Season ticket refund ?

Wouldn't surprise me if it was just a £25 refund...I say this because on the refund form it says if you have already requested the £25 voucher, you are not entitled to claim for the refund...that to me is rotten because fans who had applied for the voucher before any notification of a refund have now been "done" so to speak....

Well it should. Since the SLO @Greg Marshall has already confirmed that to be bollocks.

Afternoon

You can claim a £25 voucher or request a refund. The refund value will be dependant on season ticket price every one will different for different areas of the stadium.

Regards

Karen Sneddon | Ticket Centre Administrator

That's not what I'm disagreeing with. I'm well aware that if you claim the voucher you cannot claim the full refund. I pointed out that the poster suggesting that the FULL refund would only be £25 was incorrect. As confirmed by the SLO.

That's not what I'm disagreeing with. I'm well aware that if you claim the voucher you cannot claim the full refund. I pointed out that the poster suggesting that the FULL refund would only be £25 was incorrect. As confirmed by the SLO.
I didn’t post it as a disagreement. I was just confirming the SLO's post.

Fair enough..doesn’t stop me from thinking though that if folk had gone ahead and redeemed a £25 voucher, they would have missed out on a refund which would have been of more use in these times..

Only 2% of Falkirk season ticket holders claimed a refund. Hibs just short of 15% apparently. Wonder what we will hit?

Last edited:
If you can afford to forego it then you should.

We are about to embark on the biggest season of our lives and to take money out of the club is unforgivable.

Edit... I've had to edit this post in order to draw attention to the first sentence for fresh FFers viewing the thread. The complete inability of certain posters to digest it is doing my fecking nut in. :))

Obviously the guy can't afford it.

Only 2% of Falkirk season ticket holders claimed a refund. Hibs just short of 15% apparently. Wonder what we will hit?
Going by this thread there will be a good number. The club couldn’t have been more clear that they would like it to be in extreme circumstances only but unfortunately there will be many just claiming what they can. Before this thread I would have expected about 2%.

No doubt some of these who don’t really need it will still be demanding quality on the park this year as the fans have done their bit.

I think your post was so insensitive you should be ashamed of yourself Shengus
I've made it very clear on numerous occasions I'm not referring to bears in need.
I most certainly am not ashamed for having a go at fans who can well afford to leave the refund.

Never.

What will happen with regards to these refunds/vouchers if Hearts' upcoming litigation results in the 19/20 season being restarted and played to a conclusion?

What will happen with regards to these refunds/vouchers if Hearts' upcoming litigation results in the 19/20 season being restarted and played to a conclusion?
Probably nothing as it will be BCD more than likely

So unable to watch via Rangers TV then?
Who knows but too many complications to factor that in especially where there are multiple season tickets in households. Will they turn it on and off for those who don't or do take it?

The game against them and possibly one other home game could be on Sky/BT as part of the contract so it might only be 3 meaningless games in the grand scheme of things. Given the way things have panned out they would be better making them free on rangers TV to ST holders. Worst case scenario to buy them individually would be a lot less than the refund anyway.

They won’t start sending out refund cheques until after the end of June cut off date. Things will probably, might, hopefully, fingers crossed, be a bit clearer by then.

@Greg Marshall - can we get assurance that those who apply for the refund wont be penalised in some of the ways suggested here (reduction of MyGers points, looked at less favourably in ballot etc)? Appreciate this is a tricky position.

At no point in the discussions on it was any such punishment ever thought of or spoken about.

The intention is that if a fan needs the money they can get it back. Selfishly the fan in me wants as few refunds as possible so that we can spend that money on the first team but to be clear it will not affect your status. Nor will the £25 voucher if fans choose to go down that route instead of a refund.

Appreciate this is a tricky position but what I suggested in first post is effectively being done, increasing the MyGers points for those that don’t apply for refund means that those who have applied are having their point worth reduced. Really disappointed at this decision by the club, only found out about it while reading a BBC news article as well

Appreciate this is a tricky position but what I suggested in first post is effectively being done, increasing the MyGers points for those that don’t apply for refund means that those who have applied are having their point worth reduced. Really disappointed at this decision by the club, only found out about it while reading a BBC news article as well
I think it was the right decision.

Nobody is being punished here.

Those that need the money are getting a refund circa £125.

And those that let the club keep the money are getting rewarded for it through MyGers points.

Completely fair in the circumstances.

I choose to view it as those who didn’t take the full refund being rewarded.

It’s a loyalty scheme, with those who put most into the Club getting the most benefits. Whilst I appreciate that some are in dire straits and find themselves needing to take the full refund, that takes money out of the Club. It doesn’t mean that those who choose not to take that action should not be rewarded for leaving their cash with the Club. It’s a reward for those who get it, not a punishment for those who don’t.

And those that let the club keep the money are getting rewarded for it through MyGers points.

