Season ticket refund ?

Money talks in every part of the game for supporters. It’s how the club generates revenue.

You could say the exact same about a season ticket. Those with a decent level job can afford one while the average fan on a minimum wage job isn’t able to go and see his team.

That’s modern football.

Rangers and every other club in the world are interested in the supporters who give them money. That’s never going to change.
I would agree with you and others but it's not normal times at present. I would say there are many, who have a decent salary level, struggling financially at the moment.
The membership scheme should have been postponed for a year.

I would agree with you and others but it's not normal times at present. I would say there are many, who have a decent salary level, struggling financially at the moment.
The membership scheme should have been postponed for a year.

One of the unintended consequences ( for football fans ) is Bears who can’t afford to renew will have to pay £50 a season to get back on the waiting list.

I get why Bears who are struggling are asking to be considered for a partial
refund.

I don’t know the numbers that have applied but if you applied and really needed it then folk probably haven’t joined mygers or even been able to renew. If you really needed the money you wouldn’t care

those who applied for the refund but didn’t really need to can’t have it all ways. I have already seen someone wanting to cancel their refund request so they probably didn’t need it.
That wasn't the point you were making though, you said it would have no impact when it clearly might and that could make a difference about whether a person joined the scheme or not.

Me and my dad renewed yesterday and bought mygers. Couple of questions re Mygers. Am i right in saying you need to be a members to get semi final and final tickets? And i thought it was supposed to be £50? Both of us were charged £40

That wasn't the point you were making though, you said it would have no impact when it clearly might and that could make a difference about whether a person joined the scheme or not.
I still agree it won’t make much difference

Me and my dad renewed yesterday and bought mygers. Couple of questions re Mygers. Am i right in saying you need to be a members to get semi final and final tickets? And i thought it was supposed to be £50? Both of us were charged £40
£10 discount for ST holders, unsure about other question.

I’ve no issue with people getting points for not taking the refund, what I do have an issue with is this not being communicated from the outset. I think most moaning about it are in the same boat. As previously stated I’m conflicted about that as it shows the club are willing to be flexible, but it could also be argued it shows poor foresight.

I didn’t NEED the refund, but I paid an amount to attend a set amount of games that didn’t take place and in my opinion the club could / should have done more to try and ensure that happened so I applied.

Maybe it’s due to the fact I work with varied businesses every day but if I look at the club pragmatically in the context of this situation I see it as a large corporate entity who I’m a customer of, but I can see how others don’t have that viewpoint at any stage.

I’ve no issue with people getting points for not taking the refund, what I do have an issue with is this not being communicated from the outset. I think most moaning about it are in the same boat. As previously stated I’m conflicted about that as it shows the club are willing to be flexible, but it could also be argued it shows poor foresight.

I didn’t NEED the refund, but I paid an amount to attend a set amount of games that didn’t take place and in my opinion the club could / should have done more to try and ensure that happened so I applied.

Maybe it’s due to the fact I work with varied businesses every day but if I look at the club pragmatically in the context of this situation I see it as a large corporate entity who I’m a customer of, but I can see how others don’t have that viewpoint at any stage.
I agree with what you’re saying but I still chose not to apply. I am glad they allowed those who needed it/wanted to take it.
I wonder if the reason the points were offered was because there was more demand for a refund than they thought

As noble as this approach is, reread the OP. No income for 3 months would leave most of in unimaginable financial difficulties.

It would. No income for 3 months is horrendous. And most of us would do the same as the OP and ask for the full refund. I’m not sure my priority would be putting it towards another season ticket though.

Last edited:
We have not renewed, 2 season tickets and mygers would have been over £1,000. With to much uncertainty over when / if we can attend games, and not defined process for refunds or partial refunds for games that you can't attend.

While I appreciate Rangers were offering a refund on last seasons ST, they made if complicated to get, why should we have to request it? Have you every been a few pence short buying a burger and a drink at the game, did they let you off with it? Or the ticket office letting you off with a few quid for a ticket, no. So why is it ok for ST holders to let rangers of with over £100 of ST last season and possibly more this season,

I can't see me going back into the office this year, going to the shops is stressful, the relaxation of lockdown does not mean that C-19 is no longer hear, it just means the R rate is low enough, mass gatherings of 50k will result in an increase to the R rate. You see the increases in localised area's of England and Scotland are evidence of this.

I can't see me going back into the office this year, going to the shops is stressful, the relaxation of lockdown does not mean that C-19 is no longer hear, it just means the R rate is low enough, mass gatherings of 50k will result in an increase to the R rate. You see the increases in localised area's of England and Scotland are evidence of this.

You are more than welcome to lock yourself away the rest of your days waiting on a vaccine that might never come if you want. The rest of us will get on with it and try and have a life.

