Seven years ago the club lodged it's intention to go into administration

At various times over the last 7 years - I've dreamt of the day when the whole sordid affair is thouroughly & fairly investigated & culprits exposed & prosecuted for the obvious corrupt & illegal practices unfairly brought on our great club

I'm not fond of conspiracy theories or of a victimhood mentality- However I'm more convinced than ever that we were targetted & attacked by biased & even sinister enemies with the sole intention of destroying us despite any genuine sporting or legal reasons to do this

Regrettably - after 7 long years - a proper enquiry or explanation seems even further away than anytime up till now & depressingly I feel that every day that passes makes this less likely it will ever happen

Again depressingly - it very much looks like those allegedly corrupt & criminal individuals - who carried out these outrageously destructive acts - will get off scot free

Scotland becomes more like a 3rd world location every day - Justice is becoming a 'dirty' word

Aplologies for the negativity- but others started it -
& by the way I'm ecstatic that we are where we are now - even although we should never have suffered the last 7 years in the first place

Last edited:
Some people fucken praised Whyte for that - people actively thought it was a good idea as we could clear debt....fucken mental.

Waking up every morning feeling sick at what latest announcement to the stock exhange was being made, It just seemed never ending.

One of my happiest days was seeing DK, JG and PM standing outside Ibrox with their fists in the air after booting the spivs out - only then did it feel like we were finally going to be ok. And now Steven Gerrard is our bloody manager?!

Remember it like yesterday because of obvious reasons

I was actually nearly banned from FF the Weekend before for posting this was coming, followed conversations with Paul Murray

The thread was subsequently reopened after, I can’t remember what bollocks I was talking at the time but I remember going on to FF that night & the thread was something like ‘sccgers posted this, worth reading’ I’m sure by tags maybe

Anyway, Admin wasn’t a surprise, I think I thought it was a quick turnaround & all fine

Mrs took me away VD that year & I was glued to FF, didn’t really care about anything else

Dark times emotionally & mentally for everyone

%^*& you Murray, %^*& you Whyte

Not forgetting Donald Muir, the enemy within.

To be more precise, the limited company that then operated the football club lodged its intention to go into administration.

But here we still are, I'm glad to say.

My stomach churned and got a shiver down my spine reading that first post on the link.

On a personal level, my "JFK Moment". Was on a work training course when I got the text and was in a daze for the next day or so. Have been back to where I was on that course regularly since then but every time I pass the room in which I was sitting on the course, I shudder.

Horrible day. Horrible times.

I never liked Whyte - I can be honest and say that - but I hadn't thought it would lead to this. It was a real kick in the guts.

I always has suspicions and people in the know who told me about him were entirely right in every way about what he was going to do.

I heard a story the other day with regards to the data system at the club and how he essentially had a private line which was untraceable in relation to actual club business. It'd be interesting to see those emails

There's no doubt in my mind that we were utterly screwed by a white collar criminal and it's a disgrace that no charges ever stuck on it all.

I wouldn’t read into that, people genuinely wanted to cling onto hope

I can’t even remember if I convinced myself of that

Don’t think anyone could envisage the carnage that was ahead of us, alot of people & I include myself, simply weren’t prepared

it wasn't just hope though - there was a pretty decent % of people who had invested into Whyte and that was it - locked down don't anyone fucken dare question anything he does.

he was defended for numerous decisions that were just mental.

a written narrative about him fucking Dundee United over the Goodwillie fee despite it being screamingly obvious we just weren't spending money because he didnt have it - that was just a tiny example of how enjoyed he was by some.

there was continual and constant lines played out about how he was a clever businessman who was working the system and getting HMRC off our back.

"aye just take the points now, league is fucked anyway we can go again next season with the BTC gone" an oft said line by some.

"he is going to war with HMRC"

there was a pretty decent % of people who shouted down anyone who dared say a word against him.

if it was hope it was misplaced and replaced by utter fucken idiocy.

In the grand scheme of things it wasn't going to change a thing but just how utterly stupid some people were during that episode was really bizarre.

Reactions: ao2
Good to look back, does everyone good, perspective, stops the softening of attitudes, hopefully.

Imagine you told us 7 years ago the goal closest to the 7th year Anniversary would look like.

Ross McCrorie (Rangers under 15 player) to
Ryan Jack (Aberdeen youth player) to
James Tavernier (Newcastle youth player) to
Jermain Defoe

Prompting Rangers manager Steven Gerrard to rush the Aberdeen bench waving his fists at Derek McInnes (who at the time was still just a 9IAR player, friend of Gazza Durranty Coisty and all round good guy)

You would just laugh. Say that’s just daft.

