Seat transfer email out

Cheers mate. Hopefully someone is able to post a pic as theres none on the a view from my seat website. Row F which im thinking is going to be too close to the pitch

Last edited:
Looks like transfers are still ongoing. Just had an email offering me and my dad a move to GE3. Anyone sit there have any opinions to give on the area?
I gave up 3 seats in GE3 to move to BF. Good seats and always players passing through to and from the Ibrox Suite. Kids had many pics. Depends how high up you are as when the action is at your end in the box you always need to stand to look over to your left. Corners too

I had requested GF4 further back but was told today via email that there is no single seats available in the section. I’d have hoped that they also looked at gf3 and gf5 but on reflection I did specify GF4. Had hoped for the odd single seat to be free but there’s no room at the inn.
I requested GF4 with my seat swap and got offered GF3 row P

I received this in an email earlier today. I emailed seattranfers@rangers.co.uk yesterday as I hadn’t had any reply from a few emails sent to ticket office email over the last month or so.

“Hi

Thank you for your email

I’m sorry we can’t accommodate you this season you are on the transfer for next season”

In a remarkable turn of events it would appear that my final, final plea via email regarding my transfer request actually worked. West Enclosure to Govan Rear, quite high up but still delighted to get the move. I'll actually be able to see the entire pitch and stay dry :) As expected, there were no options to find us 2 seats together but we did get offered 2 individual seats in the same section, which is of course good enough. Email offer accepted and bank transfers done. So, hopefully that's the move done. Moral of the story - keep believing, as Marvin once told us.

In a remarkable turn of events it would appear that my final, final plea via email regarding my transfer request actually worked. West Enclosure to Govan Rear, quite high up but still delighted to get the move. I'll actually be able to see the entire pitch and stay dry :) As expected, there were no options to find us 2 seats together but we did get offered 2 individual seats in the same section, which is of course good enough. Email offer accepted and bank transfers done. So, hopefully that's the move done. Moral of the story - keep believing, as Marvin once told us.
Great news mate glad the saga is over for you after reading some of your posts seemed you where getting no where good stuff.

I'd emailed them this morning and was told that transfers were completed, but my request will remain active.
Got the reply within 5 minutes before 8am this morning.

Result mate. Im in sw3 and its a decent seat in line with the edge of the box, but on occasion I've sauntered over to sw5 and I don't blame you for pushing to move. At least now you'll have no need for a neck brace.

I've still heard nothing from the TO, but others, like yourself, are in need of a swap more than me if I'm being honest.

Result mate. Im in sw3 and its a decent seat in line with the edge of the box, but on occasion I've sauntered over to sw5 and I don't blame you for pushing to move. At least now you'll have no need for a neck brace.

I've still heard nothing from the TO, but others, like yourself, are in need of a swap more than me if I'm being honest.

:))

Thanks. In my SW5 seat I require a next brace, bionic vision and a set of full waterproofs and wind protection, it doesn't half whip in to that corner. Glad to see the back of that. And, some lucky new season ticket holder will no doubt get those seats and be delighted to get in at all, so it all works out. Although I predict they will put themselves on the seat transfer list within 3 months!

SW3 is definitely better, I generally love the Enclosures. Had a season ticket in SE4 for 15 years or so, row T, it was an excellent seat. Should have kept it when I moved south, did so for a couple of years but then work/life took over so I gave it up, a pal of mine still has it. Error on my part, should have kept it. Now though I can retire to my new spot in Govan Rear and be happy. The extra couple of hundred quid is worth it.

So I accepted the transfer via email, got sent another mail with bank transfer details, paid via bank transfer (2 separate payments quoting Rangers numbers and seat numbers). The 2 tickets are still in my basket at full price so I assume I ignore that having paid the difference via bank transfer. Anyone got any guidance on what happens next? Will I get confirmation from Rangers that the payment has been made and transfer is done and if so, how long does that usually take?

:))

Thanks. In my SW5 seat I require a next brace, bionic vision and a set of full waterproofs and wind protection, it doesn't half whip in to that corner. Glad to see the back of that. And, some lucky new season ticket holder will no doubt get those seats and be delighted to get in at all, so it all works out. Although I predict they will put themselves on the seat transfer list within 3 months!

