Seven down, how many more?

Aggieblue

So here we are in what will effectively be an extended transfer speculation and window and with 7 now gone where we will have paid all or some wages, how many others do you think we will try to “move on” not from our starting 11 or transfer earners but from a bloated squad or some we probably should never of signed.

So here we are in what will effectively be an extended transfer speculation and window and with 7 now gone where we will have paid all or some wages, how many others do you think we will try to “move on” not from our starting 11 or transfer earners but from a bloated squad or some we probably should never of signed.

was it not 6

Whilst it would be great to have quality and quantity, its a very fine line.

If we go for 2 or 3 great signings, we are a couple of injuries/suspensions away from issues we've repeatedly have.

For us to improve, the incomings just need to be better than those leaving which frankly, shouldn't be hard.

We've been saying that for almost 4 years now.

I still don't think the penny has dropped.
I'll be a tad dissapointed if we go with the usual squad bulking approach this summer. Yes, we may need to replace a few of these squad players but this could also be done by promoting a few on the fringes of the 1st team squad.
I'd rather we go for 2 or 3 players to instantly improve the first 11.

I'd loan Mcrorie out again next season and keep Docherty around as a squad player but yeah it's tough to see any of that list being here long term.

Signing Barker and Jones was a total waste of time and money.
I was over in Denmark for our qualifier when we signed Barker and I thought my mate was at the wind up. Told me give him a chance, seem enough at Hibs to know he was rotten

Of the group who’ve been released, the one I’m more concerned about replacing is Wes. He was a great back-up keeper and I never had any worries about him stepping in for Shagger.
A back-up left back is now a necessity, and as much as Andy and Flano gave their all when they were given game time, I feel we need much better quality for the times when Borna is not part of the first eleven.

Barker
Jones
Docherty
McCrorie
Murphy
Stewart
Middleton

Wouldn’t be surprised to see any of them leave
I think Barker, Jones and Doc will be a cert. The rest should be given a preseason to impress.

I certainly wouldnt be looking to move on mccrorie. Murphy was fit and on fire on loan, he deserves a chance back here too. Middleton & Stewart will need to improve massively but i would give them one last chance.

I think Barker, Jones and Doc will be a cert. The rest should be given a preseason to impress.

I certainly wouldnt be looking to move on mccrorie. Murphy was fit and on fire on loan, he deserves a chance back here too. Middleton & Stewart will need to improve massively but i would give them one last chance.
Can see the view about Murphy mate it was really just a list of the top of my head of players we’d certainly listen to offers of any kind for imo

Of the group who’ve been released, the one I’m more concerned about replacing is Wes. He was a great back-up keeper and I never had any worries about him stepping in for Shagger.
A back-up left back is now a necessity, and as much as Andy and Flano gave their all when they were given game time, I feel we need much better quality for the times when Borna is not part of the first eleven.
Mccrorie should be our number 2 goalie. Working hard with Greegs to get him ready to step in to his shoes in a year or 2 time. I'd give him cup games too.

I can see Jones staying, don't know why but I just have a hunch he'll be here next season.

Mccrorie
Middleton
Docherty
Murphy
Barker
Jones
Polster
Stewart
Defoe
Davis
This time next season, i would hope all the above are away.
None are good enough to win a cup never mind a league.
Remember the other first team players who are better!! couldnt win us anything.
Bit harsh on Polster. He's never put a foot wrong in the limited time he's played. Hopefully with a season to settle he can kick on. Similar to Stewart who's never really had a proper run out either.

Whilst there are several who really haven't been persevered with enough IMHO if the manager isn't going to play them then they need to go.
However, the manager simply has to start managing the game actually playing out in front of him and not the one he's hoping to see.

Bit harsh on Polster. He's never put a foot wrong in the limited time he's played. Hopefully with a season to settle he can kick on. Similar to Stewart who's never really had a proper run out either.
Fair shout, but you forget the quality needed to win a league.
Time to get ruthless i think.
The jacks, kamaras, goldsons etc couldnt win us anything , so i cant see how polster or stewart will.

Fair shout, but you forget the quality needed to win a league.
Time to get ruthless i think.
The jacks, kamaras, goldsons etc couldnt win us anything , so i cant see how polster or stewart will.
We also cant replace a full squad and expect them to click and win titles straight off the bat. Where do we get the cash to fund that? You need to be realistic. We'll be lucky to have 1 or 2 players walking straight into the first XI.

Very harsh on Jack. Not even going to get into that one. Everyone has their own opinions i guess.

Mccrorie
Middleton
Docherty
Murphy
Barker
Jones
Polster
Stewart
Defoe
Davis
This time next season, i would hope all the above are away.
None are good enough to win a cup never mind a league.
Remember the other first team players who are better!! couldnt win us anything.
I'd keep McCrorie, Docherty and Davis to rotate with the first team, we can't just cut over half the squad yet again and expect to hit the ground running

Certainly a lot more time to plan than expected and I suppose number of quality in’s may depend on the number of quality out’s but that aside I expect 3 walk in first teamer’s and 3 better quality back up’s!

We also cant replace a full squad and expect them to click and win titles straight off the bat. Where do we get the cash to fund that? You need to be realistic. We'll be lucky to have 1 or 2 players walking straight into the first XI.

Very harsh on Jack. Not even going to get into that one. Everyone has their own opinions i guess.
Fair shout, but the facts are there.
When you think we have an academy as well, when will the youngsters get a chance.
SG did say a year ago - quality not quantity.
Its went the opposite way, when you think grezda and lafferty got a pay off then we need the numbers down with better in.
We cant just have players who arent even average hanging around.
Ross wilson will be good at sorting it out.

We’re those already announced not in their last year?

We need a stronger squad, where we can rest some players for certain games that can step in without disrupting the team too much.

Maybe promote a couple of the youth team to the first team squad. Would be happy to bring back murphy and use mcrorie, theres money saved right away.

Dont tell me about the younger players not having to deal with the hammer throwers. They had to do that in the biscuit cup and I was impressed by the way they played ict in their own ground. As we dont have the finances to go out and buy a lot of proven quality,we'll need to start taking a gamble on them. Not all at once, but gradually.

Keep Doc,McCrorie.Davis and Defoe should be player/coaches.I know last part people might not agree on but feel their legs are going and maybe in my opinion better coaching players along.e.g. Defoe .....Alfredo,Davis.....Doc.

I can see Ross McCrorie, Jake Hastie and Glen Middleton going out on loan again. Docherty, Murphy and Barker will be moved on if at all possible I suspect. Not sure about Jordan Jones, I suspect SG has had enough of him.

I'd keep Stewart and Polson, both of whom showed they could contribute if played

Tav needs to be sold imho.....we need a new Era with a new Rangers Type Captain being a must........I said last season that I felt that a new Rangers Captain was still to be signed and I truly hope Ross and Steven are supported by the fans and the board to deliver us the really strong spine with an unstinting winning mentality is what we undoubtedly need.
I don’t ever want to hear any Rangers player state we can’t handle the pressure, especially a Captain!!!

Ross/Robby McCrorie, Hastie out on loan.

Docherty, Murphy and Middleton moved on.

Question marks over Barker and Jones?

Unsure of bids for players like Kamara, Tavernier and Morelos?

Ojo and Kamberi return to their parent clubs.

Like it or not, we are looking at yet another summer of numerous ins and outs.

We needs a second choice keeper, left back, CM, right sided attacker and a striker at the very least. That's without losing any first team players.

Back