Seemingly we've made an approach to McClaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard it at the weekend.

Big push in the media for McClaren or Moyes at the start of the week, McInnes in by the end of the week.

It's just them repeating the rumour from the weekend. Sky Sports are normally always late to the party. I doubt it's true.

May be that this is who the DOF is recommending.
Cut it whichever way you choose, but inside the game, McClaren is considered as a good football coach.

I personally don't want him at Ibrox, but he isn't the clown depicted with the brolly that the English press portrayed him.
The English press are bstrds when it comes to the national team and its failings.

McClaren was always a very decent professional who knows the game.

Not as depressing as the thought of McInnes getting the job. The thought of that is making me feel suicidal.
Each to their own .

McClaren has done zilch for years and was sacked twice in two years by Derby.

McInnes is not my ideal choice but he is a far better candidate in 2017 than the dinosaur that is McClaren.

Only my opinion of course.

He wouldn't be my choice, but he isn't the clown some seem to be stating on here.

He's well respected in the game and anyone that can lead Middlesbrough to a European final knows how to get a team punching above their weight.

Mclaren would be a disasterous appointment,He's a failure.
Best leaving him to be appointed for a third or fourth time at Derby when that becomes vacant

Going by twitter, the replies and other threads, I seem to be in the minority but I think McLaren would be a good appointment. Everyone just thinks of the Dutch accent and the wally with the brolly but as stated above hes a good coach

Hes won a title with a provincial club in Holland, won the only trophy in Boro's history and took them to a Euro Final

I'd definitely have him before Pardew or McInnes

Its all just rumours its more agents trying to drum up interest for their clients nobody knows whos getting the gig dont even think our board knows at this point

May be that this is who the DOF is recommending.
Cut it whichever way you choose, but inside the game, McClaren is considered as a good football coach.

I personally don't want him at Ibrox, but he isn't the clown depicted with the brolly that the English press portrayed him.
The English press are bstrds when it comes to the national team and its failings.

McClaren was always a very decent professional who knows the game.

And yet the Scottish Press who he would be dealing with are x10 worse!

He wouldn't be my choice, but he isn't the clown some seem to be stating on here.

He's well respected in the game and anyone that can lead Middlesbrough to a European final knows how to get a team punching above their weight.

I've been trying to convince myself that maybe he would do okay , he has done well in certain scenarios and was rated enough to take England on.

However that interview with the Dutch accent - I just cannot get my head around it . Who does that? Just hugely embarrassing on all counts.

Going by twitter, the replies and other threads, I seem to be in the minority but I think McLaren would be a good appointment. Everyone just thinks of the Dutch accent and the wally with the brolly but as stated above hes a good coach

Hes won a title with a provincial club in Holland, won the only trophy in Boro's history and took them to a Euro Final

I'd definitely have him before Pardew or McInnes
His CV is much better than McInnes's.
Twente are possibly the Aberdeen of Holland ...if not the St Johnstone, and McClaren took them to the title.....not second! :D

However, he always instinctively goes for a boring defensive option when he is under pressure.
His football can be extremely dull.

When you look at some of the places that he has failed, Forest, Derby and Newcastle, there may be some context, in that these clubs have cost many other manager's their reputations.

As an appointment at Rangers it would be no more or less a gamble than McInnes, IMHO.

Each to their own .

McClaren has done zilch for years and was sacked twice in two years by Derby.

McInnes is not my ideal choice but he is a far better candidate in 2017 than the dinosaur that is McClaren.

Only my opinion of course.
I'm not saying i want McClaren to get the job but would rather him than McInnes.

Ffs. The board are really out of touch with the support, & football in general, if we appoint McLaren.

Ffs. The board are really out of touch with the support, & football in general, if we appoint McLaren.
Would you really ask the support who we want?
Fcknell, there is no consensus on here, so how would that work?
Perhaps it will be the call of the DOF!
Wouldn't that at least be sensible as he is the man that has to work with the coach?

I'm not saying i want McClaren to get the job but would rather him than McInnes.

I'm not sure mate. The main thing we need is squad unity & for players to pull together. Playing for a manger they believe in.

Like it or not, McLaren has the reputation, which when the going gets tough, might work against him in the eyes of the players. Do you think he can inspire the players?

Judging by the consensus on here, the board will be out of touch with the support no matter who they appoint.

There is no majority candidate.

McLaren is a complete and utter buffoon and appointing him would be a disaster. He’d get absolutely savaged up here.

a guy who absolute chokes under pressure why on earth are we even getting linked to him?? must be something in it which is very depressing.

He was a decent manager for a while, but his track record over the past 7 or 8 years is lamentable and very much suggests a guy who’s career is in decline.

His name has obviously come from somewhere though, possibly Allen, which does at least tinkle some alarm bells for me.

I’d like to think all this is is the board enquiring about his availability for an interview as a procedural requirement.

SSN is probably one of the worst outlets for Scottish sports news, you only have to look at Chuckles Paterson and Luke Shandy to realise they treat it as a joke.

Is this a false rumour to make McInnes suddenly seem like a better option?

Has to be.

I have every faith that a board of directors, all of them Rangers supporters, would not appoint McClaren as our manager.

He'd be the most boring and senseless appointment ever. We simply wouldn't accept it. For that reason alone, can't see us being so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back