Season ticket refunds.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
Let me state I don't want money back from Rangers if this season isn't completed.

If the SPFL stitch up continues though, would the league be on the hook for refunds?

We have contracts with the league which is the basis of selling season tickets. If the fixtures don't take place there's no fault with Rangers.
Our position has always been to get the games played.

Is this an avenue the club could explore?

As I said, I don't want a refund from Rangers.
If there's a chance of getting it back from the corrupt spfl though, I'd want every penny back.

I'd explore every single Avenue to hit back at the SPL if this vote shite is passed.

And anyone that wants to take the staunch stiff upper lip keep calm and carry on nonsense is needing their head checked.

As fans, on our watch we are about to see:

The governing body collude with clubs to demote us.

The same governing body collude with clubs to gift our rivals a title.

Read those two back, slowly.

What else needs to happen in this country for us to stand United against this crap. Unanimously united.

Waken up.

I'd explore every single Avenue to hit back at the SPL if this vote shite is passed.

And anyone that wants to take the staunch stiff upper lip keep calm and carry on nonsense is needing their head checked.

What else needs to happen in this country for us to stand United against this crap. Unanimously united.

Waken up.
It's depressing. Not only that, we have fans defending Livi's position and claiming they are voting in the interests of the club and their shareholders. It's staggering naivety. No doubt they also believe clubs voted us out in 2012 in their own interests too.

Let me state I don't want money back from Rangers if this season isn't completed.

If the SPFL stitch up continues though, would the league be on the hook for refunds?

We have contracts with the league which is the basis of selling season tickets. If the fixtures don't take place there's no fault with Rangers.

If there's a chance of getting it back from the corrupt spfl though, I'd want every penny back.

would you not have to claim a refund from Rangers though in order for them to be able to claim one from the SPFL?

Could a class action be taken against the SPFL? I would not be wanting a refund for games not played but for the full value of my season ticket as it was sold to me under false pretences. Season tickets were sold for a competition under their auspices and they have deliberately cut this short awarding prizes and lucrative European competition places without completing the competition.

As a shareholder our business is being impacted financially and as a supporter my club is being disadvantaged through the failure to complete the season. This is not acceptable.

Last edited:
would you not have to claim a refund from Rangers though in order for them to be able to claim one from the SPFL?
Yes, which is why I'd like to know if it's something the club could look at.

I’d suggest doing whatever it takes to destroy the SPFL, and startping again with a leadership that is fit for purpose in looking after the interests of ALL clubs.

Could a class action be taken against the SPFL? I would not be wanting a refund for games not played but for the full value of my season ticket as it was sold to me under false pretences. Season tickets were sold for a competition under their auspices and they have deliberately cut this short awarding prizes and lucrative European competition places without completing the competition.

As a shareholder our business is being impacted financially and as a supporter my club is being disadvantaged through the failure to complete the season. This is not acceptable.
I hadn't even considered the fixtures already played.
It's a great point though.

I would think your season ticket contract is with Rangers, not the SPFL.
Of course it is, hence why I stated that Rangers have contracts with the league.

Rangers didn't postpone any games and have repeatedly stated that we want them played with fans in attendance.

If the league refuse to let that happen, why should Rangers or our fans be out of pocket?

Of course it is, hence why I stated that Rangers have contracts with the league.

Rangers didn't postpone any games and have repeatedly stated that we want them played with fans in attendance.

If the league refuse to let that happen, why should Rangers or our fans be out of pocket?

There's no chance of games in any country being played with fans inside the stadiums this season. No way will the various FAs be liable for this. Whatever happens I doubt that any Football Associations will be liable for season ticket refunds.

My personal opinion is that football without fans is pointless. The fans are the reason that football exists as a sport which is why if the season can't be completed with fans inside the stadium it should just be voided and the new season started up when it's safe to do so.

You didn't need to buy a season ticket, you chose to and your contract is with the club.

You would be as well saying sue the Government as it social distancing is their policy, not the SPFLs.

We should sue for £30 million if the league is not completed.
We could have won the league which in turn would have gave us passage to get to the champions league group stages.

It's depressing. Not only that, we have fans defending Livi's position and claiming they are voting in the interests of the club and their shareholders. It's staggering naivety. No doubt they also believe clubs voted us out in 2012 in their own interests too.

I am utterly convinced some people just don't get it.

It's like Rangers is a commodity that can just be picked off the shelf, tried out but if it starts getting too difficult then you just discard it.

If I was being harsh, I'd say we have far too many glory hunters in our support. Who just want the glory days and anything less than hammering teams the boos come out and they switch off.

The same support that followed us down the leagues is surely capable of rallying itself against those that are hell bent on harming us.

It shouldn't even be a difficult thing to ask.

Our season ticket money isn't enough unfortunately. This is a different battle that volume of money you contribute to Rangers wont win.

It needs further action and tough choices.

You didn't need to buy a season ticket, you chose to and your contract is with the club.

You would be as well saying sue the Government as it social distancing is their policy, not the SPFLs.
Are you missing the bit about the clubs contract being with the league?

Rangers want the games played, with tickets sold being valid.

It is the SPFL who will prevent this this from happening, not Rangers nor the Government.

Are you missing the bit about the clubs contract being with the league?

Rangers want the games played, with tickets sold being valid.

It is the SPFL who will prevent this this from happening, not Rangers nor the Government.

No, it's really the government that's stopping it happening.

