SFA asking for transfer window to be postponed

I see a lot of posts saying that this would be a move to help the scum, and while it is probably now natural to assume that to be the case, I just cannot see any real reason for this in that regard, or any other really. What exactly is it people think they would be gaining above everyone else by this, if it were true?

It is the date when you can officially be registered in Scotland.
Hagi is already registered as a Rangers player. The transfer window opening is moot in his case (thats why Chelsea got to sign Kovacic despite being under a transfer ban, they already held his registration from being on loan.)

Something to do with the Scottish cup would seem the most plausible explanation for this.
It goes against what Petrie said a few weeks back but playing the Scottish cup behind closed doors in the fortnight before the league starts would really suit the Filth.
Two competitive matches before the league starts and they have to play European qualifiers would be a big advantage.

I see a lot of posts saying that this would be a move to help the scum, and while it is probably now natural to assume that to be the case, I just cannot see any real reason for this in that regard, or any other really. What exactly is it people think they would be gaining above everyone else by this, if it were true?
That's the thing here - there is no obvious benefit to anyone of delaying the start of the transfer window.

If anything it probably has a detrimental effect on most if not all clubs.

If you wanted to help clubs across the board then it would seem logical to either extend the window or do away with it all together.

This proposal makes no sense but, although they haven't explained why they want to delay it, there must be some reason as it seems to hinder most.

You then start to question why someone would propose this and wonder if it hinders their competitors more than them.

It's certainly not being proposed for no good reason.

With a £5m monthly wage bill and no income they will be keen to get people off the payroll but, with the ar5e about to fall out the transfer market, they will be terrified about not realising their customary over inflated prices.

Delaying the start of the window may also mean that when it does open certain clubs who are struggling now may have reached the desperate stage and the beggars may be able to find replacements for any departures fairly cheaply.

One things for sure - there will be a reason.

Don't believe this is true.
They could not make such a momentous decision without consulting the clubs.
Then again this is Scottish football we are talking about.

Sorry if covered already, big thread, if this is true it might be a sneaky move by the powers that be.

Currently as things stand, teams are allowed to sign free agents outwith the normal transfer window restrictions. There’s going to be a mountain of free agents to pick from.

Again, if true, then you can see the thinking behind restricting teams who can/want to invest to improve.

Hopefully just fake news as mentioned however nothing can be put by this shower!

If one assumes that the filth are squirrelling away money to cover the cost of the recompense for their heinous crimes and that their astronomical wage bill is without revenue is suffocating them...Add to this the potential of losing the likes of Edouard and McGregor to the EPL and the likelihood of us strengthening our squad as we have begun to do...Then one could see how the filth might want to cancel the window to whatever extent benefits them!

Given there's also at least one transfer already completed (Alan Forrest moving from Ayr to Livi) it's not happening
If one assumes that the filth are squirrelling away money to cover the cost of the recompense for their heinous crimes and that their astronomical wage bill is without revenue is suffocating them...Add to this the potential of losing the likes of Edouard and McGregor to the EPL and the likelihood of us strengthening our squad as we have begun to do...Then one could see how the filth might want to cancel the window to whatever extent benefits them!
Our window opening doesn't stop players not being sold.

Yip looks they are having a clear out and can't afford many transfers, so stop other clubs, mostly us, from buying new players.

The media going full blast about our finances it occurred to me it might be about us not being able to sell anyone . This in their minds would reduce our income stream. We should be looking at suing those who are questioning our finaances. They do not seem to realise our ST sales and soon our merchandising will be of a much greater magnitude than they think

Sorry I'm not having this at all! I wouldn't be surprised if this was some yahoo attempt at operation tango. They're sad enough to.

The media going full blast about our finances it occurred to me it might be about us not being able to sell anyone . This in their minds would reduce our income stream. We should be looking at suing those who are questioning our finaances. They do not seem to realise our ST sales and soon our merchandising will be of a much greater magnitude than they think
Our window not opening has no bearing on our ability to sell anyone.

Our window not opening has no bearing on our ability to sell anyone.

