Seriously - What Can Gerrard do About Morelos?

As soon as Alfie gets a yellow,SG should take him off before he gets sent off. We know that everyone not in a blue shirt is after him so, just lead him out of temptation and sit him down.

As soon as Alfie gets a yellow,SG should take him off before he gets sent off.

We know that everyone not in a blue shirt is after him so, just lead him out of temptation and sit him down.

How about we stop acting like a battered wife and always thinking everything is our (Alfies ) fault and instead we demand parity and that Refs protect our players and that the laws are applied evenly and not just always to the letter of the law only for Alfie all the time.

Or maybe he just expects the rules to apply to all players the same..you know, Parity! there is no denying that Alfie is a marked man and anyone that doesn't think so, is kidding themselves on
I do agree that he is a marked man, no doubts about that, cut out the petted lip bollocks, cut out the back chat to officials, focus his energies on winning games and personal battles and we have a real player on our hands, if he does continue on the same road as he is at present the club will move him on, we are not good enough to play any one with 10.

I do agree that he is a marked man, no doubts about that, cut out the petted lip bollocks, cut out the back chat to officials, focus his energies on winning games and personal battles and we have a real player on our hands, if he does continue on the same road as he is at present the club will move him on, we are not good enough to play anyone with 10.

He is a young guy in a foreign country who sees other players booting him and making rash tackles/challenges towards him and who are walking away without being booked and usually only spoken to and then he gets in about another player and immediately he's booked for making similar challenges that he has had aimed at him.

You make a claim in your post that isn't true, and I pointed out that the players were involved, for 2 separate cards, hardly shocking. Will we pretend that the players didn't ask for cards despite it being evident so we can hold some kind of narrative?

I've noticed for some time that people post something made up to try and emphasise their point.

Unless what you wonder? :rolleyes:

You make a point of regularly undermining other posters. You've been at it for years. I can tell by the content of your posts that you are working to an agenda.

Im not going to debate but I'll continue to warn others to keep a lookout and not be put off by you.

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.

In the circumstances of a card happy ref, why did Gerrard not sub him? Seems obvious to me

He needs to be told to stop letting his team mates down.
Let his skill do the talking
Stop taking the huff when it's not going his way.
Give 100% all the time... which he doesn't do. He gets frustrated too easily and that's when he lashes out.
He should laugh it off and walk away that would piss them off.

He puts his hand into shinnies neck. Maybe is a yellow but certainly didn't warrant the reaction from shinnie
What a drama queen Shinnie became rolling about like a schoolgirl who'd just peed her drawers , i hope he was embarrassed when he watched the playback . He really went down in my estimations as a player after that dramatic display .

He needs to be told to stop letting his team mates down.
Let his skill do the talking
Stop taking the huff when it's not going his way.
Give 100% all the time... which he doesn't do. He gets frustrated too easily and that's when he lashes out.
He should laugh it off and walk away that would piss them off.

Where do people get this pish from? And ‘stop letting his team down’? We’d fucked without him this season. He let us down badly in that one game, aside from that he and McGregor have been driving us on more than anyone.

Impress on him "Pronto" that it does not matter how good he is, he is no good to no one, if he's not there! He fails to get the message, then unfortunately, it has to be, Bye!

Last edited:
You make a point of regularly undermining other posters. You've been at it for years. I can tell by the content of your posts that you are working to an agenda.

Im not going to debate but I'll continue to warn others to keep a lookout and not be put off by you.

You are clearly a strange character.

You make something up, I post the facts now you are starting a campaign of 'warning others'. Over egging your toys out the pram I reckon.

:Do_O:D:D

Not Gerrards problem now hes looked after him enough Morelos needs to take responsibility for his own actions he's a grown man and knows right from wrong only he can fix it. He needs to control himself and in game where he is getting kicked and flung about the only option to silence the haters is score goals its that bloody simple.

Not Gerrards problem now hes looked after him enough Morelos needs to take responsibility for his own actions he's a grown man and knows right from wrong only he can fix it. He needs to control himself and in game where he is getting kicked and flung about the only option to silence the haters is score goals its that bloody simple.
How about we demand some parity and the rules are applied as liberaly to others as they appear to be towarda Alfie.

So we should just sit back & accept it's okay that he's going to be kicked about all game? Deal with it kind of attitude?

