Season ticket refund ?

IF. a Bear needs a refund no cuńt should be criticising them.

There will be Bears who can’t afford to come back next season through no fault of their own, and that breaks my heart.
There are also fans who have next to nothing but still give the club their last. Maybe dont have alot in their life and Rangers fill a void.

Some people need to take a step back.

Surely it should be worked out based upon an old firm game cost first of all. Then the other 4 remaining games an average cost based upon the price of your season ticket?

£500 season ticket for example
16 home games + 2 old firm home games

Remove the cost of a usual OF ticket off the £500. Whatever is left, divide by 16 and that works out the average home game cost
Aye, for games that most likely would have been dead rubbers (pains me to say). The big gaps were already appearing in the stands due to our shocking form. Some of the folk pining for a refund (and are without financial problems. eg, tight arses) wouldn't even have attended some or all of the remaining games.

Last edited:
Aye, for games that most likely would have been dead rubbers (pains me to say). The big gaps were already appearing in the stands due to our shocking form. Some of the folk pining for a refund (and are without financial problems. eg, tight arses) wouldn't even have attended some or all of the remaining games.

All irrelevant. We’re charged the same price regardless of whether the league is beyond us or not

By your logic, dead duck games Per season should mean the club reimburse the fans a small amount then given there would be nothing to play for?

All irrelevant. We’re charged the same price regardless of whether the league is beyond us or not

By your logic, dead duck games Per season should mean the club reimburse the fans a small amount then given there would be nothing to play for?
Again you pick out the one part and ignore the rest.
There will be some folk (only some) looking for cash for games they wouldn't have attended.
I've got seats around me where I can more or less predict who'll be in attendance and who won't dependant on the opposition and importance.
That's what I was referring to in my post. Absolutely f uck all to do with ticket prices. (which is "irrelevant" to my point.)

Again you pick out the one part and ignore the rest.
There will be some folk (only some) looking for cash for games they wouldn't have attended.
I've got seats around me where I can more or less predict who'll be in attendance and who won't dependant on the opposition and importance.
That's what I was referring to in my post. Absolutely f uck all to do with ticket prices. (which is "irrelevant" to my point.)

Whether they’d attend or not is still irrelevant.

They paid the money, they’re entitled to a refund.

Going round in circles here, I’m out

Just wondering how you go about getting season ticket refund ? I've not been working since all the covid started , I'm self employed so not been bringing in a wage . Struggling for cash so haven't renewed my season ticket yet. But if I can get some money to put towards next season's ticket that would help me out a good bit. If I had been earning I wouldn't have asked for it but needs must unfortunately.
If you need the money to feed your family then it is no brainer and that IMO is why the Club is offering it,
Family come first and I respectively suggest you don't renew your ST as it looks like a few games will be BCD, especially if you have no income.
Ps are you not claiming your self-employment Grant? My friend has paid his ST with part of his payment

Tripe.

Middle of a pandemic, folk losing jobs etc and struggling with money. Football has taken a back seat for most folk.

A lot of bears annoyed at the way the club handled matters and the paltry £25 voucher offer. Add to that, we then splash £3m on a player.

I suspect some may think if we can afford to do that then the club can afford to reimburse folk for missed games whether they need the refund or not.

Take Rangers out of the equation. If this was any other business you paid for goods but didn’t receive in full, you’d rightfully request a refund
You are right, But this is Rangers

Another angle to consider here.

I don't blame anyone for taking the refund if they've fallen on hard times.

Should they get credited with full season ticket points for MyGers last season?

I've no opinion either way. Just wondering what people's thoughts were.

I’m not sure the club have done too well here.

The fact it wasn’t even mentioned in the renewal element was disappointing.

SR confirms, you can have one if you want as part of the interview.

One way to potentially offset it; you could roll the £100 per person as equity into the club, granted via Club1872.

It would strengthen fan position, open up new shareholders in C1872, whilst recognising the contribution as more than simply a donation.

That is a great idea mate.

If you need the money to feed your family then it is no brainer and that IMO is why the Club is offering it,
Family come first and I respectively suggest you don't renew your ST as it looks like a few games will be BCD, especially if you have no income.
Ps are you not claiming your self-employment Grant? My friend has paid his ST with part of his payment
Yes I claimed grant but grant wasn't that much tbh . We had to use the grant to basically clear our feet . I really don't want to give my season ticket up as I have had it since 2004 . But I don't know if I am going to be able to afford it . The refund would certainly help a bit tho . Hopefully I can get back working soon and be in a better position in a few weeks time.