SW3 is definitely better, I generally love the Enclosures. Had a season ticket in SE4 for 15 years or so, row T, it was an excellent seat. Should have kept it when I moved south, did so for a couple of years but then work/life took over so I gave it up, a pal of mine still has it. Error on my part, should have kept it. Now though I can retire to my new spot in Govan Rear and be happy. The extra couple of hundred quid is worth it.
My first season ticket was down in SW5 iirc. Always find it amusing when folk talk of removing the screens and filling in the corners in the Govan as folk don’t realise that many people have seats that rely on being able to see the screens at times.

My first season ticket was down in SW5 iirc. Always find it amusing when folk talk of removing the screens and filling in the corners in the Govan as folk don’t realise that many people have seats that rely on being able to see the screens at times.

Very good point. Screens are actually essential for some seats including SW5.

Anybody with a seat transfer to a cheaper seat get an unexpected amount requested for Instalment 3?

I've accepted a transfer to a cheaper area of the stadium and was told remaining payments would be amended to incorporate the price difference.

I paid £364 over Instalments 1&2 before transferring to a seat that costs around £500 - leaving around £140 to pay to reach the price of my new seat. Going by the TO saying my payments would be amended I expected this to be split into 2 payments of about £70.

Instalment 3 yesterday was £123 which I paid, leaving me a balance of less than £20 for Instalment 4.

Does anyone know if it'll just be the balance they request? I get the feeling they're going to charge me the same as Instalment 3 and have to reimburse me or give me credit, which I cba with.

TO haven't responded to my query yet.

Anybody with a seat transfer to a cheaper seat get an unexpected amount requested for Instalment 3?

I've accepted a transfer to a cheaper area of the stadium and was told remaining payments would be amended to incorporate the price difference.

I paid £364 over Instalments 1&2 before transferring to a seat that costs around £500 - leaving around £140 to pay to reach the price of my new seat. Going by the TO saying my payments would be amended I expected this to be split into 2 payments of about £70.

Instalment 3 yesterday was £123 which I paid, leaving me a balance of less than £20 for Instalment 4.

Does anyone know if it'll just be the balance they request? I get the feeling they're going to charge me the same as Instalment 3 and have to reimburse me or give me credit, which I cba with.

Yep I am similar for myself and 2 sons (one concession and juvenile)

Payments don't add up. Will wait until 4th instalment is out before I query.

Also not sure if there is an admin fee for the seat move? I am sure i read 20 pound as getting new smart card etc.

Yep I am similar for myself and 2 sons (one concession and juvenile)

Payments don't add up. Will wait until 4th instalment is out before I query.

Also not sure if there is an admin fee for the seat move? I am sure i read 20 pound as getting new smart card etc.
Cool cheers mate. I thought I'd get ahead of the game and ask them now. I'll let you know if they get back to me.

Good shout about the admin fee hadn't even crossed my mind.

Edit: checked the fees on the FAQs, it's £5 to move seat. It's £20 to change ownership of a seat.

After a month of unanswered emails the TO have finally responded to now tell me there are no seats available to where I wanted to move and the transfers are finished for the season. This is despite telling them for weeks of two specific seats that I know for a fact were free because the previous ST holders didn’t renew this year. The level of customer service is dreadful.

So I accepted the transfer via email, got sent another mail with bank transfer details, paid via bank transfer (2 separate payments quoting Rangers numbers and seat numbers). The 2 tickets are still in my basket at full price so I assume I ignore that having paid the difference via bank transfer. Anyone got any guidance on what happens next? Will I get confirmation from Rangers that the payment has been made and transfer is done and if so, how long does that usually take?
It was 2 days for me mate for confirmation.

I haven’t got an email with confirmation or amounts to pay (despite being offered and accepting the swap two weeks ago) but DM’d the SLO on twitter and he told me to put the new seat as reference and then I just worked out the difference myself. Been a nightmare trying to sort this as it looks like I’ve now underpaid going by your post.

Class pal, persistence pays off. I’m in dialog still albeit one reply a day.

Wee update - T.O. got back to me and confirmed with Finance Dept that Instalment 4 will only be the remaining balance. @dalkeithlad25

I haven’t got an email with confirmation or amounts to pay (despite being offered and accepting the swap two weeks ago) but DM’d the SLO on twitter and he told me to put the new seat as reference and then I just worked out the difference myself. Been a nightmare trying to sort this as it looks like I’ve now underpaid going by your post.
Take it you are bank transfer mate? I was meant to be DD but paying through the link email like most folk so amounts were specified on the emails. Best to check in with T.O mate

what would be the best email to contact if somebody hasn't been contacted yet. mate of mine still hasn't heard anything back regarding his move

Thought I’d follow up - in total I had to send 10 emails to eventually push/sort a seat move.
I was told after multiple generic emails that they had looked at my request but were unable to find availability in the areas I had put as a preference so therefore did not offer a move. We then asked for alternative options not within the preference and they then offered a great pair of seats which we have now accepted and confirmation has went through.

