Serious upgrades and the squad players brought in

RFC97

We played a weakened team today and it showed just how lacking in depth we are. Candeias, Worrall and Halliday - who we have seen far too much of this season - are miles away from being in a Rangers team.

Kent leaves and we can't just rely on Murphy to come in as a first team replacement. A serious upgrade is needed here.

Ryan Jack in the midfield had the limitations in his game exposed today. Serious upgrade needed.

The squad players we brought in make sense to replace the likes of Candeias, Worrall and Halliday etc because they won't do even as back up.

And for the CM and inside forward, about 8m needs spent here or we can forget winning any title.

We played a weakened team today and it showed just how lacking in depth we are. Candeias, Worrall and Halliday - who we have seen far too much of this season - are miles away from being in a Rangers team.

Kent leaves and we can't just rely on Murphy to come in as a first team replacement. A serious upgrade is needed here.

Ryan Jack in the midfield had the limitations in his game exposed today. Serious upgrade needed.

The squad players we brought in make sense to replace the likes of Candeias, Worrall and Halliday etc because they won't do even as back up.

And for the CM and inside forward, about 8m needs spent here or we can forget winning any title.
Harsh on jack, playing beside halliday in midfield and candieas instead of arfield must be absolutely honking.

Agree we need a quality midfielder that can support arfield and kamara and relegate jack to a squad player.

I think a right sided winger is more prescient than a left, one centre back and a left back.

No panic talk from me but I think we collectively all know we need good quality throughout the team that will happen over the summer.

Also we had no Tavernier, Katic, Davis, Arfield playing today.

Very worrying if we were to pick up several injuries to key positions at once next season.

A lot of work needs done this summer again.

Interesting to see Kamara escape criticism, despite him being responsible for their first goal and generally wasteful today.

Where-as Jack assists our goal.

Halliday on the other hand, dearie me.

Candeias was incredibly unlucky not to score and generally was involved with any decent chances. I'll even say that he had a better game than Kent. We had an off day, it happens. More importantly there will be no European football for the sheep.

Candeias was incredibly unlucky not to score and generally was involved with any decent chances. I'll even say that he had a better game than Kent. We had an off day, it happens. More importantly there will be no European football for the sheep.

Candeias was appalling today. His second half of the season has been horrible mate.

Interesting to see Kamara escape criticism, despite him being responsible for their first goal and generally wasteful today.

At a crucial point in the second, jack breaks to the left of the Killie box on a 3 v 2 (iirc). Simple square ball required into the middle for a tap in or 1 v 1. Fluffs it. I’d expect any first choice CM to be able to make that pass when we get the chance.

Honestly never seen so many people panic so much in my entire life
No panic from me.

We need players gone, some aren't good enough, some need other teams for various reasons.

Jack, candeais, Halliday and barasic. Just not good enough. First 3 not through effort but ability. Barasic, has the ability but not the effort. Unacceptable.

Foderingham and morelos. 1 Needs first team football, one needs to move while we retain value and use the funds to improve.

Worral glad he will be gone, Kent sad he will be gone. Lafferty is a waste of space as is Grezda.

I've backed every player this season but push comes to shove. We've got tens of thousands a week wasting our time or unable to provide the quality required.

Facts are facts, not a panic response.

At a crucial point in the second, jack breaks to the left of the Killie box on a 3 v 2 (iirc). Simple square ball required into the middle for a tap in or 1 v 1. Fluffs it. I’d expect any first choice CM to be able to make that pass when we get the chance.

That's really typical of Jack.

Constantly gets nose bleeds in those positons. There was another one where a run was made down the right and Jack should have slipped him in but he just couldn't spot it, the vision isn't there.

Candeias was appalling today. His second half of the season has been horrible mate.
I thought he was ok. The whole team were a mile off the pace if we're honest. Killie simply wanted it more than us, first time in Europe in over 50 years if they beat us. We had absolutely zilch to play for and again once Alfie is back in the team we reverted to type. I could understand if we'd played well and lost but the free flowing football that we'd been playing in the last half dozen games was missing. Instead we played the ball about the first third, sideways passes and looked scared to come out. After half time we basically had Goldson launch it up to Morelos most of the time. Forget it and look forward to who will come in to improve us pre season mate.

