Seven years ago the club lodged it's intention to go into administration

I never liked Whyte - I can be honest and say that - but I hadn't thought it would lead to this. It was a real kick in the guts.

EDIT - It was also the start of a difficult time for me personally which, in some ways, was a blessing in disguise, as I rarely went on the forum and was only vaguely aware of there being real problems and we might not play again. I didn't have the time or the energy to devote to it and only read up on a lot of what happened afterwards. I wish I could have done more and I think all of us must feel that way.

On a personal level it was terrible...upped my anxiety levels, and led to mild depression. It then segued nicely into a hellish time personally.

It is something I look back on now as being almost surreal....travelled up to Brechin with Suck for that first game. On the Thursday we still didn't have a licence to play the game.

Brutal. A lifetime ago.

Daniel Cousin still in a cupboard at Auchenhowie waving his contract.

To follow on from Earls post above. My purchase of my Brechin ticket ‘only cash accepted we dont have a card provider service’

To the very bottom we were forced and forced to return with both hands tied behind our back.

That summer of 2012 must never be forgotten within the Rangers support.

The clubs and fans that lined up to have a right good kick at us, the national association fining us for being in admin, dishing out transfer bans.

Never forgive, never forget.

We must never miss a chance in future to damage or bury those who sought to do the same to us.

Few posters there whose first reaction was to panic about not winning the league and not signing Cousin. I was probably just as naive as a daft young boy back then.

A horrible, horrible time.

That whole period made me physically unwell.

One thing, I am of the view that the football club was an asset of Rangers plc and was realised in the exact same way that plant & machinery are liquidated, plant & ma ninety don’t become new at the point of sale .

What a horrible day and the start of a very painful and damaging journey. One which I'm sure affected us all personally more than we could ever probably have imagined. We are now, at last, closing these dark chapters and progressing well again on and off the park. I will never forgive some of the people involved and I will always feel bitter, but I'll tell you what; 55 when it comes will quite simply be the sweetest moment of our clubs history.

Sickening to look back on that but makes you appreciate where we are now.

We might moan about formations and things but it could be a lot worse.

Remember when the was roumors from someone high up inside Ibrox and I started a thread about Ibrox being renamed to get some cash in and most people were against this even though we were in dire need of cash

Now looking back it would be like pissing in the wind though.

It’s been a shocking 7 years but we are still here even with all their attempts to kill us off.

I can mind us playing Killie at Ibrox not long after we went into administration.

We were beaten 1-0 (Dean Shiels), and I remember not giving a single solitary %^*& about the result or performance. Minds were elsewhere I expect, for all of us, wondering what the future would hold.

Brings back horrible feelings reading that, black days. It seemed there was always something disturbing to read day after day.

This speech by one of our greatest managers, Bill Struth, typifies why our great Club along with its loyal supporters is still going forward towards title number 55 even after they tried to kill us off!!!

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country."
"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."
"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

As its something I have almost blanked from memory. What was our status in the league the day it happened were we behind by that point? I know we blew a considerable lead.

Loads of people backing Whyte then even after we'd put in for Admin.
Thankfully we're nearly back to where we belong.

As its something I have almost blanked from memory. What was our status in the league the day it happened were we behind by that point? I know we blew a considerable lead.

We'd already blown a huge lead and I think we were 4 points behind at the time although we'd steadied the ship slightly since Christmas.

Think we beat Dunfermline away just before we went into Admin?

I’ll never forget what those bastards running the game done to us, or those other clubs who kicked a member club when we were on our knees bleeding.
I have not stepped foot in an away stadium since and never will.
I refuse to subsidise their hatred for us.
55 will be up there as the greatest day of my life and the fallout from our enemies will be a joy to behold.

Dark day in our history, but fortunately there were people, including the fans that just refused to let the club die.

Will never forget our first game in the Third Division at Ibrox. A crowd of 40,000 plus, with Keevins stating it was only an act of defiance, just wait to see their crowds on cold December days. How did that turn out Shuggie?

The worst appears to be over, onwards and upwards Gers, we are, and always will be The People.

I was working in the US at the time and 5hrs behind everything - wakening up to messages about what had happened by lunchtime every day.
All the Yanks I was working with were sympathetic to my sports team being in a shitty situation... in Scotland people were celebrating it. Incredible damage done through all of this.

Whytes elderly uncle was a lovely man who was in our LOL.He said to us all that he was a conman who would bleed us dry and close us down like everything else he touched.
Not many believed him but those of us who grew up beside him had real doubts as we knew how he operated.
The rest is history.

This speech by one of our greatest managers, Bill Struth, typifies why our great Club along with its loyal supporters is still going forward towards title number 55 even after they tried to kill us off!!!

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country."
"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."
"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."
Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."[/QUOTE] that qoute above sends shivers down me!and as the old saying goes "what goes round comes round"and it may be closer than WE all think!

great read mate

Our story is unique in world football.

Countless clubs have suffered financial difficulties and survived through the essential goodwill of supporters, authorities, even politicians.

We suffered a 'perfect storm' where the bank, HMRC, the authorities, the media, officials and supporters of other clubs, all actively sought to wipe a club out and dance on the grave. Vultures circled to pick on the bones and politicians deafened us with their silence.

But we're still here (for fifty five).

That was a dark day and terrible times following it.

However, they thought they'd buried us. They use the term zombies as they believed we were dead. But thanks to our fans and our new board, we are who we always were and in just 7 years we're back competing at the top, and they can't stomach it.

We done what was unthinkable to them. We came back, and we're not going away. Watch your backs you pricks, we're coming.

Remember being in Thailand when we the announcement came that we were demoted to division 3.

I went out with the Mrs (no pics) and got absolutely smashed on Thai Whisky.

Trying to explain to the locals how bad our situation was - but they didn't understand.....just looked at me like I was a nutter haha.

Back