Season tickets

My finances have took a big hit over the last month due the situation but I have already made my mind up to renew,Its my contribution to the club every season playing games or not.

How much, how many games, when will the season start? :rolleyes:

Not such a dig at the club btw.... moreso a dig at the SPFL!

How can fans be expected to dig deal when there’s so many unknowns?
Personally I think the season will be finished at some date in the summer and then thereafter the new season will start , if this season is not finished clubs would need to offer refunds on current season tickets surely ? Tv money and prize money would also be reduced .

Doesn't make sense. Even if games start again in Oct there will still be social distancing. Stadium capacity could be cut by half or more yet we could have 46k season ticket holders.

Wonder what the increase will be ... I am fortunate I am still able to WFH so still full pay etc but I feel for the guys who have been laid off / struggling with this coming as well.

hopefully a sensible date on when the renewals have to be completed give folk a chance to take stock and make arrangements.

Hand to mouth for me at the moment so I won’t be renewing I’m afraid. Plus if I’m being brutally honest I can’t see this going till we get a vaccine, so going to football matches, if they ever do restart this year, is not really something I want to do.

Football is relying on loyalty in a time when it’s importance is negligible.

Will wait and see what the club announce but it's a bit of a brass neck asking supporters to renew when this season hasn't been completed and there's been no communication about what will happen with the outstanding games. Especially if they increase the price with all the uncertainty around next season.

I think more people would be open to joining the membership scheme and maybe putting a down payment towards reserving a season ticket once this mess is all sorted out.

The problem is the club should be cost cutting, for example players taking a wage cut.

Why should fans pay for season tickets so the club can continue to pay players 15k + a week and more whilst the fans struggle.

Also if there is no cost cutting at the club exactly how long will next seasons, season ticket money last ?

See after the utter failure we were subjected to from the players and the manager after the winter break, id like to think all of them will have offered to take at least a 75% wage cut already. Hopefully this has happened and we just dont know about. I honestly think if any of the players there feel they deserve their full wages at this point and resist taking cuts whilst the club will be struggling, it shows everything about how little they actually care about the club and should never kick a ball for us again.

Absolutely insane asking for money at this present time.I don't see anywhere near 46k being renewed.I don't think I can justify paying £500 or more if we don't know when a ball is being kicked again or if we will get a full season.As far as the membership scheme goes,am simply not interested.

Last edited:
See after the utter failure we were subjected to from the players and the manager after the winter break, id like to think all of them will have offered to take at least a 75% wage cut already. Hopefully this has happened and we just dont know about. I honestly think if any of the players there feel they deserve their full wages at this point and resist taking cuts whilst the club will be struggling, it shows everything about how little they actually care about the club and should never kick a ball for us again.

100% agree

This is going to hit a lot of fans hard especially those who have a number of season tickets in their family. Also factoring in this whole money making exercise from the membership scheme...

Absolutely nuts and we still haven’t heard from the players/management staff taking a wage cut.

Spot on mate.

I can see why Bears are losing their shit but I'd hold fire until the renewal lands in your inbox or through your letter box, and explains the payment options etc.

I'll renew but I'll struggle to make most games as I'm changing roles at work.

I'll use the buy back scheme (forget the name) for games I'll miss.

Seems like a bloody mental time for the club to ask supporters to dig deep in to their pocket for renewals given working situations for so many have been thrown up in the air recently.

I’ll wait and actually hear from the club first before I make a proper judgement on this but my initial thoughts are that this isn’t the best decision at the moment.

That’s before you even you think about the fact that we don’t know if players will be taking wage cuts, staff furloughed and all the rest of it.

Will await confirmation. If money is required by the club I think a sensible approach would be to ask the supporters for a down payment on their season ticket to secure.

£100 down payment on each season ticket would generate approx £4.5m. This contribution from the fans combined with the players accepting a short term wage reduction would help until a clearer picture develops.

Utterly insane.
Correct , with all this talk of a possible league revamp , how are supporters to know what it is they are paying for ?
On a personal basis I’ll buy our 3 tickets as I want to support rangers financially and otherwise .
However the question still stands .