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed response. However, I wasn't talking specifically about you at all mate. I've seen several posters on this and other threads saying about putting the refund towards a season ticket for next year. When you say 'if I cant afford to renew then I won't' then we are actually agreeing. That's exactly what I'm suggesting to folk.

Those who want the refund are entitled to claim it. I've no problem with that whatsoever. Its their call whether they do or not. What I'm saying is if that is the case then just say so. However, for me, if that £150 is the difference between having a season ticket next season and not having one then it suggests that finances are, to say the least, stretched. Anyone in that position might want to pause and question not whether they ask for a refund but, more relevantly, whether the best use of it when they do get it is simply to plough it back into another season ticket that won't see them get to games again.
thank God we have you as the resident financial advisor to everyone on here. Here's a thought, why don't you take your personal views and keep them to yourself? Embarassing.

thank God we have you as the resident financial advisor to everyone on here. Here's a thought, why don't you take your personal views and keep them to yourself? Embarassing.

Who appointed you The Censor? I will offer my views as I see fit. If you don’t like them feel free to debate or ignore. I’m not fussed either way. It’s why we are here. Embarrassing.

What he is saying isn't unreasonable. If you need the £100 that much for a season ticket then maybe people in that situation would be better leaving the season ticket, jumping round their mates for the games and keeping the money for more important things.

Or some people may choose to plough every last penny they have into the club. It's their call.

But what the poster is saying isn't wide and it is based in logic.

I don't have a season ticket but there should be a refund option for folk that need it. No judgement for those unfortunate enough to be in that situation.

Plenty other clubs in the league offering refunds
It seems incredible that we criticise the fans who are at the bottom of this professional football cycle, whilst others expect to be untouched by this situation. Fans queueing up to have a pop at each other. Sickening, zero solidarity.

Who appointed you The Censor? I will offer my views as I see fit. If you don’t like them feel free to debate or ignore. I’m not fussed either way. It’s why we are here. Embarrassing.
You continue to advise other fans on how they should spend their income according to your view. i'm fucking mortified that you would continue down this path.

All I will say is it this , if you need the refund by all
means go ahead . BUT you’ll probably find the next time we are at Hampden and play the Mhanks in semi/final you won’t get a ticket . Obv the club won’t come out and say this but I’ve a suspicion you’ll be marked
That would be a very stupid thing for the board even to consider.

You continue to advise other fans on how they should spend their income according to your view. i'm fucking mortified that you would continue down this path.

As an ‘auld c*nt’ who’s been through both good and bad times financially then I reckon my views on having second thoughts on a purchase thats desirable rather than essential offer some wise advice.

I will repeat, for clarity, if folk feel they want a refund then they should apply for it. I just find the idea of saying that the £150 will make the difference between getting a season ticket for next year or not baffling. If I was just £150 short of the funds for a season ticket and couldn’t raise it I’d be more concerned about my wider financial picture. That’s all I’m saying and I don’t consider that view unreasonable. We clearly don’t agree. C’est la vie.

No issue for me if anyone wants or needs a refund for last season. Each to their own and shame on any of you who preach that doing so is not right.

Next season... at this point we should not be getting charged different season ticket prices for next season's fixtures, fixtures that in all likely hood will be closed doors. Rangers are making a mistake here in charging different rates.
For example, They are taking £718 off me and £500 off others ( more off others?)
Right now, we are all armchair fans for next season. We should all be paying the EXACT same armchair season ticket fee.
My wife is doing her dinger at me giving Rangers the best part of £900 (me and my son) when there is in reality no probability of getting what I paid for. She quite rightly can't understand the emotional attachment but instead looks at our family finances and on face value giving away £900 when reality is that I could pick up any game I want for less on TV (Rtv)/(IPTV) etc etc.
I'm gifting Rangers money at a time when my employer is effectively about to force me to take unpaid holiday as a cost cutting measure between July and October. Approx £600 per month is how that will hit me.
I need to cut my cloth accordingly. Is gifting Rangers full bhoona for something I'm not getting wise at this point? Probably not. Certainly not if you're looking through my wife's eyes.
  • Will I do it? , yes! I'll live with the bitches earache!
  • Am I happy to pay £718 for a closed doors? No!
  • Will I be expecting a refund on that £718 at the end of next season? Yes, I will. My ticket should never have been sold to me at £718. It should have been sold at the 'arm chair season ticket rate'..
  • What is that rate? It's the price of the worst adult seat in the house.
  • Closed doors, full season, I will be looking for the difference between my seats price and the cheapest seat in the house at the end of this season if it's full season closed doors. I don't expect to be paying £718 for my armchair ticket when someone else is paying £500 as his armchair rate.
  • If we are all home and watching on TV, we should all be paying the EXACT same price*
  • If it's a full season closed doors, there is still an argument that a refund may be due for that also at the end of next season.. Same as there is right now.
  • *Rangers should be selling us all an armchair season ticket only right now I.m.o, with an added increment if we do manage to get bums on seats later (or) they should carry a rebate/ refund liability for the end of next season in their accounts.