I posted earlier in response to one of your 'this is fake' posts asking if you or one of your journalistic mates had actually established via the SFA that it was indeed fake. Have you established it is fake or is it just your best guess? It does seem a very bizarre thing tbh, with no purpose whatsoever.

I posted earlier in response to one of your 'this is fake' posts asking if you or one of your journalistic mates had actually established via the SFA that it was indeed fake. Have you established it is fake or is it just your best guess? It does seem a very bizarre thing tbh, with no purpose whatsoever.

Sorry, never spotted that one. I've not spoken to any other journalists (they don't tend to like us blogger sorts) about it but have reached out to a few people who would likely have seen it/ be aware of its existence but nobody has so far. I'm off furlough tomorrow so can properly dig into it a bit more and go down more official channels (including directly asking the SFA).

Sorry, never spotted that one. I've not spoken to any other journalists (they don't tend to like us blogger sorts) about it but have reached out to a few people who would likely have seen it/ be aware of its existence but nobody has so far. I'm off furlough tomorrow so can properly dig into it a bit more and go down more official channels (including directly asking the SFA).

Cheers buddy. I was sceptical, because it serves no purpose whatsoever. But the screen cap showing the scottishfalive.co.uk website had me thinking twice.

Be interesting to hear your update, which I suspect will confirm what you've said.

That would only be relevant if we were selling to Scottish clubs and to be frank, that is not happening to a level that would make any difference anyway.

Don't believe this is true.
They could not make such a momentous decision without consulting the clubs.
Then again this is Scottish football we are talking about.
Me neither.
Motherwell are in the first round of Europe (if they happen who knows) and don’t even have 11 players registered

the whole episode surrounds 1 club. It does not matter whether its the SPFL or the SFA as both are near the same board members (50% anyway). There will be some legal breach that won't benefit Celtic hence why the question is being asked. Very likely to do with the 19/20 Scottish Cup.

We already know they are desperate to get a league fixture or a league cup fixture taken place so they can officially cancel the pyramid playoff but allow the Cup.

They really are a 1 club organisation.

Looks like they have jumped the gun. Scottish football authorities are consistently a laughing stock

Any news ?

Donkeys mess again I see. If they had waited like most other leagues have done, they wouldn’t have this mess. They knew the clubs would have to release players etc, clubs would have given those issues to them. Not as if they listened though as it was all about their tainted titles.

I’m sure Ross Wilson mentioned on talksport that the transfer window would be pushed back a bit because they are only able to keep it open for a set amount of weeks and there will be delays across Europe as they still need to finish the CL and EL

The Scottish cup.

The Scottish cup.

Had it been genuine it was nothing to do with the Scottish Cup. See post #37. The cup matches won't be played until crowds are back - even if it takes until 2021.

As it turns out, the letter is fake anyway. No idea why someone would want to fake it but there you go.

Was trying to figure out how this benefits the scum or disadvantages Rangers (because every decision is made with that end goal in mind). Think you have it.

Is there an implication for Europa cup too? If our squad is unchanged then the competition is still live and there’s a high chance we’ll get knocked out in the second leg. If transfer windows open then that might have implications for the ability of the competitions to continue. In which case, we are co-winners and entitled to an increased share of prize money. I would assume.

How would it work with Hagi for example, although we have agreed a deal with K.R.C Genk if this gets passed I imagine we wouldn’t be able to register him until the window opens.

Surely even though he is technically still a Genk player, he would be able to train with the rest of the squad & be involved in team meeting etc.

No chance this is getting passed IMO.

presume it makes little difference with Hagi. He’s our player on loan till the season officially ends and our player fully as soon as transfer windows open. Can’t see this being altered by anything.

Had it been genuine it was nothing to do with the Scottish Cup. See post #37. The cup matches won't be played until crowds are back - even if it takes until 2021.

As it turns out, the letter is fake anyway. No idea why someone would want to fake it but there you go.
Hearts have no team, they've been relegated and are expected to play Celtic in the last seasons cup without last seasons team. I wouldn't put anything past them.

And we too are still in the UEFA of course.

Missed it being fake. Need to stop replying to first few posts without reading bottom of threads.

Back