Where we currently stand is tremendous given 7 years ago. Even given 3 years ago.

Our very existence and the way we exist is killing 33% of Scotland. It just needs to start taking trophies at Celtics expense and we are back at full normality.

Nearly there.

The shock of that day and what happened all through that summer still irritates me. I don't think I truly slept a wink until we were back playing again.
The conduct of HMRC, Lloyds, the SPL, SFA, Liewell and his puppets will never be forgiven for me.

In hindsight I would rather we had left Scottish football in 2012 and joined the EFL bottom tier rather than do what we did.

The conduct of the media and the Compliance officer in the last two weeks symptomizes the hatred and small mindedness of this country, and we should have left them to rot.

Don’t think anyone could envisage the carnage that was ahead of us, alot of people & I include myself, simply weren’t prepared

Looking back on it, if we'd known what we know now it might have been different but it's so hard a thing to work against. Corporate law is a complete bastard of a thing.

You can't really argue the case for doing things differently almost a decade later.

I don't think a club as big as ours had ever been targetted before quite so brazenly. It was a perfect storm for the crooks and our enemies and everything conspired against us.

I bet they couldn't quite believe their luck as things moved along

When the shit hit the fan I was 21 all this nonsense robbed the best years of my rangers supporting life from me. Only now when I’m struggling to afford to go everyweek etc it makes me even more bitter towards the people who landed us in that position

Most of us were mere rangers supporters looking for some kind of hope to cling to.we cant rewrite history as the vast majority of the support welcomed whyte into the club with open arms and even during administration and Mark Daly’s bbc documentary we attacked the reporter not the substance of the story that we were owned by a con-man.
The saddest part apart from the administration was the majority hoping whyte would win his court battle with hmrc over appointing duff&phelps as our administrators.history shows us that moment was the moment we were utterly screwed.
We’ve gone through hell but you know what our support are still standing and we know 55 is coming and best of all so do our enemies and it’s eating away at them

Can’t say we weren’t personally warned :eek:

Indeed. Nothing was going to take the shine off the celebrations that day right enough but everything he said was bang on.

I do remember saying to PM "you realise a lot of people will just think you're only saying that because they see it as sour grapes and due to you not getting your chance to run it" and he could only shrug and say "They'll see. We tried our best"

The above is why we should treat every Rangers game as possibly your last go and and enjoy the experience of it all win lose or draw.
We nearly lost our club thank Christ for the good guys.

I’ll never forget the day.

What I will say though is I feel like the club and I have a stronger affinity now. Not that I ever thought it was possible but maybe it’s just learning to not take it for granted?

As Felix says the glee from everyone who wasn't a fan was an eye opener. Scottish civic society showed what it was becoming...the chattering classes chattered. The rise of the Nats, and the hegemony of the RC Church and its acolytes in terms of journalism, media, law, politics etc created a perfect storm.

Most of us were mere rangers supporters looking for some kind of hope to cling to.we cant rewrite history as the vast majority of the support welcomed whyte into the club with open arms and even during administration and Mark Daly’s bbc documentary we attacked the reporter not the substance of the story that we were owned by a con-man.
The saddest part apart from the administration was the majority hoping whyte would win his court battle with hmrc over appointing duff&phelps as our administrators.history shows us that moment was the moment we were utterly screwed.
We’ve gone through hell but you know what our support are still standing and we know 55 is coming and best of all so do our enemies and it’s eating away at them

I mind posting thinking it was better than HMRC appointing their own administrators - in hindsight you have to wonder what would happen if HMRC got their way -

Would it been the case of stitched up from both sides? We never know

One of the worse days ever. The months that followed were horrendous honestly can look back now & see how much it affected me actually probably affected us all. It was consuming my every single thought, I would try to sleep & couldn’t it would just go round my head constantly. Just a horrible shit time for us all.

However it only strengthened my love for our club & for my fellow bears & really was probably only FF that kept me sane. Dark days will never be forgotten but now we are in the light thanks to the current board & Stevie G & when we get 55 it will be all the sweeter.

As Felix says the glee from everyone who wasn't a fan was an eye opener. Scottish civic society showed what it was becoming...the chattering classes chattered. The rise of the Nats, and the hegemony of the RC Church and its acolytes in terms of journalism, media, law, politics etc created a perfect storm.

