SFA and SPFL to ask the government for a bail out

Sky already have exclusive rights for these games so not sure it's an option.

Even if it was an option it would cost and you would assume that, as it would also be on Sky, it would not be as popular as watching away games such as Livi, Ross County or the like, at home or in the pub. That being the case there may not be the financial benefit you might expect if it wasn't televised elsewhere - particularly if you were splitting the money.
Perhaps not beamed back to Ibrox......

But a large Rangers hall somewhere, with a capacity of around 2500 which was licenceetc (a bit like the darts)

Rangers make money off the booze & food, merch etc

Have a couple of ex players as guests every week

Steven Gerrard is a global brand. He manages the biggest team in the country. I still can’t get my head around why we don’t have or can’t attract a suitable sponsor.

And here we are with the begging bowl out devoid of any intent on progression...

would anyone seriously trust the powers that be to use any handout effectively?
We can't get a sponsor because the clown in charge is a complete incompetent and the face of a stinking organisation. Why associate your product with Scottish football and drive away over half of potential customers.

You've got to hand it to that shower of incompetents.
You couldn't redden their necks with a blow torch, folk the length and breath of uk fearing for their jobs and they're standing with the begging bowl,expecting preferential treatment.

More chance than us going to England. We aren't wanted there. Clubs outwith the PL don't want us as we harm their chances of getting to the riches of the PL.
At least a third of the teams down south will be going to the wall if this situation continues, the same up here; so I think external factors may dictate otherwise.

A blind man can see where this is going. Now the scum have a better ppg average the league will be called due to financial problems for clubs. Remember they tried and failed to get approval from clubs to make decisions.

So I did overstate your status within the Daily Record right enough :eek::)

Mind you I can understand your reasons why you play down your involvement with them. It’s a stain on your journalism/blogging character which can never be removed.

I just hope they paid you enough to ruin your reputation within Rangers circles. However, judging by your performance on this thread you’re more than capable of doing that yourself.

I don't downplay my involvement with them.

I'm sure you'll be greeting about Andy Halliday ruining his reputation within Rangers circles next after doing work for both the Record AND BBC Scotland in the last week or so.

Prior to 2012 I would've hated to see a club go bust bar Dundee Utd and Celtic. However, just now I couldn't give a flying %^*&.

In all honesty I would rather it was the SPL teams that went bust rather than some of the lower leagues because the lower leagues accepted us and were grateful to have us.

If I think logically though, I have said it for many, many years we have too many teams in Scotland and 4 divisions which are not required. Teams that are part time are great for communities but in terms of a professional league, nope it looks like amateur hour. Clubs going to the wall might finally push the governing bodies into league reform and 2 larger divisions with a pyramid system below. Moving away from playing each other 4 times, with the potential of facing some opponents 7 times a season.

If Westminster donates a large amount of money to English sport the Scottish Government will likely get a Barnet proportion.

It is what the Nats will do with it that will be interesting.

Don't think clubs should be doling money out to other clubs.

However, the lower leagues turned down some guaranteed money from Rangers (and them) when they snubbed the 'colts' idea yet again. Hindsight is a great thing but perhaps there is some regret about that now from the lower echelons.

Last edited:
I don't downplay my involvement with them.

I'm sure you'll be greeting about Andy Halliday ruining his reputation within Rangers circles next after doing work for both the Record AND BBC Scotland in the last week or so.

If you do’t downplay role with the DR why did you reply with the following to my post regards that you had an association with the DR -

‘You got pretty much the whole thing wrong. Not a surprise. Its a common thing on here. I post, someone screams Daily Record and then makes wrong (or downright bizarre) claims.’

That certainly reads to me that you were downplaying you’re involvement.

You seem to be strange ‘dude’ who seems to forgets what he posts from 10 minutes prior.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to your next rewarding interaction on this board :D

If you do’t downplay role with the DR why did you reply with the following to my post regards that you had an association with the DR -

‘You got pretty much the whole thing wrong. Not a surprise. Its a common thing on here. I post, someone screams Daily Record and then makes wrong (or downright bizarre) claims.’

That certainly reads to me that you were downplaying you’re involvement.

