Seatsub - change of policy?

But you missing the point of about the actual scheme in place it is optional

You are not forced to join it
I'm not missing the point at all. If I take a three game European package in August for games Sept - December there should be a sensible way through the club to offload a ticket if I am unable to go.

I don't think that is too much to ask.

A lot more attractive than me having to sell my season ticket and post it off and wait on it coming back. Think I’ll just seat sub then all in future

I'm not missing the point at all. If I take a three game European package in August for games Sept - December there should be a sensible way through the club to offload a ticket if I am unable to go.

I don't think that is too much to ask.
But it is you that making that choice to join the CCCS you know the risk the club don't force you join the CCCS if they did then sure have back-up system in place but they won't do it on an optional scheme

But it is you that making that choice to join the CCCS you know the risk the club don't force you join the CCCS if they did then sure have back-up system in place but they won't do it on an optional scheme
I make a choice to buy a ST which gives me the option to offload if I can't attend, I expect the same for all ticket purchases now.

I shall take this up on Ask Rangers and the SLO, no point discussing it further here.

The scheme is really good for me. I work shifts and last season was the worst ever for missing games. I ended up getting £100 off my season ticket using the old system, but this will be a much better and fairer system.

I make a choice to buy a ST which gives me the option to offload if I can't attend, I expect the same for all ticket purchases now.

I shall take this up on Ask Rangers and the SLO, no point discussing it further here.
Wish you good luck probably told the same

It is a massively positive move for fans.

It’s just been communicated badly. That’s why this thread exists.
Understood now. Most important thing for me is having no empty seats, followed by a reward for fans. Of course exchange at face value is best for the fan and this is best for the club, and slightly better for the fan. Interesting to see the RSC angle though.

Not like the good folk of FF to immediately jump in and draw the worst possible conclusion ha ha.

The message could have been a wee bit clearer (and has now been edited to clarify you can still use credit towards STs) but, as per, the default position for many is to slate the Club and assume the worst.

This would indeed appear to be a good move that will benefit the fans.
Think your second point is key.

Perhaps the club could have been a little bit clearer with its message.

My issue is when it says “match tickets” it implies a change. Why would they give me an extra 25% (75% up from 50%) back this season to use towards my season ticket. Love Rangers but generosity is not my experience, I hope I’m wrong but I expect this means we can’t use it it towards next years season ticket.
Or they are trying to identify subtlety who is buying season tickets and not going and selling tickets for cash ie ticket office here, twitter, rsc instead except for big games.

There will come a day they will ban sales outside seat sub as breach of t&c it already is a breach but only clasped down on adults using kids tickets etc just now.

Then will manage those that don't attend in person a percentage of games to have season tickets removed.

It happens a lot more that people think where people only actually attend 5 or 6 games a year

It's cheaper than stadium expansion

It’s a simple system. Benefits the club and the supporters. The fact they have moved it to live credit is a positive move though will be keeping mine to help offset the following seasons season ticket as usual

Or they are trying to identify subtlety who is buying season tickets and not going and selling tickets for cash ie ticket office here, twitter, rsc instead except for big games.

There will come a day they will ban sales outside seat sub as breach of t&c it already is a breach but only clasped down on adults using kids tickets etc just now.

Then will manage those that don't attend in person a percentage of games to have season tickets removed.

It happens a lot more that people think where people only actually attend 5 or 6 games a year

Interesting take and of course it could be possible that the club will set a “minimum use” policy or seek to remove. Few issues being that season tickets as you say can be passed so it looks as though the person is always attending - No ID checks make this possible at the turnstiles. Or if they say you don’t meet a threshold of use, what is the threshold? Does illness count, do employers changing shifts count, in my case ( and I make at least 20 games at Ibrox a season despite travelling as a side note) does living a distance away mean the club will not sell seasons tickets outside a Geographical area due to risk. Again take the point but at the present time, impossible to implement.

Interesting take and of course it could be possible that the club will set a “minimum use” policy or seek to remove. Few issues being that season tickets as you say can be passed so it looks as though the person is always attending - No ID checks make this possible at the turnstiles. Or if they say you don’t meet a threshold of use, what is the threshold? Does illness count, do employers changing shifts count, in my case ( and I make at least 20 games at Ibrox a season despite travelling as a side note) does living a distance away mean the club will not sell seasons tickets outside a Geographical area due to risk. Again take the point but at the present time, impossible to implement.

