Several candidates in our team for our hall of fame.

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
It's not everyone's cup of tea and has lost its way during our years of struggles, spivs and some major rebuilding however it is something we have and others deserve in it.

I'm discussing current players only re this.

Mcgregor and Davis are certs for their contributions over two spells.

Out of the others the most likely at this stage in their Gers careers are Alfie for becoming our top euro scorer of all time and Tav for his goals, assists and leading us to 55.

There are obviously many others of a caliber that would probably get in depending on how long they stay and what they achieve but that's in their and the club's hands.

What say the good folk of FF?

Last edited:
Every single one of them.

HoF is divisive but in my opinion everyone connected with the club achieving 55 after what we have been through in the last decade should be in it.

From Dave King and the directors down to Jimmy Bell and anyone who has played only 5 minutes in the league this season.

Some will say I'm going over the top but what 55 means to us as a support and the club as a whole there should be a "collective" entry.

It's not everyone's cup of tea and has lost its way during our years of struggles, spivs and some major rebuilding however it is something we have and others deserve in it.

Out of the others the most likely at this stage in their Gers carers are Alfie for becoming our top euro scorer of all time and Tav for his goals, assists and leading us to 55.

There are obviously many others of a caliber that would probably get in depending on how long they stay and what they achieve but that's in their and the club's hands.

100% for those 4 anyway

Cemented
McGregor
Davis
Tav

Knocking on the door
Alfredo
Goldson

Think this nails it.

Harsh on Morelos but its a very exclusive hall of fame. A lot of great players don't make the cut.

I'd be delighted for him if he made it in though and wouldn't disagree at all.

Out of the others the most likely at this stage in their Gers careers are Alfie for becoming our top euro scorer of all time and Tav for his goals, assists and leading us to 55.

I genuinely think the Hall of fame has been quite political in the past.
Certain players been added, certain players omitted.

Goldson needs to stay beyond this year and will only do that if he signs a new contract. Tav deserves to be in due to him progressing over the years with the team despite the abuse he has endured at times.

I think Morelos. A year or 2 ago his goals were literally carrying us through. Now that we are in a better place we don’t rely on his goals so much but we definitely have done before. Also his contributions in Europe. He’s been our biggest player of recent times imo

One thing I see about Gerrard is that he just gets it. I think the same of Tav, just look at the emotion he shows after every game (another that sticks out for me is Barrie mckays goal in cup and his raw emotion). Even when he wasn’t captain I remember Waghorn saying he stayed behind and talked to Jimmy Bell about the rangers teams of the past and learned what it meant to be a Rangers player. I’d love him to be inducted along with the expected candidates (and Alfie for his euro goals especially).

Good post OP. All your suggestions I agree with. I think Goldson will need to stay a bit longer as this season he has been 100% consistent.

Buf is 8 goals from a century of them for us. What a player :shh:

If Morelos hits 100 goals and becomes a league winner and maybe the Scottish too then don’t see why he shouldn’t be in the conversation

Alfredo has done something no one in our history has.

Scored his number of euro goals.

But the story really is bigger than just goals.

Last edited:
McGregor
Davis
Tavernier
Morelos - for being top euro scorer alone.

Re Morelos expect it would take another player a minimum of 3 high scoring seasons to overtake him so given he replaced McCoist who left us nigh on 25 years ago he deserves his place IMO.

Also anyone making cheap Celtic player jokes on this thread wants chased.

As with all of the “HOF” scenarios, there’s always the chance that more recent players will come to mind before those from the olden days. So we should be careful not to overdo it with the current squad. Having said that, I’ve said on various different posts that I first went to Ibrox in 1959 and I don’t think I’ve seen a team that seems to genuinely bond and care for each other like this one.

So I’ll definitely go with McGregor, Davis and Tavernier as individuals. Maybe the squad as a whole as a specific addition?

Back