September Manager/Player of the Month?

Klos the Boss

Have i missed this? It's usually announced around 3rd or 4th I thought. Assuming it will be the gaffer and hopefully Alfie that win.

It'll probably be announced Friday to coincide with the Hearts press conference. Gerrard/Defoe for player and manager of the month I think.

Cue the ‘it’s not a real award anyway’ and ‘why do Rangers fans care about this stuff’ comments.

Cue the ‘it’s not a real award anyway’ and ‘why do Rangers fans care about this stuff’ comments.

Manager of the Month for September 8 years ago was one Alastair Murdoch McCoist. I think that tells us all we need to know about the relevance of the award.

Perhaps of more relevance - and certainly more noteworthy - the same month one Steven Davis was Player of the Month. Incredible.

Should go to Davis for player imo.

That being said these awards are a pile of shite anyway. I'm sure Stevie will make room next to his CL medal for it.
Davis has been immense for sure (and proven me very wrong I'm happy to say) but you can't overlook Defoes red hot goal scoring form, insane numbers. It's a great debate to have.

Davis has been immense for sure (and proven me very wrong I'm happy to say) but you can't overlook Defoes red hot goal scoring form, insane numbers. It's a great debate to have.

I'm not ignoring it mate, it's been fantastic, just think Davis has been more influential. Unbelievable as it sounds I'd actually have JD behind Alfie too. I know the stats show fantastic form from Defoe but Alfie has been running defences ragged in games.

Like you say, it definitely beats the 'who's been the worst' threads we've seen the past few years. :)

Manager of the Month for September 8 years ago was one Alastair Murdoch McCoist. I think that tells us all we need to know about the relevance of the award.

Perhaps of more relevance - and certainly more noteworthy - the same month one Steven Davis was Player of the Month. Incredible.
Probably because we were still unbeaten at the point of him getting it.

Probably because we were still unbeaten at the point of him getting it.

FFS mate, I'm well aware why he got it. :) It was hardly a portent of great things to come though, was it? Hence why I view all these monthly awards as an 'irrelevance'.

Last edited:
There isn’t a September player/manager of the month award as it would have to be awarded to both Rangers representatives

SFA corrupt to the core

The best part of this debate is the fact there is more than one of our team who can lay claim to it. Long may this continue.

What isn't up for debate is that it should be a Rangers player....

It'll probably be announced Friday to coincide with the Hearts press conference. Gerrard/Defoe for player and manager of the month I think.
I doubt Gerrard will win the September award, not after his dodgy team selection and subsequent defeat to the scum on the 1st :(

I doubt Gerrard will win the September award, not after his dodgy team selection and subsequent defeat to the scum on the 1st :(

That was counted with the August games as it was originally supposed to be played with round 4 on the 31st of August. That's what was stated to justify Lennon and Edouard getting the August awards.

Back