Serie A

They absolutely despise Bari and vice versa. Bari fans burned a mini van that was carrying Lecce fans earlier this year I think.

Always wanted to go see Bari for some reason, they have this typically Italian stadium with a track around the pitch but the stands are divided behind the goal:

D5UVpycUIAA9JkL.jpg
Reminds me, they were once known as "David Platt's Bari" :) *

* He renamed Juventus too, but had to share Sampdoria with Des Walker.

Happy days :)

Great result for Inter tonight, hoping Samp can produce a miraculous win in Turin tomorrow and I can start praying to the Madonnina (don't worry, I'm speaking figuratively, not literally!). :)

Having said that, would still like to see the Grifone stay up and hope they can do it, so I'll be thinking positively of them.

And a shout-out to Zapata of Atalanta, what a season he's having. He's destined for greater things, Rangers anyone?

Fancied Bologna 2-1. Another coupon down, potential for Bologna to be exciting next season though.

Bologna score a 94th min winner, screamed at my tele “ you fckn f*nny”. They ran clean from there own half with all the Lecce players up and Orsolini shot from outside the box rather than squaring it. Keeper parries it wide. Bologna player gets onto it from quite wide, squares it back to 16 yards out and Barrow puts it top bins. Thank god for him.

Ironic that people call him Penaldo.
Tonight he’s fallen 3 behind Immobile, whilst Immobile scores 2 pens and Ronaldo misses 1.

Quick check and Immobile has scored 8 pens in Serie A since January. Not sure how many for the season though? He also got 1 in the cup in the early part of this year.

Ironic that people call him Penaldo.
Tonight he’s fallen 3 behind Immobile, whilst Immobile scores 2 pens and Ronaldo misses 1.
I was half tongue in cheek, when you take away the pens however, Immobile has still scored more. Either stat is a far greater achievement. Considering one plays for an alright lazio team, the other for a team who have won 9 titles in a row half arsed.

Last edited:
Now for the relegation battle.

This Wednesday sees Genoa away to Sassoulo, and the home side will be strong favourites in this encounter. Meanwhile, Lecce have to get a result at Udinese, no easy task, but doable.

Then, depending on how things have planned out, the pressure in the final fixtures cranks up and sees the Grifone facing Hellas (winnable) and Lecce taking on Parma.

This is going to be very interesting. Personally, after Inter, I'll be keeping a close on Genoa and I hope they can get the job done.

P. S. Congratulations to Juventus (there, I've said it) :))

Now for the relegation battle.

This Wednesday sees Genoa away to Sassoulo, and the home side will be strong favourites in this encounter. Meanwhile, Lecce have to get a result at Udinese, no easy task, but doable.

Then, depending on how things have planned out, the pressure in the final fixtures cranks up and sees the Grifone facing Hellas (winnable) and Lecce taking on Parma.

This is going to be very interesting. Personally, after Inter, I'll be keeping a close on Genoa and I hope they can get the job done.

P. S. Congratulations to Juventus (there, I've said it) :))
I think Genoa may go, as much as I’d love them to stay up.

Just from memory, Immobile 14 from the spot, Ronaldo 12. Both have missed a couple though.
I'm not decrying either achievement mate. Both have fantastic records, even if they are topped up by penalties.
I'd still hope Ronaldo could catch him, but 3 in 2 games will probably be a bit much to overhaul.

I'm not decrying either achievement mate. Both have fantastic records, even if they are topped up by penalties.
I'd still hope Ronaldo could catch him, but 3 in 2 games will probably be a bit much to overhaul.
I reckon Ciro will score a couple against Brescia also tbh, don’t see Ronaldo catching him and I hope he doesn’t :))

Watching Inter vs Napoli tonight on Premier been really good so far. So funny though all you can hear all game is Guttoso roaring from the touchline to his players :)). Like actually all game not stopped yet haha

Lukaku getting the better of Koulibaly usually. He looks twice the player he was at Man U. He really is a big handful and very good in a better footballing team. Didn't get enough quality service at Utd for me at times.

At least give Immobile something to cheer about after that disaster of a campaign since the restart :p

Great win for Inter last night (incidentally I think the shirt isn't as radical in the flesh, I'm quite happy with it) and what about Atalanta winning again, definitely the team of the season and potentially on the edge of greatness once the Champions League resumes.

As for tonight, the relegation battle between Genoa and Lecce might be resolved, though unlikely, can't see the Grifone getting anything at Sassoulo, while a win for the Giallorossi in Udine would see it go to the last day.

Great win for Inter last night (incidentally I think the shirt isn't as radical in the flesh, I'm quite happy with it) and what about Atalanta winning again, definitely the team of the season and potentially on the edge of greatness once the Champions League resumes.

As for tonight, the relegation battle between Genoa and Lecce might be resolved, though unlikely, can't see the Grifone getting anything at Sassoulo, while a win for the Giallorossi in Udine would see it go to the last day.
Only consolation is that Sassuolo’s form is poor and we all know how eratic the defence can be. That said I expect sassuolo to win by 2 at least.

Going to have to go against Super, I think Fiorentina v Bologna could be a tasty fixture. Can see that being a score draw. That said, Milan are playing well as are samp. 3-1 Milan I will go.

Just from memory, Immobile 14 from the spot, Ronaldo 12. Both have missed a couple though.

They’ve both been penalty merchants this seasons. Absurd number of spot kicks for two players to get. No wonder their tally’s are talked down when you look at the percentage made up by those.

They’ve both been penalty merchants this seasons. Absurd number of spot kicks for two players to get. No wonder their tally’s are talked down when you look at the percentage made up by those.
Stat padding at its finest, FWIW that’s why I think people don’t truly appreciate Alfie’s goal tally.

Stat padding at its finest, FWIW that’s why I think people don’t truly appreciate Alfie’s goal tally.

It’s a valid point. Saw someone comparing him to Boyd yesterday, absurd enough on its own before you even consider that Boyd hit PK’s too.

Anyway, joining Juve in the first place was always about stat padding. A player of his quality was never going to find it tough putting up good numbers when he’s joining a team that are so much more powerful than the rest, good way to make sure you keep them numbers high in your golden years.

Last edited:
Back