Serge Atakayi

LD5

Was looking up SJKs results to see how he was getting on, started every game so far I think but normally comes off, sitting 1 point behind Helsinki with 1 game less played after drawing with them today. Can anyone see him actually making the first team next season? At 20 I assume he won't want to linger about the reserves much longer.

Was also named MOTM in his second game actually.

He said in an interview that the manager has said go and use this as a stepping stone to the first team next season.

He's clearly rated.

Reactions: LD5
he is on loan to get match fit to get then be totally ready for dogging in pre season training to make the full squad for next year.

he is on loan to get match fit to get then be totally ready for dogging in pre season training to make the full squad for next year.
So have to be fully trained in all aspects of dogging before getting into the first team,there would be quite a few first team players on here then. :D

How good is this lad? I know he’s been on the bench the past couple of seasons and got done v Motherwell, but other than being highly thought of I don’t know too much about him.

Wonder if he’s as good as Middleton? If he is he could take Middletons bit part role in the squad next year as a loan would do Middleton the world of good

How good is this lad? I know he’s been on the bench the past couple of seasons and got done v Motherwell, but other than being highly thought of I don’t know too much about him.

Seen him a good few times for the development squad and he generally always impressed, pacey winger, wonder(ed) if his (lack of) height would go against him. I was so gutted for him against Motherwell, absolute sickener for the lad.

Wonder if he’s as good as Middleton? If he is he could take Middletons bit part role in the squad next year as a loan would do Middleton the world of good

Next season is crucial for Middleton's development.

We cannot simply send the boy to a team where he's going to kick his heels on the bench.

Any potential loan club needs to be told to give him games or we're recalling him ASAP.

Seen him a good few times for the development squad and he generally always impressed, pacey winger, wonder(ed) if his (lack of) height would go against him. I was so gutted for him against Motherwell, absolute sickener for the lad.
Cheers. I’m looking forward to him getting a chance.

We have a lot of talent in the forward areas between the reserves & U18s. Not all of them will make it, be interesting to see who does as surely at least 2 or 3 of them will.

Atakayi, Rudden, Middleton, McPake, Kennedy, Mebude, Kennedy, Young-Coombes.

That is a really impressive group & not all of them can make it here. I’m not in a position to make a guess at who will but I think loan spells will be very important in the decision making process, for those we do decide to loan out.

Next season is crucial for Middleton's development.

We cannot simply send the boy to a team where he's going to kick his heels on the bench.

Any potential loan club needs to be told to give him games or we're recalling him ASAP.

Aye reckon Motherwell or Kilmarnock would be a great level for him to start every week and push for top 6 , if he kicks on can definitely be useful for us

We have a lot of talent in the forward areas between the reserves & U18s. Not all of them will make it, be interesting to see who does as surely at least 2 or 3 of them will.

Atakayi, Rudden, Middleton, McPake, Kennedy, Mebude, Kennedy, Young-Coombes.

That is a really impressive group & not all of them can make it here. I’m not in a position to make a guess at who will but I think loan spells will be very important in the decision making process, for those we do decide to loan out.

While not all of them will make it at Rangers, i think it's fair to say all will go on and have a good career in the game and play at a decent level!

Reactions: MSF
Like with all our youngsters will they be given the opportunity by the manager and will the support show any kind of patience with them?

I think the answer to the first part of your question is yes, he probably will get a chance. The second part is no, the support won't have any patience whatsoever. We moan about the lack of youngsters coming through then have them completely written off if they have a poor performance. Middleton being a prime example.

Do you remember the outrage this caused in the press and media? No? Neither do I.

Any our players made that tackle they would be getting lorded, time to get over it , just because Motherwell were being pumped doesn’t mean to say the opposing player can’t make a tackle

Back