Seat moves

I'm in the same boat as you, after extended renewal date of 6th June I'd expect a day or so to chase up anyone who hasn't renewed (maybe not, maybe just go straight to seat moves)

I'd expect phone calls or email to go out 8th, 9th if our ticket office have the right staffing levels. If not longer wait. It does say no time frame for seat moves to be actioned and carried out.

Anyone else have a more concrete picture from in the know? @Greg Marshall ? I know your enjoying NARSA just now, saw you in @David Edgar update, have fun looks magic :cool:

I’ve been waiting for 4 seasons for a seat move…. And I’m meant to be a priority. Don’t expect anything. I suppose it’s a good thing that so many are renewing so there nothing available

Do
I’ve been waiting for 4 seasons for a seat move…. And I’m meant to be a priority. Don’t expect anything. I suppose it’s a good thing that so many are renewing so there nothing available
Do you have a particular request? I am in the CB and willing to move anywhere else thinking that flexibility might help

Been trying to get Seats together for 3 seasons, I'm in Copland Front and my mate is in the Club Deck, desperate to get 2 together so we can take kids when one of us doesn't go.
Both from Northern Ireland, due to work and travel restraints Sunday games not much use for me but suits him. Chance to introduce the next generation to The Rangers being badly hampered sadly

We had some issues a few years ago with one of our ST and was told it would not be possible to Understand what renewals were complete until 5 days after the closing date.

I'm in the same boat as you, after extended renewal date of 6th June I'd expect a day or so to chase up anyone who hasn't renewed (maybe not, maybe just go straight to seat moves)

I'd expect phone calls or email to go out 8th, 9th if our ticket office have the right staffing levels. If not longer wait. It does say no time frame for seat moves to be actioned and carried out.

Anyone else have a more concrete picture from in the know? @Greg Marshall ? I know your enjoying NARSA just now, saw you in @David Edgar update, have fun looks magic :cool:
Wont be a call mate even before covid it was an email i got.

Is the ticket office open tomorrow,I’ve emailed them a couple of times with season ticket issues with no joy.
To assist supporters with renewals, The Ticket Centre will be open on the below dates:

• Wednesday 1st June (10am-4pm)
  • Thursday 2nd June (10am-4pm)
  • Monday 6th June (10am-7pm)

Sligbtly off topic,ive had season ticket in family stand for 7 years wiith my son. He is now 17 and when we renewed it said we would be priority to be moved from family stand. What happens with that? Will we get seats together and will we have to pay more money?

Do we know when seat moves get offered? Will it be shortly after the renewal deadline, if so it that this week?

Thanks!

i emailed ticket office last week and was told i'd be emailed with a move if possible ........ only been waiting 4 years, only offer i've had was further back in CR not forward down the front

Do

Do you have a particular request? I am in the CB and willing to move anywhere else thinking that flexibility might help
Does it give you the option to select anywhere in the ground when you request a move? My seat is restricted a little bit so hoping to get a move.

Does it give you the option to select anywhere in the ground when you request a move? My seat is restricted a little bit so hoping to² get a move.

No you just ask where you prefer to be seated and they then offer you a seat, don't know if you refuse the seat if they offer another or just a case of seat offered then no more. 3rd year I've tried it and nothing been offered in the 3 years

WATP

Sligbtly off topic,ive had season ticket in family stand for 7 years wiith my son. He is now 17 and when we renewed it said we would be priority to be moved from family stand. What happens with that? Will we get seats together and will we have to pay more money?
It will be interesting to see what happens with people in your situation. I believe they were letting people stay in the family stand due to limited availability elsewhere in the stadium. That is what happened in previous years right enough.

Don’t wait for rangers to move you as you will be waiting a lifetime. The best way to get a move is by going in when they are open or pestering them.

I have a mate who put a request in for a move to row A in club/ bar72 for years. I went online about 4 years ago and bought one in rowA on the website. He should have been called long before one got put on public sale. Moral of the story is that rangers ticket office will not go out there way to move you

Don’t wait for rangers to move you as you will be waiting a lifetime. The best way to get a move is by going in when they are open or pestering them.

I have a mate who put a request in for a move to row A in club/ bar72 for years. I went online about 4 years ago and bought one in rowA on the website. He should have been called long before one got put on public sale. Moral of the story is that rangers ticket office will not go out there way to move you
Yea I think you're correct here, seems like the whole ticket office is run off an excel sheet.
When I was last in, I needed a new smart card, the guy serving me had the windows notepad app opened and added my name and Rangers number to the document titled "untitled".

On the list, he had about 50 names, the worst thing about it was the document was not even saved.

Exactly this

I went into ticket office when the public sale was on couple seasons back. Kept being told over the phone I wouldn't get anything.
Standing in the ticket office and was shown a screen that had all the seats available for general sale. I pointed to the 3 I would've rather had to where I was, got the swaps there and then.