It’s a loyalty scheme, with those who put most into the Club getting the most benefits. Whilst I appreciate that some are in dire straits and find themselves needing to take the full refund, that takes money out of the Club. It doesn’t mean that those who choose not to take that action should not be rewarded for leaving their cash with the Club. It’s a reward for those who get it, not a punishment for those who don’t.
Think I’ve covered why I disagree in the original post but I can appreciate the view point. I suppose it shows the club is willing to be flexible based on fan feedback which is a good thing, but I’d rather issues such as this were fully thought out before going live.

Given that this points issue wasn’t mentioned prior to folk claiming the refund and potentially joining MyGers, I think the club would have to seriously give consideration as to letting folk cancel their mygers if they wish now that they could be 25 points behind most others on it, with no prior warning of it.

I’m not affected but this does seem like a last minute decision by the club and perhaps a rush of blood to the head decision.

Highly unlikely those that took a cash refund will want to be part of mygers now

Given that this points issue wasn’t mentioned prior to folk claiming the refund and potentially joining MyGers, I think the club would have to seriously give consideration as to letting folk cancel their mygers if they wish now that they could be 25 points behind most others on it, with no prior warning of it.

I’m not affected but this does seem like a last minute decision by the club and perhaps a rush of blood to the head decision.

Highly unlikely those that took a cash refund will want to be part of mygers now
This is what I’m thinking, I was close to not renewing never mind joining MyGers. Issues like this just make me absolutely scunnered with it all.

It’s a loyalty scheme, with those who put most into the Club getting the most benefits.

This makes it sound like an elite scheme where money talks. There are now pages of comments on another thread debating the same point.

The club put out a pretty lengthy FAQ on all of this and still there are a ton of questions which makes me say, sadly, that it is not the best thought out scheme. With all of the issues surrounding covid and not getting to games I will say again this was not the best time to introduce a tiered reward scheme.

Given the majority of points are coming from season ticket sales over the last 5 years I think folk are massively over reacting to this

Think I’ve covered why I disagree in the original post but I can appreciate the view point. I suppose it shows the club is willing to be flexible based on fan feedback which is a good thing, but I’d rather issues such as this were fully thought out before going live.
I think the best situation would have been to have both options on the table beforehand. But the club didn’t - for whatever reason.

They’ve obviously now realised they should reward those who haven’t requested a refund, which I completely agree with.

I’m not saying that those needing the money are any less worthy but that level of support should be acknowledged.

It's semantics. One man's reward is another man's punishment. The statement was " but to be clear it will not affect your status" and it clearly does. I can see why they are doing it but it may have influenced some joining Mygers if they are going to be further behind.

Given the majority of points are coming from season ticket sales over the last 5 years I think folk are massively over reacting to this
It depends how close you are to the cut off point. Would as many have joined if they knew they were in the lower tier with little chance of tickets?

It depends how close you are to the cut off point. Would as many have joined if they knew they were in the lower tier with little chance of tickets?
I don’t know the numbers that have applied but if you applied and really needed it then folk probably haven’t joined mygers or even been able to renew. If you really needed the money you wouldn’t care

those who applied for the refund but didn’t really need to can’t have it all ways. I have already seen someone wanting to cancel their refund request so they probably didn’t need it.

This makes it sound like an elite scheme where money talks. There are now pages of comments on another thread debating the same point.

The club put out a pretty lengthy FAQ on all of this and still there are a ton of questions which makes me say, sadly, that it is not the best thought out scheme. With all of the issues surrounding covid and not getting to games I will say again this was not the best time to introduce a tiered reward scheme.

Being a football supporter who regularly goes to games and buys merchandise etc is an elite position.

It's not the 60s anymore when it was "the working man's game"

Unfortunately, it is money now which makes a club tick. As a byproduct of that, people who put more in, when there's limited tickets are rewarded.

It's just like presale links for concerts. Where a demand exceeds the availability, people on reward schemes get first dibs.

It's the modern World.

I think a few people who were quick to make excuses for why they definitely should take the refund are showing themselves up a bit saying they could now cancel it and take the points instead. Maybe they weren't so desperate after all.

I'd rather they did though because the more money in the club, the better

Last edited:

Money talks in every part of the game for supporters. It’s how the club generates revenue.

You could say the exact same about a season ticket. Those with a decent level job can afford one while the average fan on a minimum wage job isn’t able to go and see his team.

That’s modern football.

Rangers and every other club in the world are interested in the supporters who give them money. That’s never going to change.

I think the best situation would have been to have both options on the table beforehand. But the club didn’t - for whatever reason.

They’ve obviously now realised they should reward those who haven’t requested a refund, which I completely agree with.

It would have been portrayed as being a bribe by the club to keep people's money.

The scheme is also still in its infancy. I said this before but it's not going to be perfect immediately. It has been created to try and solution to a problem.

