Season ticket refund ?

It wouldn't work. Season tickets have a very wide price range but are worth the same points. Even with a refund some would still be paying more then others I guess

This is a fair point. But MyGers doesn't account for dearer season tickets. Just if you buy one.

As I said in the post above this one, look at it as a reward for those who leave their money in rather than as a punishment for those who take their money out (which I fully support if they need it btw) and there is logic behind it.

No, they are not suggesting “someone” taking £100 would affect title chances, 40,000 people taking 100 quid certainly would.
There are now some fans suggesting that there should be an all round standard on season ticket prices until we are allowed back in Ibrox.
That would entail a discount on the following seasons ticket price.
What are your thoughts on this?

I'm sure the bottlers in the Rangers squad will be happy to read this thread as there no chance they will be losing any of their wages and will be looking at upgrading the Lamborghini's etc for being average players but we are quick to condemn any fan that ask's for help/ refund during a Pandemic. I have been on the forum since 2004 and never put anyone on ignore list until this thread/post. :mad:

For years we couldn’t buy strips (or atleast the club hardly made a penny from it) and most fans were asking “how can I give the club some money”

Well this is your chance....

Leave your money with the club (if you can) and we might be looking at more signings like Hagi and beyond. If not, then it might be more players like Barker.
Stewart Robertson practically said as much in his interview.

I'm sure the bottlers in the Rangers squad will be happy to read this thread as there no chance they will be losing any of their wages and will be looking at upgrading the Lamborghini's etc for being average players but we are quick to condemn any fan that ask's for help/ refund during a Pandemic. I have been on the forum since 2004 and never put anyone on ignore list until this thread/post. :mad:

We must be the only club in world football who constantly moan about our employees getting paid.

We must be the only club in world football who constantly moan about our employees getting paid.
Have they won any Trophies yet? Have they chucked away 2 league title bids after the winter break? Wouldn't have a problem with the Players wage's if they won trophies but they haven't.

Have they won any Trophies yet? Have they chucked away 2 league title bids after the winter break? Wouldn't have a problem with the Players wage's if they won trophies but they haven't.

None of that is relevant to a contract they signed mate. They are not the villians in all this. It's not even as if several clubs have renegotiated their players contracts and we haven't.

The players/management getting wages seems to be a real bone of contention on here since the division 3 days.

None of that is relevant to a contract they signed mate. They are not the villians in all this. It's not even as if several clubs have renegotiated their players contracts and we haven't.

The players/management getting wages seems to be a real bone of contention on here since the division 3 days.
I see where your coming from mate but i suppose that's for another thread.

There are now some fans suggesting that there should be an all round standard on season ticket prices until we are allowed back in Ibrox.
That would entail a discount on the following seasons ticket price.
What are your thoughts on this?
Again, I’m not keen on taking money from Rangers.
That’s only my opinion.
Unlike last season, I knew exactly what I signed up for this season.

@Greg Marshall - can we get assurance that those who apply for the refund wont be penalised in some of the ways suggested here (reduction of MyGers points, looked at less favourably in ballot etc)? Appreciate this is a tricky position.

At no point in the discussions on it was any such punishment ever thought of or spoken about.

The intention is that if a fan needs the money they can get it back. Selfishly the fan in me wants as few refunds as possible so that we can spend that money on the first team but to be clear it will not affect your status. Nor will the £25 voucher if fans choose to go down that route instead of a refund.

Irrelevant, really

I’ve got a gym membership that I don’t make use of.

IF Ithe owners of the gym are considering applications for refunds during the 3 months (+) that it will be closed, should I be excluded from the refund initiative because I’m not making use of the services offered by the gym that I’ve paid for?

Apologies if You ve misunderstood the crux of your response to Delboy.

Anyone who wants a refund should get it regardless of there circumstances it’s the right thing to do from the club I’m lucky to be able to purchase my season ticket my Gers etc but others are less fortunate and I would never judge anybody for asking for a refund or a voucher .

At no point in the discussions on it was any such punishment ever thought of or spoken about.

The intention is that if a fan needs the money they can get it back. Selfishly the fan in me wants as few refunds as possible so that we can spend that money on the first team but to be clear it will not affect your status. Nor will the £25 voucher if fans choose to go down that route instead of a refund.
It's not selfish at all Greg.
I have been one of those wanting the club to offer refunds while not wishing to have one myself.

If there's little uptake on the offer, then we can take that as a positive for the club financially but it also says that our fans are generally doing alright.

