Seville Travel Thread * ALL POSTS HERE / NO TRADING *

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a train just now from Malaga to Seville,the bad news?really strict enforcement of mask wearing.Good news?had a beer seen some bears on wi a case of Cruzcampo

Anyone else on day trip with Barrhead travel?
I’ve only had provisional flight times, to be confirmed today but no tickets or anything…….
Had email from the asking if I had received Health form, phoned to be asked if I had checked junk and spam folders which I have been doing since 11.25 am, will give them a couple of hours the phone again

3 of us in Madrid...Ibis hotel 10.00 pm
Think there's about 6 groups in the thread looking for a meet up.... let's pick a bar and time in the centre.... admittedly the closest sports bar to me is la fontana de oro.... Happy to go anywhere else that's close though.... let's pick a pub and a time and get the beers in

Just posted above suggesting a bar mate...appreciate it won't be close to everyone though!
Just realised ..... i leave for seville tomorrow an most folk are talking about meeting up Tuesday night....heeds scrambled....never the less if anyone wants a beer tonight gimme a shout!

Think there's about 6 groups in the thread looking for a meet up.... let's pick a bar and time in the centre.... admittedly the closest sports bar to me is la fontana de oro.... Happy to go anywhere else that's close though.... let's pick a pub and a time and get the beers in
Fine by me...when u arrive?

On a train just now from Malaga to Seville,the bad news?really strict enforcement of mask wearing.Good news?had a beer seen some bears on wi a case of Cruzcampo

Reckon 2 hours be enough time to get from Airport to on the train in Malaga ?

Anyone else on day trip with Barrhead travel?
I’ve only had provisional flight times, to be confirmed today but no tickets or anything…….

Don't want to hex this but Barrhead were quick to get names and take the money on the Friday after the semi and for the week after that they have been terrible. They put out a provisional travel plan in an email at 5.30 on Saturday and then have switched the phones off basically. The return flight time is unworkable and needs to be changed but getting contact with them is impossible. If no decent update comes out by close of business today I will be door-stepping them tomorrow.

Seville > Alcalá de Guadaíra after the game.

Last bus leaves at 00:00

Anyone else making that journey? It's a 4 hour walk...

Don't want to hex this but Barrhead were quick to get names and take the money on the Friday after the semi and for the week after that they have been terrible. They put out a provisional travel plan in an email at 5.30 on Saturday and then have switched the phones off basically. The return flight time is unworkable and needs to be changed but getting contact with them is impossible. If no decent update comes out by close of business today I will be door-stepping them tomorrow.

I got an email off them an hour ago mate and one of their reps is calling me supposedly this afternoon to take more details of the 3 of us travelling.
Flight times were now 0600 out but still 0150 back which as you say is really really tight if you’ve to be at airport 2 hours before.

I got an email off them an hour ago mate and one of their reps is calling me supposedly this afternoon to take more details of the 3 of us travelling.
Flight times were now 0600 out but still 0150 back which as you say is really really tight if you’ve to be at airport 2 hours before.

That is the same timing we got by email on Saturday. Even with an 11 pm finish local time plus trophy presentation it is an impossible ask to get to the airport for, say, 1 pm check in unless they provide exclusive buses. There is just no way I see that many local taxis to cover the stadium and the fanzone even with pre-booking. There is no way it can be walked in less than two hours even if you knew where you were going. If the game goes the way of the FA Cup Final no one will be on it at all. Amateur hour planning and NOT what was represented when the booking and payment was taken.

Reckon 2 hours be enough time to get from Airport to on the train in Malaga ?
Should be plenty mate we done it in about 45 mins this morning,there is a train from airport to Malaga Maria Zambrano takes about 10min cost $2.30 single fare.Looked quite busy for taxis.

Barrhead travel folk - I phoned again and got fed the same line as yesterday. The flight will be leaving at 1:50 if the game is finishes in normal time. However if people can’t get there quick enough either because of transport to the airport being crazy or it goes to extra time and pens it will be delayed. Fills me with no confidence whatsoever.

In the BA lounge at Gatwick.
With Kenny Miiler, Alex Rae and Emma Dodds.
Waiting on 17.20 to Seville.
Oh and that fud Craigan is here too.

Booked tonight. Started getting severe FOMO!

Liverpool to Alicante tomorrow afternoon, flying back to Gatwick on the Thursday. Buzzing!
What time is your flight on Thursday to Gatwick dt ?

Two of us on the 16:50 from Malaga to Gatwick but are looking for transport (car/bus/train) from S Seville to Malaga - you sorted or have any spare seats to share costs ?

Thanks

Bit of a long shot here but does anyone have any space in a car/bus/anything back to Malaga from Seville after the game? Got a chance to go over but need to make it back to Malaga for a 10:30 flight. Going over by myself at last minute if I go so can’t tie in with my mates travel arrangements.

My minds starting to go into overdrive thinking of potential %^*& ups.

Bus is leaving Buchanan st at 3.40am for Aberdeen, flights 9.30, are the buses normally on schedule?

Any road works well need to contend with?

Barrhead travel folk - I phoned again and got fed the same line as yesterday. The flight will be leaving at 1:50 if the game is finishes in normal time. However if people can’t get there quick enough either because of transport to the airport being crazy or it goes to extra time and pens it will be delayed. Fills me with no confidence whatsoever.
Thought the flight left Seville at 2:45?

We’ve had absolutely %^*& all confirmation from them and booked Friday afternoon (the 6th) but got a call today asking for additional passport info, then said we’d have documents sent over shortly.

Still had nothing.

Seems a bit up in the air (pun intended)

We’ve had absolutely %^*& all confirmation from them and booked Friday afternoon (the 6th) but got a call today asking for additional passport info, then said we’d have documents sent over shortly.

Still had nothing.

I called them yesterday after getting an email that changed the departure time from 0245 to 0150. That was crazy, especially when it said you had to be at the airport 2 hours beforehand or risk it going without you.

They reassured me that the departure would be flexible if fans got delayed, but I'm still not sure just how long they would wait.

I also got an email from them afterwards with this message from their head office

• The flight slot is provisional and we are waiting on final confirmation of the departure time.
  • The flight was chartered to support fans enjoying the game and the atmosphere in Seville so please be assured that if the match runs into extra time, the flight has the flexibility to meet that delay. All the football flight charters anticipate this type of delay.
  • The stadium is just a short drive to the airport and – 10 minutes in a taxi and approx. 20-30 mins by bus. We recommend you plan your return transfer in advance – identifying taxi ranks and the bus stops close to the stadium.

Still had nothing.

I got called by them today for extra info on the three of us going, and asked about the 0150 return time. She said there will be Barrhead travel people on the plane and we can ask them, but same as you I’d be worried about making that, even if it doesn’t go to extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back