And surely anyone who consistently uses seatsub to resell the seat wouldn’t be in a position to have their ticket taken off them.

It’s a simple system. Benefits the club and the supporters. The fact they have moved it to live credit is a positive move though will be keeping mine to help offset the following seasons season ticket as usual
It makes good business sense too. They know most will renew anyway, and a lot of people will be tempted to use their credit balance when paying for other tickets or whatever. It’s win win for the club.

I don’t use seatsub very often but I think that’s a positive change.

I’ve got some credit which I’ll use against my 3 match package to take some of the sting out of it :p
I’ll ask you as you seem to be positive about it.
If you’re credited £20 towards a club purchase, does it matter where it can be spent?
I mean, if you can only spend it on merchandise, and I’m guessing most of us would be doing this anyway, could it not just mean you spend it and put the money you were going to spend into your ST fund?

You are on to absolute plums then.
The CCCS is entirely optional.
You get the perk of semi and final ticket priority if you commit to the scheme.
Thousands commit their money to it every season,people know if you can’t make a game you have committed to pay,for then the money will still be taken.
The club know how many people have commited to the CCCS and can budget accordingly.
If you could just offload the ticket,the scheme wouldn’t work,if thousands did the same as you.
If you don’t want to commit to the CCCS and reap the benefits of ticket priority then don’t sign up for it.You always have the option ,as a season ticket holder,to buy your “own” seat for the extra games during the season ticket holder priority sale.

can’t see them doing this

Not only that but Rangers are making a extra 25% on each ticket sold through seat sub compared to if the season ticket holder just used there ticket

What a load of rubbish.

I work a 2 on 2 off rotation offshore, unfortunately this season I can only make 6 games before the split due to being away at work. Seatsub is perfect for me as the amount of games I can attend changes every season.

If I’m paying my season ticket the same as everyone else then why would I have it removed?

What a load of rubbish.

I work a 2 on 2 off rotation offshore, unfortunately this season I can only make 6 games before the split due to being away at work. Seatsub is perfect for me as the amount of games I can attend changes every season.

If I’m paying my season ticket the same as everyone else then why would I have it removed?

I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just saying we have a waiting list and the club has been pushed to start implementing model where season tickets are removed if don't attend x amount of games it gets raised in here all the time re German clubs doing it.

Sure some English clubs have started doing it as well man u I think we're mentioned other week

I'm more talking about where people are buying season tickets and only attending big games and selling other game ticket on even just for face value

Or

sometimes ie scum game selling ticket through ticketing site charge 150-200 for big games and face value for remainder is easy money for someone that doesn't go. The club loses out when that happens on hospitality etc

The other side is that someone only attending a small number of games is stopping someone else getting a season ticket that could go every game. That is a bigger issue for getting kids onto season tickets and future support ..... going every week becomes a habit and a way of life

this also stops people moving up through mygers and creates a issue for the club re ticketing arrangements and causes grief in a cash grab system like mygers where every point is the difference to attending a euro final a cup final etc longer term the next step is attendance at games

If the club is going to lose money or make money from it they will implement it longer term

You are on to absolute plums then.
The CCCS is entirely optional.
You get the perk of semi and final ticket priority if you commit to the scheme.
Thousands commit their money to it every season,people know if you can’t make a game you have committed to pay,for then the money will still be taken.
The club know how many people have commited to the CCCS and can budget accordingly.
If you could just offload the ticket,the scheme wouldn’t work,if thousands did the same as you.
If you don’t want to commit to the CCCS and reap the benefits of ticket priority then don’t sign up for it.You always have the option ,as a season ticket holder,to buy your “own” seat for the extra games during the season ticket holder priority sale.
The semi and final tickets are not an issue these are far easier to offload as they are paper tickets. The issue is the earlier cup rounds or European games where they are tied to your smart card. Living hundreds of miles from Ibrox means I either take the risk of sending my Smartcard away after selling it for the game on social media to bears who want to attend that game and hoping I get it back or the seat being empty. Therefore seatsub would ideal if it could be utilised for earlier cup games and home european ones.