You're ultimately correct, it's not the players' fault nor responsibility to take wage cuts here.

However, I think in the context of a debate where people taking a refund for STs that were not fulfilled are being accused of costing the team a chance at silverware, you can understand the point some are making on that.

Fans who have actively being putting significant money in relative terms INTO the club for years, even decades, being vilified and chastised for the "unforgiveable" act of taking (again relatively) paltry amounts back which they are entitled to. While the players who are being paid much more significant sums OUT of the club's bank balance and have delivered no silverware, while those fans ploughed their hard-earned cash in at 100%, are not factoring into the same arguments.

You're ultimately correct, it's not the players' fault nor responsibility to take wage cuts here.

However, I think in the context of a debate where people taking a refund for STs that were not fulfilled are being accused of costing the team a chance at silverware, you can understand the point some are making on that.

Fans who have actively being putting significant money in relative terms INTO the club for years, even decades, being vilified and chastised for the "unforgiveable" act of taking (again relatively) paltry amounts back which they are entitled to. While the players who are being paid much more significant sums OUT of the club's bank balance and have delivered no silverware, while those fans ploughed their hard-earned cash in at 100%, are not factoring into the same arguments.
Thanks for the quote, not so much your version of it though.

I've been banging the drum throughout the thread that I'm only referring to folk that can afford to leave their cash in, but choose not to.

Tight arses in other words and I make no apology for that label.

100% correct regarding the players wages however I do think it would've been the right thing to do to take a cut (not a deferral) under the circumstances. Not just us but other clubs as well.

The Club say they need the money & posters on here say we need to do our bit to bring in as much revenue as possible to compete by not taking a refund if you don't need it which is also true but it works both ways.

The fact they haven't doesn't really sit well with me.

Thanks for the quote, not so much your version of it though.

I've been banging the drum throughout the thread that I'm only referring to folk that can afford to leave their cash in, but choose not to.

Tight arses in other words and I make no apology for that label.

I never said otherwise. I'm talking about your reference to "tight arses". I don't care about your apology, much like I doubt anyone cares about whether you'd forgive them to be honest.

You can have your opinion, you're entitled to it, just as fans are entitled to take a refund even if it's not because they can't afford not to.

What if you sent the email to get the £25 voucher (and already had a response saying it’s been added to your account), then you later find out about this refund and would rather go for that?

Is it tough luck, too late and your stuck with the £25 voucher.

What if you sent the email to get the £25 voucher (and already had a response saying it’s been added to your account), then you later find out about this refund and would rather go for that?

Is it one or the other? I didn't realise that. Thought refund would simply be relative to last season and £25 was for renewal for next.

I’d email to advise them you no longer want the voucher and would rather a refund.

Ultimately we only got advised of a refund a few days ago so ...

I never said otherwise. I'm talking about your reference to "tight arses". I don't care about your apology, much like I doubt anyone cares about whether you'd forgive them to be honest.

You can have your opinion, you're entitled to it, just as fans are entitled to take a refund even if it's not because they can't afford not to.
Continually telling us that they are "entitled" to a refund is hardly an earth shattering revelation. Everybody knows that. We are arguing the finer points of why they should or shouldn't.
My argument is that I want as many people as possible to forego their refund.
I want cash spent on decent players, I want to win a league.
If you're desperately short of cash then there isn't an argument.

I have an old football team mate friend (season ticket holder)who's comfortably well off but he's tighter than OJ Simpson's glove.
I don't even need to ask him what his intentions are regarding a refund. He'll be first in line for the rebate. I'm very aware that he's "entitled"to it. He's still a miserable tight arse though and money is his God.

Sorry, but I'm firmly on the side of the guy who's "entitled" to his rebate but doesn't take it.

Last edited:
100% correct regarding the players wages however I do think it would've been the right thing to do to take a cut (not a deferral) under the circumstances. Not just us but other clubs as well.

The Club say they need the money & posters on here say we need to do our bit to bring in as much revenue as possible to compete by not taking a refund if you don't need it which is also true but it works both ways.

The fact they haven't doesn't really sit well with me.

I suppose the difference is that players are employees. If your work said we can only keep you in your job if you take a pay cut, you'd have a big decision to make. For most of us we might look at how big a cut they were asking, how would that impact on your life and whether you could get another job for better money rather than take the cut.

Players would be no different, but I suspect they'd have a better prospect of alternative employment than the average punter in the current climate. So their loyalty to the club in making a sacrifice like that would have a greater likelihood of taking a back seat.