Makes no sense that someone could buy a season ticket in the area you're waiting to for a seat move, while you've never even been offered it.
Over the phone they were telling me my only option was to buy new season tickets and cancel my exisitng ones

That’s my position mate. Daughter is too old for family stand but because there’s no offer of a move they said just to stay there. Been like that the last 3 seasons. You’ll get an email saying he’s too old and you need to move but don’t worry they can’t force you out of family stand without an offer of a move.
You’ll need to pay the price for a juvenile ticket, then when he turns 18 an adult one.
If you do happen to get a move then you’ll need to pay the extra.

Unfortunately, I think that this might be true.

We have been waiting for a seat move for 2 for 4 seasons.
Problem for me and my son is that we live nowhere near Glasgow and can’t get to the ticket office when open.

Unfortunately, I think that this might be true.

We have been waiting for a seat move for 2 for 4 seasons.
Problem for me and my son is that we live nowhere near Glasgow and can’t get to the ticket office when open.
Its only open match days mate,(i think tomorow for final renewals),youve as much chance as anyone by email a lottery i think.

It will be interesting to see what happens with people in your situation. I believe they were letting people stay in the family stand due to limited availability elsewhere in the stadium. That is what happened in previous years right enough.
Wait, do you get shifted from the family stand after 18?!

Someone I know was asking for a seat move to GR few years ago and was always told there was nothing available yet when new ST offers went out there was seats available for that area he requested a move to. He finally managed to get his move last year after constantly pestering/emailing them.

It’s usually a week or so beyond deadline before they start on seat moves.

Enjoying the the football match was debatable. Our team finished bottom :( but had a few highlights and was a good experience.

Great seeing our North American fans again after a few years.

i emailed ticket office last week and was told i'd be emailed with a move if possible ........ only been waiting 4 years, only offer i've had was further back in CR not forward down the front
its actually 5 years ....... still not hopeful

Just the one for myself, you?
Same mate I went into Argyl house mid way through the season to see if they could help as ticket office was murder... they phoned around asked me to write a letter with my rangers number reason for moving and where I'd take... was told it shouldn't be an issue as it was only one seat. Never heard back right enough haha

Although they are starting to work on them today do you think emails will be out today? I think a few days before we find out

WATP

Although they are starting to work on them today do you think emails will be out today? I think a few days before we find out

WATP
I'm not too sure mate the deadline was last week for renewals and they knew how many renewed pretty fast so it makes u believe they COULD be on the ball with it.... as I write this I realise its rangers ticket office I'm on about ha

I was pretty much the same a few years back. I actually phoned the ticket office and was offered a seat in the Broomloan that I was going to take and then they said they also had something available in Row A of Bar 72 if I fancied it. Bit there hand off at that one. I wasn't on any waiting lists etc so I was a bit surprised to get it.

@Greg Marshall

Any idea if today will be ticket office starting to review requests? Or if it will be today people start receiving e-mails?

Just to save anyone being glued to e-mails and FF all day waiting to hear. If you happen to have any insight which I know you possibly won’t.

Also sounds very much like being pro-active and pestering them in person for a move has been the only way to get it sorted, hopefully the fact they’ve put a date on it this year means more people will be accommodated before the public sale.

@Greg Marshall

Any idea if today will be ticket office starting to review requests? Or if it will be today people start receiving e-mails?

Just to save anyone being glued to e-mails and FF all day waiting to hear. If you happen to have any insight which I know you possibly won’t.

Also sounds very much like being pro-active and pestering them in person for a move has been the only way to get it sorted, hopefully the fact they’ve put a date on it this year means more people will be accommodated before the public sale.
I emailed last week and they replied saying they will be looked at starting today.

What email did you use?
They seem keen to steer everyone towards the Contact Us method now. Alternative would be ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk or the one @Cala Bona quotes above. Don't think one produces any better results than the other.

Contact Us:

From the FAW:

Can I move seats and if so how do I go about it?

All requests for seat transfers should be made by email to contact@rangers.co.uk and should include your Rangers number.
Your existing seat must be renewed to maintain active Season Ticket holder status and your request will be added to the transfer waiting list.
Once renewals are completed and available seats are known, we will contact those on the list in chronological order, to offer details of available seats.
At other times during the Season, seat availability checks are made and if we are unable to meet your requirements, your details will be added to the transfer waiting list.
The cost of transferring seat is £5 and a new smartcard will be issued.

@Greg Marshall

Given that each of these are reviewed individually and they start from those with historic requests, I wouldn’t be glued to your email account.

There will be hundreds of seat moves but there are thousands of seat move requests so the odds are not in the favour of fans looking to move. Most available seats are single seats so those looking to move in blocks may struggle unless swaps can be identified.

I've managed to move my seat a few times in the past with minimal hassle although one year was when we were shite in the lower divisions so demand wasn't exactly at its peak.

I've had to give my seat up this year for personal reasons but beware anyone getting an offer in GR7...you will never find 3 idiots who talk more shite than those that sat in the row behind me. Honest to Christ if I wasn't giving my ticket up all together I would have been moving to another section of the ground.

Back