Season tickets

Hopefully there will be no increase in ST prices for next season. I understand that this money is vitallyimportant to the club however they simply must realise that a number of supporters who have a ST will not have the financial means to get one as there will be competing demands economically. Hope that they also offer a monthly payment scheme for this season to allow bears to pay for their ticket rather than lose it.

I get that the club need the money but surely some kind of deposit would be more suitable? Or even paying your season ticket now also provides free subscription to the membership scheme.

I get that the club need the money but surely some kind of deposit would be more suitable? Or even paying your season ticket now also provides free subscription to the membership scheme.

Was hoping there will be something along these lines. Going to be loads struggle with cash The next few months.

Even if the success rate is 25% sign up, it’s worth their risk.

It’s cash they would not have access to otherwise.

Rightly or wrongly, they’re paid to run this as a business and keep the lights on. They’ll be exploiting all opportunities possible to get cash in the bank.
And that money will be quickly spent on the playing staff who have yet to come to an agreement over wage cuts.

Its ok saying Rangers need the money etc, but what if they take the money and it has to be refunded due to no football or matches played behind closed doors. Bit of a difference between people saying they dont want a refund for a few games left of this season and asking for a full ST refund for next season. The experts are predicting a second wave of this virus ffs.

Really can't see what the club can do if there is no income coming in from anywhere what are they meant to do. Think we also have to give the board and the player's a wee bit of time before we start slaughtering them, I'm sure they will have something planned shortly

We can't operate without season ticket money. If it doesn't come in....we are Donald ducked.

I'm in a precurious situation.
Golf club membership fees each month with no golf.
Football season tickets on top with no football

Like paying for milk every day when you take your coffee and team black .

Paying golf fees when there‘s no golf is hardly a precarious position, tbf. Just don’t pay them, then start paying again once there’s golf. If your club doesn’t like it - join another one. There’s plenty about.

Its ok saying Rangers need the money etc, but what if they take the money and it has to be refunded due to no football or matches played behind closed doors. Bit of a difference between people saying they dont want a refund for a few games left of this season and asking for a full ST refund for next season. The experts are predicting a second wave of this virus ffs.

So who the foots the bills in the interim?

When will we get renewal forms in the post? And will the price include the games I couldn’t make and used seat sub?

Certainly not the fans, we've all done our bit over the years.
I'm two grand down from the last debacle what with lost shares and bond.
Oooops,sorry, I've had £90 back from my bond.

I didn't ask who shouldn't foot the bills, I asked who should.

Bills will be ongoing and need to be paid, even if players agree a significant wage cut our outgoings will still be in the 7-figures per month.

Why is it okay to expect the board to fund that in the interim, when they themselves will be impacted by Coronavirus, but at the same time have a go at the them for allowing other supporters who are able to help, to do so?

So who then?

The board....who also have bills to pay?
Before the board come to the fans with cap in hand, our playing, coaching and managerial staff should all have agreed to substantial pay cuts.

I’m not renewing my ticket when we have guys on 15/20 grand a week sitting at home twiddling their fingers for the foreseeable future. If not then that season ticket money won’t last very long.

Before the board come to the fans with cap in hand

The same board whose significant investment into the club has kept us paying the bills and progressing?

Your comment comes across very unappreciative. There's nothing 'cap in hand' about it, it's our club and responsibility as much as it is theirs.

our playing, coaching and managerial staff should all have agreed to substantial pay cuts.

I’m not renewing my ticket when we have guys on 15/20 grand a week sitting at home twiddling their fingers for the foreseeable future. If not then that season ticket money won’t last very long.

I am certain they will be doing this behind the scenes which is why I have said so on the several semi-celebratory threads on the forum when Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee United boards have mentioned their concern/steps they might have to look at to keep their clubs afloat.

This is a nuclear bomb for every Scottish club. We are going to need a collective effort to get through this as a club, anyone thinking differently is being unrealistic.

We’ve not even had the season we’ve paid for yet. There’s zero idea over what’s happening with that.
You’ve got guys sitting on 10’s of thousands a week at home. This is where the club make up some money in coming months, wage cuts by players, not asking your every day working man who for a lot will have no job security and genuine fears over feeding their families to dig deep. Sincerely hope this is BS because if not it’s another example of us being customers when it suits the club.

