Serious Delusion amongst our support

Thought the performance was pretty much on par with what we could have expected.

Some will say we were too negative.

Last Sunday we needed one goal in something like 65 mins against 10 men. We had both Lafferty & Grezda on and created less than we did in Vienna.

No way were we going to score twice last night if we lost the first goal, even if it was early on.

The think I'd most question is the incoming transfers.

£2m man Grezda left out for a boy who hadn't started a senior game before Sept. On a night when we needed a goal, our back up striker wasn't trusted with much more than 10 mins.

Our £1.25m centre half is left out in favour of a 39 year old

Which backs up the point about this season and the current squad.
whats that got to do with your last 7 years statement, nothing whatsoever, the current state is of our own managements making over the last couple of years, but thankfully we are on the right rack ow

Thought the performance was pretty much on par with what we could have expected.

Some will say we were too negative.

Last Sunday we needed one goal in something like 65 mins against 10 men. We had both Lafferty & Grezda on and created less than we did in Vienna.

No way were we going to score twice last night if we lost the first goal, even if it was early on.

The think I'd most question is the incoming transfers.

£2m man Grezda left out for a boy who hadn't started a senior game before Sept. On a night when we needed a goal, our back up striker wasn't trusted with much more than 10 mins.

Our £1.25m centre half is left out in favour of a 39 year old
good points hadn't considered them doesn't fill me with confidence

whats that got to do with your last 7 years statement, nothing whatsoever, the current state is of our own managements making over the last couple of years, but thankfully we are on the right rack ow

Because the last two years are also part of the last 7 years. Things do not occur in isolation - it has a cumulative impact. Decisions made 5 years ago influence decisions made 2 years ago influence this past Summer.

doesn't stop him trying does it, imagine the dressing room before the game ok guys we are f ucked and never going to win anything but go out there and give it your best, no chance
Never said anything about winning nothing. I said he won't win a European trophy with Rangers

Underachieving last season doesn’t make it par. Yes there is progression, but that was to be expected and any review should be based on current circumstances, not history.

Because the last two years are also part of the last 7 years. Things do not occur in isolation - it has a cumulative impact. Decisions made 5 years ago influence decisions made 2 years ago influence this past Summer.
bullshit these decisions are made in isolation, what did what happen to us 7 years ago have in the process of appointing Cachina (spelling) f uck all, the board in their wisdom thought he was the right man for the job and the got it wrong

bullshit these decisions are made in isolation, what did what happen to us 7 years ago have in the process of appointing Cachina (spelling) f uck all, the board in their wisdom thought he was the right man for the job and the got it wrong

Because of the position it put our Club in and from which we are still in the process of recovering. I find it odd you're unable to see this. I guess you think the retail deal with Ashley does not impact us now...

Caixinha was a terrible appointment. One of the issues, though, was the level of interest. After all, we had/have little money to upgrade an average squad, had recently been promoted from the Championship, had no European football and were not the most attractive proposition.

Caixinha was a gamble. Gerrard is a gamble. We're taking gambles because we cannot afford proven managerial quality - and that is due to the last 7 years.

I can understand the OP to a certain extent but the fact is we have come an awful long way when we are moaning about going out of Europe. That said, I think we were really un lucky not to go through and that's bloody good progress

are you? thats pretty cool, know a few, they all have beards wear skinny jeans and pretend their not gay
I bet you do. Don't have a beard or skinny jeans and if I was gay it would be news to me.Youve obviously got issues and I'm busy so best leave it there. Cheerio

We regularly got horsed in Europe with players like Laudrup, McCoist, Gascoigne, Gough and Goram in our team. That was before we were torn apart financially by crooks and fucked off down to the lowest division in the country so, with respect, i am pretty content with the progress we have made. Obviously i want to improve significantly but some of the bitching and whining is ridiculous

ok nice emotional response, but getting back to the facts were is the poster wrong about last nights performance
How can a team be "abject" but widely acknowledged as the better team on the night..?

RV are obviously not a "farm team". They would wipe the floor with everyone in the SPL bar us and the kiddie-fiddlers (you know, the Big Jock Knew crowd)

Starting from where the squad was at the end of last season SG has practically worked miracles and it takes a huge sneering sense of entitlement to describe the team as abject.

Here's how I personally expect a club like Rangers should get on : Each season we should aim to do more (or equal if it was a particularly successful season) than we did the previous year.

If we do that then the good times will inevitably arrive

It's quite simple, if you compare it to 12 months ago we have come on absolute leaps and bounds on the European scene

No one is happy that we lost tonight, but at the same time you can't act like a spoiled kid and expect to win everything. It's a sport, there is a winner and a loser, have a bit of grace tonight and accept that the guys out there have done us proud overall.

That's all well & good but how does that fit in with our poor...ish form in a number of games domestically?

Because of the position it put our Club in and from which we are still in the process of recovering. I find it odd you're unable to see this. I guess you think the retail deal with Ashley does not impact us now...

Caixinha was a terrible appointment. One of the issues, though, was the level of interest. After all, we had/have little money to upgrade an average squad, had recently been promoted from the Championship, had no European football and were not the most attractive proposition.

Caixinha was a gamble. Gerrard is a gamble. We're taking gambles because we cannot afford proven managerial quality - and that is due to the last 7 years.
i dont know were to start with this, maybe you are overthinking this or just attempting to appear intelligent, either way its a fail and your preoccupation with what happened 7 years ago and how it relate s to our current position on face value has no relevance, but if im missing something let me know

i dont know were to start with this, maybe you are overthinking this or just attempting to appear intelligent, either way its a fail and your preoccupation with what happened 7 years ago and how it relate s to our current position on face value has no relevance, but if im missing something let me know

You're missing a lot judging by the manner of your posting on this and other subjects. I'll leave you to it.

That's all well & good but how does that fit in with our poor...ish form in a number of games domestically?
I'd say it's consistent with a team still being built. There will be setbacks and mistakes, but that we are making progress..

oh no its the grammar police, quick get the handcuffs out
Maybe you shouldn't be calling people not very bright and doubting their comprehension skills when your posts are littered with grammatical errors and mispellings too eh..?

Maybe you shouldn't be calling people not very bright and doubting their comprehension skills when your posts are littered with grammatical errors and mispellings too eh..?
classic response, nothing on substance purely on grammar, f uck i love you guys, just hope the UK hasnt wasted any taxpayers money on your higher education

classic response, nothing on substance purely on grammar, f uck i love you guys, just hope the UK hasnt wasted any taxpayers money on your higher education
So you don't see the substance in belittling someone else when you are far worse..? No, of course you don't. You're just not equipped for it.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

more passive aggressive threats, my god man stand up and declare yourself, its ok to be you, no one will judge

There are no threats. I'm encouraging you to keep posting due to the entertainment :). Odd you would take that as a threat.

Not really much to declare. Anyway, we've probably come to the end of our discussion. Here's to success on Sunday!

Back