We have not renewed, 2 season tickets and mygers would have been over £1,000. With to much uncertainty over when / if we can attend games, and not defined process for refunds or partial refunds for games that you can't attend.

While I appreciate Rangers were offering a refund on last seasons ST, they made if complicated to get, why should we have to request it? Have you every been a few pence short buying a burger and a drink at the game, did they let you off with it? Or the ticket office letting you off with a few quid for a ticket, no. So why is it ok for ST holders to let Rangers of with over £100 of ST last season and possibly more this season,

That’s perfectly reasonable mate.
there’ll be many in your shoes, it’s an uncertain time personally never mind looking at when we can attend football.
I do think we are at the end of the virus being pandemic state imo. If everyone does there part. We need to get the country back to some sort of normality for economic and mental health reasons mainly.

It would. No income for 3 months is horrendous. And most of us would do the same as the OP and ask for the full refund. I’m not sure my priority would be putting it towards another season ticket though.
The OP stated he was self employed, so should have claimed self employed support that paid 80% of his declared salary for 3 months and another 70% for another 30% for further 3 months.

This covered 90% of all self employed people. I personally fell into the 10% that was PAYE up until last year and as such miss both support schemes.

Everyone's personal circumstances should be considered but why I wasn't given sympathy in 2000 when my employer went bust and I couldn't afford a Season Ticket. I missed out for couple of years whilst on waiting list . Why then should people claiming refunds (100%acceptable to benefit their families) then get priority over those on Waiting list wishing to put into the club rather than take out.

You are more than welcome to lock yourself away the rest of your days waiting on a vaccine that might never come if you want. The rest of us will get on with it and try and have a life.

Not hiding away mate, but priorities at the moment is to be able to see my family, and friends more than sitting in a stadium surrounded by strangers, who may or may not be asymptomatic. Or paying for a seat I am not able to sit in as attendance is not allowed. Can continue work from home as long as I want, when they open the office will have the option to go in, but things will need to be a hell of a lot more stable than it is now for that to happen,

Not hiding away mate, but priorities at the moment is to be able to see my family, and friends more than sitting in a stadium surrounded by strangers, who may or may not be asymptomatic. Or paying for a seat I am not able to sit in as attendance is not allowed. Can continue work from home as long as I want, when they open the office will have the option to go in, but things will need to be a hell of a lot more stable than it is now for that to happen,

Totally understand and sympathise with your money worries mate but were going to have to learn to live with this and that will involve doing things we enjoy.

The OP stated he was self employed, so should have claimed self employed support that paid 80% of his declared salary for 3 months and another 70% for another 30% for further 3 months.

This covered 90% of all self employed people. I personally fell into the 10% that was PAYE up until last year and as such miss both support schemes.

Everyone's personal circumstances should be considered but why I wasn't given sympathy in 2000 when my employer went bust and I couldn't afford a Season Ticket. I missed out for couple of years whilst on waiting list . Why then should people claiming refunds (100%acceptable to benefit their families) then get priority over those on Waiting list wishing to put into the club rather than take out.

I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make to me here. I've said if the OP is in dire financial straits then its reasonable to claim the full refund. I've gone on to say that if I was in such dire financial straits and claiming the full refund then the question of renewing my season ticket would be way down my list of priorities. Family first if there's no income. I'd be giving up my season ticket in those circumstances, but each individual has to make their own decision on where their priorities lie.

What you appear to be saying in your final paragraph is that anyone claiming the full refund should not be entitled to renew their season ticket and should be at the back of the queue behind those on the Waiting List. That's pretty harsh.

To be honest it has been debated to death on here. It is all about choice and personal circumstances, nobody is forcing anyone into a decision, everyone will have their reasons for wanting to return or conversely, maybe not being able to, or not wanting to return.

@JW1988 has also hit the nail on the head with regards mental health, for me the unseen and unknown of this entire pandemic. Personally, I am desperate for some sort of return to normality while remaining cautious on how I go about daily life and what undoubtedly is a new normal.

I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to make to me here. I've said if the OP is in dire financial straits then its reasonable to claim the full refund. I've gone on to say that if I was in such dire financial straits and claiming the full refund then the question of renewing my season ticket would be way down my list of priorities. Family first if there's no income. I'd be giving up my season ticket in those circumstances, but each individual has to make their own decision on where their priorities lie.

What you appear to be saying in your final paragraph is that anyone claiming the full refund should not be entitled to renew their season ticket and should be at the back of the queue behind those on the Waiting List. That's pretty harsh.
Life is sometimes harsh and such people should prioritise their families over football. Just an opinion.