Yeah, I always knew people hated us from a footballing point of view (and the best team in each country always gets that - Man U / Juve / Real) but it was quite remarkable just how much of a social aspect there was to it too.

Perfect storm indeed with the rise of the SNP and their following etc.

I was having a heated "debate" with the wife the other night regarding the Pittodrie cards and subsequent Compliant officer issues and she was focussing on why Morelos could / should have been sent off and how McGregor could have been cited, from her point of view in a devils advocate manner.

I realise that my view was from a slight bias with regards to being a football fan. However, what it reminded me was that there's a reason I'm like that. I'll concede %^*& all to anyone these days and they deserve no less.

Mark my words, when we finally win the league, I am going to be unbearable to people who aren't Rangers fans. It might not be this season or even next but when it happens, and I love the fact that they know it will happen before too long, I will make literally no apologies for what my own self would have considered completely unacceptable behaviour a decade ago.

I will be LORDING it over each and every person who has even given the slightest hint of "Sevco-itus" around me.

Dark day in our history, but fortunately there were people, including the fans that just refused to let the club die.

Will never forget our first game in the Third Division at Ibrox. A crowd of 40,000 plus, with Keevins stating it was only an act of defiance, just wait to see their crowds on cold December days. How did that turn out Shuggie?

The worst appears to be over, onwards and upwards Gers, we are, and always will be The People.

One of the things that remains with me was just after we had been put into the bottom league and all the haters from other clubs were going on about Sell Out Saturdays and how our supporters would stop going to the Rangers games, etc. I remember seeing a post from a Hertz fan (I think) who said that “the H*ns wouldn’t let their Club die, they will now be on a crusade to get their team back to the top of Scottish football.” Then the first game at Ibrox that season (East Fife???) they had to open the Club Deck to get everyone into the ground who had turned up to see the Rangers. How right was that guy!?!?! WATP

That summer of 2012 must never be forgotten within the Rangers support.

The clubs and fans that lined up to have a right good kick at us, the national association fining us for being in admin, dishing out transfer bans.

Never forgive, never forget.

We must never miss a chance in future to damage or bury those who sought to do the same to us.[/
Ibrox only for me nowadays, no away games

Just never forget the role of SDM in all of this. He got us into the mess ,bailed out and left us to it. He is now back in the top list of Scottish Wealthiest People. He obviously suffered greatly. For all the trophies we won under him he should never have got us into that situation. He owed us a duty of care. One thing is a lot of us are more aware of these things now and more vigilant to never allow this to happen again.

I mind posting thinking it was better than HMRC appointing their own administrators - in hindsight you have to wonder what would happen if HMRC got their way -

Would it been the case of stitched up from both sides? We never know

The only time in the entire process where whyte was rattled was when hmrc tried to appoint their own administrators.

That wasnt part of his 'plan'.

The important thing is that we learn from it. All of it.

I will be eternally grateful to what DK and his colleagues have given us back. But no Rangers owner, director, board member or official should ever be beyond being held up to scrutiny or be beyond criticism. We sleepwalked into what happened. Some saw it coming. And indeed saw it coming over a decade before we got to it. Everything that happened was down to the consequences of David Murray's control and the opportunities that subsequently provided for all of the bastards that came next. It was avoidable. We have to learn.

I've managed to blank most of it from my memory. One thing i won't forget is all those who kicked us when we were down.
All those involved got away with it, justice eh?

Some very prescient posters on that thread. Others who were,shall we say, less so. I was so grateful it didn't happen on my birthday (15th).
Just a scary and horrible time to be a fan.
The Ibrox disaster will always be (God willing) the worst thing to happen to the club as loss of life was worse than a bad few years but even then in 71 you knew the club would be fine and move on. You couldn't say that with certainty in 2012.

Dark dark days for everyone connected with the club.

I still remember walking outside of work on my break for a cigarette and my mate rushing towards me to tell me the news.

The whole of January leading up to the inevitable was horrible.

To my dying day I'll never forgive David Murray.

The last time I vented my true feelings for Sir Duped on FF I copped a ban so I’ll just go along with your thoughts sir!!!

Gut wrenching. Remember the Killie game at home after it was a strange feeling. Distinctly remember the whole stadium breaking into ' whos the 19th Century Terrorist in the black' felt like proper siege mentality that day.

My first born came along at the end of 2012, definitely helped to occupy my time and mind.

Company I worked for went into administration in the January and I was paid off at the end of February. Became an expert in TUPE, administration and liquidation, also spent far too much time on here rather than looking for a job...

Back