As for the membership scheme, no idea what it’s actually about was it ever confirmed? If it’s just away matches and you need to pay for the privilege of applying for tickets they can ram that

agree totally, our 44;000 odd tickets probably range from £150- £700,
the first team squad taking a 15% pay cut, not deferal , would make a huge difference.
the money they are taking, the reduction in paye would also reduce the hardship of the cut.

I didn't ask who shouldn't foot the bills, I asked who should.

Bills will be ongoing and need to be paid, even if players agree a significant wage cut our outgoings will still be in the 7-figures per month.

Why is it okay to expect the board to fund that in the interim, when they themselves will be impacted by Coronavirus, but at the same time have a go at the them for allowing other supporters who are able to help, to do so?
If you are able to help then fire in. I'm talking about season ticket renewals and membership at this time.
I wouldn't criticise anyone who wants to make a personal payment to the club but I'm not happy about loyal supporters who might lose their,long held, season tickets due to their financial status.
I'll wait and see what the offer is for renewals,you never know,the club could have a plan in place.

If you are able to help then fire in. I'm talking about season ticket renewals and membership at this time.
I wouldn't criticise anyone who wants to make a personal payment to the club but I'm not happy about loyal supporters who might lose their,long held, season tickets due to their financial status.
I'll wait and see what the offer is for renewals,you never know,the club could have a plan in place.

I agree with you there. I think we need to find an option that allows those that are fortunate enough to be able to renew to do so, while also taking into account the fact that a big number of supporters will not be able to commit right at this point.

I think opening the renewals but having a greatly extended deadline is probably the best balance.

Allows money to keep coming in but doesn't punish fans who have had books for years, that have been caught out in this situation.

I'm happy to wait and see what the club are saying.

It'll be very difficult for a lot of our fans and I would like to see some sort of recognition of this from the people we idolise and support financially.

There were posts about the dhims st’s on sale.
for those who sneak a peek on kerryfail, have they done anything that’s being talked about on here. Ie, staggered payments etc,

You know this for sure?

Or, just the fact it isn’t plastered over the Daily Record?
If it was then it would certainly be fed to the media by ourselves. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about that, particularly when you see the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and Bayern being so public about their wage cuts.

The fact we haven’t said anything makes it extremely likely that we haven’t come to that agreements with the players.

I'd be stunned if the players have come to an agreement over wage cuts and it hasn't been announced - by the club.
If it was then it would certainly be fed to the media by ourselves. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about that, particularly when you see the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and Bayern being so public about their wage cuts.

The fact we haven’t said anything makes it extremely likely that we haven’t come to that agreements with the players.

I don’t see that at all.

Every football club and fan up and down the country are waiting with baited breath on Rangers cutting wages.

We have played this immensely well.

We will have absolutely tabled the discussion and be working through rational proposals.

We don’t have Miller sized leaks in the comms any longer.

If Robertson is nothing else, he’s a boring accountant. He’s the right man for this task. Gerrard and Co will keep it tight.

We do not need a media circus on right sizing, especially Rangers.

The last thing we need is another statement.

FWIW, being pro active on cash collection, through season tickets, is the right thing to do. If people are not comfortable paying, which is absolutely ok, then no one would challenge that. But, if Rangers can get 25% paid up, that’s likely significant run way extension for the business. Why wouldn’t they ask the question?

I agree with you there. I think we need to find an option that allows those that are fortunate enough to be able to renew to do so, while also taking into account the fact that a big number of supporters will not be able to commit right at this point.

I think opening the renewals but having a greatly extended deadline is probably the best balance.

Allows money to keep coming in but doesn't punish fans who have had books for years, that have been caught out in this situation.

It should be extended at least until we have a date for when next season is going to start.

So who then?

The board....who also have bills to pay?

The board chose to get involved in the day to day running of the club. Not us the fans. When you run a business you take on that responsibility. You don't turn to the customers and ask them to bail you out.

1. Many thousands of fans will be out of work or on reduced income for the next few months at least. Then we will have the recovery period for everyone.
2. We have players earning up to 20 odd thousand per week. What cuts have they agreed to whilst they sit at home with their fingers up their arse for the next few month's?
3. What cuts have the board agreed to make salary wise?

Let's get answers to the above points first before we turn to the fans who earn peanuts in comparison.

If you can't see this as being complete arsehole behaviour by the club then fair enough.