I have a mate who supports St Boo. He has a season ticket, his son has a season ticket. He's already asking if he can cancel his ticket but keep his sons active. Why? Because he thinks he can get to see his team on their stream via the price of his sons ticket. He doesn't care in the slightest that his season ticket price will be lost to his club.
Technically, His son is entitled to watch via his virtual season ticket. Daddy can watch for 'free'.
He'll get what he pays for, if they survive.

We need to support where we can and I'm sure we will but we should be paying for what we get, not what we wanted.
Great post. I'm in the same boat, 2 tickets at £720. One of the dearest out with Bar72.

I happily pay this because I've got a good seats and that's my choice, but why should I pay more when I'll be watching from my couch. As you say there should be a blanket fee for all seats until we're allowed back into Ibrox. If it helps the club take the full amount now but discount next season's ticket.

I feel for the Bar72 guys as well. We're effectively hitting them with a huge increase knowing they won't be able to attend a match anytime soon

@Greg Marshall - can we get assurance that those who apply for the refund wont be penalised in some of the ways suggested here (reduction of MyGers points, looked at less favourably in ballot etc)? Appreciate this is a tricky position.

@Greg Marshall - can we get assurance that those who apply for the refund wont be penalised in some of the ways suggested here (reduction of MyGers points, looked at less favourably in ballot etc)? Appreciate this is a tricky position.

You’re being awfully generous/favourable here.

It’s not a tricky situation - doing anything remotely like that to fans is absolutely shocking practice.

I doubt Rangers will do that, tbh. It would be a serious own goal.

You’re being awfully generous/favourable here.

It’s not a tricky situation - doing anything remotely like that to fans is absolutely shocking practice.

I doubt Rangers will do that, tbh. It would be a serious own goal.
Meant more a tricky situation for Greg to look into that rather than the club, I totally agree it would be out of order. I didn’t even consider it as a possibility on first glance then after reading a few suggestions I was thinking it over.

Those preaching about not taking the refund remind me of militant vegans spouting about their perceived moral obligation to anyone who’ll listen.

I can see the arguments both sides and think the overall takeaway is that people should make a decision that sits right with them whatever that may be.

It seems incredible that we criticise the fans who are at the bottom of this professional football cycle, whilst others expect to be untouched by this situation. Fans queueing up to have a pop at each other. Sickening, zero solidarity.

Solidarity? It’s fucking Rangers we’re talking about here, not the rage against Nippy’s natzi’s or Lawell’s poodles.
If I was inclined to practice solidarity it would be with Rangers and not fans who crave rebates that don’t need them.

People who are saying someone requesting a refund of 100 quid is costing us our title chances need reminded that Brandon Barker is on 10k a week.
No, they are not suggesting “someone” taking £100 would affect title chances, 40,000 people taking 100 quid certainly would.

But arguably anyone applying could only get 75% MyGers points for last season season ticket which may impact the allocation in a similar way.

It wouldn't work. Season tickets have a very wide price range but are worth the same points. Even with a refund some would still be paying more then others I guess

Theres a solid argument for people to not get as many MyGers points credited mate. I'm not saying I agree with it.

Flip it round and look at it as a reward rather than a "punishment"- don't you think someone who paid 100% of last year's ticket deserves to be rewarded a little more than someone who paid 75%? Especially since MyGers is based, in the first instance, on ticket purchases.

Back