SFA announce Chair to independent Wellbeing and Protection Advisory Report

wee bud's pit boots

I’d also like to question the timing of this. Do they know something is coming?
And the SFA should not be involved in this at all. It should be fully independent imo.
Yup, independent like getting Jimmie Krankie and the two polis at the Rangers end oblivious to the carnage all around them in 2016.

The question is, should we as a club get involved here?

Should we, be as a board, be asking questions of the bona fides of the runts being part of the scam here?

The thing is we don't have a journalist worthy of the name prepared to ask the question.

If the roles were reversed, filth journos and politicians would be all over this.

We don't have that luxury.

We need to go for the jugular here. (IMO)

No one else will do it for us.

Tim Hunter

Official Ticketer
How on earth can it be an 'Independent' Board with Ian Maxwell on it? It makes no sense at all to have the SFA head honcho on it - surely a clear conflict of interest if it is truly independednt
There are 3 SFA employees on that committee, one from the SPFL and another 2 who smell suspiciously like tarrier bedfellows.
Independent my arse.

Blues and Royals

Yup, independent like getting Jimmie Krankie and the two polis at the Rangers end oblivious to the carnage all around them in 2016.

The question is, should we as a club get involved here?

Should we, be as a board, be asking questions of the bona fides of the runts being part of the scam here?

The thing is we don't have a journalist worthy of the name prepared to ask the question.

If the roles were reversed, filth journos and politicians would be all over this.

We don't have that luxury.

We need to go for the jugular here. (IMO)

No one else will do it for us.
We absolutely need to go after Celtic and nail the bastards, because at the end of the day when this whole sordid affair is over, and if they emerge relatively unscathed, and our club kept its dignity and said nothing, their entire mafia is going to come after us.
They won’t care about the horrific abuse that took place, they won’t care about the ensuing cover ups, they won’t care about the victims receiving nominal compensation and they won’t even care about the lawyers who forced Celtic into court.
What they will care about though is those trouble making, point scoring Rangers fans, who in their eyes, made all this much worse for Celtic and who in their eyes caused all this trouble and embarrassment for them.
So as ever with them, it’s all about us and as public enemy number one, we will be targeted for destruction.
So that is why Dave King needs to have a proper strategy in waiting and strike when the time is right, because if we don’t do it to them, they are going to regroup and do it to us.

TN8

More political drama nonsense being spouted I see.

Nothing to do with Rangers.

wee bud's pit boots

Why am I not surprised?

It is a carve up.

I think it incumbent that our club does speak out here.

It gets worse as it gets out.

Back then, an Anne McGinn took over the shares of her husband/father from The Trophy Centre and took them in her name. The Trophy Centre was proved to be owned by a convicted child molester.

What kind of female takes on shares from that person and/or company, with that baggage?

Think also, McGinn was also chairman of the SFA, and no one from the press asked about his credentials?

It is un-bloody-believable, what has happened in this country and not one politician or journalist has questioned what has happened at the scum hut.

wee bud's pit boots

We absolutely need to go after Celtic and nail the bastards, because at the end of the day when this whole sordid affair is over, and if they emerge relatively unscathed, and our club kept its dignity and said nothing, their entire mafia is going to come after us.
They won’t care about the horrific abuse that took place, they won’t care about the ensuing cover ups, they won’t care about the victims receiving nominal compensation and they won’t even care about the lawyers who forced Celtic into court.
What they will care about though is those trouble making, point scoring Rangers fans, who in their eyes, made all this much worse for Celtic and who in their eyes caused all this trouble and embarrassment for them.
So as ever with them, it’s all about us and as public enemy number one, we will be targeted for destruction.
So that is why Dave King needs to have a proper strategy in waiting and strike when the time is right, because if we don’t do it to them, they are going to regroup and do it to us.
This for me about is end game.

They tried to kill us for something that was legal, even they used it.

This is different.

I've said so many times, and not trying to be clever than anyone else.

If what had happened at the scum hut had happened at Ibrox instead, the people, the sounds of silence, would have been wanting us shut down.

That epitomises the scum hole of a country we live in.

Bluethruandthru

Not to be trusted in a million years with such a serious issue. NO FKN WAY!

Totally independent or not at all is how this needs handled by people who seek the truth above all else. Frankly I’ve no confidence whatsoever that’s even possible anymore in this scum infested cesspit.

