Seat sub

Shoe Burns

Is there a set time these seats get released or is it just as punters give them up and it’s just the case of keeping an eye out?

Is there a set time these seats get released or is it just as punters give them up and it’s just the case of keeping an eye out?
They get offered up once all non-ST seats have been sold. For the Hearts game, if that's what you mean, they are already appearing - and will continue to appear as folk release them. For the Hibs game circa 200 appeared overnight on the Saturday before the game on Sunday afternoon.:eek:

Released mine last week and still showing as returned and hasn't appeared on the stadium map yet.

Released Aberdeen other day and it's re-sold already.

For the Hibs game if you sold on seatsub you received free access to RTV to watch the game. Any idea if this will also be in place for the Hearts game?

For the Hibs game if you sold on seatsub you received free access to RTV to watch the game. Any idea if this will also be in place for the Hearts game?
I would expect the same thing to happen again. There's been nothing released yet regarding RangersTV for the Hearts game - not even for those overseas. One, slightly, complicating factor this time around is that they will not be able to make the match available in England due to the EPL blackout - but it should be available to the rest of the UK and beyond, either as a freebie from SeatSub or on PPV.

Watch this space I guess.

I don't understand why the tickets aren't released straight away, my guess is a system limitation which needs to be overcome. Also if showing seatsub for all league games this season allow them to be released now and not limit the matches shown when clicking through on them.

I don't understand why the tickets aren't released straight away, my guess is a system limitation which needs to be overcome. Also if showing seatsub for all league games this season allow them to be released now and not limit the matches shown when clicking through on them.
The club will want to maximise income from seats available at full price. They only get 1/2 the fee for a seatsub.

Does anyone know how much we actually get back towards next seasons seat?

The T&C’s don’t specify exactly:

“You will receive varying credits towards your Season Ticket for 2022/23 depending on the level of ticket purchased on your seat. These values will be confirmed at a later date”

I think they were giving 50% back on the OF, assuming that’s the same is it 50% of the pro-rata ST price or 50% of how much they charge a non-ST holder?

I would expect the same thing to happen again. There's been nothing released yet regarding RangersTV for the Hearts game - not even for those overseas. One, slightly, complicating factor this time around is that they will not be able to make the match available in England due to the EPL blackout - but it should be available to the rest of the UK and beyond, either as a freebie from SeatSub or on PPV.

Watch this space I guess.

Is that enforceable ? Making something available elsewhere in the UK but not England?

Is that enforceable ? Making something available elsewhere in the UK but not England?
I assume so. For example, DundeeTV had our game on PPV - but it wasn't available in England. Same with all the Saturday 3pm kick-offs as far as I'm aware. Presumably all part of the extended broadcast agreement. I imagine they just put a geo-block on it in the same way we did for the Malmo game which was available to RangersTV viewers overseas - but not in Sweden.

Ironically if you lived in England I guess you could VPN to France and get it absolutely fine.

I’m trying to release my ST seat for the Hearts game as I can’t make it anymore.
The website is not letting me access seatsub though even when signed into my account.
I’ve used this with ease in the past but doesn’t want to work for me now.
Anyone got any ideas?

I’m trying to release my ST seat for the Hearts game as I can’t make it anymore.
The website is not letting me access seatsub though even when signed into my account.
Anyone got any ideas?
Log in thru here. It’s not straight forward but the ticket website is a different page to the main website. I would bookmark the linked site for future reference.

Scroll top right to - Menu
Once signed in
Scroll to - Menu again
Select ‘Tickets & Parking’
Drop down menu will appear
Scroll down to - Seatsub

Last edited:
Anyone got any ideas?

Log in, select "My Account", then select "SeatSub", tick the box and follow instructions from there.

That should sort you mate.

Just checked mine this morning. Made my seat available for Aberdeen and showing as re-sold. Made my seat available for Hibs game and although when I checked stadium map the seat was appearing then disappeared I don’t remember seeing re-sold beside it

If it’s for Hearts, that must already be the case because I just checked my account and my seat has already been resold
How do you know it’s been sold, used it for hearts also, thought we might get an email so we knew?

