Seat transfer

I renewed at the TO last Wednesday, I asked them to confirm that they had my seat transfer request on their system. The lady confirmed that my request was indeed on the system, it has been for a year, but with 8000 in a queue she doubted I’d hear this year.

I renewed at the TO last Wednesday, I asked them to confirm that they had my seat transfer request on their system. The lady confirmed that my request was indeed on the system, it has been for a year, but with 8000 in a queue she doubted I’d hear this year.

The ticket office talk shite. They should try and accommodate as many ticket swaps as possible. It might actually generate more money if people have to pay the difference. Why should seat transfers for loyal season ticket holders be merged into the same list of people waiting to get a season ticket (and no one is convinced it's an actual waiting list).

The ticket office talk shite. They should try and accommodate as many ticket swaps as possible. It might actually generate more money if people have to pay the difference. Why should seat transfers for loyal season ticket holders be merged into the same list of people waiting to get a season ticket (and no one is convinced it's an actual waiting list).

Yeh mate I know and sadly it also depends on which person you get serving you and what mood they are in.

The system seems overly complicated and unclear.

8,000 in a queue is wrong. I logged into my online account and they have me down as requesting a move to Govan Rear.... I have never done that!

My mates details are also looking for a move to the Broomloan Front.... Again he's never done that.

They need to start a fresh. I got my tickets changed last year through pot luck and finding out through the availability section online rather than them contact me.

The waiting list is false as is relocation of seat.

8,000 in a queue is wrong. I logged into my online account and they have me down as requesting a move to Govan Rear.... I have never done that!

My mates details are also looking for a move to the Broomloan Front.... Again he's never done that.

They need to start a fresh. I got my tickets changed last year through pot luck and finding out through the availability section online rather than them contact me.

Of course I’m only stating what the TO girl told me over the counter as I handed over my ST money for GF4.

I previously requested two seats in bar72, me and a mate whose in cd3. I actually would be happy with a single seat move to further back in gf4. You’d think that it’d be a simple admin move if there’s a seat in gf4 that is not a season ticket holders seat already. Rules are rules though.

I went down with my brother at lunchtime to talk to someone at the ticket centre - usual patter of huge waitlist etc.

She said 43k renewed so not a lot of space for movement - think anyone whos requested in the last year is probably in for a wait

What is interesting is that the website view of the seats is vastly different to that the to have.

I had a restricted st seat for the neiderkorn game (shudders), next day I high tailed it to the to and requested a move. I got one there and then and could see their screen view, there were seats allocated, seats not allocated and a few other statuses I wasn’t clear on.

I think you’re fooked if you want multiple seats together but for the lone bear then there’s bound to be options.

Does anyone know the protocol for swapping seats with someone you know? I sit in SW1, and would like a seat in the Broomloan rear. Got speaking to the guy who sits beside me before the last tims game and mentioned I wouldnt mind moving to broomie rear as our seats as restricted slightly by the away dug out. He then mentioned to me that his son sits in Broomie rear and would like to sit with his dad.... Is it as simple as getting in touch with the T.O. with both our Rangers numbers and asking for names to be changed for the seat? Or am i thinking that would be too good to be true? I know there may be slight price differences that may need to be taken into account.

Cheers in advance

Yeh mate I know and sadly it also depends on which person you get serving you and what mood they are in.

The system seems overly complicated and unclear.
2 years ago, we were on the list for a move. Was told that I was 1,500 in the queue. Phoned back on the off chance the following week and the boy got me the two seat move I needed there and then.

I’ve no doubt the TO do their best, I’ve never had any real issues other than an end result I was after, but very much seems like it depends on who you speak to.

Whereabouts is that seat transfer note on your account?
I’ll check to see if my request is on there.

Is it not a case of how many season tickets you’re looking to move that dictates the time it takes for you to get a seat transfer?

It’s not easy to get 4 together in the Copland Front for instance but if you’re looking for a single seat then it should be much of an issue?

I hope that’s the case anyway as I’m trying to get a move from the club deck to the Copland.

Is it not a case of how many season tickets you’re looking to move that dictates the time it takes for you to get a seat transfer?

It’s not easy to get 4 together in the Copland Front for instance but if you’re looking for a single seat then it should be much of an issue?

I hope that’s the case anyway as I’m trying to get a move from the club deck to the Copland.
Not sure. I was looking for 3 together last summer and got them whereas if I had applied through the 'waiting list' I wouldn't have got any.

Keep tabs on the website when it comes out to public sale as peoples ST Payments etc start to fail also.

You would think someone takes the list looks through it , for example mr A is in main stand , wants to move to Copland , mr B is in Copland wants to move the main stand. Or that too much like common sense for the ticket office

Does anyone know the protocol for swapping seats with someone you know? I sit in SW1, and would like a seat in the Broomloan rear. Got speaking to the guy who sits beside me before the last tims game and mentioned I wouldnt mind moving to broomie rear as our seats as restricted slightly by the away dug out. He then mentioned to me that his son sits in Broomie rear and would like to sit with his dad.... Is it as simple as getting in touch with the T.O. with both our Rangers numbers and asking for names to be changed for the seat? Or am i thinking that would be too good to be true? I know there may be slight price differences that may need to be taken into account.