Cyberniv

Looks like a "Yes Minister" type game of musical chairs. Another bunch of fatuous talking heads put in place to kick this as far into the long grass as it will go.
Never mind just imagine the fees and expenses they will be able to crank up for ever and a day.

Did I mention, I don't think this will make one whit of difference.

gersfan2

I'd be asking the religions of them all. Sod the 'I'm a Clydebank fan' and a' that.

I'm also with my flabber being gasted interested in the timing of this.

Apart from anything else, no one from the Scottish FA should be allowed near this.

Is this another deflection away from the main issue.

Last edited:

yosser hughes

i would sincerely hope our club are thinking of getting a couple of heavyweight big hitters into our boardroom rather soon, in preparation for the inevitable whitewash that sfa will conjure up, we will need rottweillers on our side to go after the sfa when they fail to implement any viable punishments on the club that turned a blind eye to sexual abuse of possibly hundreds of children in their care, the sfa are complicit in this and so they need to pay the full price,when the time arises our need to come out swinging and take every last one of them down,if not they will regroup and come for us down the line,and if they do they will succeed where they failed the last time,they will bury us for good , of that i am in no doubt, our club from now on i need to be on the front foot on any matter in scottish football, those running the game at present simply aren't to be trusted, my worry is looking in our boardroom i do not see who from our club is going to step up to the plate and sieze the day for the good of the game going forward, which brings me back to my starting point, we need at least one possibly ruthless bastards leading our charge, our whole clubs future i feel will depend on how we as a club deal these matters when the footballing authorities wash their hands of their own and cfc inactions,,are we as a club up for awaits us,

sapper

assume this is for them to dig into a certain abohorrent club
I would assume it is to set up safeguards for kids in sport, and to ensure nothing like the Torbett, Cairney, McAfferty scandal can ever happen again. Doesn't look to me like a board to investigate wrongdoing and apportion blame.
If it was I would think there would be legal figures involved.

Goldenboot

don't trust anything the SFA do. Put it this way, if they had an independent panel to recommend action against sectarianism, Dornan and Haggerty would be on it.
Hopefully they prove me wrong and put victims first.

skorn

The only problem that I have with waiting for when "the time is right" is that you can wait too long.

As another poster described it, this is CFC getting their pieces into place for what lies ahead.

I think our Cub DOES have an actual duty to come out and ask, in the context of personnel in the SFA and the SPFL (and its predecessors) possibly being involved, WHY a genuinely independent group hasn't been appointed.

The SFA and SPFL can then huff and puff about our lack of respect and questioning their integrity, but ...
THIS is the time to do it.

Not later on, when it's all been whitewashed, and -- possibly -- Rangers FC find ourselves being set up for some load of made-up sh*te.

Tim Hunter

Official Ticketer
"The appointment of the IWPAB is a commitment to the implementation of the recommendations of the Independent Review published by Martin Henry, the independent chair, and the broad skillset and experience of the board will ensure a widespread approach to reinforcing child wellbeing and protection across the national game."

Nothing to do with investigating the goings-on at Parkhead by the looks of it. But a good thing nonetheless.
How on earth can an investigation into child wellbeing and protection in Scottish football have nothing to do with the goings on in and around the Paedodome.
It looks like we are being taken for a ride again.
PS Martin Henry is(was) a Lothian and Borders police child protection executive officer, and head of. child protection charity STOP.
He also has the "look."

bobally

So around 20% of the population of Scotland is RC, but allegedly they will have close to double that or more on this group

chilebear

I’d also like to question the timing of this. Do they know something is coming?
And the SFA should not be involved in this at all. It should be fully independent imo.
Theyre doing what the Catholic church does. Do internal inquiries and make it look like theyre handling it.
Theyre should be a inquiery from the poloce and government.

Last edited:

TN8

How on earth can an investigation into child wellbeing and protection in Scottish football have nothing to do with the goings on in and around the Paedodome.
It looks like we are being taken for a ride again.
PS Martin Henry is(was) a Lothian and Borders police child protection executive officer, and head of. child protection charity STOP.
He also has the "look."
Because this isn't the investigation. It's nothing to do with any sort of investigation or review of what happened at their boys club. People are just diving in here and making an arse of themselves without reading it.

Latest posts