Seriously - What Can Gerrard do About Morelos?

bench him...........but then who plays?

lafferty is only option and Sadiq is just a no no

We tell him to keep doing what he does, whilst getting to the bottom of why he’s refereed to a different standard to other players in the league.

The guy is vilified in the media, we’ve had 4 days of sound bytes as to why he wasn’t sent off at Tynecastle (for absolutely nothing) and then he sees red tonight. Does anyone genuinely believe they’re not related?

The mentally challengeds with typewriters will be putting their feet up tonight and will consider it a job done.
don't kid yourself on... he deserved it last night

If Morales had committed the foul that Shinnie hit Big G with it would have been a straight red. I predicted before kick off Morales would see red, after the squealing since Sunday I can't have been the only one who thought this.
Morales again was stupid last night and the manager will go through him but the player himself must realise himself this can't continue.

The general consensus is he deserved the second but not the first. Ergo, no red. No one is kidding anyone.
He was trying to break the scoring record yet gets himself sent off in the 64th minute.

he could have seen straight red for raising his arm anyway.
how people can try and defend him is beyond me.

he has had many chances and doesnt seem to ever learn

He was trying to break the scoring record yet gets himself sent off in the 64th minute.

he could have seen straight red for raising his arm anyway.
how people can try and defend him is beyond me.

he has had many chances and doesnt seem to ever learn

The second yellow was never a straight red. Ever. It's hysterical nonsense to try and suggest that.

Arse of a boy and will never learn i'm afraid but i wudn't drop him we dont have the luxury of leaving our best player on the bench..

He gets fk all protection, not easy to be nipped at constantly and kp your cool, Lego is far worse that Alfie but he gets preferential treatment. The media have Alfie as a Vinnie Jones character when he ain’t.
I've always been on his side when the refs book him needlessly but last nights second booking was just stupidity and may have cost us at least a point I am now getting a bit fed up with his attitude and something needs to be done with him even though there is a media campaign against him and they obviously want him away. Somehow though I wonder how much Gérard has to do with the aggressive attitude of some of our players and whether he is instilling that in them because when Lafferty came on last night he was the same and could have been red carded.

Simple, he has to get a final warning from the Gaffer for a start.
He is unavailable for the next two league games so he will play V Rapid. He owes us after that showing last night so has to be able to fire us into the last 32 of the EL I'm talking a proper performance from the wee man. He will then miss our next league game again against Hamilton, so he has no reason for not being fresh for the run of games leading up to the filth on the 29th.

Folk saying he needs dropped, well he is now missing our next two league games so in effect he has gotten himself dropped for two games.

As soon as he got 1st booking new he was getting a red sub him once he's booked at least we will still play with 11 then if big Kyle scores a few in next 2 games then leave Alfredo on the bench .

He now won’t play for the next two weeks due to his luncacy. He should be told we’re not paying him for that period.

He cost us 3 points tonight. He nearly cost us Europe. It must stop now.
In what way did he cost us 3 points? We were never in a winning position. Obviously what he done was stupid but we should still be able to score against an Aberdeen side when we are both down to 10 men. We never really looked like scoring when we had a man advantage so I don't get the logic that he cost us 3 points

Also on this subject he was stupid getting that second booking last night but how many times does worse happen with elbows to our players and yet the opposition constantly get away with it.

I think he's brainless. SG gives a talk on discipline yet after being sent off, he walks up to the ref and starts applauding. Luckily the ref blanked him.
He's been here 16/17 months yet apparently has very poor English. I wonder if he was good at English, he might understand what SG means.

If Morales had committed the foul that Shinnie hit Big G with it would have been a straight red. I predicted before kick off Morales would see red, after the squealing since Sunday I can't have been the only one who thought this.
Morales again was stupid last night and the manager will go through him but the player himself must realise himself this can't continue.

Morales?

Eh? Are you AllyMcCoist?

Worst I have seen him play tonight as well. His first touch was shocking and for some reason he was trying to constantly shoulder barge anything that came near him. That time he hits Shinnie doing the same again making it an easy decision for the ref sadly. Never caught his yellow so was raging when I seen him being sent off.
That's totally how I saw his performance

I actually thought he was carrying a knock last night-constantly in the first half was bending touching his ankle.....might have been something else.

It is remarkable though on here he was went from a 20M man to being dropped/rested etc.

Whatever his flaws he's our best striker he needs to play-he's young developing-that bit he has I suspect can only be refined not removed.

People saying he didnt deserve the first but did the second

The second was a straight red card. End of. Blinkers off. No debate. Watch it again.

The only way he gets away with a yellow is the refs the wrong side

I actually thought he was carrying a knock last night-constantly in the first half was bending touching his ankle.....might have been something else.

It is remarkable though on here he was went from a 20M man to being dropped/rested etc.

Whatever his flaws he's our best striker he needs to play-he's young developing-that bit he has I suspect can only be refined not removed.

I noticed that too.

I think he got a second yellow but it could and probably should have been a straight red.

Clearly raised his arm.

Folk will tell you that this was the referees fault of course but they are, to man, deluded or lying.

I think the new wording regarding red cards, makes it’s a yellow not red. In the same way that his earlier red against Aberdeen was overturned.

Forgetting all the knee-jerk reactions of “sell him”...:rolleyes:

This is a big, big test of Gerrard’s man management. We went down to 10 men on Sunday, after which Gerrard publicised the fact that he’d had a word with the team about their discipline. Then tonight Morelos has another brain fade and gets another red card. It makes Gerrard look ridiculous.

The boy obviously has some talent but equally obviously needs to sort out his approach. 2 idiotic reds and a rescinded red and it’s only the start of November, plus lots of yellows. We know he is reffed to a different standard at times, but let’s be honest that a number of his cards have been for petulance or for arguing, both of which he has control over.

So what does Gerrard do? Something needs to be done but what? He’s an important player for us but we can’t afford to have him sitting in the stands instead of being on the pitch. He’s talented but needs to learn that he’s not bigger than the team. How does Gerrard get this into the player’s apparently thick skull without curbing the intensity and competitiveness which makes him the player he is. Drop him? If so, replace with Lafferty who hadn’t scored since mid-September?

Personally, I’d drop him to the bench for a few matches to teach him a lesson. I know that he’s a big player for us but this can’t continue,. He needs to wise up quickly and he seems to be showing no signs of being able to do that by himself.
The boy has some talent , lol.

Make sure there’s a decent replacement in place and then sell him.

Morelos worth will diminish if he carries on like this - and he clearly can’t follow instructions or has no respect for his boss.

That booking could have easily been a red card. He needs to be financially penalised for his stupidity.

Also on this subject he was stupid getting that second booking last night but how many times does worse happen with elbows to our players and yet the opposition constantly get away with it.
Stevie May on Jack at Shittodrie springs to mind.

Exactly. The Hearts keeper had a hand on top of the ball; Arfield was never, in a million years, going to take that ball legally from the keeper. He doesn't get the same backlash as Morelos does.

Arfield isn't a serial offender.

Alfie's had 14 bookings in all games this season, that includes the 2 games when he got 2 yellows, for his own sake & the team he's got to wisen up. He's no use to us sitting in the stand.

SG needs to find a way to get through to him! I’m in no doubt that he has been told to fight hard with the CH’s of other teams - thats not the problem, it’s the off the ball stuff!
He’s a young man but he’ll learn! He was total horse sh*t the other night though - couldn’t trap a ball!
Lets not chuck him under the bus just yet.....

Back