I think I can honestly say that we have been hit harder than most due to this Virus, but hopefully, the Government will come through with the Grant money that should pay the bills ( I know we are closed but still bills to pay ) for about 6 months.
I don't smoke or drink so going to see Rangers is my one Vice in life that I never want to give up.
I feel for everyone who has no idea what the future holds but I think the Government has come up with a very good financial package, I understand the frustrations of people who can't have overtime or bonuses taken into the equation.
But getting, 80% of your basic wage as a reward for being ordered to stay in your house is not the worst deal I have ever heard.
As for Rangers, they must, like the rest of us, try and somehow plan for the future, a future that not one us know how it will play out. I have no idea what they will offer regarding payments but I hope they take into consideration the present circumstances faced by the most loyal supporters in world football.
From my point of view, even though I am not in the best financial position I have ever been in will renew my ST.
Good Luck to everyone who wants to renew their ST but always remember, your family comes first.
Currently listening to Free. 'All Right Now' hope that is an omen

So the SPFL can’t scrap this season now and start preparing for next season?

By doing the above, the SPFL can’t then confirm that we’ll be playing 38 league games next season? Even if it means new season not starting until Oct.
(cups being secondary and collateral damage if required.... not incl in ST anyway)

Your giving the SPFL to much credit mate.

It's not just the SPFL, none of the associations have any idea what they're doing in the unprecedented circumstances. They are completely useless but you can't blame them in this case.

This is going to hit a lot of fans hard especially those who have a number of season tickets in their family. Also factoring in this whole money making exercise from the membership scheme...

Absolutely nuts and we still haven’t heard from the players/management staff taking a wage cut.
Expect the club to make a statement in the coming days now that the unwashed went first in showing their hand.

Club are over relying on fans bailing them out of this. Bad move and I won't be handing my cash over until I know what I am paying for

100% this mate. Complete and utter arsehole behaviour by the board here if this is true.
I’m in the same boat, we actually have no idea of what’s happening with next season and they’re already wanting the cash in. They’ll be quite a number of fans who will have no income through this and some may even be made redundant.

I'm lucky in that I can afford to pay mine in full so that's exactly what I'll be doing as soon as I get the chance. I'll be getting one for next season regardless of when it starts so I'll happily pay now as the Club need the money. It's shite for those who aren't in a position to commit at the moment or require more certainty before they shell out their cash, hopefully this will be recognised in the renewal cut-off dates.

So the SPFL can’t scrap this season now and start preparing for next season?

By doing the above, the SPFL can’t then confirm that we’ll be playing 38 league games next season? Even if it means new season not starting until Oct.
(cups being secondary and collateral damage if required.... not incl in ST anyway)

Your giving the SPFL to much credit mate.
Noone knows when this is ending so there's no point in them deciding anything yet. Me might not even be able to start in October. I suspect the SPFL will follow the lead of the bigger nations rather than making a decision on their own now

If true bit of a moral dilemma for me, I am lucky enough to be able to and would happily buy one if it was available but would be profiting from a fellow bears misfortune.
Although I had to give mine up through redundancy a few years ago so someone benefited from my misfortune.

We’ve not even had the season we’ve paid for yet. There’s zero idea over what’s happening with that.
You’ve got guys sitting on 10’s of thousands a week at home. This is where the club make up some money in coming months, wage cuts by players, not asking your every day working man who for a lot will have no job security and genuine fears over feeding their families to dig deep. Sincerely hope this is BS because if not it’s another example of us being customers when it suits the club.

As for the membership scheme, no idea what it’s actually about was it ever confirmed? If it’s just away matches and you need to pay for the privilege of applying for tickets they can ram that

Will await confirmation. If money is required by the club I think a sensible approach would be to ask the supporters for a down payment on their season ticket to secure.

£100 down payment on each season ticket would generate approx £4.5m. This contribution from the fans combined with the players accepting a short term wage reduction would help until a clearer picture develops.

Players taking a cut for 3 months would generate a huge amount also

I think I can honestly say that we have been hit harder than most due to this Virus, but hopefully, the Government will come through with the Grant money that should pay the bills ( I know we are closed but still bills to pay ) for about 6 months.
I don't smoke or drink so going to see Rangers is my one Vice in life that I never want to give up.
I feel for everyone who has no idea what the future holds but I think the Government has come up with a very good financial package, I understand the frustrations of people who can't have overtime or bonuses taken into the equation.
But getting, 80% of your basic wage as a reward for being ordered to stay in your house is not the worst deal I have ever heard.
As for Rangers, they must, like the rest of us, try and somehow plan for the future, a future that not one us know how it will play out. I have no idea what they will offer regarding payments but I hope they take into consideration the present circumstances faced by the most loyal supporters in world football.
From my point of view, even though I am not in the best financial position I have ever been in will renew my ST.
Good Luck to everyone who wants to renew their ST but always remember, your family comes first.
Currently listening to Free. 'All Right Now' hope that is an omen
Great song to be listening to. Brilliant band

Gave up our season tickets last year but in the fortunate position that so far we‘re unaffected financially by the pandemic so would be looking to get back in.

