Sectarian slur by celtic employee

What else do we know about this rancid bitch?

Surely she's not going to keep her job?

I would love to think she will be sacked but we all know the response will be "Celtic FC confirm the matter had been dealt with internally" aka %^*& all has happened. Corrupt cover up fucking mutants.

Surely others must know more about this rancid wee cow??

David Scott's comments are fucking embarrassing.

"The term Hun is hotly contested with some regarding it as deeply sectarian and others seeing it as just a generic term of abuse. Context is always key. At the very least it's a loaded term which is never used kindly and certainly isn't in this instance."

He should go and read the litertaure by NBM that says it sectarian! I have been hounding him on twitter the last few days..tweeting and retweeting and asking why a publicly funded anti sectarian charity dont care about sectarianism.

"The term Hun is hotly contested with some regarding it as deeply sectarian and others seeing it as just a generic term of abuse. Context is always key. At the very least it's a loaded term which is never used kindly and certainly isn't in this instance."

Since when did people who weren't being called something get to decide if it's offensive or not?

There's a reason that Hearts are also called this.

That's because of apathy on here to work together to nail them.

We could have all tweeted and then retweeted this and had a hashtag that would have ended up trending..theres still a few hrs to go until the papers are just about the election..

Just work as a unit and do something rather than just letting her get away with this..

hate to say it but that’s where your GB do a job for them. We’re miles behind The best medium to deal with this is through fans but it has to be done in coordinated way. 1872 seems a good one for official stuff but it also needs something that appears to come from non corporate fan group and we’re very divided there. I’m not close to the groups but from the outside that’s the problem that needs fixed. But needs a savvy approach.

Celtic probe physio over ‘f*** the huns’ post with trophy after Betfred Cup win
  • Jonathan Whitelaw
CELTIC are probing a club physio after a picture showed her posing with the league cup alongside a message saying “F*** the Huns”.
Caitlin Brown, 24, posted a snap on Facebook showing her proudly holding the trophy after Sunday’s victory.
But the picture was captioned with “F*** the Huns” beside a four-leaf clover and green heart emoji.
Following complaints, Facebook then deleted the post as it breached their rules on “hate speech”.
But the pic was put on her page again, this time with a comment saying: “Since FB removed my post for saying F the Huns”.
Her bosses at Celtic - where she has worked as a sports therapist with the women’s team for four years - confirmed they were investigating the posts.
Mum-of-one Brown later changed her name on Facebook before deleting the account yesterday.
Anti-bigotry campaigners have now urged Celtic to take part in an education project.
Dave Scott of Nil by Mouth said: ‘The term Hun is hotly contested with some regarding it as deeply sectarian and others seeing it as just a generic term of abuse.
“Context is always key. At the very least it’s a loaded term which is never used kindly and certainly isn’t in this instance.
“We have a Scottish Government backed workplace project which seeks to challenge attitudes and educate employees on these issues. Celtic have never taken part to it but given this incident it sounds like something the club should seriously consider.”

So they going to probe their club captain for singing the same offensive term?

Reactions: dmg
This woman may be governed by the the chartered society of physiotherapists. I think I might complain when I get a moment.

2.2.1 Understand and manage the impact of their own beliefs, values and behaviours on their practice and their interaction with others
2.2.2 Use sound professional judgment when endorsing, advertising, supplying or selling particular services or products
2.2.3 Provide truthful and accurate information (including when advertising and promoting services)
2.2.4 Disclose any financial benefit that they expect to receive through endorsement or advertising
2.2.5 Declare any conflict of interest
on their physiotherapy role

Celtic probe physio over ‘f*** the huns’ post with trophy after Betfred Cup win
  • Jonathan Whitelaw
CELTIC are probing a club physio after a picture showed her posing with the league cup alongside a message saying “F*** the Huns”.
Caitlin Brown, 24, posted a snap on Facebook showing her proudly holding the trophy after Sunday’s victory.
But the picture was captioned with “F*** the Huns” beside a four-leaf clover and green heart emoji.
Following complaints, Facebook then deleted the post as it breached their rules on “hate speech”.
But the pic was put on her page again, this time with a comment saying: “Since FB removed my post for saying F the Huns”.
Her bosses at Celtic - where she has worked as a sports therapist with the women’s team for four years - confirmed they were investigating the posts.
Mum-of-one Brown later changed her name on Facebook before deleting the account yesterday.
Anti-bigotry campaigners have now urged Celtic to take part in an education project.
Dave Scott of Nil by Mouth said: ‘The term Hun is hotly contested with some regarding it as deeply sectarian and others seeing it as just a generic term of abuse.
“Context is always key. At the very least it’s a loaded term which is never used kindly and certainly isn’t in this instance.
“We have a Scottish Government backed workplace project which seeks to challenge attitudes and educate employees on these issues. Celtic have never taken part to it but given this incident it sounds like something the club should seriously consider.”

Call me a cynic but we all know what their “probes” look like. And that’s not even a double entendre. Pass the brush and point me to the rug.

This woman may be governed by the the chartered society of physiotherapists. I think I might complain when I get a moment.

