Seething Celtic Maw does not like the Union Flag

This is the narrow-minded, bigoted voice of Catholicism in middle class Scotland though.

I’ve seen & heard it for years through extended family… the men would get it out of their system through football, the women were always much more pointed and saw nothing wrong with calling people Huns or just going on & on & on about religion affecting every facet of their lives.

The sneering towards Rangers, Protestants & generally anyone who isn’t Catholic is utterly obsessive.

Serious question. If they don’t like living in Scotland which is of course part of Great Britain, and they show their love and allegiance to another country whilst being looked after in the UK.
I suggest a referendum. If you want to move to the Republic of Ireland then go. The famine’s over. Simple box ticking exercise.
YES. I want to leave the United Kingdom and all the benefits me and my family enjoy to move to Republic of Ireland.
NO. I want to stay in the United Kingdom and reap all the benefits that this country has gave me and my family.
Timmy, it’s over to you….

In 15 years only seen a couple of Rangers scarfs,tops in the estate & now, in her own words, “ noo it’s F@##in’ hoachin’ wi’ Union Jacks!” And threatening to put folks windows in. Sounds to me like she might be the one who’ll be in need of a glazier’s services. Oh, & luckily she works at a dentist because if we were her neighbours my Mrs would be making sure she needed new teeth if she came away with that shite to her lol

It's really not mate the jack is flown at sea. Anywhere else it's a flag.
Nope. It’s a myth perpetuated by people that want to act clever on the internet :D

“It is sometimes claimed that the Union Flag should be described as the Union Jack only when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From its earliest days, the Admiralty often referred to the flag – however it was used – as the Union Jack. In 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that either name could be used officially. And in 1908 the UK Parliament approved this verdict, stating that ‘the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag’.”

what this bint is essentially saying is

- Ireland/Vatican flags are ok, UK ones are not
- Celtic strips everywhere are ok, Rangers ones are not

Yet they are the oppressed and we have the superiority complex going on?

what this bint is essentially saying is

- Ireland/Vatican flags are ok, UK ones are not
- Celtic strips everywhere are ok, Rangers ones are not

Yet they are the oppressed and we have the superiority complex going on?
Scotland, 2022.

Mental isn’t it?

I still think its a pisstake, but we know what those piggery hound loonys are like. :))
Yeah, the script is spot on, but the delivery is very poor, there is a distinct lack of seethe, and the pronunciation is kinda protestant in places.
5/10.

Serious question. If they don’t like living in Scotland which is of course part of Great Britain, and they show their love and allegiance to another country whilst being looked after in the UK.
I suggest a referendum. If you want to move to the Republic of Ireland then go. The famine’s over. Simple box ticking exercise.
YES. I want to leave the United Kingdom and all the benefits me and my family enjoy to move to Republic of Ireland.
NO. I want to stay in the United Kingdom and reap all the benefits that this country has gave me and my family.
Timmy, it’s over to you….
I had relatives who stayed in Gleddoch Road Penilee Bear.

Neighbour's dog says: "Let's talk about this 'you gonna shoot me stuff' hen. Dare ye to call ma orange ball sectarian"

giphy.gif

Nope. It’s a myth perpetuated by people that want to act clever on the internet :D

“It is sometimes claimed that the Union Flag should be described as the Union Jack only when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From its earliest days, the Admiralty often referred to the flag – however it was used – as the Union Jack. In 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that either name could be used officially. And in 1908 the UK Parliament approved this verdict, stating that ‘the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag’.”
Yep, also from Wiki..

It is sometimes asserted that the term Union Jack, properly refers only to naval usage, which assertion has been dismissed by the Flag Institute in 2013, following historical investigations.

Has anyone thought a bought sending Hairy Mary From the Gallowgate,
Cliff Richard’s CD, “CONGRATULATIONS!”

I always thought that it was referred to the Union Jack because it was flown from the short jackstaff on a ship at the bow. If the flag was flown on land it was the Union Flag.
Likewise the Jack of the United States is also known as the Union Jack and is the maritime version of their flag flown from the jackstaff of the vessel (all blue with stars and no stripes).

Back