I don’t see that at all.

Every football club and fan up and down the country are waiting with baited breath on Rangers cutting wages.

We have played this immensely well.

We will have absolutely tabled the discussion and be working through rational proposals.

We don’t have Miller sized leaks in the comms any longer.

If Robertson is nothing else, he’s a boring accountant. He’s the right man for this task. Gerrard and Co will keep it tight.

We do not need a media circus on right sizing, especially Rangers.

The last thing we need is another statement.

FWIW, being pro active on cash collection, through season tickets, is the right thing to do. If people are not comfortable paying, which is absolutely ok, then no one would challenge that. But, if Rangers can get 25% paid up, that’s likely significant run way extension for the business. Why wouldn’t they ask the question?
If our players were on reduced wages there is not a hope in hell that wouldn’t end up in the media. IMO it would also be in the club’s interest to communicate that to supporters who themselves are looking at possible jobs cuts or wage reductions.

The board chose to get involved in the day to day running of the club. Not us the fans. When you run a business you take on that responsibility. You don't turn to the customers and ask them to bail you out.

1. Many thousands of fans will be out of work or on reduced income for the next few months at least. Then we will have the recovery period for everyone.
2. We have players earning up to 20 odd thousand per week. What cuts have they agreed to whilst they sit at home with their fingers up their arse for the next few month's?
3. What cuts have the board agreed to make salary wise?

Let's get answers to the above points first before we turn to the fans who earn peanuts in comparison.

If you can't see this as being complete arsehole behaviour by the club then fair enough.

We aren't just 'customers' though, we are supporters and the club are absolutely going to need support and a collective effort to see us through this period.

I agree with you that players should be asked to take significant reductions in their salaries, as should board members (however I don't think this has ever been about making money for the likes of Park) but even if the players agree to a 75% reduction, we will still need to finance 7-figure outgoings per month. That money has to come from somewhere.

As I said above, I think the best outcome is opening the renewals and allowing those who can, to do it, while making the deadline much, much later than it normally would be, so we don't penalise supporters who are going through uncertain times.

We aren't just 'customers' though, we are supporters and the club are absolutely going to need support and a collective effort to see us through this period.

I agree with you that players should be asked to take significant reductions in their salaries, as should board members (however I don't think this has ever been about making money for the likes of Park) but even if the players agree to a 75% reduction, we will still need to finance 7-figure outgoings per month. That money has to come from somewhere.

As I said above, I think the best outcome is opening the renewals and allowing those who can, to do it, while making the deadline much, much later than it normally would be, so we don't penalise supporters who are going through uncertain times.

We are just customers mate. That's all any supporter is to any club across the globe.

If they open up with a 3 month deadline to agree to it then I've no issue. But it won't have. It will be the standard 1 month deadline and many thousands of fans will be screwed over as they can't afford it. Shameful.

We are just customers mate. That's all any supporter is to any club across the globe.

If they open up with a 3 month deadline to agree to it then I've no issue. But it won't have. It will be the standard 1 month deadline and many thousands of fans will be screwed over as they can't afford it. Shameful.

If they did that then I would be the first to agree with you mate. Let's hope common sense prevails.

does anybody think the club will do a price freeze on season tickets
I think they will freeze season ticket prices, add a membership scheme at a cost and give st holders the price of a seat sub for the previous 5 home games that where missed

Will wait to see what is offered based on; the price of the season tickets, the membership scheme, what is proposed for the last 5 games of this season and the St.Mirren away ticket that I was allocated (guessing they will make these tickets valid for the game when it is played).

One of the questions I'd like answered before I try and continue to buy my season ticket is, what is going to happen to this season? I'd hope to hell we don't bend over and give it to celtic, I would hope we as a club would fight it all the way. It would sicken me if we didn't do everything in our power to stop them being given it, I would seriously consider not renewing my season ticket of over 25 years.

I think everything is relative in life because someone can't at the moment afford an ST doesn't mean the Club should not put them on sale. The Club needs money to operate and we can't realistically expect the Directors to keep putting money in, no matter how well off they are.
There is a good argument for the Club to accept a deposit, ie £100 and allow fans to pay the rest when the fixtures are finalised, IMO that deposit would be forfeited if any fan never took up the option. Same way as holidays is booked. If the new season did not commence then deposits would be returnable.

