Season Ticket Renewal - Bank Transfer

Yes as long as you used the sort code and account number from the original renewal email then you will be fine.

The only issue is that some banks now block the payment if the account name doesn't match, it's a new anti-fraud measure from the banks. Others will allow it to go through. If your payment went through from your bank then it'll be fine.
Cheers, now just playing the waiting game for the confirmation email. 11 days and counting...

It doesn't come across well tbh, when you think a Major UK bank (Barclays) is currently running a TV advert telling people not to pay for stuff via Bank Transfer.

Cheers, now just playing the waiting game for the confirmation email. 11 days and counting...
11 days waiting for a confirmation is nothing short of a joke. Even if mistakes are made during payment we cant even get a hold of anyone for days to rectify the error

11 days waiting for a confirmation is nothing short of a joke. Even if mistakes are made during payment we cant even get a hold of anyone for days to rectify the error
Don't think I'm alone in this scenario mate going by what I've read on here. As above, someone has waited over 2 weeks for their official email.

Last edited:
So the email I was sent said the account name is “RFC Ticket Direct” which is what I used, now the website says “The Rangers Football Club Ticket Direct”. Will this cause an issue? I’m fucked if it will.

So the email I was sent said the account name is “RFC Ticket Direct” which is what I used, now the website says “The Rangers Football Club Ticket Direct”. Will this cause an issue? I’m fucked if it will.

Simple way to check would be via your online banking to see if the payment went through surely? See post #50 for explanation of problems caused by banking security changes.

Reactions: CD7

I used “RFC Ticket Direct” as per the email too on Sunday. I got reference spot on though and the payment has been successful. I suspect it’s just taking longer than it should for conformation emails.

OK thanks, that's what I'm hoping. And you'd like to think that's why Rangers didn't bother sending out an official communication regarding the preferred account name
Yeah i know mate i agree, i clarified it myself on here before i transferred the first installments for ours on the 29th

Surely they can have staff dealing with renewals over the phone this online stuff has been an absolute shambles

Did the bank transfer this morning,My renewal notice gave me the account name RFC Ticket Direct but the bank wouldn,t accept that name but it gave me the option of Rangers Football Club LTD.,I Just paid it i hope it wasn,t a mistake.

Surely they can have staff dealing with renewals over the phone this online stuff has been an absolute shambles
How they expected to come through this pandemic while renewing season tickets with the current set up is a shambles. The ticket office has been in need of a major shake up for years

I used “RFC Ticket Direct” as per the email too on Sunday. I got reference spot on though and the payment has been successful. I suspect it’s just taking longer than it should for conformation emails.
I can foresee more panic for the people that renew close to the deadline if the timeframe for receiving confirmations doesn't improve. Rangers will probably plough ahead with the public sale process in early July at the same point that many people that renewed in late June will still be waiting on confirmations.

I can foresee more panic for the people that renew close to the deadline if the timeframe for receiving confirmations doesn't improve. Rangers will probably plough ahead with the public sale process in early July at the same point that many people that renewed in late June will still be waiting on confirmations.

And what about CCCS? Don't we need an email from Rangers to sign up following season ticket renewal? That process will run well into July too.

And what about CCCS? Don't we need an email from Rangers to sign up following season ticket renewal? That process will run well into July too.
Precisely mate. Apart from it being poor from a reassurance point of view, a long delay in receiving the confirmation email when it is the only mechanism to finish your season ticket application (and commit to give the club more money ffs) is ridiculous.

We shouldn’t need to worry about CCCS just now as we probably won’t need it till we start going back to games in another 5/6 months time :-(

FFS, that's news to me. Paid in full for 2 season tickets by bank transfer on 29th May to the RFC Direct account per the original email.

Had no confirmation yet but this thread was relaxing me in terms of all the folk who seemed to wait a while to get confirmation. However this account name change means I'm really worried now.

Has anyone paid the account name per the email and had a confirmation?
I got my confirmation email today mate after 11 days, used the name in original email.

I got my confirmation email today mate after 11 days, used the name in original email.
They must have heard me moaning today as my confirmation just came through 10 mins ago. :D

Better than never but if it's the same setup next year I think I'll just pay by credit card!

Did the bank transfer this morning,My renewal notice gave me the account name RFC Ticket Direct but the bank wouldn,t accept that name but it gave me the option of Rangers Football Club LTD.,I Just paid it i hope it wasn,t a mistake.
I got the same message and pulled out.

The sooner Jimmy Krankie allows places like the TO to open the better.

I got the same message and pulled out.

The sooner Jimmy Krankie allows places like the TO to open the better.
The ticket office don't have an email for my season ticket I have always renewed by post,My email is linked to a Rangers Ready card that I have had for years,
I pulled out a couple of times and eventually went f**k I'm going for it hope I don't regret it.

The ticket office don't have an email for my season ticket I have always renewed by post,My email is linked to a Rangers Ready card that I have had for years,
I pulled out a couple of times and eventually went f**k I'm going for it hope I don't regret it.
Hope not mate.
Couple of beers more and Ive no doubt i will join you. :rolleyes:

Also just renewed this morning via bank transfer not knowing that the RFC Ticket Direct name was outdated - total shambles man.

Also just renewed this morning via bank transfer not knowing that the RFC Ticket Direct name was outdated - total shambles man.
At least I'm now in a position to tell you that it will still be fine going by my experience. On the assumption the money successfully left your bank account...

My mates has disappeared from my basket, but not sure of the email we used at the time so still no email(possibly one of my old ones from years ago).
Will set up his mygers and see how it goes.

At least I'm now in a position to tell you that it will still be fine going by my experience. On the assumption the money successfully left your bank account...
Thanks for letting me know mate, money left all ok, did get a warning saying the name didn't match but just went ahead anyway knowing that its the sort code and account number that are the crucial parts! Used the correct reference as well.

I paid mine via stripe link today, roughly how long will it take to get my confirmation email?

Another day of silence. Now 7 (seven) days since funds sent and two days since I sent an email asking about it. Getting fed up with the whole thing.

Another day of silence. Now 7 (seven) days since funds sent and two days since I sent an email asking about it. Getting fed up with the whole thing.

A few minutes on here would tell you confirmation emails appear to be taking 10/11 days or so.

I paid mines in full on the 1st and got my confirmation email today. Checked my Rangers account and its showing in my order history.

I renewed by credit card yesterday morning and my confirmation literally just came through 20 mins ago. Seems a bit weird.

also - I’ve heard people refer to the £25 voucher we are getting for last seasons games not being completed - I’ve not seen any indication of that anywhere. Does anyone have info on it?

Back