2.2.1 Understand and manage the impact of their own beliefs, values and behaviours on their practice and their interaction with others
2.2.2 Use sound professional judgment when endorsing, advertising, supplying or selling particular services or products
2.2.3 Provide truthful and accurate information (including when advertising and promoting services)
2.2.4 Disclose any financial benefit that they expect to receive through endorsement or advertising

Good find. Get her reported and demand she be struck off.

I think sacking her is a bit too far, she should be given a verbal warning about her conduct when posting things in public with her name and employer visible.

I believe in free speech and think that she should be allowed to say that, we shouldn't have restrictions placed on our speech that don't incite violence. Anyone should be allowed to say anything as long as it is doesn't incite violence. Laws that limit our speech are encroaching on our human rights, we don't want to live in a totalitarian state where the government controls what we say, the government isn't always right, look how that is working out in China.

She should be given a verbal warning from Celtic for this relatively minor infraction and that be the end of it, this is being blown out of proportion a bit.
So if I put something on Facebook like “F the 19th Century Terrorists”, how do you think my HR dept would look on that?

They think they’re untouchable. Time to find out they shouldn’t be!

I think sacking her is a bit too far, she should be given a verbal warning about her conduct when posting things in public with her name and employer visible.

I believe in free speech and think that she should be allowed to say that, we shouldn't have restrictions placed on our speech that don't incite violence. Anyone should be allowed to say anything as long as it is doesn't incite violence. Laws that limit our speech are encroaching on our human rights, we don't want to live in a totalitarian state where the government controls what we say, the government isn't always right, look how that is working out in China.

She should be given a verbal warning from Celtic for this relatively minor infraction and that be the end of it, this is being blown out of proportion a bit.

Pish.

Hence why this country is in the state it is with the 'Head in the sand' attitudes like this for the last 40-50 years.

She should be Sacked. End of.

Suffering, lumping phuck.

Is he happy for that to be classified as the official stance of Nil By Mouth in relation to the term, hun ?

Does NBM share those views in regards to the term 19th Century Terrorist, poet, mentally challenged etc ?

Not a shred of condemnation, simply a fence sitting quote inferring it may not be ‘sectarian’ in Dave Scott’s view.

Public funding for this organisation needs to be questioned and removed from NBM. That quote proves they serve no purpose.

MSP’s should be commenting on this matter but remain silent.

Your Avatar is ironic, that could've been spouted by Diane Abbott herself.

Free speech is fine but when one section of society is being heavily punished for the same offences then the argument flounders.

She is not on the HCPC Register. This body is very powerful. Practising Physio's would be on this. Sport Therapists I think can practice without HCPC registration as far as I'm aware. Some Sport Therapist's will do a Bsc though. The Society of Sports Therapists is the one to look at I think. They have a register and code of conduct.

3. You must always maintain high standards of personal conduct.  You must not do anything that may affect a patient’s/client’s treatment or confidence in you.  You must keep high standards of personal conduct as well as professional conduct.  You should be aware that poor conduct outside of your professional life may still affect someone’s confidence in you and your profession. Members charged with, or convicted of a criminal offence, may have their case reviewed by the Disciplinary Panel pursuant to the Disciplinary Procedures of The Society of Sports Therapists.

She is not on the HCPC Register. This body is very powerful. Practising Physio's would be on this. Sport Therapists I think can practice without HCPC registration as far as I'm aware. Some Sport Therapist's will do a Bsc though. The Society of Sports Therapists is the one to look at I think. They have a register and code of conduct.

3. You must always maintain high standards of personal conduct.  You must not do anything that may affect a patient’s/client’s treatment or confidence in you.  You must keep high standards of personal conduct as well as professional conduct.  You should be aware that poor conduct outside of your professional life may still affect someone’s confidence in you and your profession. Members charged with, or convicted of a criminal offence, may have their case reviewed by the Disciplinary Panel pursuant to the Disciplinary Procedures of The Society of Sports Therapists.

I can’t do this one for reasons I won’t post on here, :) , but this society have a contact us section.

Could one of us contact them with the image attached and make a simple enquiry to ask if she is a member ?

thats the contact form for the sports therapist governing body.so everyone now please do either one or the other..

contact the police

Post the Scottish Sun story and say this is a sectarian hate-crime & its a shocking disgrace that an employee of Celtic FC would behave in such a bigoted manner when we are trying to eradicate sectarianism in this country.

Finally , part 1 of Operation nail the bigoted bitch has happened and its in the media

Now

Part 2 and 3 are to get her sacked and nicked...

Last edited:

thank you Oso, I’m of the belief Celtic will do nothing so a little professional harassment might get some pay back.

They are proud as punch of wee Caitlin.

Coming from an Irish dancing background, Caitlin Brown is entering her fourth season with the club. Former coach Paul Brownlie approached universities looking for two therapists when she was studying in Glasgow. After completing her degree at Teesside University, she returned to Glasgow and the club. Working with players from all age groups, Caitlin provides support at training and pitch side at games. Despite having never played the game, Caitlin, was an Irish dancer for 14 years under a similarly intense training regime.