Cheers in advance
20 quid fee to swap with someone you know. Both need to sign a letter and all your details - DOB, rangers number etc

Where can you see that?

You would think someone takes the list looks through it , for example mr A is in main stand , wants to move to Copland , mr B is in Copland wants to move the main stand. Or that too much like common sense for the ticket office
Exactly. Also they could look for the tickets that they might make money on too and it would just get some movement going. For instance club deck to another stand might be the difference of £100 revenue and it might free up seats together in the club deck, I.e. 2 people looking for seats together there

Just checked under tickets and parking, and it appears i had also requested to be on the waiting list for a move to GR3/4 in 2015! i have removed that request so relax bears theres only 7999 on that list now... ;-)

Just checked my daughter's there, sent an email last month requesting she gets moved out of the family stand close to me in GF1. The request date online is 22/5/2018? Only done it last month fs! Also has 2 other preferences that I did not choose, BF and Govan rear??

should we have a thread that allows people to post their requested moves and then people can get together?

i phoned today guy was helpful and said anyone that has requested a move will be contacted by email

7,998 then? :p at least its heading the right direction

Don’t see the point in emailing the ticket office. If you want to move do it in person. I sent away the form requesting Govan front or rear or main stand front and I checked online there and my requested areas are Copland front or rear or enclosures . Seriously if there’s no seats fair enough but why put down areas I didn’t ask for and going by the thread I’m not alone. If anyone’s wondering I just cancelled the request and put in a new one with correct preferred stands. But don’t see how that’s right I’m prob at the back of the queue now when I put in correct areas and ticket office messed up

Last edited:
Theres a difference between swapping seats and a seat transfer. They will swap your seat no bother providing you pay the 20 quid.

I got a seat transfer in Jan 17, wasn't on any list to transfer, seen seats available and asked could I move there. Woman on phone said no, woman who answered my email said yes.

Don’t see the point in emailing the ticket office. If you want to move do it in person. I sent away the form requesting Govan front or rear or main stand front and I checked online there and my requested areas are Copland front or rear or enclosures . Seriously if there’s no seats fair enough but why put down areas I didn’t ask for and going by the thread I’m not alone. If anyone’s wondering I just cancelled the request and put in a new one with correct preferred stands. But don’t see how that’s right I’m prob at the back of the queue now when I put in correct areas and ticket office messed up
I requested one and it isn’t even showing online

I requested one last season. Checked my account and they have 3 random stands that I never asked for and it says I asked in 2009

I got mine moved with 2 days. Fixed yday. Although my mate wasnt renewing so I said can I move to his seat and they just needed an email from him and rangers numbers. Wont be quite as easy but if you can identify someone to swap with it should be seamless.

anybody know when they might start processing seat moves?

I got an email from Rangers yesterday saying this:

Thank you for your email.

You have now been added to the transfer waiting list.

– if we are able to accommodate this request the Club will contact by email to make an offer of transfer.

If we are unable to accommodate this then your request will remain open and we’ll assess availability again after renewals are completed for 2020/21 season, and each season thereafter until we can meet your request.

As it stands, with the Club having reached sales capacity for season tickets during the 2018/19 season, any capacity for transfers will be derived from seats not renewed by current ticket holders.

Just off the phone to the ticket office this morning. Got a move from CD2 to CF4.

The woman on the phone told me there were very limited seats in the Copland front, which was my preference.

I was only looking to move one ticket, I’d imagine if you’re looking to move 2 or 3 it may be much more difficult.

I went in on Saturday for my old man, as he hadn’t heard anything. Explained to the woman and she said he wasn’t on the list. I said he definitely is as I was in the previous week to make sure. She turns the computer round to show me that the guy put him on the season ticket waiting list !!

Woman was brand new and sorted the seat transfer right there and then. Wish I had gotten her name to write to the ticket office to say about how helpful she was. We need more people like her working for us, unlike that useless eejit that put my dad on the Season ticket waiting list when he already has a season ticket.

So it’s all sorted and my Dad now has a decent seat.

Been looking to move 1 ticket to the club deck and been on the list since last summer. Phoned up and a guy probably based the other side of the nile basically told me to f#ck right off and they would be in contact if anything is available.

Not exactly a friendly voice over the phone

I filled in a form via email to try and swap my one adult ticket in GF5 to an adult and child in either BF or BR. I hadn’t heard anything for a few weeks to say I was on the list so I phoned and they said I wasn’t and to fill form in again. It’s been almost 2 weeks and not heard back yet again. Going to have to pay the TO a visit in a couple of weeks when I get a chance to see if I’m on the list or not.

Been offered move to GR4 (Sandy Jardine Stand) row AA, currently sit in the middle of the front row of Copland Rear, in line with goals. £300+ increase to not sit in front row seems a bit mad but I think it would be better sitting in line with halfway line.

Anyone any advise?

Last edited:
I filled out the transfer form at the end of the season there for 2 seats plus an additional ticket and received a phone call out the blue last week to offer me the transfer and the additional ticket 0371 7021972 was the number, also gave me there direct line to call back with payment details this was 0141 5808505

Back