The semi and final tickets are not an issue these are far easier to offload as they are paper tickets. The issue is the earlier cup rounds or European games where they are tied to your smart card. Living hundreds of miles from Ibrox means I either take the risk of sending my Smartcard away after selling it for the game on social media to bears who want to attend that game and hoping I get it back or the seat being empty. Therefore seatsub would ideal if it could be utilised for earlier cup games and home european ones.
Why would you want to sign up for the CCCS then punt your ticket?
Why not just choose the extra cup games you want to attend and buy the ticket on a game to game basis in the season ticket priority sale?
Seatsub is NOT happening for games for people who COMMIT to extra games vis the CCCS.
Just DON’T sign up to the CCCS then you won’t have to pay for games you have no intention of going to and save the hassle of selling on via your smart card.
No one has to sign up to it,you have a choice.
Unless of course you want the benefits of being on the scheme while others pay for you to reap the rewards…
It really is that simple ;) :D

Last edited:
Why would you want to sign up for the CCCS then punt your ticket?
Why not just choose the extra cup games you want to attend and buy the ticket on a game to game basis in the season ticket priority sale?
Seatsub is NOT happening for games for people who COMMIT to extra games vis the CCCS.
Just DON’T sign up to the CCCS then you won’t have to pay for games you have no intention of going to and save the hassle of selling on via your smart card.
No one has to sign up to it,you have a choice.
It really is that simple ;) :D
Because I may or may not be home for these games.
Because I aim to limit the amount of times I have had to spend on hold to the old ticket centre line or the shambolic website we have at present which is not very easy in the middle of sea with poor internet and european league stages are generally linked to 3 game packages.
Not sure what the big letters are for but cool.
Okay
Okay
It's not really but it's late and I've ran out of crayons.

Because I may or may not be home for these games.
Because I aim to limit the amount of times I have had to spend on hold to the old ticket centre line or the shambolic website we have at present which is not very easy in the middle of sea with poor internet and european league stages are generally linked to 3 game packages.
Not sure what the big letters are for but cool.
Okay
Okay
It's not really but it's late and I've ran out of crayons.
Good luck in your quest to change a priority ticketing system that has worked for the club for many years.A scheme that is totally optional to join.
You either sign up and pay like everyone else or you don’t commit.
If they change to what you are proposing then the whole framework of the scheme would be broken and that isn’t happening anytime soon.
:D:)):D

I’ll ask you as you seem to be positive about it.
If you’re credited £20 towards a club purchase, does it matter where it can be spent?
I mean, if you can only spend it on merchandise, and I’m guessing most of us would be doing this anyway, could it not just mean you spend it and put the money you were going to spend into your ST fund?
I don’t think you can spend on merchandise.

I do the ST over the 4 so it doesn’t really matter to me. I rarely use seatsub. But Greg confirme you can still use it against ST

Not looked into yet, but under the old system, you only got credits of £85 towards your season ticket renewal. Goodness, miss 4 games and you've exceeded you credit limit. As ever, a lot of gray areas.

Good luck in your quest to change a priority ticketing system that has worked for the club for many years.A scheme that is totally optional to join.
You either sign up and pay like everyone else or you don’t commit.
If they change to what you are proposing then the whole framework of the scheme would be broken and that isn’t happening anytime soon.
:D:)):D
Oh my goodness I would get more sense out of John Hartson.

Pure and simply if the club as stated in today's email 'We understand that it can be difficult to attend every match, no matter how loyal your support is. If you can’t get to the game, release your seat using SeatSub to help fill Ibrox for every home fixture.'

Therefore the same mechanism could and should be applied for all games ( I resisted the urge for capital all as it's a bit 'Kareny')

To be perfectly honest I can afford to pay for CCCS and European packages but if I was unable to attend these games I would appreciate an easy method of allowing other bears to attend these games as opposed to the current methods and risk of losing a Smartcard which comes with added inconvenience and cost.

So what you are stating and the risk that MyGers now poses is that people buy tickets to not use them merely to get the priority tickets. Personally I think it's rather selfish and I would happily allow my seat to be utilised at zero risk or effort to me, like say a system like seat sub would allow but it isn't happening anytime soon apparently.

Night John.