Aims for 2019: “I’ve just become a mum, so my hopes for the season is to continue with the team full time and learn how to work around that.”

I am going to be quite honest here and I will probably get roasted, but....

I really could not give a fvck if someone who is employed to wank off the Celtic players or Peanut Heid calls us Huns. Stay off social media and stop desperately looking for an opportunity to be offended.

It is beginning to feel a bit snowflaky on here!

The proviso is, however, that their faux effrontery regarding the use of 19th Century Terrorist, mentally challenged, poet etc are treated with similar ambivalence.

I know why the outrage is being displayed but i is getting a bit laughable. There are some hairy arsed Bears actually getting all precious about being called Huns.

Who the fvck wants to live in a society where the Cops cannot get to your burglary complaint due to the fact that someone has suffered the grave offence of being offended.
What an absolute hypocritical wet wipe you are. The very character who was all for a 15 year old Rangers fan getting banned by the Club for going onto the pitch against Kilmarnock. Remember the thread where you said the boy should be accountable for his actions ? Roasters like you make me sick.

What an absolute hypocritical wet wipe you are. The very character who was all for a 15 year old Rangers fan getting banned by the Club for going onto the pitch against Kilmarnock. Remember the thread where you said the boy should be accountable for his actions ? Roasters like you make me sick.

Ouch!

No chance is the wee hate filled boot being bagged for this, she's probably already receiving plaudits from her colleagues and managers alike at the San Giro. I'll leave it there.

Reactions: 8-1
Got a rapid email back there from David Scott (NBM). Gist was he answered specific questions from a journalist. And that context of the language is important!?! Said it's up to the POLICE, to decide the sectarian aspect. Would not hold my breath for Poileas Alba knocking on the wee ginger sloshbuckets door any time soon. Cunts!

Sacked and a criminal record for sectarian breach of the peace.

That's the outcome I hope for.

It is A sectarian BoP.

Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange bastard” being used negatively against Protestants (or those perceived to be) and others such as “19th Century Terrorist” and “Tim” used negatively against Catholics (or those perceived to be). This reinforces religious and racial stereotypes as well as fuelling the divisions and conflict between the denominations and people of no religious denomination. Children commonly use words without any knowledge of their meaning, but with an understanding that these words are a means by which to insult others.

The real bigots have perverted and subverted the judicial system in the west of Scotland to suit their own vile world view, just they way they like it.

FTP - sectarian criminal offence
19th Century Terrorist - sectarian criminal offence
Anti-Irish racism - sectarian criminal offence

FTQ - legitimate free speech
Hun- legitimate free speech
Anti-British racism - legitimate free speech

It is A sectarian BoP.

Offensive sectarian language is still used in Scotland on a daily basis, with abusive terms such as “Hun” and “Orange bastard” being used negatively against Protestants (or those perceived to be) and others such as “19th Century Terrorist” and “Tim” used negatively against Catholics (or those perceived to be). This reinforces religious and racial stereotypes as well as fuelling the divisions and conflict between the denominations and people of no religious denomination. Children commonly use words without any knowledge of their meaning, but with an understanding that these words are a means by which to insult others.

That’s frankly hilarious suggesting that “ hun” is the same as “ tim” .

Nothing near the same and they know it.

Reactions: VGM
Following on from her comment. I see Nil By Mouth have added their view -

"Dave Scott of Nil by Mouth said: ‘The term Hun is hotly contested with some regarding it as deeply sectarian and others seeing it as just a generic term of abuse.

“Context is always key. At the very least it’s a loaded term which is never used kindly and certainly isn’t in this instance."

WOW, In the past I've at least found them equally scathing about both viewpoints of the sectarian issue but FFS, Tthey are now effectively condoning us being called guns.

Surely the word 19th Century Terrorist is also a contested meaning g with some being offended and others considering it to be banter.

It is surprising but welcome that the Sun has covered this story. It also covered the report on bigotry within RC schools, so maybe there are signs of change in terms of even-handedness.

David Scott’s response is all too predictable. It is stark contrast to NBM’s stance earlier this year when chants of ‘19th Century Terrorist b*****d’ were directed against Steve Clarke.

Then, there was absolutely no element of doubt that ‘19th Century Terrorist’ was ‘sectarian’, with the implication that resulting punishments should be draconian in nature. With ‘hun’ there is an element of wiggle room, you see, meaning that, well, there need not be any punishment at all. Or, at least, that would be up to the police and it’s not for NBM to draw a line in the sand, even although they’re always prepared to when it comes to Rangers or Loyalism.

Here we see the essence of the Scottish establishment’s double standard. It is a position adopted by politicians from McConnell to Dornan and commentators from Devine to Spiers. It is a critical element of how ‘sectarianism’ is treated in Scotland.

A 2014 Scottish Social Attitudes survey showed the public to view ‘hun’ and ‘19th Century Terrorist’ as equally offensive. Yet, despite the SNP’s policy of paying heed to such surveys it is hardly likely that public opinion will be acknowledged in this instance.

Back