Sergio Ramos - where does he rank?

Yep I pretty much share that opinion - he is the sort of guy you would worship if in your team but if he was in another team you would despise due to his sheer will to do literally anything to win.
That's probably on the money.

Theres no doubt hes one of the greatest ever. Scores goals and defends like an absolute b@stard.

Personally I always loved Puyol. That night against Barca at Ibrox he played right back and was bombing up and down the right hand side, something I didn't attribute to him and he was absolutely outstanding.

Something special about a dirty bastard of a centre half who also has a compilation video on YouTube of Panenka penalties he's scored!

Second only to Richard Gough

According to a poster on here anyway
FFS I'm adding that to my list of FF nuggets of football wisdom I've read over the last couple of years:

1) Xavi doesn't deserve to be anywhere near an all-time Champions League XI
2) Iniesta wasn't known for his dribbling
3) Gascoigne is in the top 5 players of all time
4) Gascoigne was better than Michael Laudrup

FFS I'm adding that to my list of FF nuggets of football wisdom I've read over the last couple of years:

1) Xavi doesn't deserve to be anywhere near an all-time Champions League XI
2) Iniesta wasn't known for his dribbling
3) Gascoigne is in the top 5 players of all time
4) Gascoigne was better than Michael Laudrup
I think what he actually said was he’d pick Gough in his prime ahead of Ramos.

Mental.

Not a big fan of Real Madrid but the combination of Ramos and Pepe was the ultimate in dirty bastard shithousery!
Ironically, one player I never liked.
I’ve got him in my, non Celtic players, despicables team.
(Along with Robben, Eto’o, Rivaldo and their ilk)

How many times has he been sent off must be into the 20s.
Messi made him look very avaragebut a great defender and scored the odd goal.
A goal every 6-7 games for a CB is very, very impressive

Top class CB one of the very best of his generation I’d say

There were a few, maybe on the same thread, that thought him overrated!
That is not a mis-quote, I’m serious.
Overrated was the word used!
You don't get 178 caps for Spain if you're overrated, especially a Spain side that won Euros, then World Cup, then Euros again; 3 major trophies in a row, and over 500 appearances for Real Madrid, especially a Real side that won 5 La Ligas and 4 Champions Leagues in his time there!

Sergio is a beast, an absolute winner and leader. He’s won everything there is to win in football, hard to disagree that he’s the greatest ever. Baresi, Maldini or Cannavaro might have something to say about that, mind.

You don't get 178 caps for Spain if you're overrated, especially a Spain side that won Euros, then World Cup, then Euros again; 3 major trophies in a row, and over 500 appearances for Real Madrid, especially a Real side that won 5 La Ligas and 4 Champions Leagues in his time there!
Well, find the thread and you’ll find some who don’t agree!

Brilliant defender, scores goals but a very nasty side to him.

When he pulled Mo Salah down in the CLF he knew exactly what he was doing

Indeed he did. He was breaking Liverpool’s spirit and insuring Madrid the win. He’s the consummate winner.

Maldini, Barresi, Nesta, Cannavaro, he's up there with these guys.
Yep, for me he’s the best non Italian of my lifetime and deserves to be in that company.

As a player I think he was most similar to Cannavaro, who could also be a dirty sly bastard.

Yep and it was brilliant. The whining for months on end after it was tremendous to see.

Back