Seat moves

It was me who attempted it 2 years ago and your reason is pretty much spot on.
Can I ask more specifically why it didn't work? What logistics were a nightmare?

I imagine it was awkward arranging swaps with unverified people?

Not having a go just being a nosey fecker

Can I ask more specifically why it didn't work? What logistics were a nightmare?

It has never been allowed on the forum.
Far too many moving parts.
Even single ticket swaps for one game aren‘t allowed.

Basically the logistics of a ticket swap is difficult to manage especially if disputes arise, this could cause a lot of conflict for Admin.
I can see why they wouldn't want to be involved and allow the Forum to be a platform for it.

Would have been good though as I think a lot of people could definitely benefit from it. Alternatively we need Rangers to improve their process and/or provide a Seat Swap option online that can be facilitated directly by the club.

Basically the logistics of a ticket swap is difficult to manage especially if disputes arise, this could cause a lot of conflict for Admin.
I can see why they wouldn't want to be involved and allow the Forum to be a platform for it.

Would have been good though as I think a lot of people could definitely benefit from it. Alternatively we need Rangers to improve their process and/or provide a Seat Swap option online that can be facilitated directly by the club.
I agree. I firmly believe Rangers could have a seat swap feature for any time of the season. I would think that is in the realms of possibility.

A system that automatically pairs people looking a swap and will also automatically charge the small swap fees and issue of new smartcard, that way people can't reject the move once they have put their seat onto the system.

I agree. I firmly believe Rangers could have a seat swap feature for any time of the season. I would think that is in the realms of possibility.

A system that automatically pairs people looking a swap and will also automatically charge the small swap fees and issue of new smartcard, that way people can't reject the move once they have put their seat onto the system.
I appreciate your reasoning but could there not be like a simple spreadsheet detailing what seat is on offer and which area they would like to swap to and then it's up to individuals to pm each other to conclude transactions and no need for pages upon pages of comment?

For Example:

Username -Offer CF4 - Request BR2

SJF 6, CF 3, CR 5, SE 1, SW 1, SW 2, SW 3, SW 4, SW 5, MF P, MRA, MRB, MRC, MRQ, MRT, CD 1, CD 2 & CD 6 all have 2 seats together. Some are classed as restricted view but some are good seats.

SJF 6, CF 3, CR 5, SE 1, SW 1, SW 2, SW 3, SW 4, SW 5, MF P, MRA, MRB, MRC, MRQ, MRT, CD 1, CD 2 & CD 6 all have 2 seats together. Some are classed as restricted view but some are good seats.
What row and seats is it in SE1?

Out of curiosity, has anyone been moved into a seat in Broomloan Front?
Alright mate, I’m actively trying to move out of BF1. Too old for bouncing for a full game now. Club couldn’t help and I’ve messaged UB on Facebook to see if they can help.

Don’t know I didn’t mark them down. Go to buy season ticket and put in that section and it will come up.
No worries, I have two in row L but want to get them closer to row X. Might email them anyway, cheers

Actually, I'm an idiot. I'm in SJE1, read it and even typed it wrong ha ha.

Cheers anyway

Cheers joker, have asked TO this past 2 seasons if possible to have mine and Mates seats together, so as we can take kids across, told TO any area in the Stadium would be considered bar the Club Deck, shocked to learn there is so many pairs of seats that would solve our problem.

I got two different replies, one yesterday

One telling me transfers are on- going at the moment and into the season and then one joke of an email this morning telling me that all seat transfers have been completed. A very blunt email at that!

Pay your money and f*ck off still the customer service motto.

Going to ask a really silly question here, but has anyone ever spoke to any type of customer service contact at the Club?

I absolutely that the TO is closed and they can just fob you off with emails that don’t tell you anything you don’t already know. Some of them rude in them as well.

Last edited:
My advice would be stick with it, I also had emails like you’ve had, Just kept contacting and managed to get a move I’m very happy with

Going to ask a really silly question here, but has anyone ever spoke to any type of customer service type contact at the Club?

I absolutely that the TO is closed and they can just fob you off with emails that don’t tell you anything you don’t already know. Some of them rude in them as well.

David Milburn is the Customer Service Manager. I contacted him earlier in the year on some points and he got back to me.

DavidMilburn@rangers.co.uk

This is all symptomatic of the world at large now. Ask a customer related question of any organisation and you get fobbed off with ah but covid that is if you get a reply at all. Let's face it Rangers do not give a stuff particularly while there is a waiting list which thousands were willing to join by paying a premium. Loyalty to to the existing long standing fan base my erse.