The Police have been instructed to disperse any gatherings. Footballers have even been warned about training too closely together.

It's absurd to suggest it is the SPFL who are stopping the games being played.

Did you miss the bit where the Government introduced social distancing.

The Police have been instructed to disperse any gatherings. Footballers have even been warned about training too closely together.

Social distancing was introduced AFTER the SPFL postponed our game against the filth.

Social distancing won't be around forever, play the games when it is safe to do so.

Social distancing was introduced AFTER the SPFL postponed our game against the filth.

Social distancing won't be around forever, play the games when it is safe to do so.

I agree that the games should be played when it is possible to do so, I have never suggested otherwise.

However the idea of season ticket holders suing the SPFL is ludicrous in my opinion.

That is a great point. I would only have demanded money back from rangers if they had lay down and accepted the bullshit from the SPFL. As this thankfully hasn't been the case they can keep my money.

However as you correctly state it is the SPFL that have cancelled the games, not Rangers. Therefore Rangers should be able to sue them for the money and refund it to us surely?

I would be happy to join a fan led legal claim against the SPFL if it came to it

It's not the fault of the SPFL, it would be the fault of the individual clubs who railroad through this proposal.
Sue the clubs, not the SPFL.

At this time yes, however the SPFL are the ones stopping the games being played when we return to normal. They can resume then. The games do not have to be cancelled, merely delayed until a later date

The solution they are forcing every club to vote on, in effect, is causing the games not to be played.

Every season ticket holder, paid in advance. No tickets have been sold for next season.

The SPFL could move everything to the right, and finish this season. They are not considering that option because of TV money for next season. It's more important.

Why force through a decision today? Why not look at addressing the financial issues as they stand?

Whatever way this goes, Scottish football will be broken beyond repair today. The end is nigh.

FBS

I reckon the contract in the first instance is between the fan and Rangers. Whether Rangers then have a legal case against the SPFL is obviously one for the lawyers to argue out, bu I reckon fans would need to claim against Rangers, first. The fact that the Government have issued lockdown legislation probably strengthens the SPFL's case though.

At this time yes, however the SPFL are the ones stopping the games being played when we return to normal. They can resume then. The games do not have to be cancelled, merely delayed until a later date

They will be under immense pressure from UEFA I'd imagine to get this season done with ASAP so that they can get next season started and finished in time for the Euros next year.

As far as I am aware there is no requirement in the contract between Rangers and the ticket holder to refund monies for cancelled matches

Waken up.

It’s incredible how limp wristed our support has become.

Another great shout.
The spfl are surely leaving themselves open to all sorts of legal issues

I was under the impression they were taking a vote of all 42 clubs on what to do next.

I reckon the contract in the first instance is between the fan and Rangers. Whether Rangers then have a legal case against the SPFL is obviously one for the lawyers to argue out, bu I reckon fans would need to claim against Rangers, first. The fact that the Government have issued lockdown legislation probably strengthens the SPFL's case though.

They don't need a case.

Good luck to anyone who tries to sue the SPFL, because of a contract which they have with Rangers, which is not completed because of a Worldwide pandemic.

Its just people talking anyway. Not one person advocating this is actually going to do it.

They don't need a case.

Good luck to anyone who tries to sue the SPFL, because of a contract which they have with Rangers, which is not completed because of a Worldwide pandemic.

Its just people talking anyway. Not one person advocating this is actually going to do it.
I don't know if you're spectacularly missing the point or just wilfully ignoring it.

The SPFL could easily state right now that the competition will be played to a finish when it is safe to do so.
Given that Rangers have actually submitted a resolution that does not require the early termination of the season, while giving instant financial assistance, I'd say the SPFL do need a case to shut down the competition. If they didn't, they'd have done it already.

I haven't advocated that fans sue the league, I've put forward a case where I feel Rangers shouldn't be responsible for refunds when they are being prevented from playing.

Just to be clear, I am completely aware that we are in the midst of a pandemic so there is no need for you to act as if you are educating me on it.

Rangers did not make the fixture list it was the spfl we want to play our games they want to give the yahoos the title without playing these games SPFL should refund end of

Take away the season ticket refunds. What if you have an individual match ticket for a particular game. For example I’m sitting with tickets for st mirren away and a ticket for old firm game that I’ve paid for.

My season ticket money is gone, I don’t want a refund but I do want to claim the individual match tickets

I posted the following in another thread and the OP pointed me in this direction:

"Any chance the League will refund me for the games this season? After all, I thought I was watching a competition where teams earn their League positions and there's promotion/relegation and a genuine champion.

Instead, it's a stitch-up that is being manipulated in a boardroom."

Waken up.

And lets not forget 2008.

Rangers did not make the fixture list it was the spfl we want to play our games they want to give the yahoos the title without playing these games SPFL should refund end of
%^*& me they’re a lot of things but this isn’t anyone fault

At the very least, surely we should get the VAT paid on the tickets back for the abandoned matches.

If you are VAT registered and have paid for the tickets through a business. The vat will have been reclaimed on your last quarters return.

What gets me is some scaremongering going on about clubs having to give back all season ticket money as the season was not completed.
This is completely unfeasible. If any season ticket money was to be refunded it would be the percentage of games not played that would if indeed be required, not the whole season ticket costs.
As an example, you buy 10 meal vouchers for a restaurant at 200 pounds., after you have used 8 of the vouchers, the restaurant goes under. If you did get any money back from them, it would only be 40 pounds for the vouchers you didn't use.

Back