SFA and SPFL to ask the government for a bail out

I’m sure they’ll just wrap up the league now on a points per game basis after our result because as we all know that’s the only way to get the prize money on offer to keep other clubs afloat.

There are many non sporting business's going to the wall due to the pandemic. How can the government allow a handout to happen? Every rugby, tennis and hockey club in the land would be in the same queue for a handout and rightly so.
Because football means more to more people. Only my opinion but I think that is a fact. Probably happy to bail out bloody opera and ballet that is frequented by people with loads of money anyway. If football clubs fail it takes away some of a community's identity. Local golf club closes then the members move and play elsewhere.

It really shouldnt be. Football is giving lots of people something to look forward to while most of we are experiencing is doom and gloom. I have no problem in some of my tax heading that way.
Pubs, restaurants and holidays give me something to look forward to when I'm working, they wont be getting a major hand out.
Selfish.

Pubs, restaurants and holidays give me something to look forward to when I'm working, they wont be getting a major hand out.
Selfish.
Yeah, but they have just come off the back of massive help from furlough. Nothing is clear about anything to do with Covid that I can see. It is one massive head %^*&.

Maybe Bungcaster shouldn't have used the money to bribe member clubs in a corrupt vote.

Why doesn't he ask separate entity fc.

" It's for the good of the game " .

All depends on revenue sources. We sold over 400000 season tickets, that’s revenue banked
Other clubs have a much higher reliance in ticket sales on a match by match basis, Going to very difficult to generate extra revenue when everyone is struggling for spare cash

Somebody better phone big pete and get another rousing speech written up, that usually works
Better still,ask him for a sub,lol. In a sense some deserve all they get for voting for the cabal to remain,who clearly don't have the good of the game at heart.

Is our Castore money on a yearly payout over 5 years or a lump sum like the Adidas deal?
My bad it wasn't Adidas with the lump sum

Good point.

Rangers don't have fans through the gate, but still have the revenue.
Is this really just an admission that every other club has shite fans?

And they can spare us the cry baby stuff about "big clubs going to the wall".
These are the same people who voted for Hearts to be relegated.

The smaller Scottish clubs have it in their own hands to do something about it. Do what they should have done decades ago, and amalgamate with other clubs where it's feasible.

As for our SPFL 'colleagues' who think they are in danger of going to the wall, they were hugging themselves in delight in 2012, at the thought of the biggest Scottish club 'going to the wall'.

Fuck them.

I suspect many Hearts fans, and fans of other clubs, will now be looking for a partial refund. The only 2 teams I think that will be ok are us/Celtic
And even then next season isn't so safe. I have a hard time believing many people are going to fork out hundreds to watch a stream once every fortnight. A lot will have done it under the impression they'd be back in some capacity by the new year.

I have no doubt there will be some but I think if people don't get in this season, the st numbers will plummet next season

Is our Castore money on a yearly payout over 5 years or a lump sum like the Adidas deal?

Its £3m a season up front then there are additional payments based on sales. Reports suggest the all the targets have already been met so we could be looking at £7m+ although I don’t know when we will receive the additional money

And even then next season isn't so safe. I have a hard time believing many people are going to fork out hundreds to watch a stream once every fortnight. A lot will have done it under the impression they'd be back in some capacity by the new year.

I have no doubt there will be some but I think if people don't get in this season, the st numbers will plummet next season
I sadly agree with you. These restrictions are here for the next 6 months, lets be straight: we may even have to take another lockdown in that time. This time in March the country will be full of people who have thrown in the towel mentally. We all need a release whether its going to the football or playing sport or going out on the piss. Come renewal time for 21/22 season people could be coming off the back off a really depressing winter and the appetite for football wont be the same as it was a few months ago. And a lot of wives will be asking husbands how can they justify a ST for something that may be used only from time to time. Depressing thought

The smaller Scottish clubs have it in their own hands to do something about it. Do what they should have done decades ago, and amalgamate with other clubs where it's feasible.

As for our SPFL 'colleagues' who think they are in danger of going to the wall, they were hugging themselves in delight in 2012, at the thought of the biggest Scottish club 'going to the wall'.

Fuck them.
Spot on.

Fuck them.

Would you support a 'Glasgow United' made up of us and Celtic?

Scottish football will be dire after this due to the financial implications.
We will have the big two then the rest will be cannon fodder the league may as well be decided by us playing them 4 times and winner takes all.

Figure of 40 to 50 million looks grossly overstated particularly when you consider that the top clubs have, in fact, already sold season tickets in considerable numbers.

Agreed. Top tier clubs have sold STs, maybe not in the numbers they did previously for some clubs but still.

The 40-50m figure is complete bollocks on that basis.