The problem is the club should be cost cutting, for example players taking a wage cut.

Why should fans pay for season tickets so the club can continue to pay players 15k + a week and more whilst the fans struggle.

Also if there is no cost cutting at the club exactly how long will next seasons, season ticket money last ?
Exactly , and I don’t think mr Morelos or mr Goldson gives a toss that we might not have a job , as long as they get 20k a week

This 100%

Doesn't make sense. Even if games start again in Oct there will still be social distancing. Stadium capacity could be cut by half or more yet we could have 46k season ticket holders.

I'm not sure if you are joking or not, however if social distancing is still in place in October the stadium capacity will be zero.

The Government is not going to change the rules to say that people can go out to do essential things including:

1, Buying food.

2, Medical Reasons.

3, Getting Exercise

4, Going to the game.

So long as you stay 2m apart.

Actually disgusted at any club selling season tickets without knowing what is happening with the season! As for launching a membership scheme in the circumstances is another kick in the balls, ffs delay the scheme for a year, it hasn't even had proper consultation!

I understand it is uncertain times, some fans are being laid off, some don't know what their short-term financial future is going to be but I am sure the board will ensure that the deadline will be extended well beyond what it would've been.

The club still has outgoings to be paid and would have forecasted a long while ago for money to start coming in around about now. For those in the fortunate positions to be able to commit to another season book in the current climate and put money into the club, I don't think we should be stopping that.

People have to remember that it's also uncertain times for the board members and their businesses, who have assisted us tremendously over the last few years. They too will be taking a big financial hit just now eg. Parks of Hamilton and It's unrealistic to expect them to continue to put money in to see us through this uncertain time (which I'm sure they will) but at the same time having a go at them for allowing other fans who are able to, to do the same.

You surely can't sell something that you cant guarantee is going to be available thats ludicrous

I'll be really disappointed if a renewal comes through at this time

We can't operate without season ticket money. If it doesn't come in....we are Donald ducked.

I'm in a precurious situation.
Golf club membership fees each month with no golf.
Football season tickets on top with no football

Like paying for milk every day when you take your coffee and team black .

I'm fortunate that I can afford it and I will be renewing if asked because I reckon the club needs the money. If anybody can't afford it, fair enough obviously.

I'd guess the deadline for renewal might be later than usual or even open-ended.

Crazy decision to sell season tickets at the minute imo. I know we need money. But we don’t know if this seasons even finished ( it is but not officially ) we don’t know when the new season will resume or how many games or teams there will be to play. Also , in 6 months time even if the football can resume , I doubt 50 thousands fans will be able to be together in a stadium as there will be “ distancing “ rules in place for a while. Whole thing is bonkers.

We can't operate without season ticket money. If it doesn't come in....we are Donald ducked.

I'm in a precurious situation.
Golf club membership fees each month with no golf.
Football season tickets on top with no football

Like paying for milk every day when you take your coffee and team black .
I’m the same mate , self employed so literally no income now for 3 months until the government pays 80% of my earnings in June. So my priorities have to be keeping my home and hopefully my business afloat. Put it this way , if you were on your knees financially , would a golf club or rangers help you ?

Not read full thread so apologies if it's been said by anyone else..

In my opinion, once lockdown regulations start to gradually be relaxed (anyones guess when) then the last thing to be relaxed will be the ability to gather in large crowds for fear of a second wave hitting. I honestly don't think gatherings of 40000+ will be allowed in this country for the best part of a year.

Edit : I see it has been mentioned by others.

Last edited:
Even if the success rate is 25% sign up, it’s worth their risk.

It’s cash they would not have access to otherwise.

Rightly or wrongly, they’re paid to run this as a business and keep the lights on. They’ll be exploiting all opportunities possible to get cash in the bank.

Back