You won't be getting a refund. £25 voucher like the rest of us to put towards SOmething else

People can get refunds if they want. The £25 voucher is a token gesture for those who didn't bother taking a refund.

I think the club realise the pressure many folk like the OP will be under in the circumstances and have basically said not taking a refund is appreciated but not expected.

Never took a refund myself, could’ve done with it with no income and no savings but hopefully pick up a job soon.

Hopefully get the extra 25 MyGers points once the ticket office get in contact regarding a seat move, couldn’t afford club1872 at just under £1500.

just been told im being made redundant, already paid 2 installments of season ticket. will be struggle but will renew. a lot of us in same boat, and with news it could be october or beyond before i get to use the ticket this season is a big ask for many. job hunting on the go at moment.

Last edited:
just been told im being made redundant, already paid 2 installments of season ticket. will be struggle but will renew. a lot of us in same boat, and with news it could be october or beyond before i get to sue the ticket this season is a big ask for many. job hunting on the go at moment.

that horrible to hear mate. Hopefully you get work soon and you aren’t impacted too much

really feel for those in this sort of position

Just out of curiously, has anyone who had to apply for a refund had their cheque through?

that horrible to hear mate. Hopefully you get work soon and you aren’t impacted too much

really feel for those in this sort of position

Just out of curiously, has anyone who had to apply for a refund had their cheque through?
thanks mate, it was not unexpected but still a shock, i work in aviation and the industry is goosed for the forseable, so looking for other work. not been in this position as was in forces then this job for last 15 years.
i havent applied for a refund,not sure how it works.

just been told im being made redundant, already paid 2 installments of season ticket. will be struggle but will renew. a lot of us in same boat, and with news it could be october or beyond before i get to use the ticket this season is a big ask for many. job hunting on the go at moment.
Worth a post in the lounge to ask if anyone knows of anywhere hiring quickly?

At the moment post on here what you’re looking for mate. Never know who could be looking in and all the best
thanks mate, live in ayrshire, and been looking at driving jobs,delivery,amazon,dpd etc, or any company really, full time if possible. as i have said have worked in aviation, so not much experience in other areas. but like working on own,and driving seemed best option of getting back to work asap.

thanks mate, live in ayrshire, and been looking at driving jobs,delivery,amazon,dpd etc, or any company really, full time if possible. as i have said have worked in aviation, so not much experience in other areas. but like working on own,and driving seemed best option of getting back to work asap.
Hopefully this can get bumped and you never know who can see it. All the best mate

I’m sure the cut off date for refunds was the 30th of June.
I think it was the end of June but it’s possible the ticket office would look sympathetically on a late request from someone who has suddenly found themselves unemployed. It’s worth a try.

cheers mate,will try that when i get my post count up.
Mate get your post count up asap and put a thing. No doubt people will know. Also mate, Google m8 staffing and give them a phone. They recruit logistic staff etc have done through the whole lockdown period.

I have business costs that the first furlough money just about covered. The second furlough payment has not been paid out yet.

That’s four months now and no sign of work really starting back until the schools go back which is 5 weeks away

I am fortunate I had savings and have got by (just) and I renewed through the 10 month scheme with Premium Crefit

I actually didn’t bother with a refund as the £100ish is not going to make or break me but I understand others might not be as lucky. I didn’t bother with the £25 as I would have put it towards MyGers but decided not to join that as I no longer travel to away games

It really is simple. Everybody’s situation is unique to themselves and it is entirely up to the individual

Have people that applied for the refund been given the money back yet or have the club announced a definite timescale for when payments will be made? Poor show if they haven’t done that as folk will be trying to budget/manage cash flow etc.

Have people that applied for the refund been given the money back yet or have the club announced a definite timescale for when payments will be made? Poor show if they haven’t done that as folk will be trying to budget/manage cash flow etc.
I would like to know this too - the club know the number of renewals now so surely they can start the refund process now?

Mate get your post count up asap and put a thing. No doubt people will know. Also mate, Google m8 staffing and give them a phone. They recruit logistic staff etc have done through the whole lockdown period.
cheers mate,thanks for the info

I would like to know this too - the club know the number of renewals now so surely they can start the refund process now?
It's really nobody's business except the people who applied for a refund.

It's really nobody's business except the people who applied for a refund.

It’s a general discussion point on a Rangers forum, which supporters who are waiting on a refund may find useful if it’s answered, so what gives you the right to to decide if it’s someone’s business or not? If you don’t like or agree with the conversation post then you can ignore and jog on.

It’s a general discussion point on a Rangers forum, which supporters who are waiting on a refund may find useful if it’s answered, so what gives you the right to to decide if it’s someone’s business or not? If you don’t like or agree with the conversation post then you can ignore and jog on.
I don't do jogging and I don't do nosey

Back