Secterianism solely being associated with Rangers

It's given them an opportunity for their social justice posturing and moralising. It's a pity they've ignored a bigger issue in their midst for decades.

Don't listen to them.

There was no sectarian problem in Scottish football until a drunken priest formed a football club in the east end of Glasgow circa 1888

I really do wish all of the guilty fans on both sides would just save it for more appropriate venues. So damned tiresome and frustrating to see the ammunition they give to those who feed on it.
As I say, I wish, but it seems there’ll never be an end to this stuff.
Maybe some day we will only be talking about our success on the pitch. Then again, maybe some day I’ll score the winner for the Gers in the cup final.

It’s wearisome.

Listen, see if we’re getting accused of something maybe we’d be as well just going 100% like days of old and really give them it, then at least we know we’ve done something to warrant their paranoia. :mad:

In relation to the BBC Stewart Robertson spoke up about how Rangers are being treated differently. The BBC deny this and it goes on and on. Other media sources stated Boyd's abuse was sectarian.

We stop the sectarian songs, and we take away one of the sticks with which the BBC and others beat us.

I don’t disagree, but it does place the onus back on the club and its supporters.

It reinforces the media agenda that we are the club most blighted by sectarian elements to the point that it begins to ignore Celtic entirely.

This is a tactic that’s been in operation since Spiers’ earnest crusade against sectarianism at the turn of the millennium.

The strategy there was to firstly make the equation that Celtic = bad; Rangers = much worse, which in turn allowed them to focus more exclusively on us to the extent that Celtic were eventually ignored altogether until the belief became that Celtic = good; Rangers = bad.

This maxim has more or less remained ever since and part of the reason it has been allowed to do so is because the club do not actively fight it.

Tackle our own moronic elements, sure, but at the same time demand accurate balance in how issues of this sort are being reported in the media.

Robertson is correct to highlight the BBCs bias, but he needs to get on the front foot with it now and then extend it to all corners of the media.

If not, we’ll be going through this whole angsty rigmarole again and again and again.

Back