Thanks to @the_joker8 was able to screenshot available pairs of seats to the Ticket Office last night, asking if i could swap to them or an other available pair with the exception of the Club Deck.

Lo and behold, just received a reply email telling me there are no seats and seat swap has closed...

Biscuit Tin Operation.

Good Morning

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm seat transfers for season 2022/23 have now been completed.

Kind regards,

Marion

Does anyone know if the barriers directly above where clubdeck hospitality boxes come out cause restricted viewing ? Or better still have pictures from Row H in these areas ?? Cheers in advance

Does anyone know if the barriers directly above where clubdeck hospitality boxes come out cause restricted viewing ? Or better still have pictures from Row H in these areas ?? Cheers in advance
Have a play around on website A View From My Seat (linked below). This photo, for example, is from CD3 Row G so will be similar to what you are looking for.

Cheers mate, already tried this to no avail.
Well, that's Row G, so Row H will be the row behind so virtually identical and even higher above any barriers. Only thing that will be different will be the angle of view depending on which section of the Club Deck it is - with CD1 or CD 7 obviously being more into the corners.

Back in the days when I had my Debentures we were in CD2 Row K and never had any line of sight problems if that's any good to you. The view from up there was great, the legroom less so.

Which section of CD are you looking for?

CD4 Row J.

(Pretty sure you would have a clear unrestricted view from Row H in the CD.)

AB8-ACE4-A-CEC8-41-EF-A435-9-C8134-A4-DB15.jpg

Well, that's Row G, so Row H will be the row behind so virtually identical and even higher above any barriers. Only thing that will be different will be the angle of view depending on which section of the Club Deck it is - with CD1 or CD 7 obviously being more into the corners.

Back in the days when I had my Debentures we were in CD2 Row K and never had any line of sight problems if that's any good to you. The view from up there was great, the legroom less so.

Which section of CD are you looking for?
CD5 pal. Think I may almost be above stairwell for hospitality. Its the small barrier above that I'm concerned about. Hopefully be fine. Cheer for the help.

Anyone had any joy with a move? I renewed my seat in MRS which is restricted view, can see a seat in MRD for sale on the website which I think would be better.
I have emailed the club enquiring about this specific seat, is that the way to go about it? It's still restricted not interfering with the goal mouth like my current seat does.

Have you just been offered a seat move? Don't know where you sit currently, but this looks like a brilliant move!

How do you see the actual seats? I can see which sections have tickets available and that they are all showing as limited but cant see the row and seat number, how do we see that?

How do you see the actual seats? I can see which sections have tickets available and that they are all showing as limited but cant see the row and seat number, how do we see that?
I went through every section and added them to my basket. That gave me the seat numbers. You have to do it through the sections rather than click on the map.

Anyone had any joy with a move? I renewed my seat in MRS which is restricted view, can see a seat in MRD for sale on the website which I think would be better.
I have emailed the club enquiring about this specific seat, is that the way to go about it? It's still restricted not interfering with the goal mouth like my current seat does.
My old seat was in MRD row A, if that's the one you're looking at.

What’s the restricted views like all the way along that area?

If I manage to get a seat this year, I’m pretty sure it will be restricted view.
It's a bit annoying, big beam in the way. But the 3 seats to the right of me were always empty as apparently the club aren't allowed to sell them due to the restricted view, so I would always just move around a bit. Around £450 I think it was for the seat there.

It's a bit annoying, big beam in the way. But the 3 seats to the right of me were always empty as apparently the club aren't allowed to sell them due to the restricted view, so I would always just move around a bit. Around £450 I think it was for the seat there.

Yeah I can see why it’s annoying lol I would take it though. At least you can see the 2 goals.

ticket office cant literally get a thing right, they have a system in place to get a seat move.

I joined the seat move wait list, heard nothing. After viewing this thread contacted them, told club will contact if a move is there, again heard nothing.

When the Tickets for my gers wait list season books went live i was able to see them, sent another email kicking off asking how that can possibly be offering new ticket holders a choice when I was only offered club deck when i purchased and had requested a move.

next day i got a call and give a seat in the copland front. Worked out in the end but only if you shout loudest. They need to automate the process and open the tickets to those who want a move the way they allow new sales to be done. It would also speed things up.

Back