I still think that too many fans have overly-romanticised notions of the relationship between fans, clubs, players in the modern day. As much as it would be nice to think a player would take a significant cut of a big salary out of love for the club, there's a harsh reality as well that many/most of them would probably be more likely to be for the off - especially with the economic storm brewing across the nation.

Continually telling us that they are "entitled" to a refund is hardly an earth shattering revelation. Everybody knows that. We are arguing the finer points of why they should or shouldn't.
My argument is that I want as few people as possible to forego their refund.
I want cash spent on decent players, I want to win a league.
If you're desperately short of cash then there isn't an argument.

I have an old football team mate friend (season ticket holder)who's comfortably well off but he's tighter than OJ Simpson's glove.
I don't even need to ask him what his intentions are regarding a refund. He'll be first in line for the rebate. I'm very aware that he's "entitled"to it. He's still a miserable tight arse and money is his God.

Sorry, but I'm firmly on the side of the guy who's "entitled" to his rebate but doesn't take it.

Continually telling us folk are "tight arses" for taking their money back is literally no different.

We know what side you're on - you've made it clear many times. You think it's "unforgiveable"...

I don't believe you.

You kind of slipped up when you referenced calling "us folk" tight arses.
Enjoy your windfall.

I don't care if you believe me. I never slipped up - your reading did. You have been telling us that folk are tight arses, not telling us that us folk are.

Again, swing away though. You're wrong. I'm not claiming it, I said many times before it was even confirmed the cub was offering on other threads that I wouldn't look for a refund.

You just keep firing accusations and names at other bears though.

I don't care if you believe me. I never slipped up - your reading did. You have been telling us that folk are tight arses, not telling us that us folk are.

Again, swing away though. You're wrong. I'm not claiming it, I said many times before it was even confirmed the cub was offering on other threads that I wouldn't look for a refund.

You just keep firing accusations and names at other bears though.
Okay, apologies for misreading it, but do you seriously think there are no tight arses amongst those taking rebates and that everyone that does are all needy?

Okay, apologies for misreading it, but do you seriously think there are no tight arses amongst those taking rebates and that everyone that does are all needy?

My point is that whether someone is a tight arse, just believes they paid for something they didn't get ands wants it back on principle or genuinely needs the money under the circumstances is none of my business. I don't think for a second everyone who claims it will need it to get by, but I also have a pragmatic view of the relationship between the club and its customers (which is what we are).

I'm not going to get angry at someone for not putting the club's finances as the bigger priority because it's not my place to tell someone what they should do with their own hard-earned cash.

Some supporters are exceptionally passionate about it and can't see past Rangers being all that matters. Others a bit less and some are very casual about it altogether. Each to their own.

Once we start going down the road of attacking folk for this kind of thing, or telling them they can't complain about performances, etc, where does that leave non-ST holders? What about fans who don't go to games at all?

Is our worldwide fanbase working on a means-tested or circumstantial tiered basis where you only get to have an opinion or view on the team and performance if you've met a level of financial input? I'm afraid that's not how it works in any sport or at any club. We have a fanbase that is huge and people are all different but contribute on some level to that collective and the club's reach/presence.

It's what it is and I genuinely don't feel that being a ST holder makes me any better than anyone else who calls him/herself a bear, nor does it mean I'll blame them if the team doesn't win.

PS - I also think it will be a minority who will claim and that most of that minority are likely to do it out necessity, rather than anything else. Which is good for the club.

My point is that whether someone is a tight arse, just believes they paid for something they didn't get ands wants it back on principle or genuinely needs the money under the circumstances is none of my business. I don't think for a second everyone who claims it will need it to get by, but I also have a pragmatic view of the relationship between the club and its customers (which is what we are).

I'm not going to get angry at someone for not putting the club's finances as the bigger priority because it's not my place to tell someone what they should do with their own hard-earned cash.

Some supporters are exceptionally passionate about it and can't see past Rangers being all that matters. Others a bit less and some are very casual about it altogether. Each to their own.

Once we start going down the road of attacking folk for this kind of thing, or telling them they can't complain about performances, etc, where does that leave non-ST holders? What about fans who don't go to games at all?

Is our worldwide fanbase working on a means-tested or circumstantial tiered basis where you only get to have an opinion or view on the team and performance if you've met a level of financial input? I'm afraid that's not how it works in any sport or at any club. We have a fanbase that is huge and people are all different but contribute on some level to that collective and the club's reach/presence.