Would like to think that whenever the ST is put on sale, an announcement that players and senior staff have volunteered a reduction on pay ( if possible)

There seems to be a lot of posters on here demanding XY or Z happens before they renew their ST.
I think it is quite simple, if you want to renew and can afford it, please do. the others who can't afford it will have no choice.

Just remember this mess has been caused by a Virus and nothing to do with the Directors or the Investors.
We are fans first and foremost, we are also customers. So entirely up to each individual the course he or she wants to take.

I think everything is relative in life because someone can't at the moment afford an ST doesn't mean the Club should not put them on sale. The Club needs money to operate and we can't realistically expect the Directors to keep putting money in, no matter how well off they are.
There is a good argument for the Club to accept a deposit, ie £100 and allow fans to pay the rest when the fixtures are finalised, IMO that deposit would be forfeited if any fan never took up the option. Same way as holidays is booked. If the new season did not commence then deposits would be returnable.

Would like to think that whenever the ST is put on sale, an announcement that players and senior staff have volunteered a reduction on pay ( if possible)

There seems to be a lot of posters on here demanding XY or Z happens before they renew their ST.
I think it is quite simple, if you want to renew and can afford it, please do. the others who can't afford it will have no choice.

Just remember this mess has been caused by a Virus and nothing to do with the Directors or the Investors.
We are fans first and foremost, we are also customers. So entirely up to each individual the course he or she wants to take.

Robert

If the directors / investors are currently "putting money in" in order to pay the bills one thing that is almost certain is that it will not be gifts. They will want it back whether it's repayment or as equity.

At the end of the day it is the supporters / customers who pay the bills. They buy the season tickets and tickets, they buy the merchandise, they attract the sponsors etc.

Robert

If the directors / investors are currently "putting money in" in order to pay the bills one thing that is almost certain is that it will not be gifts. They will want it back whether it's repayment or as equity.

At the end of the day it is the supporters / customers who pay the bills. They buy the season tickets and tickets, they buy the merchandise, they attract the sponsors etc.
We also get in normal circumstances to watch football. A lot of our Directors and Investors put money in unsecured, for that reason I will always support them.

Some of our directors are never ever getting back what they’ve put in, they really can’t be criticised for their investment up until now.

Who would that be.

The directors and other investors put loans in, which were repaid in equity, which is what they said they were going to do in the first place.

That's not a criticism, it's just what happened.

Robert

If the supporters covered all the bills, there would be no need for the Directors/investors to put extra money in

We also get in normal circumstances to watch football. A lot of our Directors and Investors put money in unsecured, for that reason I will always support them.

Yes, no issue with that, but as I said they were repaid, in equity, which they said was their plan.

I'm not criticising anyone, they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

They did not however "gift" money to the club.

If the supporters covered all the bills, there would be no need for the Directors/investors to put extra money in

The point is it's loans, they are not "paying the bills". They are lending money to pay the bills. Then getting it back as repayments of equity conversion.

As I say it is not a criticism, just reality.

Yes, no issue with that, but as I said they were repaid, in equity, which they said was their plan.

I'm not criticising anyone, they did exactly what they said they were going to do.

They did not however "gift" money to the club.
They actually did to start with and had no idea if they would eventually get shares for their money.
These guys are very astute and apart from Rangers probably would never have invested in a football Club, especially in Scotland. Heart ruling the head.

They actually did to start with and had no idea if they would eventually get shares for their money.
These guys are very astute and apart from Rangers probably would never have invested in a football Club, especially in Scotland. Heart ruling the head.

Do you genuinely believe that astute businessmen put millions into a business without ever expecting to get it repaid, or to have it converted to equity.

Sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one.

So, this season ticket money thts needed to keep us running. What I’m wondering is, how much revenue could we have lost since Leverkusen?
ST have mainly all been paid, pretty sure public sale is now a pretty small number at Ibrox, retail... let’s not go there. People are making it out like if we don’t get the ST renewals out now we are in trouble. It makes no sense.

Also, as touched on. We have no idea if/when next season will even begin. So to ask folk who’ve not even had the full product they’ve already paid for this year to start paying again for next year would be a bit questionable in my eyes.

Do you genuinely believe that astute businessmen put millions into a business without ever expecting to get it repaid, or to have it converted to equity.

Sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree on that one.
Well we will disagree, put millions in when they were not sure if could oust the old regime

Back