Selfish people who stand.

For all the people saying that the guy standing has paid his ticket fee as well and can stand if he wants, if you go to a concert at the Royal Concert Hall or a show at King's Theatre and some prick stands in front of you the whole night, you would be absolutely raging.

have you genuinely just compared watching a show at the theatre to going and supporting your team? No wonder the atmosphere is embarrassing at Ibrox.

Do the big crowds scare you when you leave the Island?

FFS, its a fitba match, have you never been to one before all seater stadiums, when we actually had atmosphere?

I'm also guessing you never had the pleasure of some big guy pishing down the back of your leg.

Do yourself a favour and delete this post before the cavalry arrive and totally ream you, I am actually being nice about this.

What a total fud you are.

I had never missed a game home or away for years until my World collapsed in August 2016 when I found out I had kidney cancer. I had my kidney removed in December 2016 and was off the road for a couple of Months until I started going back to Ibrox. I got my 3 month scan and unfortunately the cancer had spread to my lungs and liver I got put on a trial which made me very weak and fatigued and was unable to attend the games, this trial stopped working after 8 months and I am now on a new trial which has the same side affects including diarrhoea. I am still unable to attend games due to this.
When I eventually get back to the games I will unfortunately not be able to attend away games due to me not being able to stand for 90 mins.
So the answer to your question is that some people can't attend due to standing.

Hope you are back attending games regular soon

I'm fortunate enough that I sit in the Main Stand so I don't have any problem with folk deciding they want to stand for the whole game however I had an accident last year which means I can hardly stand for five minutes let alone 90!
Unfortunately that now means that attending away games and semis/finals at Hampden are a waste of time for me so I can't attend them.
Hence the reason I'm now an "official ticketer".

FFS, its a fitba match, have you never been to one before all seater stadiums, when we actually had atmosphere?

I'm also guessing you never had the pleasure of some big guy pishing down the back of your leg.

Do yourself a favour and delete this post before the cavalry arrive and totally ream you, I am actually being nice about this.

What a loser. And a post liked by 8 other losers.

Your the kind of fan we don't need .

You're the kind of man we don't need mate do a poll it's pathetic moaning about standing. I understand the disability comments. The club should accommodate that in a separate specific section. I've never stood at a game in my life. The only time I remember being on my feet was 3-2 v Porto in frustration when they kept equalising.

I don't like it when somebidy stands infront of me. Why would I. But its a football game its going to happen. It's traditional to stand. I'd stop going before I started moaning about it. I know it's part and parcel. There's loads of things I hate at games but you need to take it as it is imo

You're the kind of man we don't need mate do a poll it's pathetic moaning about standing. I understand the disability comments. The club should accommodate that in a separate specific section. I've never stood at a game in my life. The only time I remember being on my feet was 3-2 v Porto in frustration when they kept equalising.

I don't like it when somebidy stands infront of me. Why would I. But its a football game its going to happen. It's traditional to stand. I'd stop going before I started moaning about it. I know it's part and parcel. There's loads of things I hate at games but you need to take it as it is imo

And btw when I go to games it's with my blind father in law who has many issues during the 90 mins due to other people's actions. Don't like it, don't go. Simple

All seated stadia with designated season ticket seats aren't designed for people to stand.
Children can't see the game. Adults with difficulty standing for so long can't see the game.
In the old days, kids could sit on the barriers or go down the front. Older or less able adults could go to the Main Stand. Even when we built the stands, there was the Enclosures for those wanting to stand.

So unless it's a designated standing area, it's utterly selfish to stand all through a game at Ibrox the way things are set up as it just means people who have paid good money can't see what's happening.
Designated area for people who can't sta d then is that not reasonable? I don't stand at games. When somebidy does infront. Ofme it's frustrating. But I don't think it's fair to moan at them. It'd tradition to stand. There was once no seats in many stadiums. There's less disabled people than people who want to stand. So designate them. This so coming from someone who attends games with a blind man btw

have you genuinely just compared watching a show at the theatre to going and supporting your team? No wonder the atmosphere is embarrassing at Ibrox.
Nobody will stand infeont of him of he watches it on the tele. Don't like it don't go. I don't stand. But you can't moan at those who do. It's like going to asda instead of buying online but saying you don't like cues. Standing is what happens at games. Take it or leave it

Designated area for people who can't sta d then is that not reasonable? I don't stand at games. When somebidy does infront. Ofme it's frustrating. But I don't think it's fair to moan at them. It'd tradition to stand. There was once no seats in many stadiums. There's less disabled people than people who want to stand. So designate them. This so coming from someone who attends games with a blind man btw

What a moron.

Ibrox hasn’t been a terrace stadium for over 40 years. Wittering on about tradition. Away to yer bed, cretin.

Ibrox has been all seated since 1994. Thats 25 years. Nobody under the age of say 40 can say they are missing out on something they previously enjoyed doing. Standing with no regard for the 2-3 affected persons behind you is just selfish. Tradition is no excuse.