How do you know it’s been sold, used it for hearts also, thought we might get an email so we knew?
At the moment unless you looked just before the Hibs game you won't know. There is a seatsub credit section within the my account area of the ticket website but it's not been updated yet. If it sold I expect that's how we will find out.

Mine definitely sold for Hibs so I'm keeping an eye out for the update, will post when it does.

The reply above seemed a bit convoluted and confusing I thought.

I know it’s been sold because it says “resold” in the Seat Sub section of ‘My Account’ on the ticket site. All you need to do is check on there
It won't show for the Hibs game or any game before that if you go there right now. So unless you looked before the games took place like your doing for the Hearts game just now you won't have any way of knowing if it sold.

The seatsub credit section when you click on My Account, once updated should indicate if it did sell. Currently there is no SeatSub history section showing all games that have remained unsold or resold.

It won't show for the Hibs game or any game before that if you go there right now. So unless you looked before the games took place like your doing for the Hearts game just now you won't have any way of knowing if it sold.

The seatsub credit section when you click on My Account, once updated should indicate if it did sell. Currently there is no SeatSub history section showing all games that have remained unsold or resold.

So you’re referring to whether it has sold for games that have already taken place ?

Then yeah you can’t go back and retrospectively check if you didn’t notice it had been sold at the time.

I thought he was asking about the Hearts game from the way he worded it

So you’re referring to whether it has sold for games that have already taken place ?

Then yeah you can’t go back and retrospectively check if you didn’t notice it had been sold at the time.

I thought he was asking about the Hearts game from the way he worded it
He mentioned the Hibs game as well, that's probably why my first reply seemed confusing at first :))

I fed this back to Rangers yesterday so hoping it will be improved in the near future.

Edit: actually he didn't mention Hibs but the way I read it he was referring to previous games. My assumption caused the confusion so apologies for that.

If it’s for Hearts, that must already be the case because I just checked my account and my seat has already been resold
How does it work cash wise? Does the ticket get sold at face value ,(same as public sale) and you get that full amount or just a % of.

Just checked mine this morning. Made my seat available for Aberdeen and showing as re-sold. Made my seat available for Hibs game and although when I checked stadium map the seat was appearing then disappeared I don’t remember seeing re-sold beside it
Check your order history (Menu - My Account - Order History) and check if you’ve had Rangers v Hibs Points Update added, if your seat sold then you will have had 5 MyGers Points added

Great tip, just checked one of mine and can see this. Doesn't say the amount of points but the fact it's there is a great way to confirm. Cheers

upload pic

May also explain why I have MyGers points on two accounts even though I've never signed them up to it :))

Great tip, just checked one of mine and can see this. Doesn't say the amount of points but the fact it's there is a great way to confirm. Cheers

upload pic

May also explain why I have MyGers points on two accounts even though I've never signed them up to it :))
There should be a red ‘I’ button next to the date, click on that and it should tell you the loyalty points added

There should be a red ‘I’ button next to the date, click on that and it should tell you the loyalty points added
It does mate, annoyingly it says the status is purchased rather than resold but at least there is a way to check it and confirm. Nice one B-)

Useful to see that when you go into My Gers account, where the points total is, it now also shows the amount of credit banked.

£30 on my sons juvenile ticket for returning the Celtic and hibs games.

I just put my seat in the Club Deck up for sale on SeatSub and my mate who sits next to me is about to do the same, if anyone is looking for 2 together!

Check your order history (Menu - My Account - Order History) and check if you’ve had Rangers v Hibs Points Update added, if your seat sold then you will have had 5 MyGers Points added

It doesn’t have to have sold now to get the points. Just have to make it available (before whatever deadline they set)

MyGers_FAQ.jpg

Useful to see that when you go into My Gers account, where the points total is, it now also shows the amount of credit banked.

