and has lost all income during this that’s fair enough mate. I doubt the first team squad would do the same for the fans. They’re only taking wage deferrals. If you can afford to leave your money with the club then great but we shouldn’t judge or chastise those who are placing their family above the club which IMO is the right thing to do.

Everyone’s personal circumstances are different! But I don’t believe anyone who has found the funds to renew their season ticket should be taking the refund!

Back