That’s not going to happen though is it? Twice this season we’ve called SFA out & then done nothing

Well, on this thread there has been posters stating Alfies mental health help for anger management,others saying he should either be dropped or sold. Id suggest that we again call out Refs and demand protection for our players and that equality must be shown in the name of that buzz word from a few seasons ago ,"sporting integrity" .

Its a tough one now for the Gaffer. The mhedia campaign to demonise Morelos was worked with refs. He either publicly calls out why Alfie is treated differently to other forwards who complain about decisions and are rarely booked for dissent, or Morelos could feel he's not being protected by his Manager and downs tools. Overall, with the amount of yellow and red cards we've had, the depiction of us as some new Wimbledon FC kicking teams off the pitch is ridiculous.

Well, on this thread there has been posters stating Alfies mental health help for anger management,others saying he should either be dropped or sold. Id suggest that we again call out Refs and demand protection for our players and that equality must be shown in the name of that buzz word from a few seasons ago ,"sporting integrity" .

Anyone suggesting Morelos has mental health issues is quite clearly a banger of the highest order.

You are clearly a strange character.

You make something up, I post the facts now you are starting a campaign of 'warning others'. Over egging your toys out the pram I reckon.

:Do_O:D:D

We are all entitled to our opinion and we should always stick to the facts.

Seems to me that you seem the West end of Glasgow type with your fancy beers and ways of the world :D

So we should just sit back & accept it's okay that he's going to be kicked about all game? Deal with it kind of attitude?
Well nothing that we do seems to change only thing that helps is when he scores or shuts up hes solid he can take a few hits its his reaction to things so things that he can control he needs to work on everything else is out of his control like getting kicked about so again he needs to take responsibility for how he reacts and deals with it no one else.

Last edited:
We are all entitled to our opinion and we should always stick to the facts.

Seems to me that you seem the West end of Glasgow type with your fancy beers and ways of the world :D

You are correct on both counts. Guy makes stuff up, I give facts he is stalking me now and said I'm a Tim o_O (that part is nonsense)

Yes, I do like fancy beers like Tennents.

Well nothing that we do seems to change only thing that helps is when he scores or shuts up hes solid he can take a few hits not and again its in his make up to be physical just not react with stupidity do it in a controlled way. Leave the rest to the refs to deal with if they even deal with them that is not add to the fire

I can't offer a practical solution (well, better/normal refereeing) but there's got to be a difference between boxing clever & getting bent over.

You are correct on both counts. Guy makes stuff up, I give facts he is stalking me now and said I'm a Tim o_O (that part is nonsense)

Yes, I do like fancy beers like Tennents.

Well I'll stop short of calling you a Tim. But the guy sitting next to you must be a decent level headed fella to listen to your ramblings at Ibrox!!

I can't offer a practical solution (well, better/normal refereeing) but there's got to be a difference between boxing clever & getting bent over.
Exactly how you as a person reacts is the difference............and his reactions have been costly how about instead of acting out and getting needless cards go score goals is that not the best reaction that we could all ask for??? Seen its a fighting battle with the refs? Gerrard can only say so much and motivate to a certain extent so again every single play needs to man up and take responsibility for their game they are grown men and professionals im sure they can step up

Well I'll stop short of calling you a Tim. But the guy sitting next to you must be a decent level headed fella to listen to your ramblings at Ibrox!!

The seat to my left is empty, so you are correct :D

The guy to my right though......:eek: although does give a good rendition of 'Ulster Girl'

yup but again not Gerrards fault

Where have I said anything is Stevie G's fault? that's right..nowhere! I said we as a club must demand parity and the rules are applied to all because right now other players can talk back to the ref and they aren't getting a yellow for it but Alfie does it and he is!

Where have I said anything is Stevie G's fault? that's right..nowhere! I said we as a club must demand parity and the rules are applied to all because right now other players can talk back to the ref and they aren't getting a yellow for it but Alfie does it and he is!
Wasnt meaning you the thread says what can Gerrard do? Think we have been demanding it but the reality is it wont change so our players need to change how they react and we simply wont get as many cards is that not a simple solution or a solution within our control.

The dilemma that we have is that you don’t want to take away the mean streak that he has. How to get a degree of match intelligence across to him. His first booking the other night was right after Coulibaly had got away with a tackle, it was within the second minute of 2 minute’s injury time. The ref was always going to book him and there was no need to tackle.
The second one was typical petulance.
He needs to keep the aggression and add some brains to his game, he is still young, and it isn’t that easy to get him there.