People are going OTT at literally every single thing as regards MyGers. It's ridiculous.

Money talks in every part of the game for supporters. It’s how the club generates revenue.

You could say the exact same about a season ticket. Those with a decent level job can afford one while the average fan on a minimum wage job isn’t able to go and see his team.

That’s modern football.

Rangers and every other club in the world are interested in the supporters who give them money. That’s never going to change.
Whatever happened to "We're all in this together?"
That should be changed to "We're all in this together, if you can afford it"

It would have been portrayed as being a bribe by the club to keep people's money.

The scheme is also still in its infancy. I said this before but it's not going to he perfect immediately. It has been created to try and solution to a problem.

People are going OTT at literally every single thing as regards MyGers. It's ridiculous.
You’re probably right. The club can’t win either way.

I’m not saying I agree with it.

I’d love nothing more than to have an Ibrox where you walked up on the day, and paid in at £20 to stand wherever you wanted next to your mates/RSC. With a pint of beer in your hand.

But that doesn’t generate any of the sort of money the club are getting though season tickets and membership schemes.

I’m not saying I agree with it.

I’d love nothing more than to have an Ibrox where you walked up on the day, and paid in at £20 to stand wherever you wanted next to your mates/RSC. With a pint of beer in your hand.

But that doesn’t generate any of the sort of money the club are getting though season tickets and membership schemes.
I understand that mate but there are occasions when loyalty looks like a one way street.
I've witnessed it throughout the years so it's not a new thing.

"Damned if they do..." as far as the club goes.

It's all about money. Its just the way the World is.

People are being rewarded for helping the club. There's no point in having your nose out of joint as it's how things are.

It's like moaning a millionaire can afford a Ferrari but the rest of us can't.

It's not that people are being punished for being poor. People who are the life blood of the club (the supporters who are the biggest generator of income) are rewarded the more and more that they can put in.

That's the World.

I understand that mate but there are occasions when loyalty looks like a one way street.
I've witnessed it throughout the years so it's not a new thing.

Loyalty is a one way thing with a club. It's what being a football fan is about.

It's not a relationship where the other person gives you a cuddle.

Our reward is the team winning games on the park. That happens more when there is more money invested.

"Damned if they do..." as far as the club goes.

It's all about money. Its just the way the World is.

People are being rewarded for helping the club. There's no point in having your nose out of joint as it's how things are.

It's like moaning a millionaire can afford a Ferrari but the rest of us can't.

It's not that people are being punished for being poor. People who are the life blood of the club (the supporters who are the biggest generator of income) are rewarded the more and more that they can put in.

That's the World.
I’ve had nothing against those claiming the refund it’s offered but this unjustified stuff is mental. They’ve got £125 or whatever coming back we’ve got 25 MyGers points. I’m in the position I expect I’ll be gold but to me the club are giving a small thank you to those that paid a full season and not 3/4 of one.

Loyalty is a one way thing with a club. It's what being a football fan is about.

It's not a relationship where the other person gives you a cuddle.

Our reward is the team winning games on the park. That happens more when there is more money invested.
Until the winter break :)) Seriously though get me back ASAP

I’ve had nothing against those claiming the refund it’s offered but this unjustified stuff is mental. They’ve got £125 or whatever coming back we’ve got 25 MyGers points. I’m in the position I expect I’ll be gold but to me the club are giving a small thank you to those that paid a full season and not 3/4 of one.

Had this discussion with someone on Twitter earlier.

He's fizzing he's not getting the points and said it'll impact him for away ticket ballots.

Was one of those people who said they'd take the money as the £25 voucher was an insult.

Didn't like the question as to how he was able to afford away tickets but was so destitute he had to take the money back just now.

Like you, I've no issue with people who need it taking it in the current climate.

There are good few I've seen who did it for less than stellar reasons.

I didn't do it (much as I'd have liked the £150 having lost a bonus which would cover my ST payment due to Covid) because I wanted the club to have it.

I think it's right that people who took that view are given some sort of reward.

Had this discussion with someone on Twitter earlier.

He's fizzing he's not getting the points and said it'll impact him for away ticket ballots.

Was one of those people who said they'd take the money as the £25 voucher was an insult.

Didn't like the question as to how he was able to afford away tickets but was so destitute he had to take the money back just now.

Like you, I've no issue with people who need it taking it in the current climate.

There are good few I've seen who did it for less than stellar reasons.

I didn't do it (much as I'd have liked the £150 having lost a bonus which would cover my ST payment due to Covid) because I wanted the club to have it.

I think it's right that people who took that view are given some sort of reward.
A quick look at twitter and I’ve no idea how the SLO has the patience.

I totally agree with you mate.

Totally agree I haven't asked for a refund or the voucher I renewed my ST but I didn't buy mygers because I don't go to away games .
I think its correct that people who have done the same and then spent money on mygers should be rewarded for it .

Back