Not looked into yet, but under the old system, you only got credits of £85 towards your season ticket renewal. Goodness, miss 4 games and you've exceeded you credit limit. As ever, a lot of gray areas.
It's also the way it was communicated. I put the first 2 league matches onto seatsub 2 weeks ago and got credit emails for £25 each, I thought this was either an error as last season it was £17 or the club were re-selling my ticket in the enclosure for £50.

Oh my goodness I would get more sense out of John Hartson.

Pure and simply if the club as stated in today's email 'We understand that it can be difficult to attend every match, no matter how loyal your support is. If you can’t get to the game, release your seat using SeatSub to help fill Ibrox for every home fixture.'

Therefore the same mechanism could and should be applied for all games ( I resisted the urge for capital all as it's a bit 'Kareny')

To be perfectly honest I can afford to pay for CCCS and European packages but if I was unable to attend these games I would appreciate an easy method of allowing other bears to attend these games as opposed to the current methods and risk of losing a Smartcard which comes with added inconvenience and cost.

So what you are stating and the risk that MyGers now poses is that people buy tickets to not use them merely to get the priority tickets. Personally I think it's rather selfish and I would happily allow my seat to be utilised at zero risk or effort to me, like say a system like seat sub would allow but it isn't happening anytime soon apparently.

Night John.
If you don’t sign up to the CCCS then someone else can buy your seat straight from the club for the European and cup games.
Go to the club with your proposals for changing their tried and trusted CCCS scheme which has been successfully running for years,I am sure they would appreciate your insightful input.

Maybe already covered but how much do you get back for seatsub? I would normally just let a family member etc take my ticket tbh

When using SeatSub, you’ll get 75% credit back to spend on club products including, match tickets, stadium tours, MyGers, Soccer Academies, match programmes and gift vouchers.

That’s an additional of 25% on last season, and your account will now be credited within 24 hours of the fixture taking place.

Would the ‘match tickets’ part of this also cover renewal discounts? If it doesn’t, I’m very disappointed.
Not a fan myself, few people around me use it & several times now I've seen idiots come into the seat steam boats acting like total cocks , not good when there's kids around us .

The club has understood the feeling that some supporters felt there wasn’t enough value in the 50%.

The live credit also scored as very desirable from a focus group we held in December, even more so than the increase in the % but the surveys done showed the % to be very valuable.

So pleasingly the club took that onboard and made changes as filling Ibrox is what we want every week
On the last point… when are the club going to allow resale of non league tickets… due to sickness my seat ended up empty vs Sparta and I remember others saying the same in later rounds.

On the last point… when are the club going to allow resale of non league tickets… due to sickness my seat ended up empty vs Sparta and I remember others saying the same in later rounds.
Never, it would lead to abuse of the CCCS

It won’t be allowed,when you sign up to the (optional) cccs you commit to pay for the additional games.
People who sign up get better access to the games at Hampden.
That is how it works.
If you allowed resale of the tickets then the scheme would be abused and you couldn’t offer the reward of preferential access to semifinal and final tickets.

@Greg Marshall My balances are still showing zero even though I Seat Subbed my boys tickets for games after the February cut off?

Also is the Cut off scrapped now for using the balance towards next year's season ticket? I'm assuming when we go to renew there will be a new step in the journey asking if we want to use our credit balance towards it.

@Greg Marshall My balances are still showing zero even though I Seat Subbed my boys tickets for games after the February cut off?

Also is the Cut off scrapped now for using the balance towards next year's season ticket? I'm assuming when we go to renew there will be a new step in the journey asking if we want to use our credit balance towards it.
Balance is now showing on here instead of under Seatsub.

Mine is showing as 17 quid from the post split Ross County game.

The announcement says that your account is credited quickly so i’m assuming that you could have it credited against cup tickets etc or if you didn’t use it during the season then it’s there at the end of the season for credit against your renewal. That seems like an improvement to me.

I'm not sure as it mentions match tickets specifically but not season ticket renewal.

Used it for the first time Tuesday night.

Email this morning saying my tickets been purchased and I've received £25. I'll use that to pay for cup games.

Pretty smooth so far.

Do you still get credit if your ticket isn't purchased?

"When using SeatSub, you’ll get 75% credit back"

That’s not correct.

I’ve had hundreds off my tickets in seasons I’ve not made that many games in the past.

Back