Wasnt meaning you the thread says what can Gerrard do?

Think we have been demanding it but the reality is it wont change so our players need to change how they react and we simply wont get as many cards is that not a simple solution or a solution within our control.

Why should they? Why cant refs just apply the rules in a fair and just manner? To say its our fault and we need to change to suit others that cant apply the rules in an equal manner is akin to a battered wife saying its her fault her husband beats the shit out of her.

Why should they? Why cant refs just apply the rules in a fair and just manner? To say its our fault and we need to change to suit others that cant apply the rules in an equal manner is akin to a battered wife saying its her fault her husband beats the shit out of her.
well unfortunately thats how its is so if we dont try to not react we will keep getting cards and keep losing players and end up not a title threat so i would say for the greater good react with goals not petulance. We are fighting a losing battle with the refs know when to lose battles but win the war ;)

well unfortunately thats how its is so if we dont try to not react we will keep getting cards and keep losing players and end up not a title threat so i would say for the greater good react with goals not petulance. We are fighting a losing battle with the refs know when to lose battles but win the war ;)

We aren't fighting a losing battle, we can show refs up for inconsistent cheats they are. We should at a press conference just call out the refs with examples of the most blatant double standards with Alfie being booked for an "offence" and those that walk away Scot free for doing exactly the same thing and say we are doing this to try and raise the Ref performance levels within this country all in the name of " sporting integrity" !

We arent fighting a losing battle, we can show refs up for inconsistent cheats they are. We should at a press conference just call out the refs with examples of the most blatant double standards with Alfie being booked for an "offence" and those that walk away Scot free for doing exactly the same thing and say we are doing this to try and raise the Ref performance levels within this country all in the name of 2 sporting integrity" !
Totally agree mate but the reality is we wont and it will continue to happen its discusting to say the least but you know as well as i do it happens and will always be like that unless we get in refs from another country. And you must admit some times Alfredo is stupid and doesnt actually need to react the way he does he gives them ammo not as much now tho he is getting there and improving on the acting out but its still in him as hes passionate and obv pissed off and getting booted about but it will never ever help the team him acting out never so it does need to stop somewhere

Totally agree mate but the reality is we wont and it will continue to happen its discusting to say the least but you know as well as i do it happens and will always be like that unless we get in refs from another country. And you must admit some times Alfredo is stupid and doesnt actually need to react the way he does he gives them ammo not as much now tho he is getting there and improving on the acting out but its still in him as hes passionate and obv pissed off and getting booted about but it will never ever help the team him acting out never so it does need to stop somewhere

I think its frustation that other players are kicking the shit out of him and he's meant to just take it.

I think its frustation that other players are kicking the shit out of him and he's meant to just take it.

Messi has received one red card his entire career - when he was still a teenager. He's received only 68 yellows in 781 appearances. Something tells me he's being tackled a hell of a lot more than Morelos.

Messi has received one red card his entire career - when he was still a teenager. He's received only 68 yellows in 781 appearances. Something tells me he's being tackled a hell of a lot more than Morelos.
Who cares about him! I care about whats happening in this league with our players.

Who cares about him! I care about whats happening in this league with our players.

You don't care that players out there are clearly capable of, with the right training and temperament, ignoring the wild tackles they are on the receiving end of and using that to motivate themselves towards scoring goals and aiding the team?

Fair enough.

You don't care that players out there are clearly capable of, with the right training and temperament, ignoring the wild tackles they are on the receiving end of and using that to motivate themselves towards scoring goals and aiding the team?

Fair enough.
I dont care what happens to players that arent our players but I do care it's clear Alfie is being treated differently to other players & booked for things others arent

If you dont care about that then fair enough.

I dont care what happens to players that arent our players but I do care it's clear Alfie is being treated differently to other players & booked for things others arent

If you dont care about that then fair enough.

I never said that I disagreed with that, so bringing that up is a moot point.

I am always amazed at how remarkable some people find the idea of a good, attacking player being the target of fouls, both in the pantheon of 1. Rangers players and 2. World players. It's nothing new.