The main issue I see (or one of them) is that currently they ask you to pick a preference of stand/area with no option for a “anywhere” or similar selection. If there is no availability in the forced preference then there will be no seat offer. A simple change to the waiting list form would bring benefit as fans would see seat moves being offered if “anywhere” was selected, which would be a good start.

Obviously in the future if there was a way of automating the offers or opening up the ticket portal to facilitate seat transfers chosen by the fans that would be the best solution, obviously comes with development costs etc. However given we are hopefully going to be running Ibrox at near full capacity (ST’s) then there should be more focus on getting fans sitting near friend and family to create a better match day experience and atmosphere.

Overall, work certainly to be done in this area but I am just glad I managed to get a move! So keep trying if you are holding out.

@Greg Marshall feel free to pass on the feedback.

I accepted a transfer on my seat about 6 day’s ago and haven’t heard any confirmation back yet... always worry I haven’t done things properly.

Thought I’d follow up - in total I had to send 10 emails to eventually push/sort a seat move.
I was told after multiple generic emails that they had looked at my request but were unable to find availability in the areas I had put as a preference so therefore did not offer a move. We then asked for alternative options not within the preference and they then offered a great pair of seats which we have now accepted and confirmation has went through.

The main issue I see (or one of them) is that currently they ask you to pick a preference of stand/area with no option for a “anywhere” or similar selection. If there is no availability in the forced preference then there will be no seat offer. A simple change to the waiting list form would bring benefit as fans would see seat moves being offered if “anywhere” was selected, which would be a good start.

Obviously in the future if there was a way of automating the offers or opening up the ticket portal to facilitate seat transfers chosen by the fans that would be the best solution, obviously comes with development costs etc. However given we are hopefully going to be running Ibrox at near full capacity (ST’s) then there should be more focus on getting fans sitting near friend and family to create a better match day experience and atmosphere.

Overall, work certainly to be done in this area but I am just glad I managed to get a move! So keep trying if you are holding out.

When did you get your offer of the two seats together and where are they for?

Interesting. I never had to fill any waiting list form in to request a seat transfer. I emailed the ticket office shortly after renewal in each of the last few years. And on that email (and multiple subsequent emails over the years, but especially in recent weeks) made it clear that I'd consider any alternative location. At no point did they send me a form, or request any preferences. I got the move eventually as you know and am delighted with it. My wallet less so :)) I'd totally agree with the principle that the process needs to be reviewed however, there are definite improvements that can be made.

When did you get your offer of the two seats together and where are they for?
Offer on Friday and once in discussion the dialogue was quick so no faulting then there.
Two seats together CD2 Row E - confirmation through yesterday

Interesting. I never had to fill any waiting list form in to request a seat transfer. I emailed the ticket office shortly after renewal in each of the last few years. And on that email (and multiple subsequent emails over the years, but especially in recent weeks) made it clear that I'd consider any alternative location. At no point did they send me a form, or request any preferences. I got the move eventually as you know and am delighted with it. My wallet less so :)) I'd totally agree with the principle that the process needs to be reviewed however, there are definite improvements that can be made.
I think there is a few people who have had different methods of applying for the move. I guess an initial improvement is getting the requests online similar to the ST waiting list. We may have moaned the most but both been sorted out ;) albeit £500 lighter for the trouble

Offer on Friday and once in discussion the dialogue was quick so no faulting then there.
Two seats together CD2 Row E - confirmation through yesterday
Cheers mate.
Your circumstances where almost identical to our own.
I got a call from the Ticket Office last Thursday and went trough the potential options for a move.
Hope you enjoy your new seat.

I got an email earlier today saying that because the renewal in my specified area was hig h they couldn't accommodate my request. I replied saying I hadn't been asked to choose a specific area and stressed again that I was happy to move anywhere in the stadium along as it was 2 seats together as the other ticket was my young sons ticket. They then phoned me and sorted out the swap to cr1 for me and my son

I got a email back from them eventually.Saying there was 3000 on the waiting list for renewals.Then another one saying unfortunately they could not accommodate me for this seasons swap.

Back