£30 on my sons juvenile ticket for returning the Celtic and hibs games.
Mine hasn't been updated yet, great news they're starting to update them now though.

It doesn’t have to have sold now to get the points. Just have to make it available (before whatever deadline they set)

MyGers_FAQ.jpg
Well that's annoying and potentially puts us back to square one in trying to confirm if they sold after the game has finished?

Well that's annoying and potentially puts us back to square one in trying to confirm if they sold after the game has finished?

Ask @2fernando above mate. He said £30 is showing for his kids ticket for a couple of games, guess if you don’t have what he’s got it didn’t sell unfortunately.

Again, surely couldn’t be hard for them to send you an automated email once the seat is sold. But needs to be coded in. Which takes time. Suppose it is another thing to the never-ending IT improvements list!

Ask @2fernando above mate. He said £30 is showing for his kids ticket for a couple of games, guess if you don’t have what he’s got it didn’t sell unfortunately.

Again, surely couldn’t be hard for them to send you an automated email once the seat is sold. But needs to be coded in. Which takes time. Suppose it is another thing to the never-ending IT improvements list!
Two of mine definitely resold for Hibs as I checked before the game and them disappearing from the seatsub list.

Think it's a manual process to update so should happen eventually. The email notification is a suggestion that's been made, development work needed to add this feature like you said.

Two of mine definitely resold for Hibs as I checked before the game and them disappearing from the seatsub list.

Think it's a manual process to update so should happen eventually. The email notification is a suggestion that's been made, development work needed to add this feature like you said.

Cool, looks like a waiting game but hopefully won’t be long for you if Fernando’s kid got his added on. Really it should be done straight away but we don’t need to get into that anymore!

Fair play to you taking this up with Greg and Rangers on the other thread mate. A lot of us sit and moan on here but do nothing so great you’ve stepped up and taken this head on. Cheers.

Cool, looks like a waiting game but hopefully won’t be long for you if Fernando’s kid got his added on. Really it should be done straight away but we don’t need to get into that anymore!

Fair play to you taking this up with Greg and Rangers on the other thread mate. A lot of us sit and moan on here but do nothing so great you’ve stepped up and taken this head on. Cheers.
I’ve only just checked it this morning after coming on to this thread so possibly they are still working on it but from my side it’s a really positive step.

The order history shows the two games in there which I’m pretty sure wasn’t there last time I looked.

Just to make sure you are checking the right place I went to
MyGers Memberships
Membership tier
Click the link to view points.
Scroll down to seat sub section
Banked credit

Gotcha, better than nothing for yourself if you can not pass it on, and a winner for the club.

For some reason it triggers a lot of posters on here who like telling you seatsub is crap and you should just “give it to a mate”

He mentioned the Hibs game as well, that's probably why my first reply seemed confusing at first :))

I fed this back to Rangers yesterday so hoping it will be improved in the near future.

Edit: actually he didn't mention Hibs but the way I read it he was referring to previous games. My assumption caused the confusion so apologies for that.
Sorry I meant I used it for the Motherwell game actually and again for hearts. Can see hearts is so sold and thanks to the replies I now know I can’t retrospectively see if the seat sold for the previous game.

I’ve only just checked it this morning after coming on to this thread so possibly they are still working on it but from my side it’s a really positive step.

The order history shows the two games in there which I’m pretty sure wasn’t there last time I looked.

Just to make sure you are checking the right place I went to
MyGers Memberships
Membership tier
Click the link to view points.
Scroll down to seat sub section
Banked credit
Can you show a screenshot of this as I don't have MyGers so can't follow your step by step process?

Can you show a screenshot of this as I don't have MyGers so can't follow your step by step process?
On phone mate so not sure how to screen shot.

Just checked again though and another way to access it without using MyGers.

Menu bar at top right should bring up a black sidebar
Scroll down to “Hi Boab, rangers number” (just below My Account)
Page that opens has several bit of info including the seat sub credit

Back