I would prefer to stand at games, but I am not selfish and have respect for my fellow supporters around me so I sit if everyone else is sitting. Also noticed a confrontation about this issue midweek at the Aberdeen game when some prick would not sit down in front of an old guy. Selfishness just oozes out of some people these days

Nobody will stand infeont of him of he watches it on the tele. Don't like it don't go. I don't stand. But you can't moan at those who do. It's like going to asda instead of buying online but saying you don't like cues. Standing is what happens at games. Take it or leave it
Standing at games is not what happens for the vast majority of fans at Ibrox.
If you don't like being told to sit down,according to your mantra, don't go.

You pay for a seat so you should be entitled to sit on said seat and see the game. To those who prefer to stand, get organised and keep lobbying the club for a safe standing area. Until then stop being so selfish at Ibrox and sit on your arse.

pathetic response - grow up

Seen 2 boys nearly boxing cos the one in front wouldn’t sit down of the December games. Was a nothing game and a nothing point in the game the boy standing was just trying to wave to his pal. Arsehole behaviour

Disagree with that. I'm in cd7 and there's a few that aren't season tickets and u get different fans in they seats most home games. Usually their pi55ed and sometimes some will stand until they are told to sit down.

Another bugbear of mine is folk that arrive after kick off then struggle to find their seat and stand in front of you while they try to work it out

Mate CD7 and lost people do my fecking nut in. Every game you let people in... and back out 2 minutes later as they are away the opposite way. 3 a few weeks ago made it up stairs, along the full CD7 row Z, down the stairs at the opposite side and back along a row a few down from Z.. only to have someone read the tickets and they were in CD1..

This seems like one of those arguments that you have to be one extreme or the other, personally I stand when we look like we're creating a chance or the game is going end-to-end like most folk. I understand where folk are coming from saying that folk who stand all game (unless you're in the UB or that) can be annoying but there are also prudes who tell you to sit down when we're through on goal, which is f*cking ridiculous.

Cavalry? Shouting for hauners ffs.

I'm in my mid-60's
I can walk almost all day & I can sit all day - but standing still in one place for longer than 5 minutes or so - causes my hips to get stiff & if I stand still for over 10 minutes then the pain becomes agony
So regrettably safe standing won't be for me - much as I might want to return to the days of packed terraces & the atmosphere that produces - although I'm more than happy for others to do this

I've been a bit of a nomad when it comes to seats lately - but I often sit in the copeland front to the right of goal -
When play takes place at the left corner - everyone around me stands & if I don't get up quickly enough - I'm left having to check the screens - but they don't always give gou the exact picture you need

I appreciate that jumping up to see what's happening is only practical & is to be expected - but I also wish people would sit down again quicker than they do

The worst thing about all this though is when you travel long distances with ever increasing transport costs & have a fight to get an expensive ticket in the first place - only for someone to obscure your view of all the goals / incidents on the day - you wonder if watching on t.v. is a better idea
I'm dreading the day when I decide it is

I don’t mind people getting up at key points of the game, sometimes the urge takes you but mostly is because everyone else has stood up. The problem I have really is when the selfish bastard doesn’t sit back down.

Usually in gf4 it doesn’t happen that often unless someone has returned their ST for public sale or someone’s mate comes along, is pished or coked up and totally ignores those behind.

There’s a fair few older guys around me who struggle to get up mind you so think about the bears behind you if you want to insist on standing up.

Why do some ignorant fans think they have the right to stand right through a game and think its ok to block the view of others behind. I asked him and his son and his mate to sit so we could see ,and his reply was "naw,I stand here every other week" . A complete ignoramus and an embarrassment to real fans. That spoilt it for me before the teams performance.

Och, sit Doon and shut it.

What do they do at mentally challenged games?

Exactly, all lower tiers + Broomie Rear were standing that day.

If the lad who was standing was in a section in BF that always stands then he has a point, people buying tickets in BF need to know that 75% of that area will be standing. If the guy was in one of the 'seated' sections of BF, then the OP has a valid point.

Last edited:

If the lad who was standing was in a section in BF that always stands then he has a point, people buying tickets in BF need to know that 75% of that area will be standing. If the guy was in one of the 'seated' sections of BF, then the OP has a valid point.
Spot on.

The harsh reality is fans are selfish and a bit wanky, people change as soon as they step inside a football ground.

Shan as it is but after a few pints very few folks think about old boys who can't stand for a game or need a seat.

It's in many ways dickhead behavior but also just football ground etiquette I don't think it's breaking news to anyone who oft attends games or a thing that's like to change.

Just one question for the stauners. When you watch a game at home on the telly, do you stand in front of those trying to watch from the sofa.
I'm guessing no, 'cause that would make you a selfish cnut.

The harsh reality is fans are selfish and a bit wanky, people change as soon as they step inside a football ground.

Shan as it is but after a few pints very few folks think about old boys who can't stand for a game or need a seat.

It's in many ways dickhead behavior but also just football ground etiquette I don't think it's breaking news to anyone who oft attends games or a thing that's like to change.
Bet the same ones get road rage at having to stop at a red light

The designed area for those who can't stand already exists. Theres around 51000 of them.

I sincerely hope that you are completely able bodied and able to stand for the rest of your life.

Or do I?

Thats where we were,BF5 what really wasnt fair was the oap's sitting behind us were struggling to see too. Stewards complete waste of time as they just looked blank without doing anything.

Latest posts

Back