There is an old saying in politics - ‘Every crisis brings an opportunity for Change’. We need to use it to bring about the major structural changes that have been needed for many years. For example, too many clubs in the professional game. Some need to drop to their proper level while others need to amalgamate. Restructure to two SPFL divisions - 28 clubs maximum. Apply strict conditions on the quality of pitches (ban artificial surfaces). Brexit will mean more stringent conditions on taking players from EU countries so there may well be better opportunities for more young players to get a chance earlier than at present. Also, abandon this nonsense of limiting the number of away fans allowed into grounds. What other business in the entertainment industry turns paying customers away? Look at old films of Rangers (and Celtic) away games in the past. We took up 60/70% of the terracing. That is real money now being lost to the game.

The SNP are already making moves to make the taxpayer liable for the victims of the scum's child abuse ring

It's time we made the general public aware of this, because the football authorities are now taking the piss

There is an old saying in politics - ‘Every crisis brings an opportunity for Change’. We need to use it to bring about the major structural changes that have been needed for many years. For example, too many clubs in the professional game. Some need to drop to their proper level while others need to amalgamate. Restructure to two SPFL divisions - 28 clubs maximum. Apply strict conditions on the quality of pitches (ban artificial surfaces). Brexit will mean more stringent conditions on taking players from EU countries so there may well be better opportunities for more young players to get a chance earlier than at present. Also, abandon this nonsense of limiting the number of away fans allowed into grounds. What other business in the entertainment industry turns paying customers away? Look at old films of Rangers (and Celtic) away games in the past. We took up 60/70% of the terracing. That is real money now being lost to the game.
I'd rather see away games beamed back to Ibrox. The money will be split with the home team (more cash for both), but the club can make a little extra on catering

I'd rather see away games beamed back to Ibrox. The money will be split with the home team (more cash for both), but the club can make a little extra on catering
Sky already have exclusive rights for these games so not sure it's an option.

Even if it was an option it would cost and you would assume that, as it would also be on Sky, it would not be as popular as watching away games such as Livi, Ross County or the like, at home or in the pub. That being the case there may not be the financial benefit you might expect if it wasn't televised elsewhere - particularly if you were splitting the money.

Shouldn't the mhanks be paying Doncaster's wages anyway as he basically works for them, and people like the low level paper gatherer, and millionaire Rangers hater McLennan shouldn't get a penny of any taxpayers money by way of a clubs bailout.

Sky already have exclusive rights for these games so not sure it's an option.

Even if it was an option it would cost and you would assume that, as it would also be on Sky, it would not be as popular as watching away games such as Livi, Ross County or the like, at home or in the pub. That being the case there may not be the financial benefit you might expect if it wasn't televised elsewhere - particularly if you were splitting the money.
It's the difference between 2000 Bears travelling to Dingwall for a game compared to lmaybe 5-8000 Bears going to Ibrox for the beamback. I reckon there's a fair number of WoS based supporters who would prefer that to the travelling to the other end of the country

Read online Hearts fans were given a pledge that if they got a ST, they’d get admission to 18 games (even if it meant it would roll into the next season)

Now it appears the club are backtracking - and you can understand why - however their fans aren’t as understanding on the matter

I suspect many Hearts fans, and fans of other clubs, will now be looking for a partial refund. The only 2 teams I think that will be ok are us/Celtic
My Killie supporting mate has the same pledge from their club. Ie any home games you can’t attend will be given as a discount on next years ST. When I suggested at this rate that would mean Killie giving away all STs for free next year he suddenly wasn’t so sure.

No club up here could afford that, it’s madness.

Don't you dare mention that great mans name in the same sentence as Doncaster :))

zjOr7J3.jpg

My Killie supporting mate has the same pledge from their club. Ie any home games you can’t attend will be given as a discount on next years ST. When I suggested at this rate that would mean Killie giving away all STs for free next year he suddenly wasn’t so sure.

Definitely think there’ll be a lot of backtracking however with no guarantee fans will be able to attend next season, it’ll be interesting to see ST uptake across the board

To be honest, it’s left a bitter taste that I could’ve got access to the 17 home games minus Celtic for £170 but instead it’s working out at £500. Don’t get me wrong, I knew risks and happy the club got the money but another season of that scenario will put a % of fans off

It’ll be interesting to see how clubs approach it - I will absolutely renew but still think the club needs to approach it carefully

It's the difference between 2000 Bears travelling to Dingwall for a game compared to lmaybe 5-8000 Bears going to Ibrox for the beamback. I reckon there's a fair number of WoS based supporters who would prefer that to the travelling to the other end of the country
There would indeed be interest probably close to the figures you suggest, however, the Sky deal was negotiated on the basis that they had exclusive rights to the games so they would either block this option totally or charge so much that, allowing for splitting the profit as you suggest, it may not be the money spinner you would initially think.

We do need to be exploring all avenues to increase our income and ideas such as this are certainly worth considering.

This article https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54019867 shows what clubs in the EPL are doing. Looks like most havent sold any season tickets at all. Oh, to have the wealth to be able to fund that.

£400k to stand there and smile with a shitey Ivan Drago haircut

The haircut isn't even as good as ivan drago. It looks like those haircuts wee boys used to get in the 90s, a number 2 all over with a long fringe left

Back