It's what it is and I genuinely don't feel that being a ST holder makes me any better than anyone else who calls him/herself a bear, nor does it mean I'll blame them if the team doesn't win.

PS - I also think it will be a minority who will claim and that most of that minority are likely to do it out necessity, rather than anything else. Which is good for the club.
I think everything you've said there is all actually very valid if we (the club) were on a sound financial footing, but there could be dire consequences in these times and we really don't want to reverse along the road we've just come from.

I'm calling it a day for this thread.
I hope you're correct with your last sentence.

Last edited:
Yes I claimed grant but grant wasn't that much tbh . We had to use the grant to basically clear our feet . I really don't want to give my season ticket up as I have had it since 2004 . But I don't know if I am going to be able to afford it . The refund would certainly help a bit tho . Hopefully I can get back working soon and be in a better position in a few weeks time.
Best of luck to you, there are going to be a lot of people struggling until we get clear of this

I’ve got a gym membership that I don’t make use of.

IF Ithe owners of the gym are considering applications for refunds during the 3 months (+) that it will be closed, should I be excluded from the refund initiative because I’m not making use of the services offered by the gym that I’ve paid for?

Apologies if You ve misunderstood the crux of your response to Delboy.
My belief is quite simple in all this, if any company owes you money, claim it back unless it's Rangers and you can afford to leave it,

If you need the money, then you need the money. If your fortunate enough to be able to afford it then don't. Tbh if we win 55 this year no one will be caring about refunds.

Might have thought about claiming however with the savings I have made during lockdown in petrol and other things don't have to.
Have renewed and applied for the £25 as I will use it towards MyGers membership.

Might have thought about claiming however with the savings I have made during lockdown in petrol and other things don't have to.
Have renewed and applied for the £25 as I will use it towards MyGers membership.
Can you use the 25 quid against the next installment of next seasons ticket?

My view - If any supporter needs or indeed wants a refund claim it - If cash is tight then the players need to take a cut. Most of us will be buying a ticket for next season to sit in our front lounge
It's hardly one big family. I could do with the cash and held off. The fact we are sitting on our arses as the reconstruction is gerrymandered through has pushed me to taking the money. I'll sleep on it till we see how this pans out but I've never felt more disenfranchised from the club.

Does anyone know how much the refund is?
i presume it would depend on cost of your ST. I still think giving those who do not take refund the equivalent in shares would be good or increase c1872 shareholding by that equivalent after all not taking refund is the same effectively as giving loans to the club which were later converted to shares £100 refund for 45,000 or so ST holders is £4.5m would help c1872 maintain the percentage shareholding

If you need the cash - take it.
If you don’t need it - leave it.

If you don’t need it but think the cash will be handy towards a new hot-tub, BBQ or patio set, then go for it.
Each to their own.... But make sure you’re putting the boot into the patio set, BBQ or hot-tub instead of the club if you find yourself moaning about the quality of player we’ve brought in next season.

It’s hard times for everyone but whoever claims the £25 voucher really needs to take a long hard look at themselves and ask what’s more for more important a £25 voucher we can’t hardly spend on anything or a better chance of us winning silverware?
I know what my answer is

It’s hard times for everyone but whoever claims the £25 voucher really needs to take a long hard look at themselves and ask what’s more for more important a £25 voucher we can’t hardly spend on anything or a better chance of us winning silverware?
I know what my answer is
I paid 1000 for my season ticket and sons x2 , adult, concession and child. I have claimed 1 x 25 and not 3 x 25 which I could have. I am going to use it to do the Ibrox tour for me and 2 sons. Which I think having paid 1000 last season and 1000 for the season ahead is justifiable. It does not cost the club. If i didn't have the voucher I wouldn't do the tour as done it over 10 times. I have looked myself in the mirror but I should have looked in yours first i guess. Does this harm the clubs chances of silverware by spending 2 grand the past year and claiming a free tour (25 voucher)???

I paid 1000 for my season ticket and sons x2 , adult, concession and child. I have claimed 1 x 25 and not 3 x 25 which I could have. I am going to use it to do the Ibrox tour for me and 2 sons. Which I think having paid 1000 last season and 1000 for the season ahead is justifiable. It does not cost the club. If i didn't have the voucher I wouldn't do the tour as done it over 10 times. I have looked myself in the mirror but I should have looked in yours first i guess. Does this harm the clubs chances of silverware by spending 2 grand the past year and claiming a free tour (25 voucher)???
Well it certainly doesn’t help if you and 30,000 do that.
For the sake of £25 I really don’t see the point.

Back