He is a young guy in a foreign country who sees other players booting him and making rash tackles/challenges towards him and who are walking away without being booked and usually only spoken to and then he gets in about another player and immediately he's booked for making similar challenges that he has had aimed at him.
I agree with this. However Alfredo does not help his or our cause by reacting as he did against Ayr, for example. He was fouled in the incident but gave the referee the chance to book him for dissent which appears to be a bigger crime in Scotland than being booted up and down the park.

I was not sure why he had been yellow carded again on Wednesday and only saw the incident on TV yesterday. Shinnie’s reaction to the “swinging arm” was a joke but this is what Scottish football offers. Alfredo must learn that no marks like Shinnie are trying to sucker him into receiving a yellow card or worse.

The hysterical reaction from Levein last week did not help but we as a club need to impress on Alfredo the need to keep his cool. Easier said than done as I sit here typing on my phone. I was however disappointed with his showing in the first half as I thought Alfredo was concentrating more on the marker rather than trying to retain the ball.

He is no use to us in the stand. However, he is a vital player for us when he is on the park and we need his goal scoring threat.

I never said that I disagreed with that, so bringing that up is a moot point.

I am always amazed at how remarkable some people find the idea of a good, attacking player being the target of fouls, both in the pantheon of 1. Rangers players and 2. World players. It's nothing new.

Refs don't care though when Alfie is subjected to wild tackles, thats why he loses the rag!

The theory that he is a 'marked' man .

Let's look at facts.

Prior to joining Rangers he had a good disciplinary record in Finland and was not considered to be a player who committed many fouls and certainly not one who stacked up reds and yellows continuously.

Is there any evidence that he has been treated unfairly? Yes,clearly with one rescinded red card.

Is his alleged 'petulance' due to his different temperament , language barrier and the challenges in what is considered to be a rough and ready league...not for nothing is the term 'hammer throwers ' applied to the Scottish game?The position on that one is not so clear,he clearly has to rein in the dissent which he can show.

Does he attract cards more readily than other players due to his higher profile, 'reputation' for being temperamental and a bit edgy with opposition coaches exploiting that side to his character?Very possibly in my opinion.

Are referees overly keen to card him when a word in his ear would suffice.Additionaly certain other high players get away with repeated fouling without a card being shown,this is clearly evidenced.Again I am of the opinion that he is indeed singled out for attention via a card all too readily by officials.

Dearie me just when you thought there couldn’t be anymore apologists in our support along come you are your pathetic ilk.
Instead of apologising for double standards of these quite clearly shytebag referees we should be highlighting the fact these cretins simple aren’t up to the task and take their slanted views by the even more fecked up media in this country is the most disappointing aspect of the Gerrard reign.

I agree with this. However Alfredo does not help his or our cause by reacting as he did against Ayr, for example. He was fouled in the incident but gave the referee the chance to book him for dissent which appears to be a bigger crime in Scotland than being booted up and down the park.

I was not sure why he had been yellow carded again on Wednesday and only saw the incident on TV yesterday. Shinnie’s reaction to the “swinging arm” was a joke but this is what Scottish football offers. Alfredo must learn that no marks like Shinnie are trying to sucker him into receiving a yellow card or worse.

The hysterical reaction from Levein last week did not help but we as a club need to impress on Alfredo the need to keep his cool. Easier said than done as I sit here typing on my phone. I was however disappointed with his showing in the first half as I thought Alfredo was concentrating more on the marker rather than trying to retain the ball.

He is no use to us in the stand. However, he is a vital player for us when he is on the park and we need his goal scoring threat.
Wow you really have picked the most unbelievable booking to highlight re. Morelos, he was kicked up in the air and nothing was given by that total prick Madden, then Morelos had the audacity to go mad at Madden for not giving a foul and was booked for it, in the same game Halliday went off his rocker at Madden and he totally ignore Halliday’s reaction.why was that?
I really shake my head in disbelieve at a large portion of our support who just can’t get in into their heads that we are unequivocally being refereed to a completely different standard.
Some of our support’s behaviour is akin to a battered wife, were it’s always our fault and we just keep coming back for more.

In the circumstances of a card happy ref, why did Gerrard not sub him? Seems obvious to me
Cause if he subbed him and we still lost, there'd be myriad threads about how Gerrard got it wrong and we can't keep kowtowing to the refs obvious agenda by subbing our main striker cause they book him. Seems obvious to me

Back