I thought he was ok. The whole team were a mile off the pace if we're honest. Killie simply wanted it more than us, first time in Europe in over 50 years if they beat us. We had absolutely zilch to play for and again once Alfie is back in the team we reverted to type. I could understand if we'd played well and lost but the free flowing football that we'd been playing in the last half dozen games was missing. Instead we played the ball about the first third, sideways passes and looked scared to come out. After half time we basically had Goldson launch it up to Morelos most of the time. Forget it and look forward to who will come in to improve us pre season mate.

And this is exactly what we've seen before. Keeping our better players out the team has meant we reverted back. To me it shows the back ups aren't good enough.

Imagine we get an injury crisis in December and have to sit through that again.

Said it before I did. Was similar to the mistake Kamara made v the sheep in the cup which effectively put us out. Quite why Jack is getting the brunt of it today is beyond me.

Each to their own I suppose.

I hate threads like this. All we can do is trust that the management team know what we need and will recruit accordingly. It’s been successful so far.

I hate threads like this. All we can do is trust that the management team know what we need and will recruit accordingly. It’s been successful so far.

Night and day from this point last season. I'm not sure you can transform an entire football squad in the one 12 month period if that is what some expect?

Try 4/5m.

2/3m price range we still risk Pena/Grezda/Barisic types.

We struck some bargains but never heavily invested in our midfield last summer now I can't stress how vital it is. If it means 1 or 2 become squad players to supplement high calibre players so be it.

Don't want to go of the deep end here , but Worrel ffs I am 59 and have better ball control than him Barasic for an International defender was embarrassing Kamara is not a holding midfield player and although he scored a wonderful goal Morelos playing changes the way we play , when Shagger,Tav,Katic,Davis,Arfield and Defoe play we are the best in this league .

Barisic,Worrall,Morelos(most likely),Kent,Lafferty,Coulibally all need replaced or in Kents case brought back imo Grezda has already been replaced with Jones and Hastie coming in

McGregor
New LB
Goldson
Katic
Tav
Kamara
Davis
New AM
Arfield
Defoe/Morelos
New Forward

I don’t think we are miles away with the starting line up, we need quality added in these 3 positions

Don't want to go of the deep end here , but Worrel ffs I am 59 and have better ball control than him Barasic for an International defender was embarrassing Kamara is not a holding midfield player and although he scored a wonderful goal Morelos playing changes the way we play , when Shagger,Tav,Katic,Davis,Arfield and Defoe play we are the best in this league .

How Worrall has made it as a professional player is thought provoking.

Improvements need to be made in getting a left back, attacking midfield player that can fill the number 10 role (showed today), new right winger to replace Candeias, new centre half and a striker.

We have a lot of players who will/could leave and won’t really impact us (ie no big loss)

Worral
McAuley
Firth
Coulibaly
Wallace
Lafferty
Holt
Dodoo
Barisic
Grezda
Kent (only real player we’ll miss)
Morelos (cash in imo)

Jack was poor today but saying he should be leaving and he isn't good enough is just childish nonsense.
Exactly. He was poor mainly because he was carrying kamara today, who was far worse than he was imo, yet he escapes the same criticism. Both players deficiencies were exposed due to the change of formation though. It's no coincidence that both have been excellent with Davis beside them and arfield in front as it allows both to play their natural game. Today is not the day for knee jerk reactions to a loss against a team with something to play for considering we made 5 changes plus gave the 3rd choice goalie and a 17yo academy player their debuts. Its FF though, reaction is ridiculous as usual lol.

Exactly. He was poor mainly because he was carrying kamara today, who was far worse than he was imo, yet he escapes the same criticism. Both players deficiencies were exposed due to the change of formation though. It's no coincidence that both have been excellent with Davis beside them and arfield in front as it allows both to play their natural game. Today is not the day for knee jerk reactions to a loss against a team with something for considering we made 5 changes plus gave the 3rd choice goalie and a 17yo academy player their debuts. Its FF though, reaction is ridiculous as usual lol.

We have beaten Killie once in the league in the last two seasons - it's nothing short of disgraceful.

Some of these players were playing for their career at Rangers as well. It showed exactly what needs addressed and that work is to be done.

People were starting to rest on their laurels after our run.

Back