You seem to be strange ‘dude’ who seems to forgets what he posts from 10 minutes prior.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to your next rewarding interaction on this board :D

Haven't forgotten what I posted, but you've conveniently missed out my previous post when I corrected you saying I'd worked as a journalist for the Daily Record.

Never worked as a journalist for them, do try harder next time.

If Westminster donates a large amount of money to English sport the Scottish Government will likely get a Barnet proportion.

It is what the Nats will do with it that will be interesting.

Don't think clubs should be doling money out to other clubs.

However, the lower leagues turned down some guaranteed money from Rangers (and them) when they snubbed the 'colts' idea yet again. Hindsight is a great thing but perhaps there is some regret about that now from the lower echelons.
Westminster are already in hawk to the Bank of England for the cash they needed for the furlough scheme, NHS being privatised by the back door, millions wasted on failed schemes but Cummings mates' pockets are full. More businesses will fold in 2021 due to Brexit and the message is clear, its sink or swim. Thats where we are right now. Football wont even register in the minds of the kleptocratic posh boys running the country. There will be no public bail out. TV companies will prob take the initiative and it will be based on demand. Rangers and the unmentionables will be involved. I genuinely see a top Great Britain league structure made up of Scottish, English, and Welsh teams. None of us couldve foreseen any of this but change is definitely on its way. Forced change should hopefully be better than the planned alternative.

Haven't forgotten what I posted, but you've conveniently missed out my previous post when I corrected you saying I'd worked as a journalist for the Daily Record.

Never worked as a journalist for them, do try harder next time.

Any reasonable person reading the link you have posted would take from it that you had NO association with the DR.

But aye, you hide behind the distinction between Blogger/Journalist to hide your shameful past :) TBF, I’d do the same if I sold my soul to the Daily Record :)

Any reasonable person reading the link you have posted would take from it that you had NO association with the DR.

But aye, you hide behind the distinction between Blogger/Journalist to hide your shameful past :) TBF, I’d do the same if I sold my soul to the Daily Record :)

Aye there's quite an important distinction there. I was never employed to do any sort of reporting and only wrote an opinion column. We wouldn't suggest Barry Ferguson or Chris Sutton are journalists on the basis of only writing an opinion column.

Shameful? Nah. Getting paid to write about Rangers in one of the country's biggest papers and use my small platform to try and cover the club in a positive light definitely isn't something I'd say was shameful.

Sold my soul? Are you telling me the club have also sold their soul by jumping into bed with them?

But a large Rangers hall somewhere, with a capacity of around 2500 which was licenceetc (a bit like the darts)

That probably has more merit than the beam back just a pity the redevelopment of Edmiston House is still a bit away. I'm pretty sure you would get a decent turn out in there for a Sunday shift watching the Rangers.

If the guys picking up hefty pay packets at the SFA and SPFL had only done their jobs by getting a sponsor and more lucrative TV deal, they would not be in such a mess.

Why not ask their puppet master Peter for a bailout?

How many STs do you reckon the filth have?

No guarantee of seeing Rangers? I think their numbers will be significantly lower.
a mate was telling me they had sold out - I didn't think so. otherwise they would have been centre page spreads about TGFIW etc.

Unless the lady's front bottom in charge of the SPFL reduces his £300k pa salary as a first move, then the SPFL/SFA should not be going anywhere near public money. I also think there are better ways to spend public money than handing it over to a bunch of serial incompetents.

a mate was telling me they had sold out - I didn't think so. otherwise they would have been centre page spreads about TGFIW etc.
I had a guy I worked with years ago tell me this.
Couple of days later, another workmate comes in saying he's just been at the piggery and bought a ST.

They extended the deadline several times, not really how a sold out gig works in my mind.

how much of this bail out would be swallowed up by wages & expenses?
Very good point m

Good idea except the last bit they would want paid and our players will need to have a look at themselves as well

Steven Gerrard is a global brand. He manages the biggest team in the country. I still can’t get my head around why we don’t have or can’t attract a suitable sponsor.

And here we are with the begging bowl out devoid of any intent on progression...

would anyone seriously trust the powers that be to use any handout effectively?
You seriously underrate the incompetence that Neil Dontunderstand has to fall back on when bias on its own isn’t enough to %^*& things up

Back