SFA approve Martindale as "fit and proper"

The SFA should be getting slaughtered for even turning this into issue. Obviously I don’t agree with what he done, but everyone should be allowed the opportunity to rehabilitate themselves. It doesn’t take an SFA panel to see the guy has clearly done this.

A farce that it dragged on as long as it did considering he’s been involved with Livingston for years. The SFA are a disgrace for how they’ve handled it considering there’s a player in the SPL who’s done time for serious assault with a baseball bat.

Fair play to the guy, he’s turned his life around and doing a great job

After his recent results and all the publicity he has got, I'd have been amazed if they had done anything else.

It actual makes a mockery of the whole “fit and proper” process. I have to say i think Martindale’s role in that club has always been odd but it’s their business and always was. But if he’s “fit and proper”, and Ashley was and Charles’s Green was, what exactly does “unfit and improper” look like?

Serious question, before people post pictures of Lawell and Lennon :)

The SFA should be getting slaughtered for even turning this into issue. Obviously I don’t agree with what he done, but everyone should be allowed the opportunity to rehabilitate themselves. It doesn’t take an SFA panel to see the guy has clearly done this.
Yes it does mate. I agree with the decision and good luck to the guy but these things need considered properly

Took them long enough. Can think of a few c#unts from the SFA and SPFL over the years who I wouldn’t seem fit and proper! Well done to Martindale.

Guy made a bad choice in the past. He regrets it, paid his debt to society and sorted himself out. Well done the wee man and actually well done Livi for giving him the chance. Just hope he is better than the run of the mill management dinosaurs we have in Scotland.

I read the article about his daughter Googling his past after the SFA started their witch-hunt. They should never have gone there.

If they decided he wasnt fit and proper where would that have left them?Take away all their results when he had been in charge even more reason to get rid of the incompetent clowns running our game.

Correct decision. The guy has turned his life around and has been sensational so far for Livi. Good on him

Question, for those who think this is the correct decision (which I tend to agree with), would you therefore accepted him as Rangers manager in future if he proved to be an excellent manager or still be wary given his past?

Question, for those who think this is the correct decision (which I tend to agree with), would you therefore accepted him as Rangers manager in future if he proved to be an excellent manager or still be wary given his past?

Would you accept Duncan Ferguson as a manager? (Ignoring his obvious lack of credentials)

Back