SFA asking for transfer window to be postponed

That request will be laughed out for the embarrassment it is.......100% it's to try and force hearts to play the semi final of cup as behind closed doors I reckon budge has said no chance

No way will the players union support the postponing of the transfer window as many of their members will be looking for clubs to sign for after being released

This is the time to scrap the transfer window even if only for a season or two. Clubs will be fighting to survive as it is and should be allowed to deal at any point over the coming season to make money if need be.

How can anyone write a letter asking for a postponement of a starting date but not mention which date they want it postponed to?

The SFA / SPFL plan is for clubs to be allowed to release players and then not let clubs register new players? Ok then.

There's no logic in postponing it. Clubs will make their own minds up whether or not they dive into the market. There's more of a case for extending it if the start of the season is delayed.

And I fail to see how the Scottish cup comes into it. Finished or not, it will always be the 19/20 competition and if you've played for another club already then you are cuptied otherwise you are not. Any club bringing someone in knows the score.

What they really should be discussing are contingency plans if COVID-19 peaks again and there is another lockdown. It'll take a bit of working out how to award the title to the tramps if only a dozen games get played. Especially if we are leading when they have to shut it down. :cool:

The SFA / SPFL plan is for clubs to be allowed to release players and then not let clubs register new players? Ok then.
If clubs can't register enough players, surely they have a case with CAS to postpone the upcoming season?

The SFA not acting in the member clubs interests, at least all but one

I’d imagine a window will be open well before any new season starts, not sure who they asked for this, but I don’t see it being an issue. That said I also imagine FIFA to tell them to %^*& off, being the only league to ask for such a thing why would the change anything for one league when no one can see any benefit in it!

How would it work with Hagi for example, although we have agreed a deal with K.R.C Genk if this gets passed I imagine we wouldn’t be able to register him until the window opens.

Surely even though he is technically still a Genk player, he would be able to train with the rest of the squad & be involved in team meeting etc.

No chance this is getting passed IMO.
Get his loan extended now before the transfer window opens?

So for the good of Scottish football, the season was ended to help clubs in financial difficulties. Now clubs have had to release many players due to budget restraints and have asked for government help. They will struggle to replace the players who have left and the bright sparks who run the game want to prevent them from doing so. And yet none of the corrupt cowards will say anything as long as they are ok
and separate entity fc get to win the Scottish cup due to lack of players in squads.
Of course, separate entity fc will be allowed to buy players as it would deny them a crack at qualifying for the Champions league money, we need sporting integrity after all.

All for the good of the game.

Rangers were the first big team in Scotland, (in UK maybe?) to announce a transfer of a good player for a good value - only official as soon as the window opens.

SPFL immediately want to postpone opening of tranafwr window.

Rangers were the first big team in Scotland, (in UK maybe?) to announce a transfer of a good player for a good value - only official as soon as the window opens.

SPFL immediately want to postpone opening of tranafwr window.
Ach pure coincidence. This is Scotland, everything here is above board. ;)

They are telling us the season will start as planned at the beginning of August. I don't see any reason to postpone the transfer window. I reckon though that the countries that are starting the season later will postpone theirs. If I was the chairman of a club that waited until the last minute before selling my biggest asset, I'd probably want them to line up. I'd hate to buy a striker, for example, then either fail to sell a forward or affect my bargaining position.

Scottish Cup from this season won't be completed until 2021 in any case mate. They want crowds. Think you are on the wrong track there.

From what I remember they were saying just before the first vote that the Scottish Cup would need to be completed in 2020, for it to be the 19/20 Scottish Cup.

They don’t care about the crowds, their actions have risked at least one of the clubs involved going bust, it’s about them getting every chance they can to ‘win’ 4 trebles in a row.

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) Hagi will be fine - Chelsea couldn't register new players but managed to hold on to Kovacic because he'd already been on loan and was registered with them
That’ll allow us to sign Hagi and allow them to possibly sign Forster and possibly the winger they’ve got

From what I remember they were saying just before the first vote that the Scottish Cup would need to be completed in 2020, for it to be the 19/20 Scottish Cup.

They don’t care about the crowds, their actions have risked at least one of the clubs involved going bust, it’s about them getting every chance they can to ‘win’ 4 trebles in a row.

I've put Petrie's quotes in post #37 mate. That was from around 6 May.

Yep, loads of players will be getting let go due to Covid and the SFA want to deny them employment.

Seriously, what the %^*&?

How many times does it need said. They cannot play the scottish cup due to the SFA not getting club 42 from the SPFL. It opens a whole can of worms as it is an SFA competition that has never been canceled. Once the first league game is played then the pyramid play off is void and the SFA knows this. And thereafter can play their tainted cup.

@GimmeShelter This is what Petrie said:

Asked specifically to confirm that the 2019-20 Scottish Cup would be played to a conclusion, regardless of any complications which might be caused about changes in playing squads, Petrie told BBC Sportsound:

"Yes. We want to play the games in that showpiece competition.

"We want to play both the semi finals and the final in front of fans later in the year, even into next year.

"That is why the regulation group looks at it and the Scottish FA has the power to determine when it can play that competition".
If that happens then it’s an absolute disgrace and I can’t believe more wasn’t made of it at the time.

Back